Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

You realise that you've done a Quinn in this thread now? We were all full of unforgiving replies to your post and now you're forgiven :D You might even get a thread welcome from HRH Purple Quinn himself :)

Speaking of the Quinncident and Quinn romance, I wonder if I'd be such a fan if he didn't have Mr Teverson's voice? Quinn's voice is everything; imagine Quinn with Pierce's voice or Talos Drellik's voice :eek:

LOL...I actually find that ironic and appreciated :) Thank you!

I also always liked his voice a lot. His voice, and Xanthe Elbrick's (Female Sith Inquisitor) are my two favorite voices in the game.

LOL...I actually find that ironic and appreciated :) Thank you!

I also always liked his voice a lot. His voice, and Xanthe Elbrick's (Female Sith Inquisitor) are my two favorite voices in the game.

I love the female inquisitor's voice. Well not like in a "I want to romance her" way like Quinn but more like "they picked the perfect voice for this character" kind of way.

I want to do an elf on the shelf now. Quinn edition :eek:

Well I didn't do this intentionally, I walked into my room in my stronghold and he just kind of jumped up here... immediately ran back to the bank to get his outfit and tried to replicate. After many tries I got him where I wanted him. How is this for Elf on a shelf?

Edited by Nightfrogger

After over a week with no internet, and avoiding spoilers, I could finally play Copero.

Those of you who wait for Iokath to be "fixed" for customisations to work, we just got proof that they didn't learn anything, and still don't understand customisations are important to us. Raina Temple was not customised, just a default new NPC model used. She became customised only from the moment she was made a companion, probably for agents not to lose the existing influence. If not that, I'm sure she wouldn't be customised at all.

Tells me all I need to know about future "meaningful returns." I'll get strangers. :(

After over a week with no internet, and avoiding spoilers, I could finally play Copero.

Those of you who wait for Iokath to be "fixed" for customisations to work, we just got proof that they didn't learn anything, and still don't understand customisations are important to us. Raina Temple was not customised, just a default new NPC model used. She became customised only from the moment she was made a companion, probably for agents not to lose the existing influence. If not that, I'm sure she wouldn't be customised at all.

Tells me all I need to know about future "meaningful returns." I'll get strangers. :(

Yeah, that sucks. I would've hoped that they'd fix that. Customizations are important. :/ On the upside, I suppose, is that they're going to drop the HP on all those blasted mobs, but yeah, it doesn't look like they care about what we want/like for our companions.

I don't understand how they could possibly screw up again. Customizations worked for returning companions in chapters! (Not sure about Alliance Alerts, truth be told.) Why not now? :mad:

I don't understand how they could possibly screw up again. Customizations worked for returning companions in chapters! (Not sure about Alliance Alerts, truth be told.) Why not now? :mad:

exactly! when doing the episodic chapters the customisations worked the entire time. Once they were pressured into stopping the episodic chapters the customisations broke. It could be something to do with how it's all coded, I don't know. Since this is also the time the returned companions became completely different in the sense of Quinn's name-tag for example. Did they completely change how they coded companions or the models into the Iokath on onwards returns and so impossible/hard to not break the customisation until they are placed into the companion list now?

Edited by Asmodesu

In Alliance Alert they don't work at all. Never.

I dreaded the thought of gossips saying that some comps return in alerts also due to that. Now it seems no difference to story content.

exactly! when doing the episodic chapters the customisations worked the entire time. Once they were pressured into stopping the episodic chapters the customisations broke. It could be something to do with how it's all coded, I don't know. Since this is also the time the returned companions became completely different in the sense of Quinn's name-tag for example. Did they completely change how they coded companions or the models into the Iokath on onwards returns and so impossible/hard to not break the customisation until they are placed into the companion list now?

My guess is they are completely new NPCs in coding that have their look copied from existing comps. Until existing comps are replaced/merged with them, customs don't work. You can call your comp Quinn with new NPC Quinn in the room and have both of them. They are separate creatures.

In chapters comps were always comps, not new NPCs with their looks. They changed that, screwing up customisations. You can't customise Temple in Copero or Quinn in Iokath any more than Baras or Vowraun.

The sad thing is that they couldn't think about results of it in Iokath. People made it clear it was no ok. They did the same thing in Copero again, which makes me certain they don't care at all, and this is going to be the new standard from now on.

I'll just pluck everyone I care about and don't care about from the terminal, because there are no reunions in the future for me. 90% of my comps are customised. Only 1 from those I like returned, and it was the most disappointing return of them all. I don't expect much from the rest.

I sent a PM to Keith about this with pictures to outline what I meant using the various darker skinned & cyborg Quinns. I also followed it up with one about the removal of brown eyes (before there was any mention of a fix). I will not repeat his full reply here, however it was pretty clear he did not care about my view, saw my issue with customisations/eye colour as irrelevant and had zero understanding of why the look of a particular companion customisation is important to me or any other a player. As a result of his reply I am convinced neither Keith or his colleagues give one toss about some of our game preferences, nor the impact personal preference has on our immersion in the story. They have decided to remove our preferred customisations from cutscenes, replace all missing companions with new models and that is that.

I was left with the impression that swtor's staff have altered the game to cater (a) for their personal story preferences and (b) for players who use instant 60+ tokens who will not have played through any of the original class stories / gained the original companions through playing the story. They would only do this if their data suggests the highest number of subscribers comes from the "new" insta-high-level group of players.

Unless they create a "classic" server where anything from KOTFE and beyond does not exist, at the end of my current three month sub I'm probably finished with swtor. It's not so much the lack of action on companion issues; it's their complete lack of acknowledgement that there is a problem - which brings me back to my view that they are catering for a different type of player and the rest of us can eff off.

Edited by Sarova

I sent a PM to Keith about this with pictures to outline what I meant using the various darker skinned & cyborg Quinns. I also followed it up with one about the removal of brown eyes (before there was any mention of a fix). I will not repeat his full reply here, however it was pretty clear he did not care about my view, saw my issue with customisations/eye colour as irrelevant and had zero understanding of why the look of a particular companion customisation is important to me or any other a player. As a result of his reply I am convinced neither Keith or his colleagues give one toss about some of our game preferences, nor the impact personal preference has on our immersion in the story. They have decided to remove our preferred customisations from cutscenes, replace all missing companions with new models and that is that.

That's the saddest thing I read on this forum :(

At least I don't have to dread a broken return of my fave comp, since that's a done deal. Nothing worse can happen... unless they destroy Theron too.

I'll just concentrate on other aspects of the game I enjoy, my fanfic, and give up on comps.

Nothing worse can happen... unless they destroy Theron too

I have a feeling this is coming...:(

I can at least be glad that my other favourite companion/LI - Aric Jorgan - has not been ruined. And they can't do anything to Purple Quinn (who, I might add, it the true God of these forums as far as I am concerned ;) )

Edited by Sarova

That's the saddest thing I read on this forum :(

At least I don't have to dread a broken return of my fave comp, since that's a done deal. Nothing worse can happen... unless they destroy Theron too.

This is incoming. Bioware likes to please those who dislike characters more then those who like them in this game, except for Lana. I see no well written way past this whole arc yet, it's already a mess.

It's sad they went new models route. I only used one customisation, Corso, on main class characters but I know others didn't like any of the default looks so I'm all "the character's default look is the real character (to me) but others have used the available customisations and should still see their choice in the scenes"

it's the first meeting the character stuff all over again since once recruited, just like class stories, you can then add customisation, but not before. Just annoying how they've made it after you're character's known them for years and gotta go through that "first meeting" style thing again.

Edited by Asmodesu

I have a feeling this is coming...:(

I can at least be glad that my other favourite companion/LI - Aric Jorgan - has not been ruined. And they can't do anything to Purple Quinn (who, I might add, it the true God of these forums as far as I am concerned ;) )

"There's only one God, ma'am! ...and I'm pretty sure He doesn't dress like that." :p

I was left with the impression that swtor's staff have altered the game to cater (a) for their personal story preferences and (b) for players who use instant 60+ tokens who will not have played through any of the original class stories / gained the original companions through playing the story. They would only do this if their data suggests the highest number of subscribers comes from the "new" insta-high-level group of players.

Unless they create a "classic" server where anything from KOTFE and beyond does not exist, at the end of my current three month sub I'm probably finished with swtor. It's not so much the lack of action on companion issues; it's their complete lack of acknowledgement that there is a problem - which brings me back to my view that they are catering for a different type of player and the rest of us can eff off.

That's... holy crud. :( Do they not understand that the vanilla game is still incredibly impactful on the rest of the game? Nevermind just the stories - the characters, too. It's been hit and miss with companion returns, but they've gone sharply downhill since KOTFE ended...and yet it's one of the, if not THE, biggest concerns of players. Having companions shunted aside is so incredibly disappointing. And it's not just their returns, but who, specifically, is returning. Vette (for me) is a dark-blue-skinned lady with black markings on her lekku and cheeks, and violet eyes. Not this powder-blue twi'lek with brown eyes and faint lekku markings. I was thrilled to see *my* Vette come back with my warrior...and felt like a stranger took her place for everyone else. I can't even imagine romancing Quinn, Dorne, or Temple and suddenly kissing a stranger because their customization didn't show up. >_< How do they not understand that?

Characters make this game, and companions - and how they look - are not magically exempt from that.

...at the very, very least...we have headcanon and fanfiction and fan art, but that's a pretty poor substitute at times. :(