Maintenance: May 2nd, 2017

EricMusco

This thread right here?

Exactly why Bioware shuts down the forums while servers are being patched.

No chill in yall's game. You're out literally 50c. If the servers are still down tomorrow, you're out a dollar. Like, get over it.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All these Rants, it's kind of funny actually. All this over a Game. What if, now imagine this and tell me how you would react, or even do?

Bioware calls it quits, closes their doors, no warning, the servers are down for good. What would you do?

That is an asinine comparison. This isn't a game that is shutting down. Thats simple for the players, we have all probably moved on from much beloved games at some point (SWG for me). This is frustration over a purchased product not being available. Those are two totally different circumstances.

For the record, I understand s*** happens. I get it. I would be lying if I said I wasn't frustrated however, this is one of the few days I had to play for more than an hour or so.

Oh well me and my 3yr old had fun washing cars and jumping on the trampoline lol.

You actually pay for updates and downtime as well. You agreed to it when you signed up to play the game. It seems many people actually forget this part of it.

This has gone waaaaaay past expected updates and downtimes. So no, I didnt forget this part of it.

I mean, seriously, is anyone really surprised by this?

I always have a good chuckle when people start screaming for compensation, especially at this point in the games "development". At this point for me im more entertained by the comedy of errors this game is on a regular basis, than I am by the actual game content.

Im just happy to log in now and then, smoke a bowl (legal where I live) and live in the Star Wars universe for a couple hours. Its a good think my expectations are low or this might almost be irritating. :p

My kind of dude :cool::D Same here xD

Just because we agreed to it doesn't mean we have to like it.

So you voluntarily pay for and agree to something you don't like? And then are willing to let others know that you pay for and agree to something you don't like. /boggle

Edited by olagatonjedi

To Kieth:

Thank You for giving us a tidbit of details on whats going on its always better then having Erics "No ETA" makes us think you guys are working even harder to solve the problem and it gives all of us a scope at how big the problem can be and for those of us who understand the language see why it can take so long to solve.

To Players asking for compensation:

So do you want $0.50 back? that's about how much 1 day of subscription costs. I mean hey I don't mind freebies but still keep in mind its about 50 cents for 24 hours of subscription (USD) don't expect much if anything (though i would love a nice weekend 50% off collections global unlock to throw that into the fray because why not).

Isn't it great how this event brings the community together? A lot of players talking to each other for the first time, exchanging their views. This is what online gaming is about - caring and sharing. I hope we will have another opportunity soon. For now, let's see how many pages this thread can get. Make maintenance threads great again!

I am one with the force and the force is with me I am one with the force and the force is with me I am one with the force and the force is with me I am one with the force and the force is with me I am one with the force and the force is with me I am one with the force and the force is with me I am one with the force and the force is with me I am one with the force and the force is with me I am one with the force and the force is with me I am one with the force and the force is with me I am one with the force and the force is with me I am one with the force and the force is with me I am one with the force and the force is with me

I sincerely apologize for all the delays today. I've already had discussions with all the teams involved and it remains my personal goal to have any SWTOR maintenance complete early; not be delayed like what happened today.

---Keith

We're going to hold you to that one Keith......

If you fail.... get ready for the fire storm that will follow....

Thanks! My preferred wording is "The strength of your conviction should be proportional to the depth of your understanding."

...but i had no faith that the original poster would comprehend :D:D

Even better, I'm stealing em!

I'm just thinking that there has to be a better way to pad the timing for updates like this. The European market shouldn't be down and entire Prime Time day of gaming. I know there are people all over the world playing at all different times; I for example work nights, so my normal playtime is 3am - 8 am CST, but there has to be a way to more appropriately insert server downtime to reduce overall lost play time.

Of course, that being said, I know Sith does happen sometimes...it just kinda stinks.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey folks,

We are still in the late stages of checking everything on the servers and working through any hiccups. Still no ETA, but we are getting closer!

-eric

"We are getting closer!"

Great to hear... But what are you guys going through? Like... anything besides "hiccups"?

Cheers

Hey folks,

We are still in the late stages of checking everything on the servers and working through any hiccups. Still no ETA, but we are getting closer!

-eric

If you haven't got an ETA how do you have any idea if you are getting closer or not?

All The Best

To Kieth:

So do you want $0.50 back? that's about how much 1 day of subscription costs.

Yes.

Not only is it money I'm paying for a service I'm not receiving (or at least that's the case for the Euro players - whether we East Coasters get to play today is still in the air), but it would be an indication from Bioware that they take this matter seriously, take their customers seriously, and have respect for their customers' time and loyalty.

This has to be the worst data center fail in the history of gaming. I never seen such a long outage in my entire gaming history. This is utterly the most pathetic and useless data center in existence.

Erm... I've seen longer outages, across several games, over the years.

So I guess maybe your gaming history isn't that long, or not covering as many games, or you've recently run a gaming history cleaner program :cool:

But all joking aside, and despite that there have been plenty of bigger outages between SWTOR and other games over the years, generally I agree on principle that the companies behind the games should invest in something better than the type of servers that one might be able to dumpster-dive for in an alley behind walmart.

There are some companies which do it right, but let's face it, if a company thinks they can squeeze an extra buck of bottom-line out of using tin cans and strings instead of something that actually connects to the internet, then they'll be running with the tin cans - and often blame it on the customers' PC's that their product isn't functioning properly.

people losing their cool here is hilarious

you haven't been waiting since 9:00 am PST...... I have patience, but the big thing here that sucks, is this isn't a job. its for fun, but we're all sitting around twiddling our thumbs cause we think maybe the next 5 minutes it will start.

worst is..... most likely bioware wont give anything more than a "thanks for waiting" and we know it.

Well atleast we are getting somewhere, hoping it will be up and running soon. Want to get my daily fix in and it's currently 11:38 p.m here but thankfully I'm not starting work until 12 p.m tomorrow and who needs sleep right?