What are your gripes with the game at the moment?

LordArtemis

I think it is likely that Bioware would not share that opinion...

General discussion of the game, yes. I am unsure if you're trying to make a point or are serious about your confusion.

Thanks for your replies so far guys, good reading.

Artemis, he was simply saying in a cheeky way that your thread is kind of irrelevant because this whole forum is where most players dump their gripes. :p

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RNG gearing and the lack of new group content is all - no need to complicate it beyond that.

We didn't play just to get gear prior to 5.0...we played because we liked the game and it was an easy game to have multiple 'main' toons in...but now, the whole RNG/CXP gearing crap is just highlighting how little has been added and how little there is to do after completing a few things.

This is it.

Ah, fair enough.

Yeah I was being a butt :o

My main gripe is that GSF isn't legacy and if this is [VETERAN] mode for chapters... what the heck is [MASTER] mode gonna do to us? Kick our pets and delete our hard drives?

Edited by Lionflash

-- Cartel GAMBLING packs are so stupid and terrible and a shameless money grab from addicts

-- Command System GAMBLING packs are so stupid and terrible

-- Alliance GAMBLING crates are so stupid and terrible

-- Cartel Dyes don't unlock in collections

-- Tunings don't unlock in collections

-- Cartel Certificates are gone after spending thousands of actual dollars on Cartel Reputation

-- The Legacy system has been abandoned and is useless

-- PvP is a terrble joke of a freeze tag mini game (STUN STUN SNARE STUN KNOCKBACK STUN)

-- Ranked PvP is stupid

-- We pay $15 to get access to GAMBLING packs

-- Weapons are not part of the outfit customization system

-- Companions can't have multiple outfits

-- New companions can't be customized at all

-- Companions don't gain XP/influence the way characters do. You feed them trinkets??????

My biggest point of complaint these times is that the "tiunkering asspect" of the game has been completely eradicated. No tinkering = no fun for me (and "tinkering" involves to me giving Comnpoanions armor, yes, even Droids ! and having to outfit that with the proper modifications ... That most KOTFE Companions cannot be outfitted at all was a slap into my face, so to say, personally.

To sum it up : Although I really, really like the "story-telling" aspect of SWTOR, its streamlining sucked most fun - for me - out of it.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I wanted to list my main gripes with the game in it's current state...I will try to keep the list brief.

1) Removal of too much gear from the game.

2) Influence grind has become REALLY tedious.

3) GC was a good idea (IMO) designed and implemented in poor fashion with little insight.

4) Bugs that continue to persist, including the recent preview window bug.

5) Too many changes to crafting and character abilities in the last year.

6) Combination of level 9 and 10 crafting material spawns in KotFE areas.

7) Abandonment of Stronghold and GSF development.

8) Lack of Heroic streamlining (bottlenecks persist, heroics removed on Makeb and Illum).

9) Recent disconnection and lag issues.

10) No replay mechanic for original leveling content, nor difficulty setting.

11) Lack of Legacy wallet/bank.

12) The fact that most of the resource spawn areas for level 9 and 10 crafting supplies are gated.

13) Lack of complete return of all companions by the terminal when KotFE is started/finished.

14) Lack of ability to decorate Alliance HQ or throne room, and decorate/use Gravestone as personal starship.

15) Lost opportunities to give players bonus creature/droid companions in KotFE/KotET.

Those are my major gripes with the game at present. I would like to read the lists of others, if you are willing to share them. I may add more to this list later.

1) Removal of too much gear from the game.

Where's the Deceiver armor? Still waiting for it to return. People have been asking for it for more than a year.

4) Bugs that continue to persist, including the recent preview window bug.

Nadia is waving a dual-bladed lightsaber around in cutscenes when she is supposed to be holding a gun. It really ruins immersion. Your character isn't even supposed to know she has force powers yet, what gives? And this is just one of a plethora of unadressed bugs.

7) Abandonment of Stronghold and GSF development.

This is a major grief for me. I love designing things in my strongholds. No new strongholds, badly lit decorations, bugged decorations and decorations that would be so good in certain places but are unusable because they don't accomodate enough hook types.

14) Lack of ability to decorate Alliance HQ or throne room, and decorate/use Gravestone as personal starship.

Yep. That would be so cool.

Let me add

16) No new cosmetic options, no eyebrow color matching hair color.

17) The urge to slap ugly metal pieces (or butt flaps or barf bags) on what would otherwise be great cartel market armor. The armor based on Lana's is the latest shining example. What is that arrow thing on the chestpiece? Idek.

18) The bland character textures of your character's face compared to NPC's like Lana & Senya

19) Lana Beniko being continually favored over Theron Shan

20) The flashpoint decoration nerf: you would have to pay millions now to get certain flashpoint decoration, if they even appear on the GTN at all

21) The way Shae Vizla was handled. My shadow's like, oh well you attacked the heart of the Galactic Republic and caused innocents - even children - to be slaughtered by a monster but hey, we're a-ok. My warrior would have killed her for her insolence. Instead she gets to walk.

Edit because I read through the thread and found some other major gripes:

- Lack of communication from the devs; [...] Streams tend to feel like they're saying tons without ever actually telling us anything and I do 'hate' their avoidance on certain sensitive subjects like the way they've been ignoring further discussion on companions which again I understand but it's also aggravating.

- Over focus on Cartel Market;

- Wasting time and resources on questionable changes;

-- Cartel Dyes don't unlock in collections

-- Tunings don't unlock in collections

-- Cartel Certificates are gone

-- The Legacy system has been abandoned and is useless

-- We pay $15 to get access to GAMBLING packs

-- New companions can't be customized at all

Edited by RevansSoul

21) The way Shae Vizla was handled. My shadow's like, oh well you attacked the heart of the Galactic Republic and caused innocents - even children - to be slaughtered by a monster but hey, we're a-ok. My warrior would have killed her for her insolence. Instead she gets to walk.

I forgot she was part of that battle! Now I'm having second thoughts about her as a companion.

My gripe is the complete and total FUBAR done to LS/DS points. I mean it takes 10000 to reach LS/DS1 which is crazy. Especially when you get pretty much crap from the quests now. It is screwing with the existing storylines currently.

I'd really like to see this entire DvL crap just go away.

1. Nowhere to go, nothing fun to do after KOTET. It's like the endgame is just the act of your toon falling off the edge of the world into a void of nothingness.

2.Its been 2 freaking years WHERE are my companions.

3. The Satanic nerf: BW oh I see you like that class NERF, oh I see you like that skill NERF, saving up for an outfit using crystals NERF oh and outfit removed, oh I see you like that combat skill NERF

What's the point of doing ANYTHING when BW will just take it away tomorrow.

4. No meaningful information proved by the game on how to armor properly, the difference between tactical vs veteran vs hard mode vs master, etc. At least the player base is nice so I have people who will tell me when I am screwing up.

in descending order;

1) ABANDONING RAID CONTENT: DID WE NOT TREAT YOU WELL 1.0-3.0?! FFS WE STUCK WITH YOU AFTER THAT CRAP LAUNCH!!!

2) NOT ADDRESS YOUR ENGINE AT ALL! UPDATE THE DAM BETA AND ALLOW IT TO FUNCTION AT IT'S POTENT SO YOU CAN HAVE AN MMO PLAYABLE AT MMO POPULATIONS!

3) ACT LIKE YOU GIVE A DAM ABOUT THIS GAME SURVIVING

I would add no open world pvp, but that is just to mmo devs in general... what happen to the days of 20-50 people fighting in open lands over their cities for hours...

oh yes because no one talks about DAOC or EQ1-2 or SWG... oh wait yeah they do!

give me a little dam sandbox in my game devs!

All I have to show for 30-odd CXP crates is 2 ( two!) pieces of Purple Jawa junk. The rest dot disintegrated into star-dust.

Lucky I got 11/14 bits of gear equipped early on, and I can fall back on old 208 PVP stuff for the Set-bonus.

That and the fact that I'm edging closer to the boredom I was getting back in the Autumn. - Coz.... No more story to do and no more uprisings to complete.... Guild is a ghost-town.... PvP a washout.

Only GSF continues to amuse and surprise me.... but it badly needs some love ATM - that's the biggest kicker.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

My biggest gripe is the lack of PvP meta in this game. Or maybe what I really mean is RvR (Sith vs Republic).

These are big mechanics, and will never see the light of day in this game, but I always thought the most obvious use of strongholds and flagships never happened: base attacks/defense.

I don't think they necessarily need to be PvP, probably better they aren't as a matter of fact, but it would be excellent to take an ops group into a type of battle scenario where it's flagship versus flagship. The battle starts out with GSF in the exterior. Troop transports would need to be added.

Skirmish between the two ships with fighters and bombers, complete some type of objective to allow a boarding party to gain access, and then fly a troop transport over to the enemy ship and dock. Now you can spawn inside the troop transport and gain access to the enemy flagship's interior. You fight through various defenses and mobs specific to faction and their size and composition would be setup by the flagship's owner guild ahead of time.

While players are spawning into the troop transport and entering the enemy flagship the enemy's flagship forces would respond both inside by mobilizing to push the attackers back and outside by targeting the troop transport. Once the transport is lost ground troops can no longer spawn and board the enemy flagship.

Then have a series of critical system objectives inside the flagship. Allow the attackers to either cripple or destroy. Give them more objectives than is necessary to do either (so it doesn't always have to be a completely linear process for objective A, then B, then C, then D; it would be a few possible combinations to cripple and a few different possible combinations to destroy).

Attackers have a specific asset count going into battle. Maybe even use a Battlefield style tickets system. Make sure the defenders always have a solid shot (make it easier to defend than to attack).

You could have a similar setup with guild strongholds. Let guilds publish their flagships and strongholds to be used in the war. Make victory and defeat matter.

Make Empire versus Republic matter. PvP, PvE, whatever; make it matter and make it player built content that utilizes these giant grinds many of us end up in. I don't care about Zakuul, I don't care about the Eternal Throne, I don't care about any form the Sith emperor takes; lets turn this cold war into a red hot one.

Edited by Cavadus

Ok so my gripes with the game are (from my viewpoint of a casual soloist):-

1) The removal of too many gear vendors, when I play a game I love immersing myself in the world I am playing and this extends to having my toon and their companions gear exactly how I like them now my options are limited to pretty much cartel market and my opinion on the cartel market isn't always great ie I feel they spoil too many good sets with giving them a aerial on their back, huge shoulder pads or backpacks etc and my opinion on cartel weapons are that they all need shrinking by at least 10%.

I understand that Bioware felt that the stats did not convert well when 4.0 was launched but since we have outfit designer and that companions gain no stats from gear it's not a good enough reason in my opinion to have removed the vendors from the game.

2) Bugs - Now while things like the preview window glitch is annoying, it's not quite what I am thinking, I am specifically thinking of the Lana romance bug, considering 4.0 and 5.0 (so far) have been story-centric it is a huge bug to have left unfixed.

In fact it is a huge reason I am put off runing toons through kotfe if not keeping a vanilla romance going as I don't want to rush levelling to chapter 9 just because Bioware can't acknowledge or fix it.

3) Galactic Command - Now its not coming from a raider or pvp player but this system will still be broke for players like me after 5.1's fix (ie no unnassembled bits at all), So I am thinking that after scaling things like Eternal championship and star fortresses to level 70 with 5.0 the best gear I can obtain outside of galactic command is 210 which after scalling probably means its equivilent to what was previously 190 gear when everything was set to level 65, I personally could not do these with 190 gear in 4.0 so what chance will I have now? I will have to wait until I 'luck' myself into a full set of better rated gear and with the RNG element I don't fancy my chances of doing so any time soon.

At least with 4.0 I could get a set of 208's which was the higher end of solo gear meaning I could almost solo a star fortress as I think I failed my only time due to the bosses self heals.

3) Galactic Command - Now its not coming from a raider or pvp player but this system will still be broke for players like me after 5.1's fix (ie no unnassembled bits at all), So I am thinking that after scaling things like Eternal championship and star fortresses to level 70 with 5.0 the best gear I can obtain outside of galactic command is 210 which after scalling probably means its equivilent to what was previously 190 gear when everything was set to level 65, I personally could not do these with 190 gear in 4.0 so what chance will I have now? I will have to wait until I 'luck' myself into a full set of better rated gear and with the RNG element I don't fancy my chances of doing so any time soon.

At least with 4.0 I could get a set of 208's which was the higher end of solo gear meaning I could almost solo a star fortress as I think I failed my only time due to the bosses self heals.

You can craft better gear with normal (not operations acqiured exotic) mats. Just get your gathering and crafting skills to max and you can have easily 220 rating mods. I'm not in game now, so I can't check but IMO you can craft up to 228 rating mods with normal mats.

You can craft better gear with normal (not operations acqiured exotic) mats. Just get your gathering and crafting skills to max and you can have easily 220 rating mods. I'm not in game now, so I can't check but IMO you can craft up to 228 rating mods with normal mats.

Not quite so easy if you have never really crafted I have like a handful of rank 9 mats (in total) and none at all at rank 10.

Also do these schematics come from vendors or are they the schematics that come from the Random Goddess of command crates?

GC "levels" were a good idea in principle, but they should just give us tokens when we level instead of crates, then we can spend the tokens where we want.

But I'm a pretty casual (Attitude, not time - Been here since beta) PvE player, and I'm here for the story, so I don't really give a monkey's what gear I'm in. A rank 50 healer companion lets me solo pretty much anything in the game I want to, Heroics, Star Fortresses, whatever, in the blue 220s the game hands out like candy.

Mostly, I just want my old companions back, and I want to dress the new ones. I'd like the option to fly around in the Gravestone too. That'd be swell, thanks, BW :)

Edited by Raphael_diSanto

1-no new ops in 2 years

2-cxp boxes ruined my fun to play alts

3-the total abandon of the game by this company

4-did i mention no new ops in mopre then 2 years?

5-persistant slow solution for bugs (its laughable the time they need to fix double procs/stances from classes, bugged mechanics, poorly tuned mechanics on pve content)

6-not having mods in game to react fast to spams, pvp hackers

7-the introduction of rare items, to everybody. they were so hard to work for, only to end up introduced in a cartel market or a minor dimension challenge in pve/pvp.

8-no new flashpoints

9-uprisings are a joke - reused assets with little to no challenge

and these are the ones that come to my mind, its almost, for me to make a reflection if i should keep on subbing - gosh i hate them so much for abandoning the game - this CXP plus no new ops (for me ofc), almost makes me ask for a refund from since 2012 - i feel like i was cheated - they have been delivering poor and poor patches, minor and minor content.

the only good thing from 5.0, for me was the story, but to do it with 24 alts it sucks.

and no, u cant have my stuuff, since i wouldl mostly be giving it to my old friends that would eventually stay on this game

:)