I'm baffled at the difficult difference with KotFE to KotET.

xeoneex

Ok so I'm trying this on my damn sorceress and I can't help die like 50 times to attempt one lowsy gold star mob. What the hell is the point of making it THIS hard? I have tried every way I can, short of going full healing which I don't want to do because I hate healing, but this just does not happen without me dying. I'm stuck right now BECAUSE of this. I had my companion heal me, be tank, I heal him all results are the bloody same :mad:. Yeesh when one bloody npc can hit me for half my friggin health, and lets not forget I'm not lvl 10, im 65+ with at least 76k hp. I have NO idea how they expect us to do this as a sorceress -_-

EDIT: My god I can't even kill 3 regular mobs??? What the hell is with this difficulty I'm really getting annoyed as ****.

Edited by xeoneex

The only time I ever died in KOTET was when I got knocked off a cliff, I never really found it that hard at all, sure it was a fair bit harder than KOTFE I noticed that much but not to the point of dying as much as you say. Edited by SuperTarisuan

Ok so I'm trying this on my damn sorceress and I can't help die like 50 times to attempt one lowsy gold star mob. What the hell is the point of making it THIS hard? I have tried every way I can, short of going full healing which I don't want to do because I hate healing, but this just does not happen without me dying. I'm stuck right now BECAUSE of this. I had my companion heal me, be tank, I heal him all results are the bloody same :mad:. Yeesh when one bloody npc can hit me for half my friggin health, and lets not forget I'm not lvl 10, im 65+ with at least 76k hp. I have NO idea how they expect us to do this as a sorceress -_-

EDIT: My god I can't even kill 3 regular mobs??? What the hell is with this difficulty I'm really getting annoyed as ****.

Are you sure you're in story mode and not veteran mode?

Edited by Kayonei
2am typos

I find it long but easy and I've been accused of being a casual. Two tips:

This requires some work but lead her into a green circle. It'll shock her and do damage.

Beat her in her purple circle (her circle will help reflect some damage) until she reaches 30 stack then run out of her circle damage aoe.

Last night I ended up facing her and Arcann without a companion. He died within a 2 seconds of the fight starting. If in that situation, then take out arcann as fast as possible. His attacks hinder you.

Edited by americanaussie

I have not started KotET yet, so I can only take a guess on what might be the problem.

It could be that you're on the wrong setting, make sure you are on story mode, avoid veteran and master modes until you get better gear.

It would probably help to know:

1. which encounter you are having trouble with

2. which difficulty setting you are using

3. your gear rating and companion influence.

Companion influence is nothing as depending on choices you either have a level 1 Dramath or no one. You cannot level him prior.

Part of the problem was it was on veteren, and while I put it back to story it STILL proves to be difficult even with a healer companion :/. I don't want to post spoilers but it hardly matters because I struggled from chapter 1 to chapter 4 now. I managed to overcome some of these hard arsed obstacles I still find it ridiculous that I'm having so much trouble. I did this on my marauder and I only died because I attempted it on veteren. I even managed to beat the first chapter on veteren with my marauder. Aside from that it was cake. But as my sorceress? VERY difficult.

Part of the problem was it was on veteren, and while I put it back to story it STILL proves to be difficult even with a healer companion :/. I don't want to post spoilers but it hardly matters because I struggled from chapter 1 to chapter 4 now. I managed to overcome some of these hard arsed obstacles I still find it ridiculous that I'm having so much trouble. I did this on my marauder and I only died because I attempted it on veteren. I even managed to beat the first chapter on veteren with my marauder. Aside from that it was cake. But as my sorceress? VERY difficult.

In order to make the switch from vet to story you need to reset the instance/chapter.

It would probably help to know:

1. which encounter you are having trouble with

2. which difficulty setting you are using

3. your gear rating and companion influence.

This exactly. Without any info, your post is almost useless and noone can answer or help you.

In order to make the switch from vet to story you need to reset the instance/chapter.

Actually, it's the other way around.

You can go from Vet to Story at any time without leaving the instance.

To change from Story to Vet you have to leave the chapter and restart it from the beginning.

Actually, it's the other way around.

You can go from Vet to Story at any time without leaving the instance.

To change from Story to Vet you have to leave the chapter and restart it from the beginning.

Then they broke something because I can switch from story to vet without restarting the chapter. I don't know it probably broke with 5.0a wouldn't surprise me really.

Companion influence is nothing as depending on choices you either have a level 1 Dramath or no one. You cannot level him prior.

What is so difficult in that fight?

I just did it in story mode on Guardian:

- No companion (obviously)

- No utilities

- Saber Ward only once during the fight

Edited by Halinalle

But as my sorceress? VERY difficult.

I dunno. My sorceress (Lightning) didn't have any real problems, aside from letting Lord Doodad go to his rest, making the Vaylin fight a bit tough.

Oh, and a bunch of mobs she couldn't kill on Voss.

Because the companions and Voss commandos kept killing them before she could finish casting her skills...

I dunno. My sorceress (Lightning) didn't have any real problems, aside from letting Lord Doodad go to his rest, making the Vaylin fight a bit tough.

Oh, and a bunch of mobs she couldn't kill on Voss.

Because the companions and Voss commandos kept killing them before she could finish casting her skills...

Same for me, I didn't even get deep into my rotation with lightning sorc most of the time because everything just kept dying, and I'm really not that good. My money is still on this being veteran mode one way or another.

And yeah, one time early on Voss a bonus mission popped up to kill some enemies/save your allies, before I could even move toward them the bonus mission had already completed because my allies had saved themselves in like 5 seconds.

You can die in KOTET? Who knew?

My main is a TK Sage, so has been subject to more or less the same changes as you - only half difficult fight in the entirety of KOTET is Vaylin/Valkorian in the final chapter.

Most of the elite fights are just tedious because the Dev don't have enough imagination or skill to do anything other than give us enemies with huge health pools and spammable crowd control.

All The Best

First of all i died once in KOTFE on trash mobs too, so no worries.

Second the up in difficulty is actually silly as weak/standard mobs hit for ridiculous amounts and what i was doing is for example stunning them with sticky grenade and blazing bolts, cause that stuns weak enemies. Its very very silly just to buff the damage like this.

Overall you have to use everything you have like interrupts, kiting, stuns etc. If you are really having difficulties then always travel to fleet and increase the influence with that companion as you are mostly given a specific companion in KOTFE/KOTET story

I think the biggest issue people are having is that up until this expansion, you could over gear (it works even with the level changes) and blow through stuff without even noticing boss mechanics.

That seems to have changed since they put the Arena in.

They are using the mechanics from some of the arena opponents in bosses in the new expansion, and they have toughened them enough that you can't really ignore them like we used to.

Galactic Command also means no one, unless you are one lucky SOB, is over geared for this stuff when you are doing it any more.

And yeah, one time early on Voss a bonus mission popped up to kill some enemies/save your allies, before I could even move toward them the bonus mission had already completed because my allies had saved themselves in like 5 seconds.

That's your reward for taking down the Voss Star Fortress - Rokuss completes that mission for you.

And in the first "difficult" fight you can have an additional power, that commands Deadeye Leyta to take out one of the mines that spawn all around you, if you took down the Tatooine Star Fortress.

I think the biggest issue people are having is that up until this expansion, you could over gear (it works even with the level changes) and blow through stuff without even noticing boss mechanics.

That seems to have changed since they put the Arena in.

They are using the mechanics from some of the arena opponents in bosses in the new expansion, and they have toughened them enough that you can't really ignore them like we used to.

Galactic Command also means no one, unless you are one lucky SOB, is over geared for this stuff when you are doing it any more.

That isn't what I found - unless you are running it on vet mode (in which case mechanics do matter).

I leveled a light side commando through the story and generally failed to move out of stuff and simply hit things until they died while my companion had no issues keeping me healed.

I'm half way through on a dark side sorc and again haven't had any issues, though my sorc does feel like she is wearing a paper outfit compared to my commando.

The only thing that gave me any problems was the first walker as I had no idea what the hell I was doing at first, though even the boss was easy as I just stood right on it and hit the stomp button until it died.

As far as the last fight, I simply stood on the stairs with my back towards the throne and hit Valyn until she died - though she has a stupid amount of HP - which to me didn't make the fight feel epic, just tedious.

I will concede that damage in general is on the high side and that sorcs do take the worst of it (as dps the self heals and defensive CDs are pretty weak save for long CD bubble), but as long as you have a healing companion it works out.

Where it fails, and fails badly IMO is when you don't have a companion or do something like a tactical or uprising with all dps, and end up the 'tank', then the damage can become unreasonable for a group without a healer.

Edited by DawnAskham

eee advice #1: feed ur companion some gifts #2 make sure u're wearing gear; #3 make sure said gear is not lvl 10 and not broken; #4 check the difficulty of the chapter; #5... i am doing chapter 6 on my sorcerer.... I HAVE YET TO DIE. period.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D