Where are our players

Docthebutcher

I apologize for making a post. Lately i been told I have no rights to post anyplace.

Recently loss of my wife has destroy my brain My guild has been great supporting me.

Wait this isnt about that...that post got deleted because I spoke of my wife dying OPPS.

Sorry for the post ...just a 1+1 observation I was wrong..

I wont make another...seems I have n freedom to post anyplace..

Len 3, 7, 9,11,13, 33, 39 cant forget 666

Edited by Docthebutcher
Not allowed to make a Observation NO freedom here

IN the last few weeks Our player numbers seem to have really dropped off.

Yep DOOM and GLOOM...my life is doom and gloom these days.

The numbers are very noticeable LOW...

Doing H2s last night at 8pmest most planets a month ago had double the players had 20ish

DK 40-50 Alderaan 20ish Balmoora 20-30 a month ago it was easily double

I seen our numbers drop in the past and they really never came back but this is crazy low.

I know I know

We have MILLIONS of people playing why would James or EA fudge ahem lie

They must be unable to been seen

Len

There is absolutely a huge decline in players during the recent weeks. Even the swtor reddit sub has had sharp decrease in views/activity. On my server there use to be at least 100 people on the fleet during off peak times, now there usually about 30-40ish. If the devs don't get their heads out of their asses and do something, there won't be a game left for them to screw up.

There is absolutely a huge decline in players during the recent weeks. Even the swtor reddit sub has had sharp decrease in views/activity. On my server there use to be at least 100 people on the fleet during off peak times, now there usually about 30-40ish. If the devs don't get their heads out of their asses and do something, there won't be a game left for them to screw up.

Mass effect. Give it time. Numbers will rise a bit with 5.2

Mass effect. Give it time. Numbers will rise a bit with 5.2

From what I've read ME has bombed, so much so that it's already generating memes, and I still don't see any players yet.

Edited by Darkside

From what I've read ME has bombed, so much so that it's already generating memes, and I still don't see any players yet.

I don't know how many people are actively playing ME:A, but I can say that a RL buddy of mine bought it and almost immediately stopped playing due to issues such as jacked up facial animations in character dialogues. He said he's waiting for some type of fix to download... I told him to hold his breath. :rolleyes: Funny thing is, he's actually a BW, SW and MMORPG fan, but I lost him as a potential friend to play with in game while explaining to him how Galactic Command works and how it fully replaced a traditional token-based system. Well, I should say BW lost him - I was just the messenger. :cool:

In regards to "millions" playing... while I obviously don't have access to the the real numbers, I still feel comfortable in saying that "millions" is a crock of ****. Even though this vid was from 2016 before GC relieved many players of their subscriptions, I still don't know how they could have boasted "millions" when it was possible for me to be the only person on an entire planet in game. I also believe places like this forum and reddit would be much more active if BW was legitimately boasting "millions." Even being here for beta and launch, I never got the impression that "millions" were playing SWTOR at that time, I didn't feel it when I came back to play again in 2016, and I certainly don't feel it today.

I don't know how many people are actively playing ME:A, but I can say that a RL buddy of mine bought it and almost immediately stopped playing due to issues such as jacked up facial animations in character dialogues. He said he's waiting for some type of fix to download... I told him to hold his breath. :rolleyes: Funny thing is, he's actually a BW, SW and MMORPG fan, but I lost him as a potential friend to play with in game while explaining to him how Galactic Command works and how it fully replaced a traditional token-based system. Well, I should say BW lost him - I was just the messenger. :cool:

In regards to "millions" playing... while I obviously don't have access to the the real numbers, I still feel comfortable in saying that "millions" is a crock of ****. Even though this vid was from 2016 before GC relieved many players of their subscriptions, I still don't know how they could have boasted "millions" when it was possible for me to be the only person on an entire planet in game. I also believe places like this forum and reddit would be much more active if BW was legitimately boasting "millions." Even being here for beta and launch, I never got the impression that "millions" were playing SWTOR at that time, I didn't feel it when I came back to play again in 2016, and I certainly don't feel it today.

Didn't they hit peak right at launch of little over a million subs, and then it all started to tank hard down to few hundred thousand? Which then prompted the f2p change, and has since been steadily declining which also caused the creation of the CM.

Edited by Darkside

Bombed is sugar coating it. That game is getting raked over the coals for it's faulty animation, emo style writing, glitches du jour, racism, & more! Never have I seen game reviewers go through the staff that created a game just to find out why it's so incredibly bad.

By keeping so many servers isolating the population of players any significant dip in population numbers are magnified. If there were but 2 North American Servers and 2 European servers that 'empty feeling' wouldn't feel as extreme. While it's fun to pay a visit to the lower populations to catch up with my old guilds that chug away with 6 peeps on at prime time I mainly focus on my toons on Harbinger. That is not to say Harbinger hasn't seen a dip in the last several months.

Didn't they hit peak right at launch of little over a million subs, and then it all started to tank hard down to few hundred thousand? Which then prompted the f2p change, and has since been steadily declining which also caused the creation of the CM.

I'm really not sure. At launch, I was just playing in game and not watching forums, MMO/SWTOR news or any other communications regarding the game before I unsubscribed. I asked the husb, who's been around since beta as well (who didn't quit for a couple of years like I did,) and he says he really can't remember what the peak population was and when it happened either. However... I am comfortable that I do know what playing a game with "millions" feels like, as I felt it playing WoW back in the mid-late 2000's and I felt it again in FFXIV after it was overhauled. I've never felt that kind of population weight in SWTOR... which is unfortunate. I want this game to succeed so badly, but the decisions that have been made really conflict with my understanding of logic and reason. :o

Thats about what pretty much happened.

As soon as everyone had EV and KP figured out, the pop was cut in half by just a handful of months. The ftp model and CM were a last ditch effort to replace the players.....and hey, why not be like all other games with a cash shop to lure folks back in...subbed or ftp...right?

Bw's sneaky plan worked. Players returned to glamor over all the new cool stuff....and those packs. Those packs were pretty nifty and dropped usable items for awhile. The ftp model brought folks in that would have never played.

It was good while it lasted.

I apologize for making a post. Lately i been told I have no rights to post anyplace.

Recently loss of my wife has destroy my brain My guild has been great supporting me.

Wait this isnt about that...that post got deleted because I spoke of my wife dying OPPS.

Sorry for the post ...just a 1+1 observation I was wrong..

I wont make another...seems I have n freedom to post anyplace..

Len 3, 7, 9,11,13, 33, 39 cant forget 666

I can just guess which people had an issue with that and felt the need to bring it to people's attention 🙄

But as you're thread title says. Where are our players.

They've left the game in droves over the 5.0 expansion. We were already bleeding players, but 5.0 made it a hemorrhage and not a slow bleed.

Edited by Icykill_

It hasn't bombed. It's still topping sales charts left and right, but it has to be said the sales are not as good as for example Mass Effect 3.

The game definitely has its flaws but it hasn't stopped me from playing over 60 hours in the last 10 days or so. In many ways it reminds me of the original Mass Effect game and a sense of exploration.

As a sidenote, yes there are issues but also ME:3 had a lot of controversy, particularly with the ending. I suppose that a controversial ending and the choice to not go on with Shepard in ME:A already would explain why it might sell less than its predecessors.

But I'm sure that a lot of SWTOR players would still have gone playing ME:A and with the issues SWTOR already has since 5.0, I think the combination of the two really is why SWTORs general population has paid a price.

While it has its faults I'm quite enjoying it, I split my gaming time between here and ME:A. I've never been one to listen to reviews, especially from youtubers, I remember back in the day idiots like "Angry" not so angry Joe flailing around about this game, I chose to ignore it and I'm still here.

I know my guild pretty much died on ME:A's release and its not recovered :( but I'm hoping some of them return with the next update.

As a sidenote, yes there are issues but also ME:3 had a lot of controversy, particularly with the ending. I suppose that a controversial ending and the choice to not go on with Shepard.

Well lets face it, it would be hard for them to continue on with Shepard considering the ending. On a side note I like the ending just a little reminder no matter how good you are sometimes the universe is going to slap you in the face.

Back to the topic I haven't noticed a drop but I do agree that the reason for a possible drop would be ME:A cause even if it's just an ok game most people will want to at least finish it once or twice. 5.2 will bring some people back.

Haven't noticed any decline in my guild or server (Shadowlands). Our server has been remarkably steady through all the challenges the game has thrown.

That's not quite true. Prior to 5.0 the fleet always had at least 100 people on during off peak hours. Now it's 30-60 on the imp side, and rep side is even worse. It does still pick up pretty good on the weekends, but just going by the fleet and planet populations there has been a major change since 5.0, as less players are logging in.

Edited by Darkside

That's not quite true. Prior to 5.0 the fleet always had at least 100 people on during off peak hours. Now it's 30-60 on the imp side, and rep side is even worse. It does still pick up pretty good on the weekends, but just going by the fleet and planet populations there has been a major change since 5.0, as less players are logging in.

Haven't cared about fleet populations in years as many things have driven them down that aren't related to # of people active on server. I just know I press the pvp button and get a pop in about 1 minute.

Edited by annabethchase

It hasn't bombed. It's still topping sales charts left and right, but it has to be said the sales are not as good as for example Mass Effect 3.

The game definitely has its flaws but it hasn't stopped me from playing over 60 hours in the last 10 days or so. In many ways it reminds me of the original Mass Effect game and a sense of exploration.

As a sidenote, yes there are issues but also ME:3 had a lot of controversy, particularly with the ending. I suppose that a controversial ending and the choice to not go on with Shepard in ME:A already would explain why it might sell less than its predecessors.

But I'm sure that a lot of SWTOR players would still have gone playing ME:A and with the issues SWTOR already has since 5.0, I think the combination of the two really is why SWTORs general population has paid a price.

This is crap. Go to r/masseffect (reddit) and read the first thread with over 5000 posts. Mostly negative reviews of the game.

I also played MEA and wasn't impressed. The combat is fun, the rest needs serious work. The story is like running through a soap opera. And your companions are very forgettable. The planets and space are beautiful, but the game itself (especially the UI) needs serious attention. I mean GameSpot, which is basically paid by EA for good reviews, game the game a 6 out of 10. Most review are between 5 and 7.

BW/EA messed up the ME franchise. Just like they messed up this one. Now we'll see if either can come back.

From the /swtor subreddit ... accurate and applicable:

It was between 2.0 and 3.0 that it all started going haywire. When the Cartel Market was added some avaricious ******e(s) up top decided it would become the game's focus instead of MMO game development.

During that period Director of Production Dallas Dickinson & Creative Director Daniel Erickson took exception to the CM trumping the game as the production priority and were replaced with yes men Charles Boyd and Ben Irving respectively as a result. 2.0 was in the bag and almost all of 3.0 was already coming out of alpha when they were walked, which is why 3.0 shipped with operations, flashpoints and open world planets. Soon after 3.0 was released Lead Operations and Flashpoint Developer George Smith was shipped off to BWC and the MMO content team was dismantled. We haven't had new MMO group content (full flashpoints, full operations and full open world planets like Makeb, Oricon, Rishi or Yavin 4 to explore) since, and is why those pesky Op and FP bugs have never been fixed.

The whole operation has been stripped so bare that BWA no longer has the resources to make it right. With what little experienced crew they have left, the brass decided to push the only thing they knew how to do: recycle advanced group content they were incapable of producing themselves, then take the familiar Cartel Market RNG crate concept and modify it to replace the progression and loot systems they could no longer maintain. Voilà! 4.0 gave us one size fits all level sync & bolstering with Alliance crates, followed up with 5.0 giving us Galactic Command with Command crates.

Then all hell broke loose with their player base in December. They've now wedged themselves between a rock and a hard place and are throwing hail Marys hoping for a miracle.

Edited by GalacticKegger

... When the Cartel Market was added some avaricious ******e(s) up top decided it would become the game's focus instead of MMO game development...

Hey, I love a good cartel market bashing as much as the next guy, but if that's the case then where is the good cartel market stuff? They have been remarkably restrained in what they've put in the cartel market. I fully expected there to be 10,000 coin BB-8 replicas rolling around by now. They are far from focused on the cartel market as they are leaving a ton of money on the table there by not bringing in the true money makers.

Hey, I love a good cartel market bashing as much as the next guy, but if that's the case then where is the good cartel market stuff? They have been remarkably restrained in what they've put in the cartel market. I fully expected there to be 10,000 coin BB-8 replicas rolling around by now. They are far from focused on the cartel market as they are leaving a ton of money on the table there by not bringing in the true money makers.

They're not getting any new product licences any more for the new movie(s). They don't want to associate any of the new Star Wars franchise with a game that's going to close in 2018.

Didn't hear it from me.

Edited by GuillimanT

Haven't cared about fleet populations in years as many things have driven them down that aren't related to # of people active on server. I just know I press the pvp button and get a pop in about 1 minute.

I sure know that whenever a Rakghoul even comes up, if I must loiter I do so in my stronghold.

I sure know that whenever a Rakghoul even comes up, if I must loiter I do so in my stronghold.

Yeah, that's probably where they all are lol...hiding in their stronghold because of the plague thing. Next week, we can blame that super fun Gree event...and then we can blame the thrill of Bounty Hunting on the lack of players...because it's easier to find excuses for it than it is to face reality.

Regardless of all the activities that have come and gone the fleets have remained pretty consistent. My earlier post describes what has been going on for months now. Also, pvp queue pops during peak times are not indicative of population health. Edited by Darkside

Because people are already not buying things from the cartel as much, which is now why you are seeing single rare items from packs being put up for sale. They are desperate. With the game failing overall, the devs are starting to see the impact on the cm. Sure they can throw a 10K coin bb8 up, but when there is no one left to buy it, what is the point.

Edited by Darkside