Updated Unassembled Component Rates - 5.1.2

EricMusco

Not with 5.1.2. We know Components being available to your Legacy is something that is highly desired. We are still looking at how to address that and when we would be able to do so. I will pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

You're looking at how to address that? I don't understand -- isn't it just a matter of deciding of whether or not you want to throw us this bone and then flipping the requisite switch (or not throwing it)?

The conspiracy theories about the cxp system being released deliberately half-baked so you guys would have a jar of cookies to lead us on with are growing increasingly believable.

Edited by yellow_

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not every one does pve which is why this was to support those people who only want to pvp. Which is also why there was no increase for pve drops because it all ready is a faster method to gearing then pvp .Stop trying to turn this into a pve issue as it is not.

gearing is an issue for all players. Warzone comms were a good way in the past to gear characters for those the preferred pvp and ops were good for those the preferred pve. I am not trying to turn this thread into anything, but I am trying to address the real problem with gearing in 5.0.

Also, how is addressing the issue of people quitting warzones because they don't want to lose and get substandard rewards an attempt to make this thread about pve? I don't know about you, but I don't like it when half of my team leaves because they don't want to lose and get lousy rewards in the process. That is a pvp issue, and that was covered in the post that you responded to.

gearing is an issue for all players. Warzone comms were a good way in the past to gear characters for those the preferred pvp and ops were good for those the preferred pve. I am not trying to turn this thread into anything, but I am trying to address the real problem with gearing in 5.0.

I miss the old gear system too, and I am still kicking myself for not buying alt gear with my WZ comms before 5.0. But, I think they combined the gearing systems into GC to cut down on development costs. That's the simplest explanation I can come up with for what we are seeing, with gearing, with new group content, with everything. They have very limited resources, and that's why they can't go back to what we had.

Then go play Guild Wars 2 and Overwatch and be done with it. We have enough crying ppl here.

I'm impressed you have 2 different phrases to combine with "cry".

Another reason why PvP and PvE gearing has to be kept on separate systems.

The only thing I can side with is that you shouldn't throw gear at people for mindlessly grinding stuff. Attach it to the hardest content like you said you would. All this adjusting CXP / components numbers is just shifting the focus points of the grind, it will still be a grind: quantity of play instead of quality of play like it should be. As long as you object to correct that you will continue to lose players.

Besides, every command rank you add will be a reason for players not to return. You really expect returning players to grind 400 levels to see the new operation once it's done? You bet they'll stay in the competition MMO games that must not be named here instead.

Edited by Ardarell_Solo

ROFL... this entire debacle.. Just so you know they hear us and they are listening, clearly.

They care about PvPers, who they have essentially sharted on with this entire gearing system. As well as all their players they encouraged to roll Alts. It is clear they give no ****s. Unsubbing is the only thing they actually hear.

They should have left PvP gear in the game, removing that was a colossal mistake which is only going to be more evident when they increase the gear tiers in the coming months.

Still no catch up mechanic for new players or returning players who will be so far behind they might as well not start the grind, once T4 and 5 drop it will be only worse. The gear gap in PvP between the haves and the have nots will continue to grow, as will player frustrations and queue times.

But OH its so exciting, the thrill of the hunt and all. I got a set piece and felt no excitement just less disappointment then the prior 40 crates of nothing useful in T1. Then went back to grinding chapter 1 for excitement trying to catch get entry level gear! Then I stopped playing for a week due to thrill of the hunt and all around joy GC and RNG has inspired.

Those number are entirely to low they need to be double at min 10 win 5 lose, Or reduce the number need to get peices OR add Unassembled Component to daily mission pve missions, as it is your forcing people in pvp to just get them, which has resulted in alot stupid and people that dont give. It was bad enough when 5.0 hit cause wz was one nices way to get cxp, only for it to be made WORSE cause Unassembled Component can only be got from PVP atlest make Unassembled Component drop from OPS TOO

Again does BW listen or does go in one ear out the other 5.0 has been one mistake after mistake, and you keep digging the hole. the MASSIVE BS crap that comes out Command crates is just the tip of it.

Edited by Kyuuu

lol.

It's extremely hard for players to be supportive of this company when they completely keep ******** on PvPers with every freakin' patch.

A. PvE. Progression. System. Does. Not. Work. For. PvP.

Get that though your freakin' heads devs.

Edited by kissingaiur

Also, how is addressing the issue of people quitting warzones because they don't want to lose and get substandard rewards an attempt to make this thread about pve? I don't know about you, but I don't like it when half of my team leaves because they don't want to lose and get lousy rewards in the process. That is a pvp issue, and that was covered in the post that you responded to.

The moment where you stated give you more comms and drops from bosses in operations it became a pve cry. pvp does not get complete 242 pieces that drop like pve does.This suposed update was to address the slow grind in pvp to aquire said pieces. where as you go into pve and have better chances to get gear faster. But you asked for more to drop in pve ?

You are correct its a pvp issue so don't bring statements in here about drops and comns from operations.

Not with 5.1.2. We know Components being available to your Legacy is something that is highly desired. We are still looking at how to address that and when we would be able to do so. I will pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

can you look into making light side and dark side tokens legacy as well please?

Eric - As you're looking into this, perhaps consider making it easier to eject those folks from warzones. As it is, there must be several votes to kick a player from the group before they are ejected, and many players are just not willing to stop and take the time to vote kick. Perhaps set it up so that if a player initiates a kick, then it places the target on a timer (no longer than 1 min) so that if they do not move or do not initiate combat in that time, they are booted.

In 5 years I've NEVER seen anyone actually be successfully kicked from warzone. I've seen a few times most of the team say they have voted to kick someone and it just never happened.

In 5 years I've NEVER seen anyone actually be successfully kicked from warzone. I've seen a few times most of the team say they have voted to kick someone and it just never happened.

The player has to be completely afk and not in combat to successfully kick.

Then again afkers in WZ haven't been an issue till now even with Conquest at least on my server.

The player has to be completely afk and not in combat to successfully kick.

Then again afkers in WZ haven't been an issue till now even with Conquest at least on my server.

Deadwinter all i have to say on this. I as well play on jc and he is a know afker doing nothing but grieving his team in ops chat while staying in stealth the entire match.So yes it is an existing problem on jc.

Edited by falkron-kerupt

First of all i dont like GC system so that you know.

Now, the Components and OPS drops should only be a way to MAKE YOU GET YOUR MISSING PIECE not gear your toon from 0 - full 242. I know it sounds stupid of me, but this was not supposed to be a way of gearing, but only a way to fill in the gaps, please realize that.

Having said that, please also include Component rewards for GSF Daily and Weekly like the other PVP activities.

Thank you.

Components should be for real pvp not space pew pew that isn't pvp.

lol.

It's extremely hard for players to be supportive of this company when they completely keep ******** on PvPers with every freakin' patch.

A. PvE. Progression. System. Does. Not. Work. For. PvP.

Get that though your freakin' heads devs.

This " PvE progression system" doesn't work for PvE'ers, either....

I'll probably receive a lot of hate. But some of you guys, are ridiculous !

Why don't you ask BW to giveaway full 242 to everyone so that you don't need to farm at all?

No hate! But apologies in advance because I am going to use your statement as a general example of people missing the point. It's fine to miss the point, as long as you're receptive to people pointing out why.

Yes, PvE heroes, what PvPers want is EXACTLY to have everyone "handed the best gear", in that in PvP *everyone* should be at the same gearing level, because gear is not what should decide PvP performance. You're fundamentally missing the point here and here's why:

PvP should be about a level playing field so that player skill is what matters, not gear grind. This is not an abstract fantasy; it was the actual situation in this game until last month. It was GREAT:

- In 4.x, since Expertise was a different main stat, it took a short amount of time to get in to a basic PvP gear set that bolstered to competitive levels, because BW did not have to balance it with PvE progression.

- in 5.0, Bolster was raised above the top tier gear. This was even better. In fact, despite bolster being odd, it was almost perfect.

Both of those systems were great. They both let you select your gear MIX, which made a difference, but did not require you to grind gear RATING. They let new players or alts jump right in to PvP and have a good time focusing on what really mattered.

5.1 destroyed this by dropping the bolster cap to where people simply needed to grind gear, especially for ranked. And since Expertise is gone, this means that the PvP grind had to be balanced with the CareBear grind, which is just dumb.

Understand this - this is a place where SWTOR went from being SUBSTANTIALLY BETTER than other MMO's, from being a truly innovative leader, to being a second rate grind fest at best. This is the saddest part - it's been like watching a smart person intentionally lobotomize themselves.

Anyone that thinks gear rating should matter in PvP is either a bad who depends on it, or is basically someone LARPing the "Filthy Casuals" meme. Both types of players should be ignored and maybe ridiculed.

I agree with Doc and Hottie. The fundamental fail here was tying PvP gearing to PvE progression. Which was a giant step backwards. Unless, of course, the tinfoil hat brigade is actually right and the entire point was a forced grind all around, because that's the only game BW's got left this far out in the long tail.

Edited by stoopicus

I'm fine with these rates. Daily and weekly rewards encourage pvp on more than one character and discourage quitting matches. If they deliver on their promise of legacy UC then i can see myself pvp'ing on multiple alts as well instead of my two mains.

Remember that we're talking about an upgrade from 240 to 242 for every slot except set armorings, it doesn't have to be lightning quick. I'm actually slightly concerned about operation gearing being slow comparatively.

Edited by Eli_Porter

(Name Redacted) all i have to say on this. I as well play on jc and he is a know afker doing nothing but grieving his team in ops chat while staying in stealth the entire match.So yes it is an existing problem on jc.

Name and shaming against forum rules but never played a match with said person. Seen them word vomit in fleetchat. But afkers as a real issue involving multiple people hasn't been problematic until now due to making the game all about CXP farming and the simple equation of weighing everything against time/CXP.

PvP skill not gear should matter, should have alternate grind systems like vanity and other non game advantages to encourage people to play. Stop making seasons that drag on for ever for piss poor rewards. In PvE skill not grind of easy content should award gear. To paraphrase the late Princess Leia: "The tighter you grip us with CXP, BW, the more subs that will fall through your fingers". ;)

Edited by FerkWork

Rewarding Unsassambled Components for Weeklies and Dailies will just encourage less active play.

People queue and watch a movie and afk as much as possible. You are starting to reward this behavior again. Increasing the amount and speed to get gear is the right step, but this is not helping as much as you would think.

Wintrading or losing on purpose will rise again, even reseting rating for those people won't matter cause they got their components.

Edited by TopAceOfEarth

We want to be really careful of how many Components are awarded from losses, specifically to combat AFKers in PvP. We will monitor post 5.1.2 and make further adjustments as needed!

-eric

The biggest problem I personaly have with all these Values is that it makes no diffrence how long a match goes. Yesterday I had two arenas with 3 rounds of acid which equals around 20 minutes staying in the arena and I got 2 components for these 2 matches. I could have been lucky and got 2 Voidstars in the same time and would have finished faster and got more components for loosing.

Please considere a time factor for the components grant! It's really frustrating to play an arena when you know from the start we have atleast 2 rounds of acid because the other team has 2 heals, 2 dps and my team has 1 tank, 1 dps and 2 heal.

I mean if you really wreck the opposite team in a arena you also get nothing!

I've been playing Guild Wars 1 since 2005 and Guild Wars 2 for many years, and I've been doing Overwatch since the beginning. And i play World of Warcraft also. It is not bad if you are not so limited. You can then compare and see the strengths and the weaknesses of the games.

And btw: I've been here since the beta and have the Collectors Editon and you?

i have been here from the beggining, dont need collectors edition, its enough the digital version.

I have played other MMORPGs as well. Lineage 2 for 8 years and others for like a few months. But you are comparing differents games. It's logical to have difference between games. it's what makes them fun. If you want the same bullsht over and over again then go play Solitaire, GW 2 or overwatch and stop complaining.

That goes to other ppl crying for gear disadvantage as well. No one is forcing you to play here, so G T F O :D

i have been here from the beggining, dont need collectors edition, its enough the digital version.

I have played other MMORPGs as well. Lineage 2 for 8 years and others for like a few months. But you are comparing differents games. It's logical to have difference between games. it's what makes them fun. If you want the same bullsht over and over again then go play Solitaire, GW 2 or overwatch and stop complaining.

That goes to other ppl crying for gear disadvantage as well. No one is forcing you to play here, so G T F O :D

Then when all the pvpers give up and follow your advice to leave you can enjoy the empty queues I guess. :rolleyes:

Edited by FerkWork

No hate! But apologies in advance because I am going to use your statement as a general example of people missing the point. It's fine to miss the point, as long as you're receptive to people pointing out why.

Yes, PvE heroes, what PvPers want is EXACTLY to have everyone "handed the best gear", in that in PvP *everyone* should be at the same gearing level, because gear is not what should decide PvP performance. You're fundamentally missing the point here and here's why:

PvP should be about a level playing field so that player skill is what matters, not gear grind. This is not an abstract fantasy; it was the actual situation in this game until last month. It was GREAT:

- In 4.x, since Expertise was a different main stat, it took a short amount of time to get in to a basic PvP gear set that bolstered to competitive levels, because BW did not have to balance it with PvE progression.

- in 5.0, Bolster was raised above the top tier gear. This was even better. In fact, despite bolster being odd, it was almost perfect.

Both of those systems were great. They both let you select your gear MIX, which made a difference, but did not require you to grind gear RATING. They let new players or alts jump right in to PvP and have a good time focusing on what really mattered.

5.1 destroyed this by dropping the bolster cap to where people simply needed to grind gear, especially for ranked. And since Expertise is gone, this means that the PvP grind had to be balanced with the CareBear grind, which is just dumb.

Understand this - this is a place where SWTOR went from being SUBSTANTIALLY BETTER than other MMO's, from being a truly innovative leader, to being a second rate grind fest at best. This is the saddest part - it's been like watching a smart person intentionally lobotomize themselves.

Anyone that thinks gear rating should matter in PvP is either a bad who depends on it, or is basically someone LARPing the "Filthy Casuals" meme. Both types of players should be ignored and maybe ridiculed.

I agree with Doc and Hottie. The fundamental fail here was tying PvP gearing to PvE progression. Which was a giant step backwards. Unless, of course, the tinfoil hat brigade is actually right and the entire point was a forced grind all around, because that's the only game BW's got left this far out in the long tail.

^what he said