Any ideas for DvsL bosses? People are not doing them.

merovejec

Maybe its just me, but when im online in the evening and one side wins I try to make a group for DvsL bosses but no one seems interested in them.

There are even channels for this on TRE but no reply imp or rep side. I guess people are just not interested in this part of the game. How about making them more attractive? Or easier for a smaller group not the suggested 12man+ ??

People aren't doing DVL worldbosses for the same reason oeople don't do regular worldbosses. The reward is not worth the effort.

After the other side wins, you get a group together, figure out where it spawned, get everyone there, kill it, then you have a little token.

Ooooo, Ahhhhhh. Get enough tokens and you can trade them pets, mounts or legacy gear. Is there anyone that doesn't have more than enough of those?!!?!?!?!????

Effort v Reward = Not Worth It.

The Guild I am in on TRE hunts them with a passion.

Yeah, same here. Multiple runs per day and a whole group is always guaranteed - so people are doing them actually, and quite active by the way. Nice amount of cxp packs and for those who needs it - tokens and pretty achievement decos. So yeah, it's just you in this case.

Edited by Txornisx

Sorry but BiS/Unassembled gear wouldn't solve a problem/anything. As I know these bosses designed for 8+ players. Now imagine that 1 unassembled token would drop for that many players. Master loot and ninjaing all it would mean. more than 1 token? Same. BiS gear(242 atm), yeah no.

DvL bosses should drop BiS gear.

That'll get people to do 'em.

That would be too easy gearing. Dvl bosses are tricky, but not hard, can be killed easily in 4-5 minutes, and presuming it's possible to kill up to 9-10 bosses (7 average) during one win state.. The loot they are dropping now is completely appropriate.

You mean there's something in the game that's not for everyone? That's shocking! Unprecedented, even!

(Not everything in the game has to be all things to all people. As long as the rewards scale to difficulty and time spent, that's fine.)

Bioware introduced random bosses so groups would form. Probably to reinvent the group feeling outside FPs and OPs. But then the people I talked to do this in groups bigger than 16 people but only 16 people receive loot. If you can call it loot. I dont even see the need to punish groups with more than 16 people like this.

Also I had two groups on droomund kaas yesterday. We killed one boss, me as tank, and about 8 others. I died two times, most others died more than that. The second boss that spawned while we were moving to kill the worldboss was less inclined to die so he vanished.

Hardly motivation to do, barely rewarding and is punishing groups that are too big. And you find those bosses on planets where new players roam around and run into them before a group can form.

This is a really dumb feature.

Kind of a half baked idea that confuses me when I think about it too much. They're attackable to anyone, regardless of alignment or faction. And since you can be a light Imperial, for instance, it doesn't make sense for them to be attacking faction outposts or strongholds since they could be attacking their own faction. So, wth are they actually doing out in the wilderness? Just having some sort of conference that anyone can just come along and bust up? The alignment vs faction thing is what's screwing up any idea I get about grouping and porting.

I'd do it for achievements but that's it. Never seen a pug form though on Jedi Covenant and I'm not going to track them down and set one up myself. Also unlikely to be the 3rd person to join a pug and wait hours to get a full group.

Stuff like this should scale to group size q (assume 4 person min or so though) with better individual rewards for larger groups.

Edited by bdatt

Have to admit not done one. Probably not a shocker as I am a solo player. Still have done WB's before as both solo and in a group. Even if it was a 2+years ago.

The reward is not worth effort, well not to me. Not sure what BW could do to make me want to group to do one either. Still if BW do change the reward, I am open to the idea at least if it really is worth it

It honestly takes too long to find where the bosses randomly spawn, as a result of the random timing of the LS vs DS bar shifting, and then form a group and get everyone to go out there for the tiny rewards of some alignment tokens (which the game showers you with anyways and can only buy crap cosmetics with regardless) and a decoration (if you manage to kill every single boss AND if the achievements ever get completely unbroken).

And even if you're willing to go through all of that, then all it takes is ONE person to randomly go by, pull the boss (either accidentally or to troll) and then die, and then the boss DISAPPEARS and you've wasted all that time for nothing. I think that's the biggest misstep with the alignment world bosses, that you're only allowed one pull and then it's done.

Edited by AscendingSky

I'm afraid given Bioware's current mindset, the only 'solution' they'd be likely to implement would be "when boss pops, X number of players are randomly teleported away from whatever they're doing to fight the boss. RNG is *exciting*! Oh, and DvsL bosses now generate a new damage type- item repairs for this type of damage are of platinum rarity, coming soon to a Cartel Pack near you! It's the THRILL OF THE HUNT! Unfortunately, they forgot to mention that we're the prey.

It honestly takes too long to find where the bosses randomly spawn, as a result of the random timing of the LS vs DS bar shifting, and then form a group and get everyone to go out there for the tiny rewards of some alignment tokens (which the game showers you with anyways and can only buy crap cosmetics with regardless) and a decoration (if you manage to kill every single boss AND if the achievements ever get completely unbroken).

And even if you're willing to go through all of that, then all it takes is ONE person to randomly go by, pull the boss (either accidentally or to troll) and then die, and then the boss DISAPPEARS and you've wasted all that time for nothing. I think that's the biggest misstep with the alignment world bosses, that you're only allowed one pull and then it's done.

I did a run of DK and Alderaan a couple times when this came out and there were no achievements. Are they still broken? If they've finally fixed them for real I might consider getting back into them.

I'm afraid given Bioware's current mindset, the only 'solution' they'd be likely to implement would be "when boss pops, X number of players are randomly teleported away from whatever they're doing to fight the boss.

LOL, Well that be one way to try and make players group.

itd be nice if the bosses spawned in ALL the potential locations, and stayed there till dead. that way you can reliably hunt them. no despawning on agro or at the end of the victory window, or short of that at least give some kind of notification of where the "invasion" is happening. Or, maybe have the bosses actually spawn during level 4 of the light/dark victory but unattackable/non-agro (sort of like the way base commanders are shielded) and then they become attackable during the "victorious" hour. That way you have more time to find them and get a group together before they go live.

Also, there is the issue of them simply being not worth the effort to kill. They loot a world boss GCXP pack (which normal world bosses dont drop, but should), so basically if you get a full ops group together on almost no notice, who happen to be the right alignment and a semi-optimized set of classes, who get to the boss before it gets despawned AND kills in the ONE chance you get to do so all before the timer expires (which combines to make them almost unpuggable), your reward is........... about half the GCXP you could get for spending 5-7 minutes doing a master mode run of Chapter 1 or 2 solo instead.

Simple - incentives. Unique, well-done gear + significant amount of exp + end game tokens / components. Oh wait, unique gear is reserved for the cartel market.

This is just sad. They create a system and activity, devote time and resources into it so no one can bother with it. They really have no idea what they're doing.