Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

RNG is perfect for SWTOR and I'll explain why.

Aowin

Hey Aowin.

I still don't agree with your points but I will say that I appreciate Eric's post on 5.1

The RNG was still a terrible idea and I'll be interested to see what they're going to do. If these are changes I will like I will forever insist that my views had something to do with it because BWA listens to me and nobody else (well not really but it sounded fun to say that).

Have a nice day, mine's pretty good.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Aowin.

I still don't agree with your points but I will say that I appreciate Eric's post on 5.1

The RNG was still a terrible idea and I'll be interested to see what they're going to do. If these are changes I will like I will forever insist that my views had something to do with it because BWA listens to me and nobody else (well not really but it sounded fun to say that).

Have a nice day, mine's pretty good.

TBH, Eric's post didn't promise anything really. It was the usual "We're looking into it". We'll see what'll happen on the stream, but after the last one i don't have much hope.

TBH, Eric's post didn't promise anything really. It was the usual "We're looking into it". We'll see what'll happen on the stream, but after the last one i don't have much hope.

Thats because you want the total removal of RNG and thats not going to happen.

Thats my same thinking.

His post on 5.1 doesn't really say much beyond their looking and hearing but none of that matters if they don't understand the issues with what they created and as of right now, I cannot say bw understands the problem with GC grind, the terrible RNG system they implemented with what has clearly little testing or how badly it affects alt play.

He did, many times, we all did. Just goes to show you guys don't actually read what he posts before you start slamming him.

Have you noticed that there are people in this thread that are NOT engaged in attacks on Aowin, but are instead talking about the actual topic itself?

Why not quote one of THOSE posts and actually debate the subject of RNG?

I am wary as to what they might do, but hopeful as always.

They don't have the greatest track record, but hopefully they find some way to make changes that most folks will enjoy and appreciate. I still feel this system has great potential if structured properly.

I am not against the removal of RNG elements if that happens, though that would be a disappointing for casual players perhaps...not that casuals likely care that much about end game gear.

But I expect it will land somewhere in between, like it likely should.

Edited by LordArtemis

Thats because you want the total removal of RNG and thats not going to happen.

Then we are not being vocal enough about how bad it is to have RNG in the game at this point in it's life.

We simply must up the posts about how bad it is and maybe hit other forums as well.

Stranger things have happened and if doing all that get rid of RNG,. We're all the better for it.

Actually in this case I don't agree. Now, I am not saying that I will be jumping for joy after the livestream on Thursday but it's not the usual we're looking into it.

They are in fact actively making a patch to address some issues that they correctly identified and they are going to tell us about these plans in the livestream. So that is rather more than just looking into it. It's 5.1 in January they are talking about.

Again, I won't say I'll be happy on Thursday without knowing what they are planning to do, but there is a glimmer of hope and I shall watch the livestream with an open mind.

If it's not good enough, don't worry, I'll tell them, but I can at least appreciate that they're not waiting 6 months to address these topics.

Thats my same thinking.

His post on 5.1 doesn't really say much beyond their looking and hearing but none of that matters if they don't understand the issues with what they created and as of right now, I cannot say bw understands the problem with GC grind, the terrible RNG system they implemented with what has clearly little testing or how badly it affects alt play.

true, but to be looking into it, they first have to realize there is a problem to look into. so. it's a start =):D:D

Actually in this case I don't agree. Now, I am not saying that I will be jumping for joy after the livestream on Thursday but it's not the usual we're looking into it.

They are in fact actively making a patch to address some issues that they correctly identified and they are going to tell us about these plans in the livestream. So that is rather more than just looking into it. It's 5.1 in January they are talking about.

Again, I won't say I'll be happy on Thursday without knowing what they are planning to do, but there is a glimmer of hope and I shall watch the livestream with an open mind.

If it's not good enough, don't worry, I'll tell them, but I can at least appreciate that they're not waiting 6 months to address these topics.

will u re-sub if it looks promising enough? :D:D

Then we are not being vocal enough about how bad it is to have RNG in the game at this point in it's life.

We simply must up the posts about how bad it is and maybe hit other forums as well.

Stranger things have happened and if doing all that get rid of RNG,. We're all the better for it.

Haha on a joking matter you know what your post reminds me of? The presidential election.

Massive protest (ok not working)

He lost the popular vote (that didnt work)

Have electors change their vote (that didnt work, work harder)

Do a recount (dang still not working hit harder)

Blame the Russians

Have you noticed that there are people in this thread that are NOT engaged in attacks on Aowin, but are instead talking about the actual topic itself?

Why not quote one of THOSE posts and actually debate the subject of RNG?

I have :rak_02:

Haha on a joking matter you know what your post reminds me of? The presidential election.

Massive protest (ok not working)

He lost the popular vote (that didnt work)

Have electors change their vote (that didnt work, work harder)

Do a recount (dang still not working hit harder)

Blame the Russians

Can't call them quitters and thats a good thing.

Unlike RNG gearing in swtor and all the other problems it's brought along with it.

I am very much looking forward to see what the team has to say about upcoming updates and tweaks with regard to Galactic Command. I wouldn't get my hopes up that BioWare is planning massive, sweeping changes. That is not what 5.1 is meant to achieve. It's clear all BioWare is interested in doing is merely supplementing the system already in place. BioWare's goal is to provide more certainty in the system, but RNG is not going away. We'll see what BioWare does in regards to alternate characters, as that should also be quite interesting.

I am very much looking forward to see what the team has to say about upcoming updates and tweaks with regard to Galactic Command. I wouldn't get my hopes up that BioWare is planning massive, sweeping changes. That is not what 5.1 is meant to achieve. It's clear all BioWare is interested in doing is merely supplementing the system already in place. BioWare's goal is to provide more certainty in the system, but RNG is not going away. We'll see what BioWare does in regards to alternate characters, as that should also be quite interesting.

1. They have mentioned a vendor to buy gear from a couple times now. My speculation is once you attain max level of a Command Rank for a tier you will be able to buy any missing pieces. It is the only thing that makes sense to do with the horrid RNG system.

2. Alts will probably have some purchasable CXP bonuses. This will be disappointing if so, or it needs to be significant.

On a separate topic - all the "vocal minority" crap I've heard many times around here lately you can throw that out of the window. They obviously have a problem on their hands and why they are doing yet another live stream & planning to make a change in 5.1 just a couple weeks in. They are bailing water whether you want to admit it or not.

I know you have been proponent of RNG, which is mind boggling to me, but very few people like this type of system. It's appalling that any game company would do it and is why they are already going to change it.

now this post i can actually agree with :eek::eek: christmas miracle =):D:D

so long as it helps me get my set bonus lol. cause with my type of luck my count will stay at 1 piece... 2 at most by the time i crawl to tier 2:D:D and NO, i'm not whining, i'm making an educated guess based on my overall RNG success over the years =)

1. They have mentioned a vendor to buy gear from a couple times now. My speculation is once you attain max level of a Command Rank for a tier you will be able to buy any missing pieces. It is the only thing that makes sense to do with the horrid RNG system.

2. Alts will probably have some purchasable CXP bonuses. This will be disappointing if so, or it needs to be significant.

On a separate topic - all the "vocal minority" crap I've heard many times around here lately you can throw that out of the window. They obviously have a problem on their hands and why they are doing yet another live stream & planning to make a change in 5.1 just a couple weeks in. They are bailing water whether you want to admit it or not.

I know you have been proponent of RNG, which is mind boggling to me, but very few people like this type of system. It's appalling that any game company would do it and is why they are already going to change it.

well, if there is a vendor, then why would i be unable to purchase gear for my alts from said vendor? unless of course they make it so u can't buy gear that's not for your class.... which is probably what will happen now that i think about it lol:D:D

well, if there is a vendor, then why would i be unable to purchase gear for my alts from said vendor? unless of course they make it so u can't buy gear that's not for your class.... which is probably what will happen now that i think about it lol:D:D

not necessarily. That could be the "alt friendly" solution.

well, if there is a vendor, then why would i be unable to purchase gear for my alts from said vendor? lol:D:D

I would hope for this also. One time through the cxp system will be enough. i just don't think they will go that far though. Lets hope they do.

Edited by Kawiki

true, but to be looking into it, they first have to realize there is a problem to look into. so. it's a start =):D:D

I think they knew it was a problem to start with. bw just really didn't care what gamers though at that time. Thats not a new complaint and hasn't been since beta for KotET.

bw's arrogance just blinded them to reality.

Edited by Quraswren

I think they knew it was a problem to start with. bw just really didn't care what gamers though at that time. Thats not a new complaint and hasn't been since beta for KotET.

bw's arrogance just blinded them to reality.

Tho whole scheme was to promote the cxp boosters

So, if someone disagrees with you then that person is automatically a troll? :confused:

imo, Aowin has been articulate and civil in expressing his opinions. So, attacking him because you don't like his ideas/opinions is only saying a lot about yourselves.

You clearly didn't read the whole thread.

well =) let's hope =) of course it could also be nice if they has unassembled tokens drop from the crates instead of an already specific piece of set bonus =)

as much as I would like unassembled, I don't think it will happen. According to BW many players weren't able to figure out the different currencies and which set/vendor was for their advanced class/spec. The pieces dropping for spec are to eliminate the confusion some apparently had in determining this.

But being able to trade one set piece for another would be a nice thing - but again, not something that I think would happen.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.