Ok call me a noob or what ever but i need help

Morteficare

Its all about my jugg.

First i need help on how to handle to be focused in solo ranked. My problem is that i run through all my deff coldowns and still they eat me in a few sec and all i get out is blown coldowns and a damage =0.

So some tips and tricks would be nice. I run as a vengeance.

My second hardest in pvp is to fight a sniper/slinger. I cant charge becous of hunkerdown or what its caled.

their burning circel are a pain and when i finaly get in range they just puch me away and then if i manage to get back they just roll away.

Im wery frustrated right now in pvp. If im not focused in the start i often standing in the end whit a well done jobb done.

I dont gona rolle a sniper or merc im here to playe whit a lightsable.

First of all getting focused is hard for anyplayer and any class. Even when you focus a "godly Merc" now you can take him down pretty fast.

What the people do (that play jugg) is either skank tank in order to just survive or they kite like crazy. I personnaly seen a few kitting juggs and they did a great job, since while chasing him the other players killed us, if we dont chase him, he comes back and dpses and then the group does not swap that fast etc.

So yeah, apply slows, cc and kite.

Don't pop you all dcd at the same time. I usually use first Saber ward alongside with both stims, and after that Enure with Focused defense. In 95% of arenas you are, as you know, under focus of all damagers so when they open you use Blade blitz in a good direction that can help you hide in line of sight and run with using freezing form. Also use reflect wisely... don't pop it just like that. If you see mercs/snipers casting their big shoots - use it.

Also try to leap (if you are able to do that) enemies as much as you can, vigi guardians has after leap stunn immunity and a little bit dmg reduction, also leap your friends too for better escaping.

If you are succesfull in escaping and they switch their focus, you have to rush into fight and do as much dmg as you can do then again run, because they'll change focus to you again.

DPS Guardians in yolo are now just punching bags... sadly you require decent teammates for win to achieve. If the teammates are bad with their classes you lost already.

But on the other hand... if you play with healers in yolo, you can do very big mess, otherwise just run :X

Part of it may be that you're a "noob", but the bigger issue is that DPS jugg just isnt in a very good place right now.

For solo ranked, I'd suggest spec'ing tank or rerolling a merc/sniper/mara. Those three classes absolutely dominate the meta right now.

As far as fighting snipers 1v1 as a jugg dps? If hes good, you're ****ed. Its really that simple. I win a lot of 1v1's versus snipers, but its due to their incompetence not anything I did right.

Marauders, snipers, and mercenaries are simply better than dps jugg in every conceivable fashion as it currently stands.

If you'd like some basic pointers on gearing/rotation/strategy as a veng jugg, hit me up on Janglor on The Harb.

Edited by Janglor

someone posted above to not burn all your cd's at once. good advice. anticipate damage, kite and los, obvious but good.

there's a pt on harbinger that just sits in his zone until the last possible second, knowing the other team will want to focus him. so if the other team doesn't adapt they lose so much health before they can even hit the pt. that might work for you.

don't expect to last too long, but if you can anticipate that focus and adapt to team dynamics you can still get results without rerolling or forever tanking.

there's a pt on harbinger that just sits in his zone until the last possible second, knowing the other team will want to focus him. so if the other team doesn't adapt they lose so much health before they can even hit the pt. that might work for you.

Yes this is exactly what i tell the team. When we see a jugg we focus him BUT we also check what he does first round, we check his HP if he isnt a skank tank, we observe if he kites, runs etc, based on that we adapt 2nd, maybe 3rd round, its very important what the team decides to do. If you plan to "kill the jugg" and he hides people panic, get attacked, then dont focus and lose, so as a jugg you can influence the outcome of the match.

jugg dps is just terrible in ranked

^^^ this is the sort of mentality you need to bring to solos on certain classes

Edited by yellow_

I think all of this is good advice. I would also recommend studying up on other classes' abilities and rotations. Even play them so you get a feel for what their highest hitting moves are. This way you know when to take it to the face and when to run away or LoS. Yes, you die a lot now. But dying is a way of learning how to avoid that situation in the future. Whenever I die I sit there and ask how i screwed up and try and think of what I should have done differently in the first place. Do not get discouraged, the fact that you are willing to ask for help shows that you are above most of the morons who PvP.

due to juggs current Position in pvp it is usually the case that People will Focus you first: your Job is to make the best out of this Knowledge...

1st always stay behind your Group at the start of a match: enemies will still want to attack you first, so they run to 3 People attacking them without really paying Attention... a decent Advantage that can be exploited with cc Management

2nd don't use your guard right away... you cant efford the damage since you will very likely be focused... start off tanking with taunts and leap..... guard only when the enemy really doesnt Focus you...

3rd try to not to do too much damage to one target... Focus on dot spread and swap Targets to confuse the tank and heal... fi you stay on a target too Long you will pull aggro - comparable to pve

4th is only a Little trick with juggs i can give you... you may already know it but always Combine the warzone med pack with endure pain to get the most out of it..

but you will most likely have a hard time as veng jugg in ranked.... and id really suggst you to go rage if you want to do pvp

Its all about my jugg.

First i need help on how to handle to be focused in solo ranked. My problem is that i run through all my deff coldowns and still they eat me in a few sec and all i get out is blown coldowns and a damage =0.

My second hardest in pvp is to fight a sniper/slinger. I cant charge becous of hunkerdown or what its caled.

their burning circel are a pain and when i finaly get in range they just puch me away and then if i manage to get back they just roll away.

Im wery frustrated right now in pvp. If im not focused in the start i often standing in the end whit a well done jobb done.

You really shouldn't tell people to call you a noob. It's not a very nice word.

But, I'm nothing if not a gentleman....

You're a noob.

Welcome to melee-land =]

P.S. - You shouldn't roll a sniper or a merc, that will just make it difficult for you to determine which character is yours.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

I try to use saber reflect as soon as possible when the opportunity arises. I also take the utility for 5 seconds of reflect. Main reason is obvious, it reflects for 5 whole seconds and mercs and other classes can eat a lot of damage if you time it right. The other reason I use it as a jugg, unless your team is useless will easily survive a minute allowing saber reflect to be up once more.

Its all about my jugg.

You are not a noob.

Your main problem is your class at the moment. Juggernaut is one of the worst classes you can pick for solo ranked now. Your defenses suck.. your self heals are a joke and you just first to die, because ppl know this and they focus juggs first.

The other bad class for solo is DPS Powertech. these two are always number 1 on to kill list. and let's face it, in ranked.. if you get focused, u end up dead eventually especially on jugg which has no stealth out options like mara or sin.

The only viable way to make yourself survive longer is going tank with DPS gear as the majoirity of jugg tanks are.

... or you hope that your team is good enough.

Edited by DavidAtkinson

Practice maked perfect. If you also do regs, or have a few guildmates, you can practice your 1v1 and 1v2 and 3s with them. If you have voice comms all the better coz they can telegraph to you their big hits and offensive CDs, so you can learn the animations and sounds associated with them in the comfort of your own little duelling space.

It's also on your team not to focus solely on attacking, they need to use their CDs to buff the team and mitigate damage as well, including Peeling and LoS and tempting the enemy to over-extend. If you're in a big guild or group of friends you can practice that somewhere quiet too.

If I think I'm gonna be main target, I tend to hang back and let the tanks take the first hits, blow some of the mitigation CDs when this is about to happen, rather than simply DPS-ing form the get go, missing any shield switch or focus switch- which in ranked can mean the difference between success and failure.....

GL keep trying. Ranked isn't that scary, but it will punish any little mistakes, unless your opponents are complete idiots...:)

Im not that fast out any more and it helps alot if their isent 2-3 stealth on oposit team.

Im in that moment now that good players eat me fast and bad and average players are almost easy now. My ger is beter and it helps.

I dont know why but i totaly missed to use mad dash and now its wery helpful.

kiting is your friend as a focus toon in ranked. your getting focused? use it, utility spec mass speed and movement cleanse and just run around like a headless chickn, let your mates pick off the players while they waste five minutes trying to "easy kill"

I main assassin, and let me tell you, if there aint a jugg or a pt to kill, I'm going to get smacked by the ranked 4v1 fist. but if you learn the kite game, ppl learn not to focus you.

Edited by Seterade