Golds are to be bumped to 2 CXP!

Aletheos

Yeah, there are a multitude of solutions that would have made it stronger, and they definitely should have had those considered at launch. GW2 has a similar problem, in that they don't have a PTR where things can get tested out, and where player feedback can actually stop or change an idea. Bioware just internally tests it, loves it (because they made it, and therefore its money), then throws it out for consumption, and then they're somewhat shocked when people don't like it. If they put it out in alpha and beta stages, then they could see how many people love it, how many people hate it, and if they hate it, what could they change about it to make them love it.

There was a closed beta for this game. I know a few people who were in it. From what they've told me, the beta testers were telling them RNG gearing was a horrible idea months ago. They saw how horrible it was and they said so. EAWare didn't listen, not to them, not to the forum posters, no one but their own mystical internal 'metrics'--which I don't believe exist at this point, I think they just use 'metrics' as an excuse for every decision they make because they don't respect their customers enough to tell the truth (i.e., "We want to squeeze more money out of you because EA isn't making a profit on us") or admit when they've made mistakes.

Edited by AscendingSky

The big problem with that is that you can go into early planet heroics and essentially one shot gold mobs all day with ease, so at 10cxp a clip, it becomes the be all end all fastest way to get cxp, hence it becomes the ONLY way to gain cxp. I would concur that dropping it to 1 was a bit brutal, Im more for a compromise of say... like 4 or 5. What really needs to happen, is that they need to design more content for people to do once the story is over. There need to be more FPs, WZs, OPS, quests, both regular and heroic, and some daily ones as well. Make the companions have quests that open up conversation (and possible romance) options. Just flood the endgame with so many things to do, that people don't mind doing them, and can mix it up, and not have the same daily grind every single day....

I agree, new companion quests would be great. Im sick of farming heroic missions (not mobs) while i wait for my GSF/warzone que, all this to get a chance of getting gear that will allow me to play higher tier OPS/Fps (fun). So doing new content to rank up would atleast be more enjoyable than doing heroics i did 4 years ago when i was level 50..

If 1 person could do it, others will. Im seeing lots of calls on fleet for "CXP grind group". Bioware want (and probably desperately need) to keep a certain number of subs or else the game starts making a loss.

If people reach max CXP rank in 9 days, play a bit, get bored then unsub it will kill the game.

The fact that someone could reach level 100 out of 300 in 3 days (for a system obviously designed to last a YEAR) is a FLAW.

Im still seeing 240 mods for sale on fleet, so people are STILL getting to at least CXP level 90 in just over a WEEK.

No no... CXP 90 won't give you 240's

They're getting them off operations bosses by hitting NiM's in 230 gear.

Doing heroics today I got 20 for some and 23 for others, no clue what the difference is.

Your side won. During the winning hour you get more CXP (15%, I think?) while the losers get more D/L (lets be real, LS wins) points and the bosses that drop tokens.

If 1 person could do it, others will. Im seeing lots of calls on fleet for "CXP grind group". Bioware want (and probably desperately need) to keep a certain number of subs or else the game starts making a loss.

If people reach max CXP rank in 9 days, play a bit, get bored then unsub it will kill the game.

The fact that someone could reach level 100 out of 300 in 3 days (for a system obviously designed to last a YEAR) is a FLAW.

Im still seeing 240 mods for sale on fleet, so people are STILL getting to at least CXP level 90 in just over a WEEK.

As it is, more people are talking about (and most probably also going through with) unsubbing now because of this, than the few that might get bored because they reached rank 300 a lot faster than Bioware intended.

I only speak for myself, but the original gold mob cxp nerf to 1 was the last drop that made me unsub. I still want to love the game, and I hope the incoming changes to the cxp gains together with other tweaks to the system will make me want to re-sub.

As it is, more people are talking about (and most probably also going through with) unsubbing now because of this, than the few that might get bored because they reached rank 300 a lot faster than Bioware intended.

I only speak for myself, but the original gold mob cxp nerf to 1 was the last drop that made me unsub. I still want to love the game, and I hope the incoming changes to the cxp gains together with other tweaks to the system will make me want to re-sub.

For me, what's more unsettling is their extreme reluctance to even begin to compromise that raising it to 2 represents. It's clear that this hit a very painful nerve with them, and what that suggests is that they planned on the Command Rank old content grind to keep the game afloat for the foreseeable future. It suggests that they don't have any plans. That, plus the fact that they have been ignoring serious main storyline bugs for awhile now, is rather troubling.

Well this really comes down to a few basic things:

1. BioWare wants you to engage in endgame content, not circumvent it by grinding mobs.

Actually, BioWare originally stated that the way they designed it was so that you could play whatever style you wanted to and still get rewards. By nerfing the golds down from 10 cxp to 1 (and now, 2), they're limiting the playerbase's ability to play how they choose to play.

Some don't want to do Ops, FPs and Uprisings. Nerfing the golds CXP drop means those players have that much harder a time earning cxp, which makes BW's original statement, that they want people to be able to play how they prefer to play, invalid.

They round down, not up.

Isn't that "exciting?"

I've been seriously struggling to contain my excitement for a while now, but this may just make me explode with it, just you wait.

(almost there)

(any moment now)

*crickets*