So... let's compare our luck =)

Hichitsuki-hime

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I entered Tier 2 on Sunday and got 11 crates since then. In the last one, I got the first legendary set piece (boots) for my tank. I got a 234 set-piece some crates before and 2 implants (blue 234) in the first 2 crates of tier 2. So, all in all, I am happy. I also completed my Gear with crafted 240 Mods, 228 Augments and 230 Enhancements. Main- and Offhand were also upraged with crafted 234 armoring & hilt. All in all, two weeks after launch, my tank is geared to enter every HM and some NiM's and I got ~30 Voidmatters left, to craft some things for my commando. At the moment, I'm not really sure, how to use the same mods and enhancements in healer- & dps-gear by keeping different set-bonuses.

So, I entered Tier 2 on Sunday and got 11 crates since then. In the last one, I got the first legendary set piece (boots) for my tank. I got a 234 set-piece some crates before and 2 implants (blue 234) in the first 2 crates of tier 2. So, all in all, I am happy. I also completed my Gear with crafted 240 Mods, 228 Augments and 230 Enhancements. Main- and Offhand were also upraged with crafted 234 armoring & hilt. All in all, two weeks after launch, my tank is geared to enter every HM and some NiM's and I got ~30 Voidmatters left, to craft some things for my commando. At the moment, I'm not really sure, how to use the same mods and enhancements in healer- & dps-gear by keeping different set-bonuses.

you just don't. you can share 1 piece of gear between the sets that's it. because you need different armorings for set bonus and different enhancements for accuracy which you need for dps, but certainly not for healz lol.

of course you could try getting left side gear for accuracy... but since you already need to change 6 armorings every time you respec it just makes more sense to keep a DPS gear set and a healer gear set. well... that's what i do at least

Rank 27 on my 5.0 main (Guardian) and just got my second 230 set piece (headgear).

Btw, still getting "Weaponmaster" gear on Guardian. Though set bonus is Guardian dps set bonus instead of Sentinel set bonus.

So now I'm up to 3 set pieces between multiple 70s.

Edited by Halinalle

Level 73 now with 7 alts at around level 7-13

2 usable and useful proccing relics (4 all told, other two were unusable clickies) - all looted on main char

4 set bonuses, 2 dps, 2 heals - one of the heals is in an alt class, all others on main class, though only 1 looted on main char

Main and off hand both looted on main char

All enhancements and mods in main class suits are 230, with about the best balance I have seen available.

I'm pretty happy with the return on time spent so far. I wasn't in this position in 3.0 or 4.0 after two or maybe three months, let alone weeks.

Question (and apologies if this has been answered elsewhere): are you still able to loot 230 gear in tier 2?

Edited by leehambly

Question (and apologies if this has been answered elsewhere): are you still able to loot 230 gear in tier 2?

You get 234-236 gear in tier 2 if I remember correctly. Set bonus armorings stack with all other tiers even if you still have 216/220/224 set pieces.

Only my newest created character, Marauder, has opened any crates and just after hitting lvl70 on Voss got the first crate that had the Vindicator set pants. Last night that character and a guildy tried Fractured Uprising duo with companions and other than companion management hiccups in the final 2 boss fight got throught it.

This ranked up and delivered the 12th crate which contained the Vindicator set bracers.

So I have a hyperhorseshoe up my butt. 2 set pieces in 12 crates.

Only my newest created character, Marauder, has opened any crates and just after hitting lvl70 on Voss got the first crate that had the Vindicator set pants. Last night that character and a guildy tried Fractured Uprising duo with companions and other than companion management hiccups in the final 2 boss fight got throught it.

This ranked up and delivered the 12th crate which contained the Vindicator set bracers.

So I have a hyperhorseshoe up my butt. 2 set pieces in 12 crates.

careful with that shoe.. might make sitting awkward :p:D:D:Dlol but nice =) good to hear that there are some people who get things fast lol. it gives us hope lol... kinda :D:D:D

3 toons lv 15 / 10 / 10, the results?: Junk - junk - 1 set piece per toon - more junk - 1 230 weap - even more junk - one 230 focus - some, but not many, 230 blue armorings (mods and enchants were not what I wanted, so got rid of them) and one 228 relic.

c-lvling stops there, as i'm no longer lvling it.

Edited by ZeroTypeR

Hi, i like this idea, hopefully it leads to some changes.

On my commando i got:

2 set bonus piece gear, but they were duplicate boots (eliminator). One was in my first pack, the other at around my tenth or so. He is command rank 23 from memory. Rest is blue 230 mods ripped out from duplicates. The duplicate boot mods were put into my generator(except for the set bonus armouring, thats restricted to boots). If i was not able to place ripped mods in my gear, id be screwed.

On my sorcerer, i still have mostly green 228/230. She is command rank 15 or so.

On my juggernaut, i have 2 different set bonuses, not duplicate like my commando. Rest is blue 230 (mods ripped out from duplicates). He is command rank 18 or so. Again, got my first set piece bonus from the first crate.

On my shadow (seperate server) got set piece bonus from first crate. Rest is similar story to my sorcerer. Dont remember his command level though, it is lower than the rest.

Now, this is why i dont focus on one character. I wanted to see what the drop rates were like, and at this point, its better to have fun on my 4 favorite classes rather than grind for gear on one of them and be bitter about this horrid system. It needs to change, not even crafting helps that much as you need to grind to get the tier material for 230 gear (the isotope stuff that drops from warzones mission boxes).

My Luck seems to have improved.

- My Main Guardian DPS L18, no set pieces still, 1 purple 230 implant.

- L10 Shadow tank: 3 set pieces, 2 pants though. 1 blue and 1 purple implant, 1 purple relic.

- L8 Sorc Healer: 2 set piece

- L7 Merc: 1 purple offhand

- L5 Sniper: 1 set piece

- L8 Mando: 1 purple ear, blue mainhand.

- L3 PT Tank: 1 set piece to make 6 overall

- L10 Marauder: Nothing

- L2 Juggy DPS: Purple ear

My luck sucks, 85 crates so far and only 1 set piece, no left side purple. All I get is jawa junk, rep pieces, green 228 gear and cosmetic gear. I have the worst luck out there. By the time I reach 300, based on this I will only have 4 purple gear out of the possible 14. Not sure why I should keep putting in the time when the rewards do NOT match my investment.

Rank 9 on my main

One set bonus bracer (rank 7)

One upgrade OH

One upgrade implant

One upgrade boot with no set bonus (removed the mod and enhancement and put it into my existing boots to keep the set bonus)

2 rep tokens that I hadn't maxed yet

One stack of Jawa Junk

Disintegrated the rest (nothing worth keeping from the orange shells--all belts/boots/bracers/sniper rifles and assault cannons (for my sorc), a bunch of rep that I've maxed already, and one mediocre mount)

Please keep this thread going. I'm learning what Ben meant when he said RNG crates are exciting. *pulls popcorn from the microwave* It is exciting to follow other people's "luck reports", without having invested any time or hope myself. I'm right there with you guys! :) I'm cheering for you! I'm crossing my fingers for y'all, as best as I can with one hand in the popcorn bowl and a fresh can of fizzy beverage in the other. :D

Only 17 crates for me. (On my Guardian.) But I've became so discouraged that I pretty much gave up and went back to leveling lowbies.

I have yet to see a set piece and have only managed two 230 blues: A head and main hand. But the head I got twice. I've gotten the same green earring four times, which was quickly replaced with a blue and then a purp.

So of the 17 "gear items" I've gotten six ear pieces (four same) two of the same helms and a main hand. The other 8 items aren't even worth mentioning.

I did have a little better luck on my Merc, but only got her to level 5. She actually got two set pieces, but they were both the same wrists. And the set bonus was class specific, and I don't have a Commando. :rolleyes: In fact, the tool tips mention HSM specifically, so I don't even know if it would transfer even if I did.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.