Galactic Command Gearing Roadmap - Coming This Week

EricMusco

So, since december and 5.0 we're playing with a gearing system who was badly thought. With 5.1 you don't really fix anything. Now you say you will fix it, and continue to do so during the year. So you expect players to wait until someday this system became worth playing ? Not me.

Truth is we're playing and paying for something that doesn't work properly for at least 2 months. This whole system should have been working since december, you refuse to listen to the community back in pre 5.0, you ignored everyone and everything.

I don't have no trust at all anymore in a company that can't even recognize when they make a mistake and take customers for fools. All they're doing these days is telling people : "wait for the op... later", "wait for the fix... later". Enough is enough.

Edited by RswanBing

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really, really don't like putting anything that is not constructive on the boards. That said, its too late folks.

The community wants non-rng gear back, but the studio won't do it. If they did that and you know had group content released over the past 2 years, what's left of the group content communities would not be unsubscribing. 1 operations boss is not going to make this game fun again.

Nobody is going to come back to this game for 5.2. Maybe once the entire operation unfolds, and RNG has been eliminated or at least made a lot less RNG, some folks we know and have enjoyed playing with will return (even then, still going to take a lot for me to fork over my income again to this game).

Between now and then, guilds will continue to thin out, PVP/PVE group pops will slow, under populated servers will continue to be that way, and the game will suffer.

The studio has ALWAYS been very slow to respond. I'm not waiting any more. I already made a rant post last week, and this is in danger of becoming another one. Whomever decided to skip operations for 2 years should be fired. Period. I'm gone 2/7/17, the end.

Eric, should you read this, I care about the game. Really I do, or I would not complain. Regardless of what you are told to say, the entire studio is responsible for the mess this game is in now. All of you.

I'm encouraging what's left of my guild to stop paying money for this game. :mad:

Your whole post almost implies you only play the game for gearing as opposed to say, oh I don't know ... having fun?

Also you could almost apply your logic to anytime they announce anything upcoming ... "Don't bother playing the old content now, we've got new content coming in a few months".

Snave does kind of nail it there though. Specifically what it says to me is to start stacking creds by making and selling stuff on the GTN now and not worry about my own gear any more until this update drops, because once gear is easier to get, those 5M 240 pieces and 1.5M VMC's? Nope nope nope. That market's going to tank. And so much for buying 240 pieces now.

In other words, it makes my inner minmaxer shift to minmaxing the thing that will bring the greatest rewards now because the current gearing gamble is going to be much cheaper soon.

It's not going to change my PvP habits at all, I do that for fun.

Eric: any reason to not simply greatly increase CXP gain now? Something like the 200% XP boost pre-5.0? In the long run, how much would that possibly hurt, compared to the sentiment gain you would get?

Regardless, thanks for the change and for listening to the users.

Edited by stoopicus

I really, really don't like putting anything that is not constructive on the boards. That said, its too late folks.

The community wants non-rng gear back, but the studio won't do it. If they did that and you know had group content released over the past 2 years, what's left of the group content communities would not be unsubscribing. 1 operations boss is not going to make this game fun again.

Nobody is going to come back to this game for 5.2. Maybe once the entire operation unfolds, and RNG has been eliminated or at least made a lot less RNG, some folks we know and have enjoyed playing with will return (even then, still going to take a lot for me to fork over my income again to this game).

Between now and then, guilds will continue to thin out, PVP/PVE group pops will slow, under populated servers will continue to be that way, and the game will suffer.

The studio has ALWAYS been very slow to respond. I'm not waiting any more. I already made a rant post last week, and this is in danger of becoming another one. Whomever decided to skip operations for 2 years should be fired. Period. I'm gone 2/7/17, the end.

Eric, should you read this, I care about the game. Really I do, or I would not complain. Regardless of what you are told to say, the entire studio is responsible for the mess this game is in now. All of you.

I'm encouraging what's left of my guild to stop paying money for this game. :mad:

Well said, well said. We're out on the same day.

Playing for fun is 100% a valid reason to keep playing the game and I would encourage any players who do that to keep doing that.

This post is about changes to the gearing system so I'm assuming they're trying to speak to people who care about the gearing system. I believe my points are very valid and very reasonable.

I get your point totally but it's almost gotten to the point of what are we complaining about now?

I don't think more than 10 players at most have actually bothered to say that GC and how gearing has been implemented since 5.0 is a good idea. We've all been complaining about it non stop and that's fine it needs fixing.

But as soon as Eric gives us a post outlining the direction they are looking to head in and what to expect the post gets jumped on because it is telling us this?

Are you trying to say he shouldn't be making these posts and they should just keep quiet up until it's time to make the changes?

I think I get what your point is - we need changes now, not later - but the way it was worded almost seemed to be coming across as having a go at Eric for telling us so far in advance that they do indeed have plans for remedying it.

Now if it's still in my post history I've been a fairly heavy critic of the lack of communication by the community team here but I'm actually more appreciative of this increased communication than the lack of we've had in the past.

Sure it doesn't tell us a lot but it gives us the grounds for reasonable responses to try and change things further before they even happen.

Example being Eric mentions that half an hour goal - we could overwhelmingly point out that's still far too large and 15 minutes would be better and maybe we can get to that point before they make the changes?

I just fail to see what having a go at the post over how long out the changes are is going to accomplish? That they'll magically do it faster?

The goal of 5.1 was to give a method for people to supplement Galactic Command so that aside from Command Crates, they could work towards a specific piece of gear. We did that through introducing Unassembled Pieces and Unassembled Tokens. We also added the start of some help for Legacies with Command Tokens as a Legacy Currency and the Legacy Perks.

5.1 was just the start of the changes though, and my post above was to let you know when to expect more specifics!

-eric

Soooooo......... Musco i can assume you read the first 5 comments and then you basically leave.... that way you pretend to be doing your job ?

I dont think there is any way to accurately describe how insanely frustrating and retarded everything associated with Galactic Command, the gearing system introduced in 5.1, opening GC crates and the gosh darn RNG grind is.

IT IS FRUSTRATING AND I AM WRITING IT IN CAPS!!!!!

And now the devs think saving it in 2 months is fine. Instead of reducing the grind to a minimum with an "emergency patch".

Reduce CXP required for levels. Increase payouts in PVP for components. Increase payouts elsewhere. Reduce gear cost.

Do that and buy yourselves the time to get rid of the system altogether and introduce something better. You dont have the time or else you run into the problems Snave outlined....

If they just put the bolster back to 250 that would go a long way to fixing PVP temporarily whilst they tweak the system.

I think that "fix" alone was a slap in the face on top of GC and they still haven't addressed that the majority of people hate the gearing based PVP concept in this game.

Player X gets better stats because he was able to grind GC more than player Y or worse as mentioned earlier you get punished for wanting to PVP on an alt.

Snave does kind of nail it there though. Specifically what it says to me is to start stacking creds by making and selling stuff on the GTN now and not worry about my own gear any more until this update drops, because once gear is easier to get, those 5M 240 pieces and 1.5M VMC's? Nope nope nope. That market's going to tank. And so much for buying 240 pieces now.

In other words, it makes my inner minmaxer shift to minmaxing the thing that will bring the greatest rewards now because the current gearing gamble is going to be much cheaper soon.

It's not going to change my PvP habits at all, I do that for fun.

I see your point there but to be crafting and gathering those VMC's isn't exactly a full time job - you do that whilst you play the game, you'll probably still do it after the changes and just make less so it's not like it's a one or the other situation.

I think for me it's how does this announcement encourage people to stop and come back later? You would still be at a gearing disadvantage from having stopped vs those that continued through ( they can keep gearing at the faster rate too ), the grinding will still be as boring as **** if you found it that way now, there would just be significantly less of it ( hopefully ) and if it's not boring well you would just continue on anyway.

All I can say is as long as GC crates are a thing to get gear I have no plans to come back. My sub ends on Feb 8th.

There was nothing wrong with gearing in 4.0, and why they had to put this awful RNG crates for gearing blows my mind! Then saying it's gonna take us 2 months to try and fix it. I'm pretty sure no matter what they do, as long as GC crates are used for gearing there is no fixing it... Bring back comm vendors, and pvp gear vendors, and op tokens dropping on all bosses. That is the only thing that will save the game from this awful RNG that we have now.

I think for me it's how does this announcement encourage people to stop and come back later?

It does nothing to get people to stop and nothing to encourage them to come back later. That's the problem and the hole BW has dug itself into and they just keep digging deeper. (If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.)

Edited by DanNV

Greatly increase the rate at which you earn Command Crates. Our goal is that you earn one Crate every 30 minutes, or less (on average).

This is great news. I'll never say no to faster crates. Does this mean we'll get faster levels, or more crates per level? Personally, I'd prefer the second, as I'm no rush to hit GC 300, or whatever the level cap is.

Looking at improvements we can make to Unassembled Components and Unassembled Pieces.

I'm unaffected by this, as I don't raid, have never raided, will never raid, and don't care about raiding in the slightest.

Make gearing more alt-friendly.

This is also excellent news.

Thanks for the updates, Eric. As a Founder with 25 alts who plays and stays for the story, this was a good announcement. I've never been a huge critic of GC to begin with. I was a little disheartened when the elite CXP was nerfed, but in the long run, it was pretty irrelevant, because for me, it's always been primarily about the journey, not the destination.

Edited by Raphael_diSanto

If they just put the bolster back to 250 that would go a long way to fixing PVP temporarily whilst they tweak the system.

I think that "fix" alone was a slap in the face on top of GC and they still haven't addressed that the majority of people hate the gearing based PVP concept in this game.

Player X gets better stats because he was able to grind GC more than player Y or worse as mentioned earlier you get punished for wanting to PVP on an alt.

no cause it destroy SM ops cause they were bolsters 250 to which made people have unrealistic idea on how good people dps was, only to see hugh difference when there was no bolsters.

I still think bolster one the worst things they even put in the game.

no cause it destroy SM ops cause they were bolsters 250 to which made people have unrealistic idea on how good people dps was, only to see hugh difference when there was no bolsters.

I still think bolster one the worst things they even put in the game.

I could believe that but understand that bolster for PvP and bolster for Ops serve two completely different purposes in this regard. In PvP bolstering everyone to the same level has a lot of advantages (and there are detractors too, but I don't think anyone would argue against the fact that it levels the playing field.) In ops, on the other hand, you're not fighting other humans with skills, you're fighting a set of (relative) idiot mechanic mobs of arbitrary toughness, so I agree it is more viable there to bolster in ops to a minimum level in relation to the targets.

Edited by stoopicus

Sorry, I don't know if u answered or not yet.

So my question is About server Jung ma, for me to find group for PVP or OPS is very very hard. I don't this problem is because I live in Brasil ( fuse is different) or because when I loggin in the game and don't find players.

So my question is: Bioware has something in mind to help us on servers, where there are few players, as is the case of Server Jung Ma?

Thanks for Support!

p.s.: Sorry my English Write, I'm learning! :)

Sorry, I don't know if u answered or not yet.

So my question is About server Jung ma, for me to find group for PVP or OPS is very very hard. I don't this problem is because I live in Brasil ( fuse is different) or because when I loggin in the game and don't find players.

So my question is: Bioware has something in mind to help us on servers, where there are few players, as is the case of Server Jung Ma?

Thanks for Support!

p.s.: Sorry my English Write, I'm learning! :)

Transfer from that server as fast as u can

JungMa and Pot5 are dead

Game is 100 times better with more ppl

FWIW, with crafting and the changes in 5.1 - this isn't unbearable for gearing a main in 1 spec of gear.

Where this falls down is:

1) Alts

2) Different specs (tank vs dps; dps vs heals) for the same toon. IMO, this is as bad or worse than dealing with alts.

3) New and returning players who don't have 220 or higher set bonuses yet. For mods & enhancements, lots of folks are crafting (or buying crafted) which I think was your intention. I see the set bonus issue beinga compounded whenever we get the next set of gearing tiers

Does anyone know if augmenting an implant that you got from doing warzones will prevent you from turning it in for an upgraded piece later?

This is actually a REALLY good question that had not occurred to me. On the vendor all the tradein items are marked "Eternal Commander MK-3 Blah", not "Eternal Commander MK-3 Blah [Augmented]", obviously. I don't have enough components to upgrade yet but I just noticed that when I look at the vendor, BOTH the component cost AND the set pieces I have are red.

There's gonna be a lot of salt if you cannot use augmented items for upgrade.

Can anyone verify?

Hey folks,

In one of my previous posts I highlighted that beyond the changes we made in Game Update 5.1 that there are more coming. By Friday of this week I am going to make a forum post highlighting a roadmap of changes you can expect to address the feedback you have raised around gearing in Galactic Command. These changes will be starting in the next few weeks and will go through to Game Update 5.2. They are intended to address the following:

• Greatly increase the rate at which you earn Command Crates. Our goal is that you earn one Crate every 30 minutes, or less (on average).
  • Looking at improvements we can make to Unassembled Components and Unassembled Pieces.
  • Make gearing more alt-friendly.

That isn't a comprehensive list, but it gives you an idea of some of the things we are looking to address based on your feedback. Just in case I was quiet about Galactic Command for a few days I want you to know that we are listening and more changes are coming. Look for my post later this week!

Thanks everyone.

-eric

I hope there is something in there for pvp gearing

dear eric,

with 5.0 / 5.1 you've finally given us the chance to obtain the discontinued centurion force masters gear for the jedi consular (as the Tier 3 Command Crates Loot Tribal Hermit's Set) - which we highly appreciate and cant thank you enough. however, the sith inquisitor version of the centurion force masters gear still remains unobtainable. any chances we are going to see a comeback of this particular armor in the near future? make it happen please :) so many people are waiting for it to be obtainable ever since it has been removed with update 1.2 5 years ago.

thanks for your consideration.