Walker piloting is stupid and terrible. Stop making me do it.

LordNythrax

I would not mind it as much if I could change my hot keys for the temporary toolbar. I have my hot keys and my tool bars set up in a way that really doesn't work well with the tempory bar and I end up clicking, it's more annoying on the HK quest, because I enjoy the quest. More customization for temp tool bar would be nice

Had the exact same issue, ended creating a specific UI and key bindings for when I'm suck in the dev mode.

Thing is you have to change on the fly

Edited by Deewe

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Key binding was not an issue for me. the walker tool box as i call it worked out fine do to it matched how i set up my all of my tool bars. it Might been a happy coincidence, but still i had no problems with that and i loved the new missions with the walkers, and hope there is more of them in the future.

I actually liked the different gameplay features they added. I'm sorry some people like exclusively doing the same type of thing over and over even when something different would make sense in terms of the story.

That being said, I do dislike how buggy the walker is in chapter 8. I don't know why but that chapter is ALWAYS laggy as hell and it makes running through it really painful, but other than that, these new gameplay modes are pretty great.

• 1 year later...
You die once because of ability lag screwing you over and that bug where you "evade" the enemies so all your damage is undone but you can't repair? Back to start to go through the WHOLE MAP on a slow *** walker with terrible controls! I hate this section so much

You die once because of ability lag screwing you over and that bug where you "evade" the enemies so all your damage is undone but you can't repair? Back to start to go through the WHOLE MAP on a slow *** walker with terrible controls! I hate this section so much

True story, I've never repeated the storyline because of this terrible chapter. I just can't picture ever doing that again.

The reason I hate the Walker missions is that it takes me out of character. Completely.

My gunslinger has the exact abilities as my commando as my marauder, etc.

Give them something unique like letting my Sorcerer throw a lightning storm, or give my trooper a strong missle attack, ANYThING to remind my which toon I’m using.

Just wait until you reach the dinner party!

I enjoyed the dinner party. I was still my character. But it was annoying as there was only one solution.

Hated the mech, hated the mouse droid. Didn't like "Shroud of Memory" gameplay for that matter. I understand why the designers thought it might be cool, but never want to play those sections again.

It's interesting for me that this thread got necro'd. I just finished my first attempt at this chapter in VET mode. OMG,:eek: that was painful. The walker part was the worst. Guaranteed I will never get MASTER done. Must have died 20 times and back to the beginning, die and back to the beginning, die and back to the beginning. I don't think I can do KOTET in any other mode but story now. And this is only the 2nd character going through it.:(

I flat out despise that mouse droid mission, it's the reason I have so many characters who've I've stopped playing at THAT point. :mad: it's almost as bad as that stupid "save the gravestone by destroying these reactors that can only be reached if you have an aoe attack" mission.

You know you just have to shoot 1 reactor in a group to set them all off right? Then you run to next group and repeat. Each group needs literally 1 shot.

Have to say first time through Walker, mouse droid etc it was new it was different ok. Going alt after alt through it, yeah not fun. Get through it fast as I can and just make a beeline for the walker end. The one thing I absolutely HATE doing over and over and over again though is that damn Vaylin party. Unnnnghhhhh.

Not a fan at all of it longterm overall.

Just hit the first chapter of KOTET for the first time. Holy crap is this lame. Yeah let me put aside my agile powerful Sith Lord in order to slowly trudge along in an awkward lumbering walker getting pew-pew'd by a million tiny crappy mobs, half of which I have to slowly walk up to and step on because they have shields.

Oh but it's so iconic. Yeah when I was a kid I totally dreamed about piloting one of those awkward chicken-walkers from Return of the Jedi. You know, the ones that got humiliated and repeatedly destroyed by teddy bears.

Way to drag the entire scene to a screeching halt.

This sums up my opinion on the walker chapters in this game. I still haven't finished KOTET for this reason.

... at this point I just wish we can skip the whole Eternal Empire arc after 6.0.

Not that I dislike the story, not at all. I've enjoyed it very much. It's just that it seems excessive to do all 25 chapters on all my alts. Four times is quite enough for me.

While the walker play-style is not fun at all to me, the one thing that makes it unbearable is the unbelievably bad ability lag, fix that and I'd consider doing it on Vet/MM for the cheevos. However, I don't see why it's mandatory for the progression of the story to use the walker when my it's just as easy if not easier to kill all the enemies with my toon, what is the purpose of that? Edited by roshakai

However, I don't see why it's mandatory for the progression of the story to use the walker when my it's just as easy if not easier to kill all the enemies with my toon, what is the purpose of that?

Yeah, this should be optional.

I always feel like i'd kill everyone much faster with my toons and their comps, than with the walker :(

The giant droid IS really fun for me and I didn't mind the mouse when I got used to it. I felt that there were real reasons for those things to be in the story as well.

But the walker was horrible. The one in chapter 9 and Iokath is easier to manage than the one in chapter 1 but every time I have seen that walker come up I've cringed. Irony because if you have a walker as a personal mount it's usually really quick and easy to maneuver around.