I've given up on this game.

theJudeAbides

I've been reading through threads here for about an hour now, all highlighting perfectly valid anger towards this game. Anger which I have felt myself. About CXP and gearing. About all the changes made.

I've been doing some soul-searching this week, and I think I've finally come to the conclusion that BW doesn't want me to be a hardcore player any more. They don't want me to log in every day the way I have for the last 3-4+ years. They don't want me to raid any more. They don't want me to finally give PvP a chance the way I had started to do at the end of 4.0. They don't want me to have nice gear.

They want me to be casual... to maybe log in once or twice a week. And maybe they're right. You know what I did this week after I came home? I didn't log in to SWTOR, that's for sure. I booted up my Wii U. That's right, you heard me. I'd rather play console games than this rubbish. Let that sink in for a minute.

So to all of you, with all of your anger, I say this: Move on. Unsub. I know, it's hard. I loved this game, too, once. But it's broken my heart, the way it's breaking yours. The good news is this, though: There are MUCH better games out there. A lot of games, actually. I'm sure you can find something to your liking. There's plenty of fish in the sea. Fresh, ripe, delicious fish. So stop eating this slimy, under-cooked, half-rotted one and go catch yourself a fresh one.

Waiting for my sub to run out as well.

Been playing on and off since the game launched all those years ago, i last played when SoR came out and i was very disappointed by the devs back then (A lot of quests were bugged and not fixed until after early access even though that had the fixes waiting, training skills costs millions and more then quests netted you and then they removed it with no compensation for us early accessers to name 2 big points).

Very disappointed that since playing 2 years ago there has not been a single new flashpoint, no operations, only 1 new daily planet (Ziost) and only 1 Warzone since then, and the 2 newest expansions are single player only.

My Sorcerer which is my main now sucks and is no longer fun but i can't swap characters for a funner class because Alliance and Galactic command stuff is per character so i feel forced to play a character which i do not enjoy.

indeed brings a tear to my eye thinking it may well be the last nail in the coffin.

After finishing the story, that is simply a masterpiece, hell, even halfway through the thing, you realise all the problems from day1 are still there. They don't bother to even try to fix the engine before a major content update. They don't care if we spend money subscribing and on the cartel market (to get NOTHING that you can say to yourself - hey at least i got my money worth). Matter in fact, they now make that russian rolette mandatory for you to get end-game gear ? im almost lvl 18 (yeah im stupid enough to been farming these last 2 days) and what for you wonder ? green items lower than my 224 gear, companion gifts, reputation trophys, scrap metal, and the ocasional orange or blue item (amazingly, i have 230 lightsabers on my marauder thanks to that amazing drop).

you keep expecting us to keep farming the SAME OLD BEAT UP BUGGY CONTENT, YOU KEEP TAKING OUR MONEY AND PLAIN IGNORING THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU, AND ULTIMATLY YOU WILL ONLY REALISE TOO LATE, THAT LIKE THE GREAT CHARLES CHAPLIN ONCE SAID - GREED HAS POISONED MAN'S SOULS. And by that time all of us will be LONG gone from your game.

Do something, and do it fast bioware. I think this time people really are pissed enough to leave for good

also i'll copy paste the topic i opened tonight. these are my 2 cents

So, here is the thing. After been wasting my abudant amount of credits (sarcasm off from this point forward) wiping trying to progress on chapters in veteran, i finaly decide to google it and see what's wrong, and i'm not doing this just to talk bad about your game, because even with it's flaws i can usually play it. But seriosly veteran mode is completly impossible to progress on dromund kaas, and just comes to show how bad you need to fix the game.

The main thing that is making me seriosly considering stoping subscribing for good, is that the engine is broken since day 1. It's not just lag-wide server, you guys probably understand by now there is something fundamentaly wrong with this, and like i said on the title, im about to quit my hopes. You can't even fix bugs that have been reported dozens of times, and yes i understand this is a mmo and your team is probably understaffed for the amount of content you are trying to put out (which let's face it it's not much besides the story is it? i love it dearly and i hope it so continues but how long has it been since we have 1 new ops ?), but all this and more points i can think of, doesn't change the fact you are ignoring the elephant in the room. And you do need to take a step backwards bioware. You are trying to atract more players to swtor, and in doing so ignoring the old ones, and you don't have a solid gameplay experience to deliver. Yes bugs happen and you can always patch it but by now i'm starting to think that even 12,99 is too much to pay for this.

The secondary thing, it's the cartel market. For the love of god, allow us to use the new-awesome-love-this-button >desintegrate< to get rid of all the crap acumulated from wasting money on your russian rollete packs (btw, i hate the fact NOW this is how you get your end-game gear sets. keep the cosmetics, give us back our token vendors with new awesome looking sets PLEASE), for one main reason..... i can't sell any of the crap, i can't trade any of the crap, i even try to use crap but i also like nice things.

also, if you think about it, it's only a fair use of my money. Use it to fill my shiny new yellow comand bar!

This was probably my last imput here. I'll be waiting on the next cinematic that will hype the crap out of me, and when you release it you will get one more subscription. I seriosly hope, for the last time, some1 is actualy paying attention.

The game is dead now. 5.0? Play it urself.

Pretty safe to say that 5.0 is the NGE of SWTOR. Maybe at some point Lucasfilm and now Disney will actually care about making a Star Wars MMO that can manage to retain its players. With such a license, this shouldn't be happening.

Pretty safe to say that 5.0 is the NGE of SWTOR. Maybe at some point Lucasfilm and now Disney will actually care about making a Star Wars MMO that can manage to retain its players. With such a license, this shouldn't be happening.

I would settle for any game that isn't made for EA at this point, would love another Obsidian Star Wars RPG but we won't see anything like that being out for a decade at the least and that is if EA doesn't get another monopoly license for star wars.

It is the firs time when I can honestly empathize with the sentiment. Usually I avoid the "i'm done" topics - people get tired of games all the time, it's natural... But today? Not even the most loyal SWTOR players are able to just ignore the issues and hope they will get fixed. The story is great but it's the only thing that is in 5.0. I'm still waiting 'till next maintenance - the stubborn part of me does not want to give up on the game without giving it one last chance, but unless something majorly improves I think it's time form me to say goodby as well.

That's what makes this expansion truly disappointing.

Most of us liked this game but Bioware is making it harder and harder to keep liking it.

With every expansion they have done their best to push people away. I don't know how things have got as bad as they have in this expansion, I don't who the hell thought this complete mess of a system would be good for gearing up and why they were foolish enough to think people would find it fun.

Nothing about 5.0 makes any sense to me.

Someone mentioned this being NGE of SWTOR and I have to agree, that is what this feels like. NGE in SWG caused a lot of folk to give up on it and i'm struggling to find a reason to keep my sub up.

A lot of the changes are completely pointless and add absolutely nothing to the game. All this rng gearing does is artificially extend the content. It's not making it fun for people, it's dragging it out needlessly.

The sad part about this is Swtorrevolution (who you should really have on ignore by now) is probably representative of more than a few players.

I'm sure there's lot of people who don't find this expansion a disappointment. And they don't realize just how many ARE finding it a disappointment, and what the long term ramifications are.

NGE was a lot like that too, with clowns telling us we just had to 'wait and it will get better' and that we were too busy 'stuck in the past and what didn't work' and we weren't being fair.

*rolleyes*

NGE was a lot like that too, with clowns telling us we just had to 'wait and it will get better' and that we were too busy 'stuck in the past and what didn't work' and we weren't being fair.

*rolleyes*

It did get better though. Eventually no one had to deal with it. :eek:

I've been reading through threads here for about an hour now, all highlighting perfectly valid anger towards this game. Anger which I have felt myself. About CXP and gearing. About all the changes made.

I've been doing some soul-searching this week, and I think I've finally come to the conclusion that BW doesn't want me to be a hardcore player any more. They don't want me to log in every day the way I have for the last 3-4+ years. They don't want me to raid any more. They don't want me to finally give PvP a chance the way I had started to do at the end of 4.0. They don't want me to have nice gear.

They want me to be casual... to maybe log in once or twice a week. And maybe they're right. You know what I did this week after I came home? I didn't log in to SWTOR, that's for sure. I booted up my Wii U. That's right, you heard me. I'd rather play console games than this rubbish. Let that sink in for a minute.

So to all of you, with all of your anger, I say this: Move on. Unsub. I know, it's hard. I loved this game, too, once. But it's broken my heart, the way it's breaking yours. The good news is this, though: There are MUCH better games out there. A lot of games, actually. I'm sure you can find something to your liking. There's plenty of fish in the sea. Fresh, ripe, delicious fish. So stop eating this slimy, under-cooked, half-rotted one and go catch yourself a fresh one.

As an X wow player. I just quit wow 2 weeks ago. You people really have no idea what you're fussing about . I came here because WOW is in such a dire situation. This game is light years better in terms of all of the things you're complaining about. Remember folks the grass always seems greener. I actually love the changes here

As an X wow player. I just quit wow 2 weeks ago. You people really have no idea what you're fussing about . I came here because WOW is in such a dire situation. This game is light years better in terms of all of the things you're complaining about. Remember folks the grass always seems greener. I actually love the changes here

Oh hey thats cool. So WoW also hasnt released a new raid in over 2 years? And WoW expansions only have 9 hours of story and a couple 15 minute dungeons? I should learn more about this.

Edited by Radzkie

Oh hey thats cool. So WoW also hasnt released a new raid in over 2 years? And WoW expansions only have 9 hours of story and a couple 15 minute dungeons? I should learn more about this.

erm I've never played wow so I checked but when I read about Legion having two raids upon release and 10 dungeons I'm not sure who I should believe...you or reddit?

indeed brings a tear to my eye thinking it may well be the last nail in the coffin.

After finishing the story, that is simply a masterpiece, hell, even halfway through the thing, you realise all the problems from day1 are still there. They don't bother to even try to fix the engine before a major content update. They don't care if we spend money subscribing and on the cartel market (to get NOTHING that you can say to yourself - hey at least i got my money worth). Matter in fact, they now make that russian rolette mandatory for you to get end-game gear ? im almost lvl 18 (yeah im stupid enough to been farming these last 2 days) and what for you wonder ? green items lower than my 224 gear, companion gifts, reputation trophys, scrap metal, and the ocasional orange or blue item (amazingly, i have 230 lightsabers on my marauder thanks to that amazing drop).

you keep expecting us to keep farming the SAME OLD BEAT UP BUGGY CONTENT, YOU KEEP TAKING OUR MONEY AND PLAIN IGNORING THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU, AND ULTIMATLY YOU WILL ONLY REALISE TOO LATE, THAT LIKE THE GREAT CHARLES CHAPLIN ONCE SAID - GREED HAS POISONED MAN'S SOULS. And by that time all of us will be LONG gone from your game.

Do something, and do it fast bioware. I think this time people really are pissed enough to leave for good

Ya know... somewhere around here I have my old WOW CD's to reload. I know it's been 4+ years and a lot of updating...... but maybe that's what I need to do.

If I get back on I'll let you know !

It's really hard to believe it's come down to this... but as you have indicated. It's quite obvious that customer service is somewhere at the bottom of the things to do list here ... sooooo

erm I've never played wow so I checked but when I read about Legion having two raids upon release and 10 dungeons I'm not sure who I should believe...you or reddit?

see the question marks in my post

ques·tion mark

noun

plural noun: question marks

a punctuation mark (?) indicating a question.

used to express doubt or uncertainty about something.

here is the above in meme form

http://i.imgur.com/9nohQh4.jpg

Edited by Radzkie

Every TOR player is different. Why we play and what excites us differs.

I totally understand why people are ending subs, CXP is the worst gearing system ever concocted and a total joke.

However, TOR is my last and sole refuge for real Star Wars. When Disney destroyed Lucas-Era canon on April 25, 2014, they decimated my most cherished and beloved fandom. They broke something I used to feel complete love for, and made it divisive. I now actively and very venomously hate many things called "Star Wars" and openly champion its demise.

TOR has remained committed to a Star Wars with a rich, mysterious, detailed and very complex LORE. As long as they remain true to that, I will maintain my sub until they shut the game down, which I hope is never. I had 19 amazing years of life growing up with this fandom and letting go of TOR would mean everything is finally over, and I just can't handle that. I am a captive.

At least the story was epic and absolutely worthy of the illustrious and noble title of "Star Wars." I will take what I can get.