January Livestream Plans

EricMusco

Hey folks!

First off, Happy 2017 everyone. I wanted to make a quick post with our stream schedule for the month of January.

• Tomorrow, January 5th (same time as usual at 2PM Pacific) - A quick hello from the stream dream team. We will review the 5-year anniversary, talk about what is coming in the 1/24 Update(GU 5.1) and answer any questions!
  • Thursday, January 26th - We will talk about what is on the horizon after Game Update 5.1 on 1/24.

With that said, I will see all of you tomorrow for our first stream of 2017!

-eric

Please make the left side gear alt friendly aka relics, ear peaces. Implants. were tired of having to re grind the left side of our character sheet with every alt...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, I'm very worried by Ben's statement during his last interview, that you are looking at 5.0 data to determine what content to develop next. People are not running Uprisings because they like them but because they give so much CXP. Same goes for PvP/GSF, those are popular because they give a lot of CXP. Flashpoints and operations are not being run so much because of the low CXP, not because no one likes them.

So please don't tell us "Uprisings are very popular, so we are going to develop more of them."

This is a pretty good point. Looking at metrics to tell what people want is of no use if the system is heavily skewed in favor of what is currently "approved" play. Metrics are good for refining a system, but, so far, I don't think it is good for planning for the future.

Metrics are numbers not motivations. They can be interpreted incorrectly. More importantly, if players dislike the direction a system is going in, no amount of "but the metrics said..." is going to salvage that situation. However, if you put everything on equal footing in terms of reward for time spent, I think you will better see what people trend towards.

This is a pretty good point. Looking at metrics to tell what people want is of no use if the system is heavily skewed in favor of what is currently "approved" play. Metrics are good for refining a system, but, so far, I don't think it is good for planning for the future.

Metrics are numbers not motivations. They can be interpreted incorrectly. More importantly, if players dislike the direction a system is going in, no amount of "but the metrics said..." is going to salvage that situation. However, if you put everything on equal footing in terms of reward for time spent, I think you will better see what people trend towards.

BW is very good at setting up events or other conditions to get players doing what BW wants them to do, then looking at "metrics" and using those to justify doing what they wanted to do from the beginning. Somehow they are then surprised when players get upset, or in the case of the latest fiasco, leave the game and take their money with them. I don't believe they do this out of ignorance, i believe they do it so they can justify their actions to management and cover their butts when it blows up.

Is this stream about the new group content or is the group content stream that one on January 26? :ph_cheers:

This one is another attempt at damage control. They'll talk about having a stream about talking about group content and "answer questions" which means ignoring the major issues that have people like me unsubbed and playing other games.

BW is very good at setting up events or other conditions to get players doing what BW wants them to do, then looking at "metrics" and using those to justify doing what they wanted to do from the beginning. Somehow they are then surprised when players get upset, or in the case of the latest fiasco, leave the game and take their money with them. I don't believe they do this out of ignorance, i believe they do it so they can justify their actions to management and cover their butts when it blows up.

It seems almost deliberate, exactly. A nice little bit of phrasing and framing can make it seem "better," but it seems intentional.

Either that or they seriously need someone to explain the issue with going off of metrics when there's only two or three effective ways to play the game.

This one is another attempt at damage control. They'll talk about having a stream about talking about group content and "answer questions" which means ignoring the major issues that have people like me unsubbed and playing other games.

This live stream seems to end in a way like fire meet gasoline

This live stream seems to end in a way like fire meet gasoline

They have a chance to put the fire out. But they have to admit they totally screwed up and they have to say they are getting rid of GC as the end-game gearing method for end-game players. They have a couple of options that have detailed in other posts. Anything else, and i expect you're right.

Will you guys finally address why you didn't even acknowledge Carrie Fisher's death?

They may not, but I will for you...It happened while the company was closed for the holidays. She died, it sucks...but her character and her characters legacy is still alive in every way.

What did you want them to do exactly - come to the forums and confirm she had passed? Maybe dedicate an entire planet to the Organa Legacy?

My point is...they have other things to do. She wasn't associated with this game nor the games developers in any way. It would be nice for the fans if they did something, but I'm as big of a Star Wars nerd as there is and I don't see any reason for them to do more than they already have in this game...

This is exactly what I too expect...sadly.

They may not, but I will for you...It happened while the company was closed for the holidays. She died, it sucks...but her character and her characters legacy is still alive in every way.

What did you want them to do exactly - come to the forums and confirm she had passed? Maybe dedicate an entire planet to the Organa Legacy?

My point is...they have other things to do. She wasn't associated with this game nor the games developers in any way. It would be nice for the fans if they did something, but I'm as big of a Star Wars nerd as there is and I don't see any reason for them to do more than they already have in this game...

This is exactly what I too expect...sadly.

I think you're missing the point completely.

Then here's your chance to explain it to me...

SWTOR is the only active Star Wars MMO on the market. The fact that you are more likely to see a Carrie Fisher tribute in WoW or STO - and now Elite Dangerous, is symptomatic of a much larger problem at BWA. It speaks to a disconnect between the playerbase and the devs.

In the grand scheme of things, you're right, it's not that big of a deal. And this community has already taken care of the tributes on Alderaan. But it's a snapshot of how BioWare seems to not care about the community and has an overall lack of enthusiasm for the game or being part of the Star Wars family, even if it's not canon. It still carries the Star Wars name.

It's just tacky.

SWTOR is the only active Star Wars MMO on the market. The fact that you are more likely to see a Carrie Fisher tribute in WoW or STO - and now Elite Dangerous, is symptomatic of a much larger problem at BWA. It speaks to a disconnect between the playerbase and the devs.

In the grand scheme of things, you're right, it's not that big of a deal. And this community has already taken care of the tributes on Alderaan. But it's a snapshot of how BioWare seems to not care about the community and has an overall lack of enthusiasm for the game or being part of the Star Wars family, even if it's not canon. It still carries the Star Wars name.

It's just tacky.

I agree with everything you've said, especially your last part...but I still don't see why it's so important for the Devs to mention it. It's a personal time for the Fisher family, and a VERY difficult one for them...I would almost feel like Bioware was capitalizing on her death if they used this as a reason for some positive PR vs. a launch of a movie...which they've missed 2 now.

I agree with everything you've said, especially your last part...but I still don't see why it's so important for the Devs to mention it. It's a personal time for the Fisher family, and a VERY difficult one for them...I would almost feel like Bioware was capitalizing on her death if they used this as a reason for some positive PR vs. a launch of a movie...which they've missed 2 now.

To be fair, I actually agree that it's a much bigger deal that they didn't capitalize on The Force Awakens and Rogue One in some way. And I made posts about that too.

Again, it's just a lack of engagement with the Star Wars IP.

To be fair, I actually agree that it's a much bigger deal that they didn't capitalize on The Force Awakens and Rogue One in some way. And I made posts about that too.

Again, it's just a lack of engagement with the Star Wars IP.

Agreed. Your point here...

But it's a snapshot of how BioWare seems to not care about the community and has an overall lack of enthusiasm for the game or being part of the Star Wars family, even if it's not canon.
...absolutely struck home with me. They're part of a very elite and very exclusive group of people who get to play around with a fantasy world enjoyed by generations of fans...their lack of any visible sign of appreciation or enjoyment for what they are a part of, is mind boggling.

Seems they still think they can clean the mess up by "analyzing magic metrics" and doing "emergency" live streams after "emergency live streams".

Disgruntled customers and alienated player base not paying their subs anymore, I guess the guys will find this very ... exciting !

Edited by SIDIOUSFAN

Funny, most people want:

1) Carrie Fisher to be mentioned;

2) Companions added back;

3) Discussion on future group content.

Way down the list of issues is CXP and RNG. Just goes to show you most people like it.

No, it actually means a lot of the angry people are no longer here. The rest of us are on the way out, so don't worry, you won't have to listen for much longer.

Funny, most people want:

1) Carrie Fisher to be mentioned;

2) Companions added back;

3) Discussion on future group content.

Way down the list of issues is CXP and RNG. Just goes to show you most people like it.

Nope just means we assume they will ignore us as they have since the start. Why expect that to change? But hey you feel free to keep making up your own facts.

Even if the devs are going to drop the ball (again) for raiders in 5.1, I hope they at least make the game alt friendly again.

I'd like to play on my alts without feeling like I'm wasting CXP.

I'll say grats to the PvP community at least, since gearing in PvP is going to completely rek gearing in PvE. It's the PvP era now ******es.