The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bad Days Ahead..........Immediate Responce Required

MaximumOwnage

I hate to keep bringing this up, but the silence is deafening. This needs a response.

You guys said after the 1st of the year you would evaluate the "dead servers" issue and based on the population after the release of 5.0 you would let us know what is going to be done. Ok well it is no secret to anyone who plays this game that 5.0 was released. And it is no secret that it has not increased populations on any server. Actually quite the opposite.

The time has come and the time is now to respond to this issue and give us an update to your conclusions on server balances.

This has been a long time coming and I think it is only reasonable to keep to your promise. you were supposed to come out right after the new year and let us know where we are headed as far as server mergers, server shut downs, and or mega server consolidation. So far not a word.

You have had long enough to study your data pertaining to this issue. I think its time to share where we are at and also a look ahead.

Edited by MaximumOwnage

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes you think they didn't review it, saw numbers that they liked and decided to pass on it?

OR

They thought 5.0 was going to be a critical success, but now find that even the few remaining populated servers are starting to decline, and without the resources, competency, or capability to actually merge servers, they are just keeping their focus on the cxp system and the SINGLE OP as this year's content and game changes.

What makes you think they didn't review it, saw numbers that they liked and decided to pass on it?

Wait lol...are you seriously suggesting that there's a slight possibility, in your mind, that they actually did take a look at dead servers and liked the numbers they saw???

Mike...come on...they just haven't gotten around to it yet because they don't have the staff to meet their own goals.

And let me guess, based on your past posts, you think the only server that everyone should be playing on is Harbinger. NO THANK YOU.

Ebon Hawk is doing fine, I can get groups when or if I need them with no problems. I have no intention of moving to Harbinger. It is not the only server that should be existing.

I will agree some of the old pvp servers need to be merged but not everyone wants to be on Harbinger.

And let me guess, based on your past posts, you think the only server that everyone should be playing on is Harbinger. NO THANK YOU.

Ebon Hawk is doing fine, I can get groups when or if I need them with no problems. I have no intention of moving to Harbinger. It is not the only server that should be existing.

I will agree some of the old pvp servers need to be merged but not everyone wants to be on Harbinger.

Pretty selfish, isnt it? There are servers outside the US too. 9 Servers in EU, 8 servers in the US. We have dead servers in the EU. Two out of three english and german servers are practically dead compared to the third nicely filled server. According to server populations, all US servers are equally light. In the EU there are two decent populated servers and the rest light.

But we wont see any change either way. Devs dont care about such things and just pretend to care. Did they ever show us a different picture?

Edited by Zasszz

Don't expect an answer any time soon. The idea of merging servers would mean that the last two expansions failed to meet the expectations, and we can't have that now, can we? Besides, we need to find out what idea that is better than cross server they have for us. It's been at least two years in the making.

Come to Harbinger, Casirabit...we are waiting for you. :rak_01:

My entire guild packed up and left Harbinger more then a year ago. It was simply becoming a cesspool over time as more people transferred in. Yes, we had to organize the move, and handle some reinvestment costs for guild assets, but that was easy to quantify and plan, and was something we had control over. The reinvestment costs were completely worth it too. We kept a placeholder on Harbinger in case we ever want to move back, but that appears less likely over time.

We like it on Ebon Hawk, and the server is fine... much better community then Harbinger, a player economy that is in many ways healthier then Harbinger at this time, and an active player population. AND being a stable and active guild... we are in no way dependent on the popular "cannon fodder" model that is random grouping and queuing.

Edited by Andryah

There was talk about merges at BW's latest impromptu/informal cantina a couple weeks ago. I heard that BW intends to do them but is working out the logistics and programming issues. No timetable. Nothing imminent. But they are acknowledging the need for merges. I don't want to say more because this is 2nd hand (from last week's Bad Feeling podcast). I completely agree that an official announcement is overdue.

Shadowlands are doing fine. As a dps, I am able to get into a master FP in around 15min, any level uprising in under a few minutes. Veteran anything tends to be almost instant. Operations take a long time, but that is mostly because guilds queue up preformed. Have 8 toons on that server so far ( transferred my main from Harbie) and the 3 guilds I am a part of, have 5-30 ppl on at any given point. I am not sure of the average wait time for ranked though, might need to ask someone else.

Its not that its dead, its just no one seems to use chat much anymore.

I think you might be just a little out of touch with the current condition of these servers. If you merged all 3 ex PVP NA servers together today, you would have an absolute ghost town.

Unfortunately we are far beyond merging a few servers. That was about 2 years ago what your talking about. We are at a very advanced stage of unhealthy servers. And its not just the PVP servers anymore.

I think the days of denial are over. It can no longer be denied. We are here and the development team needs to respond to this.

We like it on Ebon Hawk, and the server is fine... much better community then Harbinger, a player economy that is in many ways healthier then Harbinger at this time, and an active player population. AND being a stable and active guild... we are in no way dependent on the popular "cannon fodder" model that is random grouping and queuing.

Same here. I'm quite happy on Ebon Hawk, having migrated from Shadowlands right at the start of 4.0, when it still classified as an RP server. Haven't regretted it since. Effectively guildless for various reasons, but I get decent group finder pops and met some pretty cool people. Not too keen on the idea of merging with Shadowlands or Harbinger..

No need for an immediate response. Character transfers are 90 cc. If you want to move, move.

Server merges are a losing proposition for Bioware, because some percentage of subs will rage quit because they can't keep their character name(s). Better to let people decide whether they want to stay on a less populated server or transfer elsewhere.

Edited by KevWanCarib

I hate to keep bringing this up, but the silence is deafening. This needs a response.

You guys said after the 1st of the year you would evaluate the "dead servers" issue and based on the population after the release of 5.0 you would let us know what is going to be done. Ok well it is no secret to anyone who plays this game that 5.0 was released. And it is no secret that it has not increased populations on any server. Actually quite the opposite.

The time has come and the time is now to respond to this issue and give us an update to your conclusions on server balances.

This has been a long time coming and I think it is only reasonable to keep to your promise. you were supposed to come out right after the new year and let us know where we are headed as far as server mergers, server shut downs, and or mega server consolidation. So far not a word.

You have had long enough to study your data pertaining to this issue. I think its time to share where we are at and also a look ahead.

I may be wrong, but while I do recall BW stating that they would re-examine server populations after the first of the year, I do not recall them saying that they would "give us an update" or let us know what they decided. I cannot say that I blame them, since they would likely be tarred and feathered if that response was anything except "Mergers will happen tomorrow".

There was talk about merges at BW's latest impromptu/informal cantina a couple weeks ago. I heard that BW intends to do them but is working out the logistics and programming issues. No timetable. Nothing imminent. But they are acknowledging the need for merges. I don't want to say more because this is 2nd hand (from last week's Bad Feeling podcast). I completely agree that an official announcement is overdue.

I've not been looking, but I've not seen anything from BW regarding any potential mergers, since their last statement that they had no plans to merge servers at that time, but would re-evaluate after the first of the year.

To me, this sounds a lot like wishful hoping and not anything even remotely close to an official statement.

I do not doubt, though, that your post will be taken by many as BW "having promised" that server merges are imminent, despite the fact that no source was linked, and that the "source" is "second hand" and NOT a BW source.

Are you aware of the bug during combat to randomly target a fellow group/OPs member or companion if your target dies? So far they dont give a sith about this combat interfering bug. In the last patches they fixed only a handful of problems and even fixed something that wasnt broken This is the only official announcement you get from the devs about problems. A giant middle finger.

No need for an immediate response. Character transfers are 90 cc. If you want to move, move.

Merger transfers are a losing proposition for Bioware, because some percentage of subs will rage quit because they can't keep their character name(s). Better to let people decide whether they want to stay on a less populated server or transfer elsewhere.

That would require those that wish to play on higher populated servers actually take SOME responsibility for solving their perceived problem, though.

Let's not forget that it appears that many of those demanding server merges are already on Harbinger and wish to see all other servers merged with Harbinger I'm going to guess that is so they can have higher population without having to risk losing guild assets or names, etc. or character names.

I wonder what the response from those players would be if BW announced that Harbinger was being merged into Ebon Hawk and that those on Harbinger demanding server merges would be the ones to suffer the nightmares and headaches surrounding guilds and their assets, personal legacy storage and character names, etc.

Let's not forget that it appears that many of those demanding server merges are already on Harbinger and wish to see all other servers merged with Harbinger I'm going to guess that is so they can have higher population without having to risk losing guild assets or names, etc. or character names.

Yes I am at Harbinger and also Red Eclipse. I have 4 guilds with flagships on Harbinger ( 2 bought by me, 2 acquired from guildmaster quitting) and also 2 guilds with flagships on Red Eclipse which I purchased also. That's a total of 6 flagships I have guilmaster over. And not only that but between my 2 servers I have 20 on Red Eclipse and 31 on Harbinger. BTW not one of my toons is under 65 and most are 70.

Ok now that we have that out of the way let me set the record straight. I would have to say I have more to lose in the way of flagships and character names than probably 90% of the player base. Not only that, but I have been a subscriber of this game since pre order. I am not new to the game.

Having said all of that, I would be willing to rename all of my character (some of them have very unique names) and lose all 6 of my guildships in exchange for a mega server if need be. I would prefer not to lose all of that but I would to get the server status to this game optimized. So your assumption is absolutely incorrect at least when it pertains to me. And I am sure I am not alone.

IMO the absolute very least minimum population requirement should be that of Harbinger. That should be used as worse case scenario. I would like to see a server with double or more of a population of modern day Harbinger. And I would be willing to lose everything (guild ships, toon names) to see that happen.

I would not even mind seeing a complete purging of all flagships and creating a completely new guildship system. Something new and exciting and with a lot more advantages to owning some sort of a guild stronghold or ship. That way everyone in the game can begin something new in the way of guilds and guild bases. Not to mention it would also be a nice way to get a well needed credit sink. Maybe make the ships cost 250 mill or more to purchase and get people playing together again towards something new.

Bottom line is this game needs to be balanced population wise. Rigth now there are way to many dead servers. They need to do a complete purge by creating 2 brand new servers (1 east 1 west) and eliminate the old guilships all together and introduce something new.

Almost all the guilds who conquest have maxed out guilships. Its become a dull issue. It would add some new life to the system IMO. I would be all for this.

And for anyone who thinks I am BSing about me owning 6 guilds, I will happily upload screenies and send them to you in a PM. That's how important I believe this issue is for this game.

Merger transfers are a losing proposition for Bioware, because some percentage of subs will rage quit because they can't keep their character name(s). Better to let people decide whether they want to stay on a less populated server or transfer elsewhere.

A game where more than half the servers are dead or dying does not retain customers. It does not look good to new/returning customers. For every person that takes the 90 cc transfer , at least one person will quit and at least one will wait even if waiting makes them less happy - and that's not including those that don't know server transfers are an option or that they're cheap (there's more people out there like that than you might imagine). Some people do like tiny server pops - I've no idea why but I can say that historically they are a tiny minority of players. There's 0 chance that refusing to merge servers has been in any way good for this game's health.

Oh, the unique and unmatched stupidly and ignorance to suggest that there is a transfer sale ongoing, as a "solution" for this. This is stupid and ignorant on so many levels it makes me almost speechless about how simple minded and short sighted people really are.

Here a few matters on that long list, the most important ones:

- They don't even have an acceptable transfer process to offer, not for single players and not for guilds. 5 years after release. That is ridiculous by itself. Nothing for guilds, ships, strongholds and placed deco and so on. It's fu... data at the end of the day and it should be no big problem to copy it 1:1,or better move it, because that is what transfer means. What they offer now is an incomplete, unacceptable, half baked and ridiculous copy, even for single players, absolutely nothing for guilds. Again, 5 years after release, I can't stress that enough since it says all about this incompetent and ignorant company.

- People should only pay for transfers they make for personal reasons, not to be able to play the game's core content. An example: Jarkai Sword, the German ex pvp server, has not seen ONE pvp or gsf pop since end of April last year. Eat that. Master fp queues are infinite too. Other queues almost infinite most of the day, also on weekends. Max population on the fleet on weekends is like 8 people, max!

It's on Bioware to fix this, solely their business.

Cross server or mergers are overdue for at least14-15 months by now, but they lack the technical know how/competence within this ridiculous company due to their retarded beta engine without updates/upgrades/manufacturer support, modified by people who don't work there anymore. The fact they didn't do that by now is also self harming in a maximized way to Bioware/EA since they've lost a ****load of customers due to this AND it will be the last nail into the coffin for this game imho.

The ignorance, incompetence and the total lack of foresight/planning and ANY respect for their customers is what makes Bioware/EA so very "special" to me. I wholeheartedly despise this company by now, for good reasons, and will never again play a game from them or EA. Basically they are EA anyway since they are just a division of EA meanwhile.

Edited by Khaleg