Gear drops in master operations

Upon clearing some bosses in master mode operations today we found that the gear they were dropping was not matching the loot table, leading us to believe that the gear is random due to 246 not being available as token drops. In the case of Nefra master mode (was a test for the loot), a 246 critical implant dropped. This was instantly useless to the tanks.

We also heard that they can drop 244 gear (which is technically worse that 242). Is this intentional? If so, why? Currently this makes veteran mode operations far better for gearing unless you can clear the last bosses in master mode (which currently my raid group is unable to do as we are progressing). It feels like the players doing top tier operations are being punished because of this, it is almost as bad as the previous "chance at a gear drop".

Obviously you don't want people gearing too quickly however those doing top tier content should be rewarded for this. A good fix would be either dropping 242 tokens and the 246 random gear, or just simply giving us a set loot table for 248 gear guaranteed on each boss.

As a side note, glad loot is back to normal for the other difficulty modes and enjoying Tyth.

244 Armoring and enhancements are the same as 242 Armoring and enchantments stat wise 244 mod are technically the same as 242 mods IF there was 242 mods of the 244 mods which there isnt.. Edited by Kyuuu

Yesterday I already asked myself, where the 246-vendors are. Here's the answer.

So, no real planable Loot from Master Mode, except from last bosses. We have more or less to do Veteran to gear up new Raid members. Seems more like a stealth nerf to Master Mode drops. Luckily we are able to beat 3/5 MM endbosses on a regular basis, but getting up new members and/or old members, who are not as active as others becomes a pain.

Did anyone already made experiences with set-bonus gear? Is it based on the classes, you take with you in your team? Than it would be at least a bit controlable. We have two shadows, some mandos and two sage heals, we have to after-equip. And it should be possible, to form up a raid only with dps-mandos, shadow-tanks and sage-heals to farm the first bosses, so no piece should be wasted.

it is almost as bad as the previous "chance at a gear drop".

It is even worse. Before 5.2, we were able to obtain every piece of top gear through random drops (which were very friutful to us) - currently Main-/Offhand, head, chest, bracers and belt are only obtainable through Crates and PvP. We can at least look for left side through Tyth, Dread Masters and Kephess. Whoever ist able to farm TFB, Brontes or Styrak can go for legs, boots and gloves. However, they, who can farm these bosses shouldn't really be in need of better gear. :D

Edited by Exocor

244 Armoring and enhancements are the same as 242 Armoring and enchantments stat wise 244 mod are technically the same as 242 mods IF there was 242 mods of the 244 mods which there isnt..

But the thing is you get 242 (which you say is 244 equivalent) by doing HM EV :)

Was bored so we did Master DP and Master DF today.

Group comp for DP was:

Tanks - PT/PT

Heals - Sorc/Op

DPS - Mara/PT/Merc/Sniper

DP Loot Drops were:

Bestia - 246 Purple Sin Tank Bracers

Tyrans - 246 Purple Sniper Gloves

Calphyus - 244 Blue (Orange Shell) PT Dps Pants

Raptus - 244 Blue (Orange Shell) Sin Tank MainHand

Council - 248 Gold Ear UNASSEMBLED Token x2

Group comp for DF was:

Tanks - Sin/Sin

Heals - Sorc/Op

DPS - Mara/PT/PT/Merc

DF Loot Drops were:

Nefra - 244 Blue (Orange Shell) Jug Tank Belt

Draxus - 246 Purple Jugg Tank Head

Grobby - 246 Purple PT Tank Boots

CZero - 246 Purple Op DPS Pants

Brontes - 248 Gold Gloves UNASSEMBLED Token x2

Did DF Again

Tanks - Sin/PT

Heals - Merc/Sorc

DPS - Mara/Merc/Sniper/Sniper

Nefra - 246 Purple PT Tank Bracers

Draxus - 246 Purple Mara OffHand

Grobby - 244 Blue (Orange Shell) PT Tank Belt

CZero - 246 Purple Sorc/Sin DPS/Healer OffHand

It seems better than the nothing we were getting before, but to put RNG Assembled items on bosses seems to be too high on the "Thrill of the Hunt" scale...... Wonder what kinda random relics we gonna get...

Edited by SupaHsuB

I believe the point for bringing gear back to ops (aside from it being a terrible idea of removing it in the first place) was to allow for people to target specific gear drops. Master mode is currently the only place this isn't possible, unless you're clearing the last bosses (although some items are still unobtainable through this).

They should have just made it drop the UA tokens instead that are 248 problem solved -_- allas BW continues to find away to screw up raiders

Yup, best I can think is that BW didn't want people to farm Nefra and get everyone in their group 248 bracers, but seriously, I don't think anyone would be that upset if everyone had 248 bracers (or even if everyone had 248 mods from running it 70 times per group).

Yup, best I can think is that BW didn't want people to farm Nefra and get everyone in their group 248 bracers, but seriously, I don't think anyone would be that upset if everyone had 248 bracers (or even if everyone had 248 mods from running it 70 times per group).

They could have just made nefra enrage faster rather than making all nim drops weird

They could have just made nefra enrage faster rather than making all nim drops weird

3 minutes 10 seconds would put the raid wide check at ~37,000 DPS which would put it on par with being at least an entry level NiM boss. Not sure why this boss is still tuned wrong. Although now that we have another tier of gear, simply adjusting that to 3 minutes flat would put it at ~39,000 DPS and would be sufficient IMO for a beginner NiM boss in 5.2. (Though this is just my opinion, others are gladly welcomed.)

But the thing is you get 242 (which you say is 244 equivalent) by doing HM EV :)

and? 242 parts cant be re neither can 244 and repairing 244 cost less then 242 by long shot

And 242 are EQUAL to 244 blue Armoring/Mod/Enhancements STAT WISE, 244 implants/ears are not atlest (power wise) 244 relics are also better then 242 relics "proc" stat wise on top of that.

Edited by Kyuuu

Added another Run's loot table to my post,

Did DF Again to confirm Brontes's Drop.

Tanks - Sin/PT

Heals - Merc/Sorc

DPS - Mara/Merc/Sniper/Sniper

Nefra - 246 Purple PT Tank Bracers

Draxus - 246 Purple Mara OffHand

Grobby - 244 Blue (Orange Shell) PT Tank Belt

CZero - 246 Purple Sorc/Sin DPS/Healer OffHand

At the rate this is going, it seems like there isnt a complete 248 loot table at the moment.

No place to get Head/Chest/Belt/Bracers/OH or MH....

Edited by SupaHsuB

Honestly, predetermined specific pieces of loot dropping from bosses might as well mean they drop nothing at all.

There is absolutely no point in doing Nightmare ops for gear if you had BiS in the previous system.

Back to the boxgearing only system. Whoop dee doo.

Purple is borderline, but NiM dropping blue gear is ridiculous IMO.

Seriously, who cares what colour the gear has? It could be white or even grey for all I care if it has good stats. As people pointed out, blue 244 is the same as gold 242. So who cares about colour?

At the rate this is going, it seems like there isnt a complete 248 loot table at the moment.

No place to get Head/Chest/Belt/Bracers/OH or MH....

I suppose thats due to not all bosses being available in "Gods of the Machine"

Seriously, who cares what colour the gear has? It could be white or even grey for all I care if it has good stats. As people pointed out, blue 244 is the same as gold 242. So who cares about colour?

NiM bosses should be dropping better loot than HM bosses. 244 is actually worse since it has a non-optimized mod and can't be upgraded to 248 with components.

Edited by Eli_Porter

NiM bosses should be dropping better loot than HM bosses. 244 is actually worse since it has a non-optimized mod and can't be upgraded to 248 with components.

Yup, true the mod is crap and you really can do EV/KP HM for 242s upgradeable to 248, thats just silly!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.