My opinion on how to post proper feedback...positive or negative

LordArtemis

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not weird it's fact. The only thing that would be weird is having a grown adult waste FIVE YEARS of their life crying about a video game. A normal, mentally stable adult would move on if they were so unhappy (as you call it). Instead here at the cesspool known as swtor forums grown adults who have been crying over a video game for FIVE YEARS are protected by those like you. When these people try to bring this crap to other gaming sites they leave with their tail between their legs in a hurry.

It is a fact because you say so? Otherwise please try to explain what evidence you think you are seeing.

All I can see from you posts is that you really like the word "cesspool" and that for some reason you feel compelled to defend that absurd idea of yours at all costs...

Yeah I've been around a lot longer then you...I just avoided posting in here so the couple dozen had their safe space.

Since you looked at my profile check out the contact info I believe the number in there is around 300,000 you? 1.8 million.

I always smile when people start going on about "I'm a lower number than you" or "I've checked your posting history", I've even fallen into that trap myself on the odd occasion.

What I think is important and TUXs has already alluded to this, is to post feedback, irrespective of the format of that feedback it's useful to have. It provides a gauge of the overall sentiment on any particular current issue, good community managers will be able to filter out the multiple posts by the same users or "the gang" as someone likes to refer to here (even if there isn't one).

What is more telling, since 5.0, there are a lot of newer posters here on these very forums providing feedback. I only ventured onto these forums and started posting when my interest in the game waned, and generally that's the only time I'll ever start posting feedback on any game forum (be it my own or adding my voice to others concerns).

Take that for what it is worth, but I think if Ben decides to start back slapping on tonights LiveStream, I really think it'll show how out of touch he is with the problems with this game and perhaps should start playing it incognito and having chats on fleets / stronghold planets to get some more honest appraisal without a positive filter being applied from a community manager.

Sometimes positive feedback isn't constructive, people will know when they overstep the line though, they'll be given a vacation from the forums. LA already knows this though, and as much as I agree with his sentiment that too much negativity will get completely blanked by the community manager, I do feel that people who pay for this game have a right to be genuinely upset by some of the actions taken every now and then.

Not everyone is capable of articulating an argument well, especially when they are upset.

Yeah I've been around a lot longer then you...I just avoided posting in here so the couple dozen had their safe space.

Since you looked at my profile check out the contact info I believe the number in there is around 300,000 you? 1.8 million.

You seem to not understand what i was saying. What number or how many posts doesn't matter. What matters is that most of your posts were borderline insulting other players. And that if you continue to do it someone surely will report them and you'll feel the love of the mods.

Problem is, we gave the devs proper feedback, long before GC went online for example. And apart from the AC based drops, they ignored it. We told them it wouldn't work, showed dozens of alternatives, yet they went forward with their own broken idea.

If you try to give proper constructive feedback, then get ignored, you tend to come on the forums simply to write out your feelings and flame the men responsible. I'm not saying it's right or constructive, it's just human nature.

Except the problem is that none of the posters (whether positive or negative) are a majority as most people do not come to the forums for various reasons. My guild- I am the only one as most do not want to deal with the drama that goes on in the forums.

So whether you are a positive poster or negative poster neither of them can actually say they are a majority. In the large scheme of things the forums posters are a minority.

Sure posters are minority...

But what about general chat, KotET instances chat, capital planet chat, pug fp and ops groups chat saying all the same things?

Maybe I am on the most pessimistic server (TRE), but are all happy ppl mute? Or maybe we aren't the minority...

Sure posters are minority...

But what about general chat, KotET instances chat, capital planet chat, pug fp and ops groups chat saying all the same things?

Maybe I am on the most pessimistic server (TRE), but are all happy ppl mute? Or maybe we aren't the minority...

Maybe it's your server as I don't really hear that much complaining on Ebon Hawk except once in a while. Could be the times I play (normally 6pm-10pm) or the locations. I am always moving around doign things and rarely in the fleet unless I need something specific from the fleet.

And when I am in drumond kaas they are not discussing this, they are discussing "sexual" "jawa" things instead, which is normal for drumond kaas.

The few times the command crates were mentioned there were people happy that they didn't have to do operations to get the gear anymore.

I do think the RNG needs redone though. I would like it to be legacy wide. I have too many alts to have to do this on all of them.

Edited by casirabit

So basically LordArtimus is saying that bluntness is unappreciated and that we should sugar coat our statements so they sound less harsh.

As in he wants us to soften our tone so as not to hurt their feelings.

Direct speech, blunt conversation and a firm tone are, often, to much for those who are fragile in ego and emotion to be able to handle...

Sorry, I'm a blunt person. I'm direct. I am respectful, but I won't sugar coat my words. If you can't handle that you probably want to go live in your safe space, avoid working in an environment where you have to interact with your boss and co-workers make sure all of your social interactions are with like minded people .

I spent 20 years in the Army, deployed to 3 combat zones and was responsible for the lives of dozens of soldiers. The best way to get your point across, the majority of the time, is to be respectfully direct and to the point, blunt without being insulting. I never asked my soldiers to please get down into the prone position to avoid enemy fire, I told them to put their face in the dirt so they don't get their *** shot off.

5.0 stinks, the few good things about this EX-Pack are overshadowed by the bad. There isn't enough positives to make up for the negatives and BW really laid a turd with this one. There is no way to sugarcoat that in order to spare their feelings...

Oh facts are not on your side here...I'm not surprised you being another one who has been crying on these forums for years would defend these posters...as you yourself are one.

Uh, while I don't always agree with the things TUXs has to say and our 'concerns' regarding the game differ at times, he is by no means trying to kill the game. I see his posts as those of someone who's still passionate enough about the game and its potential, who cares and wishes to see it strive and who's frustrated with the fact that BW developers persistently appear to ignore such feedback. He's also usually one of the first to say "Hey, I'm sad to see you go" when someone announces they've had enough and are quitting, again because he wants to see this game thrive.

As for the OP itself; I agree. There's definitely better ways of expressing your opinions and feedback. I usually try to think first and then reply, preview my post and re-check it before either submitting or cancelling it altogether but... there's also human nature. High running emotions and passionate pleas in the face of further disappointment from someone (or in this case, something) you had higher and better hopes for. It can't always be avoided and I understand that too.

now now assumptions aren't our best friends =) we get very annoyed with lack of communication (which is very understandable) and so some of us start posting much toxic crap to make ourselves feel better, because clearly it's NOT gonna make them feel worse anyway =) :eek::eek::eek:

but hei, once upon a blue moon they just might surprise us. i for one am tentatively curious about what the are gonna say during the stream today =):D:D:D

Anna! ;) you can check people's post history by clicking their icon here which takes you to their profile than clicking statistics and view all posts made by user! :cool:

He's also usually one of the first to say "Hey, I'm sad to see you go" when someone announces they've had enough and are quitting, again because he wants to see this game thrive.

He is also quick to pile on when someone rants, and give the ranting party a great big atta-boy too, even very toxic rants. He encourages pejorative feedback. That does NOT help the game thrive.

I know he still likes the game, but he spends a majority of his posting time propping up and cheering on pejorative feedback. He and I used to have good exchanges back in the day, even if we often did not agree, but over time he has been very pro-inflammatory in his support of some of the more toxic views expressed. I finally just had to put him on ignore and stop responding to him.

As for the OP itself; I agree. There's definitely better ways of expressing your opinions and feedback. I usually try to think first and then reply, preview my post and re-check it before either submitting or cancelling it altogether but... there's also human nature. High running emotions and passionate pleas in the face of further disappointment from someone (or in this case, something) you had higher and better hopes for. It can't always be avoided and I understand that too.

Yeah... if people would just refrain from posting feedback while angry and emotional.. there would be much less of the really toxic negative feedback. That is really all it takes, though there is very much an issue of being closed minded that even cooling down will not solve.

Sometimes stepping back and looking at things a bit more objectively is all they need to do. But they don't.. because they apparently do not care if what they say is over the top, subjective, and not consistent with looking at how a game with a broad and diverse player base sees things many different ways. Basically, they are just lashing out.. because they can... not because it's right or constructive or helps get valid points across to the studio.

Edited by Andryah

He is also quick to pile on when someone rants, and give the ranting party a great big atta-boy too, even very toxic rants. He encourages pejorative feedback. That does NOT help the game thrive.

I know he still likes the game, but he spends a majority of his posting time propping up and cheering on pejorative feedback. He and I used to have good exchanges back in the day, even if we often did not agree, but over time he has been very pro-inflammatory in his support of some of the more toxic views expressed. I finally just had to put him on ignore and stop responding to him.

Yeah... if people would just refrain from posting feedback while angry and emotional.. there would be much less of the really toxic negative feedback. That is really all it takes, though there is very much an issue of being closed minded that even cooling down will not solve.

Sometimes stepping back and looking at things a bit more objectively is all they need to do. But they don't.. because they apparently do not care if what they say is over the top, subjective, and not consistent with looking at how a game with a broad and diverse player base sees things many different ways. Basically, they are just lashing out.. because they can... not because it's right or constructive or helps get valid points across to the studio.

My experience with him is different from yours and I've not been around as long as either of you have. I think the change in attitude you're talking about simply has much to do with continued disappointment and him likely reaching a point of enough is enough, and from there on out as a natural consequence changed the way in which he approaches the issue. Not saying that makes it okay, or that it's not okay, but I can sort of understand it. I mostly disagreed though with the statement someone else made that he's actively trying to kill the game.

As for the second part of your post; it's the internet. No that doesn't excuse sweet fluff all but that is what it is. You see that kind of toxicity and asinine behavior everywhere. People who will say as they please because there's no real accountability or consequences. Who think it's "cool" to behave so vile and irresponsibly but put them all in a room together out in the real world and the silence would be deafening. I'd dare some of these guys to attend the next Cantina tour and present feedback in the same thoughtless and offensive manner they do here but I already know most wouldn't dare then which I why I rarely take their temper tantrums seriously. It would be nice if people would behave better and I'm all for it but I know that no matter what I say to them, it won't change. You may win a battle or two but you'll never win the war because for every loud mouth you knock down, three new ones appear.

I thought you had me on ignore?

Wanna know why I jump on some of the more toxic posts? To calm players down. To say "you have a point, I understand your frustration" and then I try to explain it in a far less toxic way that may get some support and lets that player know that someone gets what has them upset...upset players aren't good for retention and players are of value to me...even the frustrated ones.

I think one thing we all can agree on for the most part is we all share a passion for the game (different aspects of the game) we all wanted this game to be better than what it turned out.

Some people get fired up about it and blow up in a toxic mushroom cloud (like me at times) some people keep there cool w/e.. yes some people post just to be trolls but for the most part I'd guess most of us that post here share that passion about wanting this game to be all it could have been.

I think one thing we all can agree on for the most part is we all share a passion for the game (different aspects of the game) we all wanted this game to be better than what it turned out.

Some people get fired up about it and blow up in a toxic mushroom cloud (like me at times) some people keep there cool w/e.. yes some people post just to be trolls but for the most part I'd guess most of us that post here share that passion about wanting this game to be all it could have been.

cause cause.... forum PvP FTW!!! :D:D though damn, i'm so sad i'll miss the stream =( it'll be 1:30 am for me =( :D:D

cause cause.... forum PvP FTW!!! :D:D though damn, i'm so sad i'll miss the stream =( it'll be 1:30 am for me =( :D:D

You Damn EU players not staying up until the early hours in the morning to watch quality content from bioware!:rolleyes:

I wouldn't call chillin with my boy forum PvP ANNA! :p

I'm sure you wont miss much on the stream thb lol

Btw do u play mostly on harb or red eclipse?

Edited by mfourcustom

You Damn EU players not staying up until the early hours in the morning to watch quality content from bioware!:rolleyes:

I wouldn't call chillin with my boy forum PvP ANNA! :p

I'm sure you wont miss much on the stream thb lol

Btw do u play mostly on harb or red eclipse?

i main harbringer. but if i find someone to play with on RE i could go there now and then too. also have toons on ebon hawk lol

i main harbringer. but if i find someone to play with on RE i could go there now and then too. also have toons on ebon hawk lol

I've been thinking about moving a toon or two to harb since late night PvP queues are slow as all hell on jc not sure about ping (I'm east cost us) so if you can manage to main there I'm sure the ping would be great for me..

Hmm:rak_03:

If I move to harb you show me around I'll need boys to PvP with since all my boys have long since quit the game! TY!

Edited by mfourcustom

I've been thinking about moving a toon or two to harb since late night PvP queues are slow as all hell on jc not sure about ping (I'm east cost us) so if you can manage to main there I'm sure the ping would be great for me..

Hmm:rak_03:

If I move to harb you show me around I'll need boys to PvP with since all my boys have long since quit the game! TY!

lol there are some aussies and like new zealand people and even a few more russians in my guild on imp side. some really like to pvp. i'm more of a raider :p though ofc i do pvp for cxp like everyone else lol. not that i'm particularly good at it. tho ofc better than those ******* taht will get the ball passed to them and then just stand still and when told to run or passs say " i don't want to" . like *** lol

lol there are some aussies and like new zealand people and even a few more russians in my guild on imp side. some really like to pvp. i'm more of a raider :p though ofc i do pvp for cxp like everyone else lol. not that i'm particularly good at it. tho ofc better than those ******* taht will get the ball passed to them and then just stand still and when told to run or passs say " i don't want to" . like *** lol

Russians.. man you got Russians! Damn Russians make the best boys they always got your back and always ready to cyka the CRAP out of some noobs :cool:

:p on jc most of the time people don't even pick up the ball in huttball lol it's as if they don't even know it's there and go full ape mode and dps for 12 minutes... so you got us beat there :p

Russians.. man you got Russians! Damn Russians make the best boys they always got your back and always ready to cyka the CRAP out of some noobs :cool:

:p on jc most of the time people don't even pick up the ball in huttball lol it's as if they don't even know it's there and go full ape mode and dps for 12 minutes... so you got us beat there :p

hahahah сука is a noun LOL :D:D:D:D:D:D admitedly i only know like 1 other russian on the server besides myself and i only count cause live here lol:eek::eek::eek:

hahahah сука is a noun LOL :D:D:D:D:D:D admitedly i only know like 1 other russian on the server besides myself and i only count cause live here lol:eek::eek::eek:

OH HOT DAMN YOUR A RUSSIAN

ME AND YOU ARE BOYS NOW :rak_03:

you gotta teach me more words lol I only know like 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.