Legacy Surname change option

Xelosu

I would like to request a feature that will allow you to change your Legacy surname.

I feel it is not well explained in the game what this Legacy surname represents.

Not to mention people that simply misspelled.

I don't think this is top priority, but would be nice to know that this feature will be available after more Legacy stuff shows up in game.

Regards,

Xelosu

The replies i got from customer support is that i`l be able to change it when a name change system is in order.

In other words, when we have to pay 10-15-20 bucks.

I contacted the customer support 10 minutes after filling in my Legacy name, but the game did not keep the formatting i filled in, and its not showing you "your name will look like this, continue?".

So now my legacy name is hidden.. yay

i hate to be a jerk about it. but since the game was made in NA.. and in NA surname means lastname ( no i am not trying to say everyone in the world should know that) it kinda makes sense to use the term surname. I suppose a bit more of an explanation should be in order. Personally I think a free legacy rename like the respec would be a decent thing to have but ya know. if people want it bad enough they will pay for it i guess

• 2 weeks later...
I didnt realise the name would show up on your character. I would look stupid with 2 words the same above my head. Yes I want the option to change it.

you have it, ESC > preferences > Social > Legacy there you can change if its in your name above or hide and hide the legacy bar

I made a mistake in mine and didn't realize until after I had it on me... I understand that you can reroll a character for first names, but I don't want to buy a new account to fix something that's permanent and account-wide

There are just as many mistakes made when ppl create characters in the first place I've seen some weird names running around :D But then I've no objection to a name changing service legacy or otherwise providing it's a paid for service. I don't think stupidity or carelesness should come out of the game budget. Edited by Snowred

I made a mistake in mine and didn't realize until after I had it on me... I understand that you can reroll a character for first names, but I don't want to buy a new account to fix something that's permanent and account-wide

To clarify it's only server wide not account wide

an example of a mess up by me :)

"Akaan kyan" sounds good but i didnt relise it was for alts too.

soooo

Akyan kyan

Arkyan kyan

Hykayn kyan

you see my problem :p

I have it hidden nw so no major issue but would be nice to be able to change it some day :)

Edited by peaceandpassion

I would love this. It ignores your formatting, doesn't display for confirmation so that you can see those changes and isn't explained sufficiently in-game.

For something that they are giving such in-game mechanical importance and effect ... we should be able to correct our/their mistakes. Preferably without having to pay additional fines.

I think it's hilarious that people jumped into the situation without thinking and now want it changed, your fault not biowares.

What part of "the game client ignores our formatting" is our fault? Did I suddenly become a EA/Bioware game dev and no one told me? :eek:

I would like to request a feature that will allow you to change your Legacy surname.

I feel it is not well explained in the game what this Legacy surname represents.

Not to mention people that simply misspelled.

I don't think this is top priority, but would be nice to know that this feature will be available after more Legacy stuff shows up in game.

Regards,

Xelosu

According to a lot of ticket responses on this vbery subject, they are looking at putting this option in in the future.

I think it's hilarious that people jumped into the situation without thinking and now want it changed, your fault not biowares.

Well, to be fair there are two things you failed to account for.

1. The Legacy Name box was very 'In Your Face' if you did not choose immediately.
  2. If you put in accented characters, they were simply stripped out when you pressed OK.