Kurtob Alliance

Dakkongj

Was the Kurtob speeder nerfed? There is no mention of it in the patch notes.

I decided to start a new character to check out the new intros, yet the mount isn't going its normal 110% speed (as stated in the tooltip and what was used as a selling feature for it). It seems to be going 90% like the other mounts now

I noticed this as well. On fleet, with speeder piloting I, it seemed actually slower to me than the victor's trailblazer, but I admit that it might not be. Just overall disappointed, I generally use the Alliance until i get speeder III and find something more interesting.

Hopefully this is a bug or a unintended change, because the 110% speed was the only reason to get the speeder. Which was originally used as their big incentive to get people to use their RaF program.

Except, the Kurtob Alliance was not actually changed, every other non-adaptive speeder was, such as the Avalanche Heavy Tank and those floating Czerka lawnmower things from the planetary speeder vendors. Even this moment, the tooltip for the Alliance states: "...increasing movement speed to 110% regardless of the rank of your Speeder Piloting skill..." Plus it was working as written 4 days ago when I made a new vanguard. This is either a nerf, or more likely, a really odd bug.

If it isn't 110% now, it should be fixed. It's not otherwise a very attractive mount, but it comes in handy if you start a new character.

Granted, these days you can get a fast mount earlier than ever before, but still. It was a reward for referring 5 people. It should still be there for those who have.

If it isn't 110% now, it should be fixed. It's not otherwise a very attractive mount, but it comes in handy if you start a new character.

Granted, these days you can get a fast mount earlier than ever before, but still. It was a reward for referring 5 people. It should still be there for those who have.

It is a reward for 1 person.

I decided to start a new character to check out the new intros, yet the mount isn't going its normal 110% speed (as stated in the tooltip and what was used as a selling feature for it). It seems to be going 90% like the other mounts now

Agreed. I'm hoping it's fixed soon.

While it was listed as changed quite a while ago, I don't think it actually was. Hence, this could has simply been a clean up to "working as intended". For several major patches now I see the studio progressively doing things to harmonize and streamline how everything works in game.

Honestly, I never use the mount anymore. There are so many more enjoyable mounts to choose from AND we have so many quick travel options, from level 1 onward. Besides the difference in speed between 90% and 110% is really not that significant (which is a whole other discussion topic).

The 110% speed at level 1 was a great incentive to promote referrals back in the early days of the game, but now days... not so much... precisely because we have so many quick travel options in game now.

Edited by Andryah

Here's a video showing why it's broken.

And to the posts about how this speeder needs to be nerfed: http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8104426&postcount=25

This speeder is a recruit a friend speeder and was intended to be 110% with high resistance to knock-off as a incentive.

The speeder is broken right now.

Edited by Aderes
clarification

It was changed long ago in 3.2 to adaptive. A quick forum search told me so. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=803442&highlight=Kurtob+Alliance+speeder

And reading the post shows a quote from Tait (if you had read it through): http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8104426&postcount=25

This speeder is a recruit a friend speeder and was intended to be 110% with high resistance to knock-off as a incentive.

Except, the Kurtob Alliance was not actually changed, every other non-adaptive speeder was, such as the Avalanche Heavy Tank and those floating Czerka lawnmower things from the planetary speeder vendors. Even this moment, the tooltip for the Alliance states: "...increasing movement speed to 110% regardless of the rank of your Speeder Piloting skill..." Plus it was working as written 4 days ago when I made a new vanguard. This is either a nerf, or more likely, a really odd bug.

LOL so I'm not the only person who thinks the Czerka speeder looks like a lawnmower?

It is actually going sprint level, but just for low level characters

It was changed long ago in 3.2 to adaptive. A quick forum search told me so. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=803442&highlight=Kurtob+Alliance+speeder

here was taits reply

[quote= Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post

Well I have great news, Woodcan! We're not going to be changing the Kurtob Alliance Speeder, so it will retain its 110% movement speed.

The reversion of the change won't be present in the update today, but it will be made by the time 3.2 goes live.][/quote]