Shadow lands Population!

GameByteGamer

We're not supposed to point at the specific sites as its considered datamining and that's a nono around here but have you considered google'ing 'swtor server population' and see what um websites come up?

And looking at the pretty graphs when you get there?

And comparing them?

:;

Edited by dr_mike

• 3 weeks later...
Shadowlands doesn't have the kind of population that Harbinger does obviously, but it's one of the more populated servers other wise.

Um, not any more.....

edit: I was on fleet last night. First time ever I didn;t have to tab out of fleet chat. I was amazed.

Edited by dr_mike

I like shadowlands i dont under stand why anyone would leave it for harbinger it seems so laggy and full with login ques were yeah shadowlands has a higher pop in pve then pvp its mostly because of the drama that follows with pvp should just change the name to drama vs drama you lose a match you some hardcore junking trashing on his team

The Server population is great for anything thats why I like it here :3

I liked Shadowlands as well, and I'm convinced it's definitely one of the friendliest communities in the game, but I definitely was experiencing severe drops in population if active qualifying accounts are any indication. From 3/15 to 4/15, we lost 55 accounts on imp side alone. They didn't quit the guild, they walked away from the game. No amount of recruiting can make up for that, so I moved our guild (32 accounts followed me) to Ebon Hawk.

Site: http://tiop-ed.swtorhost.com/

EH Notification: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=921401

Edited by xordevoreaux

Shadowlands has the best PVP matches of all the east coast servers. It doesn't insta pop like Harbinger, but there are often good players on both sides.

Harbinger has too many that just want to number farm, or are outright unfriendly.

On the PVE side, pubside is nearly dead if you like to pug like I do. Impside is on life support.

There are some conquest guilds that put lots of folks into content for conquest points, but never work on their abilities. These are sorta guaranteed lose in GSF/PVP if they are on your team in numbers; and the since folks tend to not listen to non guild mates the situation is not very correctable.

If Imp, Shadowlands is a good server, if pub, it can be painful of late.

I would say Imp side population is 2X+ pubside, it didn't use to be this way.

Shadowlands feels like it has the closest faction balance in GSF. Although it used to be pub dominated, which was unique.

Edited by ThrakhathSpawn

Shadowlands has the best PVP matches of all the east coast servers. It doesn't insta pop like Harbinger, but there are often good players on both sides.

I'm currently lvl 68 and the PvP pops I've been experiencing are about 20 mins and it will not pop at all after 11pm ET.

Does this get any better when you hit 70?

I'm currently lvl 68 and the PvP pops I've been experiencing are about 20 mins and it will not pop at all after 11pm ET.

70's pop regularly with generally less wait time. They also continue after 11pm.

I play almost everyday at very different hours, 70s pops constantly on imp between 8:45 am (first pop) and 2:30 am (last pop) Can go to 3:30 am on weekends. For pubs its same end time but much later start time maybe 11:30 am. Pré 70 pvp is rare since they removed coms. But 70s is great.

Hello there! just looking at the population for shadowlands.

How does it fair to servers such as harbinger or The Red eclipse? does anyone know?

SL has more bads in pvp. The pubs are only there to farm cxp. JC has about the same population but better pvpers and the queue pops constantly at night.

I just resubbed since Keith and his team are making the changes to the gearing. We left for another game when Ben and Tait made everything RNG. As those that left find out they can run OPS to get gear again, I would say that the population will recover on SL. It is definitely one of the better PVE servers IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
I liked Shadowlands as well, and I'm convinced it's definitely one of the friendliest communities in the game, but I definitely was experiencing severe drops in population if active qualifying accounts are any indication. From 3/15 to 4/15, we lost 55 accounts on imp side alone. They didn't quit the guild, they walked away from the game. No amount of recruiting can make up for that, so I moved our guild (32 accounts followed me) to Ebon Hawk.

Site: http://tiop-ed.swtorhost.com/

EH Notification: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=921401

Had the same thing happen in my guilds, walk offs. Mine come back at the beginning of each expansion. Had a couple walk offs with 4.0. Then 5.0 it was rampant. A lot of them hate the new gearing system as well as the planets. (I think some were disappointed that it didn't integrate KOTOR's feel enough, for ex. with the planets; still no Dantooine. I can't believe still no white-silver or true veridian color crystals.) Have 2 Beta guilds and the newer expansions just aren't impressing veteran players to log in. Hopefully, 6.0 will make them stay.

I agree, Shadowlands has a great community, but it's the game content that leaves much to be desired.

Edited by Willjb