The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Galactic Command Gearing Roadmap - Coming This Week

EricMusco

Lets get some perspective here though.

That expansion costs money though, $40 in fact.

You have to pay for the base game. If you want perks you have to pay a monthly subscription fee - you don't have to of course and their ... sort of F2P model is certainly better than here.

DLC's aren't free either - you get them with your monthly fee and if that lapses you have spend crown to get them ( which you would be smart to have saved from your monthly fee ).

Why are they more enthusiastic? I imagine if I were at the helm of this game ( and I'm still not convinced by a long shot the right people are, I'm still incredibly suspicious of what we don't know about 5.2 ) and had tons of money thrown at me to develop the game with I'd be excited too.

You can only use what you are given to work with.

Ill pay. I'll gladly pay. Used to pay. Of course they used to release content too.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We = Team

I = not the whole team.

How can one person get exactly the piece they are after if there are 8 other people that might need it?

I guess you must pug a lot.

I'm not going to lose a lot of sleep over a pug's viewpoint of gearing for content that is typically done with teams.

From the team point of view, I do not care which DPS gets a mainhand, one of them will. the next time, another will. After 4x, all 4 DPS have mainhands. Then we go to healers. Then tanks. That is how we have always done gear.

No one cares which team member gets it because the entire point of gearing is to improve team DPS output/heal output etc.

In that particular instance - sure, it's random. They have a 1:4 chance of obtaining a piece. However over the course of four runs, there is zero randomness. They will all have the piece.

I'm not sure why this is a difficult concept to understand. From a team perspective, there was zero RNG. Kill boss, team is now better equipped.

Do you find it coincidental that two MMOs that got off to very bad starts (FFXIV and ESO), actually listened to the complaints and responded by fixing them (FFXIV with ARR and ESO with One Tamriel) and suddenly those titles not only turned around, they are growing?

I have been beta tester in ESO. It started in a most horrible way, they lost huge tons of players. Then they smarted up.

This "smarted up" detail, hopefully is going to happen in SWTOR too. Hopefully before it's too late.

• 4 weeks later...
If I remember right, the devs said that February's changes were only the beginning. Since February is nearly over, any chance the dev team can elaborate on what they plan to do next? I am hoping they change the token drop rates in operations. Not drastically, but I feel the pre-final boss fight drop rates could be improved. Or the content of Galactic Command crates. Someone suggested that every 20 GC levels gets you a guaranteed piece of set bonus gear in a crate, that would be pretty cool. Come on Musco, do it for the smiley.:rak_03:

Damage Control, just call it what it is

Just to bump this slightly older post one more time.

I wonder if when they were saying to themselves, lets add another 100 levels to GC. They also thought it would be exciting and the negative backlash was a bit more than they thought. Just like how GC brought negativity with it from the start?

Edited by Quraswren

I would gladly pay for expansions too. I have no idea why BWA gives out free expansions to subscribers. "Shut up and take my money!" to add real content to the game.

Why would they do that when we're all foolish enough to accept no new content?

I am more than curious to hear about how they are going to make getting alts to the higher tiers of CXP somewhat smoother ride? It seems crafting and relying on that is the only way for people who actually want to play many alts efficiently on progression. Of course it could be solved by returning the loot drops back to normal as those were before. I'll just call it "command level creep" especially now that the CXP levels are added on top of previous levels. It made me wonder if someone at BW Austion actually did not see the repercussions this might lead to. Reset will eventually happen and that's a shame. They could have put more conceptualization to it and avoid such drastic measures in the not so near future.

Ill pay. I'll gladly pay. Used to pay. Of course they used to release content too.

Exactly. I've said it before and I'll say it again... I'd happily pay for expansions if it meant we got some actual content. I understand developing new content requires time and money. I don't have a problem paying a one time fee (in the form of purchasing an expansion) to subsidize that new content. I think that's fair and reasonable to ask. They really should consider going this route instead of giving us 'expansions' that are in name only, with tiny amounts of new solo content you can breeze through within a day and be done with.

Edited by AscendingSky