SWTOR:KoET - Peace Keeper and 'Empress/Emperor' Title (Ingame)

Kass

Titles that need to be added in light of KoET:

Title: Empress/Emperor

Title: Peace Keeper (or something with more swagger like Marshall - idk)

These titles should be awarded based on your final choice in KoET Chapter IX ending dialogue options.

For many Sith and Jedi character players (as well as the other classes), we have unlocked milestone achievements in pre-Eternal Empire content. In my case playing a Sith Assassin, I revealed in watching my force sensitive slave go through her class story from Lord to Darth, etc and then receiving those titles to display ingame.

The lack of a Title award, in regards to such a penultimate climax of KoFE and KoET Chapters where your story navigates you towards assuming the Eternal Throne, seems completely neglegent; and completing this content with all it's complex dialogue choices to navigate in my mind is befitting an ingame Character Title award.

Edited by Kass

I really, really want the Empress title. BioWarre please!

It might be to avoid spoilers for people who haven't finished the story yet. Maybe in a month or two, after most players have finished KotET, they'll be added retroactively.

Then again, we still don't have a <Player Name> the Outlander title....

Possible, but then again, the marketing material for KotET constantly said "take the thrown" (or something extremely similar). That, and Valkorian keeps saying in KotFE that we need to take it.

It might be to avoid spoilers for people who haven't finished the story yet. Maybe in a month or two, after most players have finished KotET, they'll be added retroactively.

Then again, we still don't have a <Player Name> the Outlander title....

I don't have any concept of how hard this might be, but simply make anyone that isn't LVL 70 and hasn't completed the Chapter IX story not be able to see it?

I hope this isn't the case because as many times as I saw DARTH before I reached it...

hundreds of emperors running around fleet? no thanks

Bioware-EA probably sees it this way too I would imagine, seeing as it wasn't included. But the other side of the argument is that the number of people who display a title in an MMO is irrelevant, this is about their 'personal Star Wars story'.

Any time you gather thousands of players together you are going to have some messy 'un-immersive' elements. The real question is would these titles go so far afoul as to be inappropriate to add to game? My answer is no...

Players that feel as you do will simply self censor. Bioware-EA can add other 'honorific' titles to supplement so that there isn't only one title accomplishment to choose from, allowing players to decide for themselves the title(s) they want without relevant and appropriately earned titles being absent due to a fear of "hundreds of emperors running around fleet..."

Sadly there aren't 'hundreds' of anyone running around at the same time anymore (not like back when the game was launched). So this is a fictional issue.

Bioware-EA probably sees it this way too I would imagine, seeing as it wasn't included. But the other side of the argument is that the number of people who display a title in an MMO is irrelevant, this is about their 'personal Star Wars story'.

Any time you gather thousands of players together you are going to have some messy 'un-immersive' elements. The real question is would these titles go so far afoul as to be inappropriate to add to game? My answer is no...

Players that feel as you do will simply self censor. Bioware-EA can add other 'honorific' titles to supplement so that there isn't only one title accomplishment to choose from, allowing players to decide for themselves the title(s) they want without relevant and appropriately earned titles being absent due to a fear of "hundreds of emperors running around fleet..."

Sadly there aren't 'hundreds' of anyone running around at the same time anymore (not like back when the game was launched). So this is a fictional issue.

Fair enough, how about the fact that you are relegated to the space police kiosk on your respective fleet and in no meaningful way in the game become emperor at all? How ridiculous would it be for Palpatine or Valkorian or any Star Wars chancellor, empress, or even a senator to be running around backwater systems hunting down pirates and rogues in an effort to keep the galactic peace? Our characters don't measure up, I still say no.

Edited by Monumenta

I don't think we'll ever get it, we'll probably lose power in the next expansion. Either way I vote no against such a title. It's too much.:rak_03:

Obviously my opinion doesn't affect what boware's ultimate decision is.

Edited by Eshvara

Fair enough, how about the fact that you are relegated to the space police kiosk on your respective fleet and in no meaningful way in the game become emperor at all? How ridiculous would it be for Palpatine or Valkorian or any Star Wars chancellor, empress, or even a senator to be running around backwater systems hunting down pirates and rogues in an effort to keep the galactic peace? Our characters don't measure up, I still say no.

I don't think taking an RP perspective helps flesh out this discussion; but I respect your opinion.

"Emperor/Empress" wouldn't be the first immersion-breaking title to show up in the game, if we're looking at it purely from that perspective. "Barsen'thor," for example, is a title that's only been given out three times over the course of millennia, while "Republic's Most Wanted" necessarily implies a single individual.

In the end, my Sith chose to be an emperor, I'd love the title to go with it.

"Emperor/Empress" wouldn't be the first immersion-breaking title to show up in the game, if we're looking at it purely from that perspective. "Barsen'thor," for example, is a title that's only been given out three times over the course of millennia, while "Republic's Most Wanted" necessarily implies a single individual.

In the end, my Sith chose to be an emperor, I'd love the title to go with it.

I don't disagree... but no one forced Bioware-EA to take the story down this route.

Players shouldn't be deprived of ingame titles simply by virtue that Bioware-EA went into left field trying to draw back in subscribing customers.

I don't think we'll ever get it, we'll probably lose power in the next expansion. Either way I vote no against such a title. It's too much.:rak_03:

Obviously my opinion doesn't affect what boware's ultimate decision is.

We'll definitely be challenged. But because the story premise of the Eternal Throne is built on certain spoilers I won't post here, you're character, regardless of their choice, is stuck with the job.

Edited by Kass

One actually has to wonder, seeing as I've had a couple of people see players with the "Empress" title. They claim it's for the DS choice at the end of Chapter 9. I'm confused, because I also made the DS choice with a male character at the end of Chapter 9, and didn't get "Emperor".

One actually has to wonder, seeing as I've had a couple of people see players with the "Empress" title. They claim it's for the DS choice at the end of Chapter 9. I'm confused, because I also made the DS choice with a male character at the end of Chapter 9, and didn't get "Emperor".

If true that would be very interesting because I also made what could be called 'the DS choice' - though I don't feel it can be really called that in all honesty. More just how the next episode is going to start off for us as opposed to being a "Peace Keeper".

Would love to see a pic of someone with that Title.

Heya, someone before me give me idea about titles

I like Marshall <Character Name> or Warden <Character Name>

I suggest litle tune up for light side titles -

<Character Name>

..Warden Of Piece or Galactic Marshall.

Or <Character Name> <Title>

Or <Character Name>

.............<Title>

Hmm,i dont know about the dark side title,maybe Conqueror The Eternal or Eternal Conqueror,Conqueror of Eternal Empire [both light side/dark side could have it].

Ps : Litle tune up for the long title could be displayed behind name or below main name,but it doesnt matter much.

PPs: The Title[-s] - Emperor/Empress or Emperor/Empress The Eternal or Eternal Emperor/Empress or just The Eternal could be interesting.

Thanks.

hundreds of emperors running around fleet? no thanks

Yeah and there are a bunch of lanas, therons, HKs, and ranos' running around fleet but I guess you don't care about that right? Just got a prob with titles? Like Empire's Wraths and Elite councils?...../smh

• 1 year later...

This is what's confusing me. I played Kotet when it was first released and I too have a clear memory of getting the Empress title on my warrior, yet when I logged on to that character after all this time, it's gone.

This is what's confusing me. I played Kotet when it was first released and I too have a clear memory of getting the Empress title on my warrior, yet when I logged on to that character after all this time, it's gone.

I certainly have never seen it before, on anyone.