Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

With all the Sith I play, I actually put a lot effort into each of their personalities. The one I mentioned here is a dark V vengeful Sith, I also have a Sith who was dark until he fell in love with Vette and she slowly turned him to the light side. I have another who can't decide from day to day if she's light or dark and flip flops. I have over 20 alts (some male, some female) in fact and no two are alike in personality and each has a deep backstory.

Obviously my mistake was a glib response which I thought was light hearted but instead started a hate chain and gave the wrong impression. My bad and my apologies, going back to playing now :) Enjoy the game.

To be fair, if you were trying to be lighthearted, then hunting down a post that insulted the people in this thread and quoting it was probably not the best way to go about it.

I too was thrilled to get Quinn back...so my Sith Marauder could finally drive her lightsaber through him like she wanted to when he broke her heart :) A chance for the relationship to end the way it should have when someone betrays a dark V Sith!

That preference does not belong in this thread. Why come into the Quinn love thread to spew your hate when there is an entire thread devoted to the "I wanted him dead haters" :mad: Your idea of light-heartedness is not welcome in here. Begone.

I fail to understand why the Quinn haters/killers who post here and claim to not be trolling think their kill and hate comments will be welcome in a love thread. Does stuff like that happen in the other love threads?

Edited by Sarova

He looks better with the blonde hair customization....

but then again I'm a heterosexual male who is blonde and basically he looks a lot like me irl with blonde hair and sans that weird mole on his face lol

Are you referring to the cybernetic customization? I use that one myself quite a bit and like it. Welcome to the thread and thanks for sharing your bit about sharing Quinn's looks. Sans weird mole of course lol. :)

Point well taken, and again. My bad.

Hi, you probably would've gotten a more friendly response, if you'd shared a more positive Quinn experience. Many of us, myself included have gotten a bit touchy over the years, because there are always people who will mock us or say mean things just to troll us and your initial (first contact) remark came across like so many of the trolls we get in here from time to time.

Either way, I get that jokes don't always translate, I had a similar experience myself recently, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say hello. You have a lot of alts with distinct personalities, have you any that get along well with Quinn, or is there anything you admire about him? :)

Edited by Lunafox

He looks better with the blonde hair customization....

but then again I'm a heterosexual male who is blonde and basically he looks a lot like me irl with blonde hair and sans that weird mole on his face lol

So what you're saying is that you're more gorgeous than Malavai Quinn? Pics or it didn't happen.

Hi, you probably would've gotten a more friendly response, if you'd shared a more positive Quinn experience. Many of us, myself included have gotten a bit touchy over the years, because there are always people who will mock us or say mean things just to troll us and your initial (first contact) remark came across like so many of the trolls we get in here from time to time.

Either way, I get that jokes don't always translate, I had a similar experience myself recently, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say hello. You have a lot of alts with distinct personalities, have you any that get along well with Quinn, or is there anything you admire about him? :)

Thanks, I appreciate that , and hello back :) Actually, up until the moment of the "incident" my first Sith (the Marauder I previously mentioned) saw him as one of the best companions she had and she had a great romance with him. This was also back in the day when companions were very specified, and his healing abilities were fantastic, so he was always her companion of choice. When Quinn and Vette "butted heads" in the story, she always took his side, and she considered him a "perfect Imperial officer". My male Juggernaut actually forgave Quinn very fast after the "incident", seeing his actions as something he'd have done in his place, and when reunited with him on Iokath, Quinn was welcomed back as a trusted companion (this was my Sith whose heart was softened by Vette). My third Sith Warrior (female Marauder as well), is still leveling and has yet to encounter the "incident" :)

My male Juggernaut actually forgave Quinn very fast after the "incident", seeing his actions as something he'd have done in his place, and when reunited with him on Iokath, Quinn was welcomed back as a trusted companion

I've never played a male Warrior so it's interesting to see what options people who have take with Quinn (when friendship rather than romance is the option). You realise that you've done a Quinn in this thread now? We were all full of unforgiving replies to your post and now you're forgiven :D You might even get a thread welcome from HRH Purple Quinn himself :)

Speaking of the Quinncident and Quinn romance, I wonder if I'd be such a fan if he didn't have Mr Teverson's voice? Quinn's voice is everything; imagine Quinn with Pierce's voice or Talos Drellik's voice :eek:

I've never played a male Warrior so it's interesting to see what options people who have take with Quinn (when friendship rather than romance is the option). You realise that you've done a Quinn in this thread now? We were all full of unforgiving replies to your post and now you're forgiven :D You might even get a thread welcome from HRH Purple Quinn himself :)

Speaking of the Quinncident and Quinn romance, I wonder if I'd be such a fan if he didn't have Mr Teverson's voice? Quinn's voice is everything; imagine Quinn with Pierce's voice or Talos Drellik's voice :eek:

Mr. Teverson is easily guilty of at least 60% of Quinn's overall sexiness. The rest being a combination of nice aesthetics... (a really cute butt, amazing eyes and, sigh), and of course the story and lines they gave him, his base character development Bioware provided. Or well, Neil really.

I would prefer not to imagine Quinn with Pierce's voice, that's some scary stuff. :o

Thanks, I appreciate that , and hello back :) Actually, up until the moment of the "incident" my first Sith (the Marauder I previously mentioned) saw him as one of the best companions she had and she had a great romance with him. This was also back in the day when companions were very specified, and his healing abilities were fantastic, so he was always her companion of choice. When Quinn and Vette "butted heads" in the story, she always took his side, and she considered him a "perfect Imperial officer". My male Juggernaut actually forgave Quinn very fast after the "incident", seeing his actions as something he'd have done in his place, and when reunited with him on Iokath, Quinn was welcomed back as a trusted companion (this was my Sith whose heart was softened by Vette). My third Sith Warrior (female Marauder as well), is still leveling and has yet to encounter the "incident" :)

Anytime :) I remember when the companions were discipline specific and I ran him all the time too. I thought he was the best healer the game had to offer, even better than Mako (who my hubby liked). I have several SWs too, and while I've played them in varying degrees, I always forgave Quinn. Worst I did was have my toon lose her temper and smack him around, throw him against the wall, but she forgave him. Some took longer to forgive, and some forgave straightaway. I figured as a Sith she would understand that he was being used and that he did what he could to not betray SW, no matter what Baras said. He did after all sick droids at her. I think he fully expected to die, he didn't expect to come out of that alive. I just wish we would've gotten better conversations with him after that, where we could've said to him...'you should've come to me, we could've figured out a better way,' especially when you're married to him, which I was at the point of the betrayal, because naively I thought (on my first play through) if I fed him enough gifts that he would magically not betray me lol.

I'm glad to hear that some of your SWs forgave him and managed to make it work out. He really is an amazing and complicated character and for me he makes the SW story one of the better ones in the game. :)

Mr. Teverson is easily guilty of at least 60% of Quinn's overall sexiness. The rest being a combination of nice aesthetics... (a really cute butt, amazing eyes and, sigh), and of course the story and lines they gave him, his base character development Bioware provided. Or well, Neil really.

I would prefer not to imagine Quinn with Pierce's voice, that's some scary stuff. :o

I agree with you and Sarova, Richard Teverson is a large part of why Quinn is so dreamy. Nice appearances, dedicated, professional, protective, intelligent and possessed of a dry wit. He's the whole package. :D I'd probably give Mr. Teverson about 75% credit for making him what he is. He really brought the character to life.

I just wish we would've gotten better conversations with him after that, where we could've said to him...'you should've come to me, we could've figured out a better way,' especially when you're married to him, which I was at the point of the betrayal, because naively I thought (on my first play through) if I fed him enough gifts that he would magically not betray me lol.

I agree with you and Sarova, Richard Teverson is a large part of why Quinn is so dreamy. Nice appearances, dedicated, professional, protective, intelligent and possessed of a dry wit. He's the whole package. :D I'd probably give Mr. Teverson about 75% credit for making him what he is. He really brought the character to life.

My play through was the same. I knew he betrayed the warrior before I even got to that point, and I thought if I had him at rank 10 he wouldn't betray me. So I spent tons of credits getting him to rank 10. Married him. And Baras still used him against me. The romance arc now is by story progression not by affection and you can't go into the Quinncident married to him, which is a shame. I actually like it better being married to him before Baras is out of the way, instead of after.

His voice is so much of what makes Quinn, Quinn. I have a clone, and while he looks like Quinn, he doesn't sound like Quinn. He is a bounty hunter, so his voice is so far off. Not really swoon worthy. I am going to give Richard Teverson 80% credit. :D

Oh, and I just had to share this with you all, I hope that you get a kick out of it. I did.

So my real name is Rachel. Tonight a guy came into my work and needed help finding something, when I got done explaining it to him he asked me for my name. When he saw my name badge he complimented my name. He said he liked the way that it is spelled, it is efficient. No extra letters where they are not needed. When he walked away I couldn't stop giggling because it was such a Quinn thing to say.

My play through was the same. I knew he betrayed the warrior before I even got to that point, and I thought if I had him at rank 10 he wouldn't betray me. So I spent tons of credits getting him to rank 10. Married him. And Baras still used him against me. The romance arc now is by story progression not by affection and you can't go into the Quinncident married to him, which is a shame. I actually like it better being married to him before Baras is out of the way, instead of after.

His voice is so much of what makes Quinn, Quinn. I have a clone, and while he looks like Quinn, he doesn't sound like Quinn. He is a bounty hunter, so his voice is so far off. Not really swoon worthy. I am going to give Richard Teverson 80% credit. :D

In a way, it's too bad that you can't control the plot anymore, but on the other hand, it's probably slightly less painful not to be married to him when he does this, and probably more believable. If he marries you, odds are he loves you and would confide about the situation and then SW and Quinn could devise a plan against Baras, which I prefer actually. It would make more sense.

It's not quite the same to have a different voice...my Quinn clone is a SW Mara and while he sounds lovely, he's not quite Quinn, but it works out, because I headcanon him as Quinn and my warrior's son. :)

Oh, and I just had to share this with you all, I hope that you get a kick out of it. I did.

So my real name is Rachel. Tonight a guy came into my work and needed help finding something, when I got done explaining it to him he asked me for my name. When he saw my name badge he complimented my name. He said he liked the way that it is spelled, it is efficient. No extra letters where they are not needed. When he walked away I couldn't stop giggling because it was such a Quinn thing to say.

That's cool :D Now, is he cute? He sounds awesome lol. You could have a real life Quinn on your hands! :cool:

In a way, it's too bad that you can't control the plot anymore, but on the other hand, it's probably slightly less painful not to be married to him when he does this, and probably more believable. If he marries you, odds are he loves you and would confide about the situation and then SW and Quinn could devise a plan against Baras, which I prefer actually. It would make more sense.

It's not quite the same to have a different voice...my Quinn clone is a SW Mara and while he sounds lovely, he's not quite Quinn, but it works out, because I headcanon him as Quinn and my warrior's son. :)

That's cool :D Now, is he cute? He sounds awesome lol. You could have a real life Quinn on your hands! :cool:

I think I just liked being married to him longer in my story than now having to wait until the end, honestly. <3

The guy was cute, but like Torian cute. He was quite a bit younger than me, lol.

Was playing again. Admiral Malcontent taking out Moff Loopy, and allowing Malavai to take out the republic spy.. oomph he's delightfully bloodthirsty and intense.

That is one of my favorite parts of Quinn's story. :D

Edited by rachetsw

I think I just liked being married to him longer in my story than now having to wait until the end, honestly. <3

The guy was cute, but like Torian cute. He was quite a bit younger than me, lol.

That is one of my favorite parts of Quinn's story. :D

He hee, well, that's still good I guess. :D Torian has grown on me over the years, but he's no where to the level of Malavai, Theron and Vector and Scourge.

I liked that part of Quinn's story too, but my favorite was on Balmorra when he told off that snooty Jedi Mashalon. That was the best. :D

What always amuses me are the detractors who talk about how emotionless Quinn is. Umm... hello? Did you actually watch the cut-scenes? He is perhaps the most emotional companion we have!

He certainly has more character growth and development than any of the others... and we love him for it :)

Preparing for Christmas by making a new outfit. My trooper has never had a dress, so she's celebrating the season with a winter outfit and coordinating Quinn. (And yay! This one doesn't clip with her bt4 booty!) Unfortunately the lighting in my Tatooine Christmas room isn't the best. And man, I'm getting tired of having to use deco Quinn. I wish the real one would pose better and stop squirming! Edited by Damask_Rose

Preparing for Christmas by making a new outfit. My trooper has never had a dress, so she's celebrating the season with a winter outfit and coordinating Quinn. (And yay! This one doesn't clip with her bt4 booty!) Unfortunately the lighting in my Tatooine Christmas room isn't the best. And man, I'm getting tired of having to use deco Quinn. I wish the real one would pose better and stop squirming!

I could help with that if you want ;)

Preparing for Christmas by making a new outfit. My trooper has never had a dress, so she's celebrating the season with a winter outfit and coordinating Quinn. (And yay! This one doesn't clip with her bt4 booty!) Unfortunately the lighting in my Tatooine Christmas room isn't the best. And man, I'm getting tired of having to use deco Quinn. I wish the real one would pose better and stop squirming!

That looks really cute and lovely! :)

Yay! It's time for Christmas/Life Day outfits! :D Can't wait to see all the screenies. Gotta get working on one myself :D

That looks really great, I love it. And like you, I too wish that Companion Quinn wouldn't squirm and leap and move away five paces when I want to get close for a selfie with him. :D

My attempt at a festive Quinn screen shot... other than the wrapped up in ribbons one ;)

Aw! That's so cute :D He looks like one of Baras' elves. I mean, Santa. I can totally picture Baras in a Santa suit though, he could pull it off lol. Love it!