The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Everyone Just Roll Merc

Damedius

If everyone plays merc it will be balanced ;)

Btw got my merc to 70 yesterday, had a commando at 70 before that, imp pvp with a merc is hilarious in regs. The amount of players that continue attacking me as my health bar goes up is great, I even at one point let some players know why they repeatedly lost when they attempted to 1v1 me.

As far as balance goes allowing dps spec to use guard is by far the most broken aspect of PVP atm. You should not be able to drop 3-4 million in damage as well as a 1.5 million in protection. Even on a PT with their crappy defenses I dropped 3 million in damage and a mill in protection. Utterly broken.

Rolled merc and killing everyone)) such an opped class lol. I also noticed they just killed dps pt: dot spec still sucks as before but another dps spec is bad as well now, which means there is no pt dps class left to play :( and sorcs are weak as hell i don't think they needed to be nerfed so much. Operatives have low dps, even lower than before but still difficult to killed... 4.0 balance was much better than this...

I've always had a Merc. Merc was my 3rd class (after sorc and operative) that I got to max level when the level cap was 55.

Any old school pro kiting Merc knows that 5.0 Merc is OP. The re-rollers I see in WZs now have no clue.

What's amusing is you can tell who are the FOTM idiots. There the ones who haven't taken the utilities and they go orange and damage goes through or they just don't bubble pop... then it's complete open season because they just expect to get some immortality boost.

I agree, a merc with atleast one of his of dcds up (i.e shield that heals you) will blow up a mara of equal skill unless he pops undying rage at just the moment. If both the Merc and Mara have all dcds up the merc will win every time if the merc is anywhere close to the skill level of the mara. Edited by Romeugues

Please do. I'm laughing when a Deception Assassin or my Infiltration Shadow find you kiting out in the field alone. I love it. Sit stealth and pick the Merc that strays from the pack. Edited by Iron-Wu

lol, this Merc thing actually got one of my buddies to roll a Merc. He normally only plays force classes, but he was bored.....

We go and play a few midbie rounds and he starts complaining how he hates mercs. Note he didn't die once and was steam rolling other players.

Next round back to a force user.

A skilled player with a FoTM class will normally do well. A newb, not so much.

• 3 weeks later...
all this cookies were juggtanks/sorcsforcebackpedlers/pt's

fact is that mercs are easier to kill than all the other fotms in the past

No they are specifically very hard to kill that is the problem, they have 3 life bars. People called juggs OP when they had 2 life bars. And juggs were melee that didnt do as much damage as a merc from 30m.

Yeah all the former sorcs suck on their mercs but even if you suck you get 3 lifebars and however long it takes to burn through those. ALSO they can heal themselves aside from any DCDs. Juggs cant. Juggs were considered OP. MERCS ARE SUPER OP.

(goes to play his merc)

No they are specifically very hard to kill that is the problem, they have 3 life bars. People called juggs OP when they had 2 life bars. And juggs were melee that didnt do as much damage as a merc from 30m.

Yeah all the former sorcs suck on their mercs but even if you suck you get 3 lifebars and however long it takes to burn through those. ALSO they can heal themselves aside from any DCDs. Juggs cant. Juggs were considered OP. MERCS ARE SUPER OP.

(goes to play his merc)

u can burst a merc/mando while shielded before it goes down. some decent focus make em explode. And lol at ppl that focus them while using the reflect.....then they complain

It's hard to bite my tongue and watch them dominate the 4v4 matches but I just gotta keep saying to myself that they finally *********** deserve something.

They may not have been as under powered as people make them out to be but they have NEVER been given interesting abilities and have generally been ignored. Let them have their day in the sun, besides as mentioned there are so many merc re-rollers that it's gotten easier because most of them are trash.

Kids need to realize FoTM won't make you better, but sheep will be sheep.

Its just the player not the class.

They just happend to be more and more every day and nothing else.

If focused is not hard to kill.

A skilled player from the other side it is hard to kill, but this happens to every class.

Class stacking was always a problem and is in same spot now..

It's hard to bite my tongue and watch them dominate the 4v4 matches but I just gotta keep saying to myself that they finally *********** deserve something.

They may not have been as under powered as people make them out to be but they have NEVER been given interesting abilities and have generally been ignored. Let them have their day in the sun, besides as mentioned there are so many merc re-rollers that it's gotten easier because most of them are trash.

Kids need to realize FoTM won't make you better, but sheep will be sheep.

You know what's not a good and fun way to balance your game around? Poor FoTM players and what ever weird sense of back up compensation you say they "deserve". They are broken right now, and keeping them broken because in the past they weren't amazing isn't good for the game.

How hard is it to not hit merc when the DCD is up?

Do Jugs with reflect and ED give you a hard time too?

No, because that by itself isn't an issue. It's that in combination with all of their other utilities that it becomes an issue. Besides the comparison to jug reflect doesn't even work. You attack a jug with reflect, you get punished. Your teammate attacks a merc with reflect up, everyone gets punished. That and it's up for 6 seconds making them able to heal up regularly anyways unless they are stunned the entire duration.

Edited by Zican

No, because that by itself isn't an issue. It's that in combination with all of their other utilities that it becomes an issue. Besides the comparison to jug reflect doesn't even work. You attack a jug with reflect, you get punished. Your teammate attacks a merc with reflect up, everyone gets punished. That and it's up for 6 seconds making them able to heal up regularly anyways unless they are stunned the entire duration.

I also mentioned ED. I've seen people heal Jugs to full and complain that they have 3 lives.

Mercs dont become an issue for me until they stack in premades, but so does 4 stealth in a gank squad or for madness sorcs.

You should stun mercs with reflect up, I thought everyone learned that after bashing them and healing them to full while getting railed in the face.

Edited by Ruhun