Mercenaries are extremely over-performing, and pvp is broken..

alienwareguy

I play a Combat Sentinel on Harbinger and have taken down plenty of Mercs already...Just have to know when to Stun and when to cloak out for a health node and go back after the DCD is burnt...

I don't try to hang with any class on my Sent that has strong DCDs I come in and out until they burn them and then drop my ridiculous burst on them......

On my Shadow I sweat Mercs even less....I use the same strategy but have an easier time since shadow has so much more control....

People need to stop trying to in your face kill Mercs while their DCDs are up....use some strategy now that they are no longer push overs......

Gladly i'm not the only one who see reason. =)

Right now sins, ops, juggs and maras have a chance 1v1, with sins and maras having a somewhat easy time. If bioware listen to this people asking to remove not only one but all the new defensives implemented, what do you guys think will happen?

So should merc be freekill? Because if you remove trauma regulators, the heal of reflect and tone down kolto overload thats what will happen.

This is not 4.0 anymore, if you bring merc to the level of 4.0, then you will have to bring combat sentinel and sins to the same level or people will just flood to theses classes as they will torn everyone to shreds.

I hope bioware don't listen to the cry babys and leave mercs alone, so i can enjoy my combat sentinel killing machine =)

For the people that think SWTOR is unbalanced, try to play a caster in wow legion against a melee to see what happens.

Edited by squallleon

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been playing Merc since launch, this class has been on the bottom of the pole for a long time, only the best mercs were competitive. I think everyone needs to simmer down and learn to how to adapt to 5.0. We still have our weaknesses, but as a merc that knows how to utilize my cooldowns, kite, pick my targets, and when to escape a bad fight, I promise you. That fight will never be easy for you, you will have to fight for the kill.

The class has reflective shield, great escapes, heals, cc, electro net......ummm a bit much don't you think?

Snipers got a roll heal......wow, that's cool.

lol man, if you would have played ranked you would see some people do wonders with snipers!! THey are mostly the last ones going down.

PVP is at it's best point in years. Look at the leaderboards. Only guard/jugg are not featuring so highly. Merc healers now have the defences that a sorc has (with no instant don't kill me God bubble). Sorcs played well are equals to merc healers.

I have seen every class described as OP since the exp. That tells you balance is good. WZ are fun places to be with many different classes playing well. I think the mechanic changed most for Merc and people will figure out out in time. But roll over top teir because I play a sorc pvper. You have competition. And mercs really know their class they had to to be competitive before and now they have a utility box to match.

To all you out there looking to escape this mess, and get into a competitive scene i highly recommend gw2. You might have tried it, and didnt like it, but give it another go and i promise you wont be let down. Gw2's combat system is genius, and much more flexible in terms of builds and self expression with how you play your chosen profession.

GW2 pvp is crap....you either have the build that kills people before they can react, or you don't, and you die before you can react. That or zerg fest in WvW.

I'm not even mad. I'm just LOL'ing at the beautiful justice of a class that has been so terrible for so long finally getting its moment. :p

Pretty much this...we all knew it was coming, the glorious QQ threads cause we can finally take out our mercs from the shelves.

We'll get nerfed into oblivion soon due to all the tears spewing out, so lets just enjoy it while we can.

Always funny listening to the crybaby's looking for a nerf stick. Never fails, any game, any era. The better players adapt to the meta and rise up. Crying to the devs will never make you a good player. If you truly want to enjoy a game stop blaming balance and elevate your play.

Pretty much this...we all knew it was coming, the glorious QQ threads cause we can finally take out our mercs from the shelves.

We'll get nerfed into oblivion soon due to all the tears spewing out, so lets just enjoy it while we can.

This is what I'm lol'ing about: the irony that Mercs think its 'their time', but in reality BW is f'ing you ULTRA hard. With the new patch, you cant just start another character at 65, level to 70 via wz's, and be in BiS gear like you could in the past. No, you have to grind out your class to tier 3 to get that BiS set gear, and by that time you will be nerfed. So not only will the bads getting carried by their ranged dps-tank be screwed, but you'll be in your next FOTM class with global command rank 1 getting farmed. So enjoy!

As a side note, it's amazing the amount of people that are swearing they were loyal Mercs/Troopers.

Edited by wbtusmc

Haa alienwareguy and people with heartburn please stop bickering.

On PvP in 4.0 people saw a merc and everyone went to a merc, in 3 seconds dead.

Now 4 or more guys go to a merc and need to put boost etc etc to kill a merc.

Mercenaries need respect too.

There are other weak classes to kill, find !!!

I'm a merc and now this class is good.

You know the saying, if you can't beat them reroll. But yup merc definitly has too much self healing right now with the enraged defence/reflect in one, the utility that build stacks while taking damage with energy shield up and the crazy kolto overload going up to 75%. Done 2 million self healing on my merc and 4.5 million total damage, you can't really call it balanced but that's how it goes with MMO's, last season it was sorc healers. This was in the second warzone that I queued for funnily enough :o

Specially love how you can just click off your energy shield early to get the stacks that you build instantly. Those lovely 80k heals while being stunned.

Edited by Theshadowbehind

Mercs haven't been bad in solo ranked for a few patches already. Now they are just ******* broken. That's not how balance works - just because a class was bad for a while doesn't mean it should be overbuffed to oppressiveness, but I guess BW are not good at this. (Brings back memories of useless Madness sins turning god mode in a span of a few patches leading up to expansion that made them even more absurd)

#Nerfmercs2017

America, its time to make PvP great again. Right now we have a flood of illegal mercenaries coming into the fleet, and they need to be stopped.

Now i have a plan, and its a great plan. I'm gonna build a wall around the fleet.. And you know who's gonna pay for it? Mercenaries are gonna pay for it, and we are gonna have great relations with Mercenaries.

PVP is at it's best point in years. Look at the leaderboards. Only guard/jugg are not featuring so highly. Merc healers now have the defences that a sorc has (with no instant don't kill me God bubble). Sorcs played well are equals to merc healers.

That's flawed logic. Of course everyone is doing pvp since it gives the biigest cxp rewards. Won't last long though. People doing it only for the cxp will burn out really quickly and the queue times will get back to normal(or below them since a lot of people leave for different reasosns). That's just BW at its best of manipulating their "metrics"

This is what I'm lol'ing about: the irony that Mercs think its 'their time', but in reality BW is f'ing you ULTRA hard. With the new patch, you cant just start another character at 65, level to 70 via wz's, and be in BiS gear like you could in the past. No, you have to grind out your class to tier 3 to get that BiS set gear, and by that time you will be nerfed. So not only will the bads getting carried by their ranged dps-tank be screwed, but you'll be in your next FOTM class with global command rank 1 getting farmed. So enjoy!

As a side note, it's amazing the amount of people that are swearing they were loyal Mercs/Troopers.

Laugh now cry later or he who laughs last laughs the loudest. we all know it getting nerfed just like we all knew it was going to be op.

Mercs haven't been bad in solo ranked for a few patches already. Now they are just ******* broken. That's not how balance works - just because a class was bad for a while doesn't mean it should be overbuffed to oppressiveness, but I guess BW are not good at this. (Brings back memories of useless Madness sins turning god mode in a span of a few patches leading up to expansion that made them even more absurd)

In 4.0 they were terrible.....

yes new mercs can have 3-4 lifes and it's OP...

BUT i hated mercs more (by far) in 4.0 because they killed you in 5sec with total perma snare and/or e-net + insane damage for the life you had. this was absurd.

and now in 5.0 they don't kill you like this, you have possibilities to escape/heal survive.

like i proposed, nerf the new shield/heal ability and cancel the blazing bolt/auto utility while moving (too strong for arsenal spec comparing to IO) or at least remove the 70% snare. that's all.

Edited by Thaladan

Well, I want to start off by saying that I just came back to SWTOR after taking a 5 month break to play another MMORPG, Guild Wars 2. But I gotta say, SWTOR always has that special place in my heart and its really difficult to part with Star Wars, as its part of me now, and part of our culture. I strongly believe its that Idea "Star Wars" that keeps many of us planted in this game for so long.

Well, coming back this time was obviously quite planned as i wanted to check out the new content, and see how classes were doing in terms of overall balance.. And having played gw2 for the past 6 months, i wanted to come back to swtor, not only to enjoy the new content, but compare it to the other MMO ive been enjoying and supporting, just to see if MAYBE swtor can pull me back in as a full timer.

Well sadly this time around, SWTOR wont be holding me very long. I felt like the content was very reused and re-skinned, and doesn't promote group play to any degree whatsoever.. Also, the new gearing system is just totally horrible for thoes who might have a job, or do anything else with their life other than PVE content. As a pvper, gearing in swtor was always decent enough, that i could acquire gear in a timely manner, even gearing up alts.. Well this is no longer the case... I must say it was really enjoyable to be a pvper prior to this patch, now gearing in SWTOR just took a turn for the worst.

On to class balance.. Mercs are just totally broken right now. Even trying to kill a DPS merc is nearly impossible unless you can stealth out while their OP cooldowns are rolling. Even then, if u manage to fight through their god mode defensive systems, they have the highest single target burst in the game, all from range... It just makes no sense to buff the class to the extent that they did. AND GIVING DPS GUARDS!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?... What were you guys thinking with that decision. Now u get into a match, and every deception sin, and veng jugg is guarding their OP merc/sorc healers. Its just a mess. I'm having trouble even finding the words right now im so aggravated with this game.

To all you out there looking to escape this mess, and get into a competitive scene i highly recommend gw2. You might have tried it, and didnt like it, but give it another go and i promise you wont be let down. Gw2's combat system is genius, and much more flexible in terms of builds and self expression with how you play your chosen profession.

Swtor was a great game, but right now its super messed up and i hope this development team comes to their senses. Swtor hasnt got much life left in it, as its getting rather old at this point and its not WoW. So, i really hope changes are made to at least attempt to keep whats left.

One thing i will say about swtor, is the classes theme, and overall design is really more interesting than most MMO's. The classes are something you would REALLY want to be if you could live in that science fiction universe of saber wielding heros.

Anyways. Mercs are OP, and sins are trailing right behind them. The new gearing system is a disaster. Please remove alliance proving grounds. Then end..

You know what i will, bioware lost any desire for me to continue paying for this crap and sense i like playing assassin (deception) is there something akin to that in gw2?

You know what i will, bioware lost any desire for me to continue paying for this crap and sense i like playing assassin (deception) is there something akin to that in gw2?

Yeah, its called Thief. However there are several classes with stealth access.

However i must warn you. Thief class has a very high skill cap. Gw2 in general is much more challenging to get good at, so just keep that in mind. You might get rekt pretty good until u figure out whats going on. You actually gotta dodge attacks, and there is no global cooldown so things are much faster. Also, the health to damage ratios are much more punishing. For example its possible under the right circumstances to build a berserker thief that crits for 25-30k under 25 stacks of might, while only having 12k health. But.. you're gonna be squishy as hell. Its all about options and how u wanna play.

Im playing Both gw2 and swtor right now, and i love them both. There are things that each games does better than the other for sure. Swtor's combat is more group oriented than gw2. In gw2 there is no healers or tanks, however you can play healing and bunker-tank builds they are not considered totally dedicated even-though they pretty much are.

Edited by alienwareguy