Uprisings...

LordTynell

Are a failure. They are not tuned right. I get the Cataclysm vibe where you're going to chase off a lot of people. Don't bury your heads in the sand, Bioware. Retune to Tacticals with respawning healing stations.
#

You finding them difficult? I never have a proplem with any?

#

You finding them difficult? I never have a proplem with any?

I am not personally, but I have had multiple groups keep up because more casual people aren't used to mechanics.. so boom, group dissolves. Then a new group, one wipe, they're gone. It has to be tuned (in story mode obviously) to a lower threshold.

I haven't tried them yet; are they like a "tactical" FP type of mission or do you need to have tank/heals/2 DPS?

They're labeled as any 4 can do them... this is not the case for most people. Bioware will try to sell them like that, but they took out the respawning healing terminals in Story Mode. I think this is a mistake and hurts both old and new players. Obviously for the higher difficulty, I agree, limited heals. But Story Mode...

They were a disaster when I tried to play them yesterday with 4 dps on story mode. I'm sure they'll be easier once people start getting higher command levels. But, I'm level 11 and have yet to get anything I can use, so others are probably in the same boat.

I just knew I'd be the one RNG takes a dump on, though :D

If you don't luck out and get a healer, you're screwed.

This is bad design.

And don't tell me something ridiculous like "don't suck". Most of these uprising bosses are almost impossible to progress through without a dedicated healer. I think everyone's realizing it -- that's why, right now, even on the Harbinger, the uprising pops are taking forever, because nobody wants to do them for fear of being in an all-DPS group.

Edited by damonskye

If you don't luck out and get a healer, you're screwed.

This is bad design.

And don't tell me something ridiculous like "don't suck". Most of these uprising bosses are almost impossible to progress through without a dedicated healer. I think everyone's realizing it -- that's why, right now, even on the Harbinger, the uprising pops are taking forever, because nobody wants to do them for fear of being in an all-DPS group.

Yeah, I just did my first uprising and we had 3 healers so it was easy. BW really need nerf story mode or at least add healing nodes or whatever those things called.

Edited by Jennica

Goldilocks Syndrome continues to be alive and well in SWTOR.

"It's too hard!"

"It's too easy!"

yada yada yada.

OP.. calling Uprisings a "failure" is pure hyperbole on your part. Such a statement reads as though everything about Uprisings is bad. You even admit yourself you do not have an issue with it, but that some players in your group do. Well.. welcome to MMO grouping... where there are all manner of players with varying skills, tactics, etc.

If you see an issue that you think is a tuning issue or bug with the encounter, document it and put it in a bug report. Or do you just want to grouse about it rather then help get it fixed?

they are just short tacticals very short tacticals. and they need to have respawning heal stations if you are going to have a random grouping that doesnt fill heal roll.

they are not hard but they do require healing and its just that simple.

I have only played a couple... but this assessment is accurate in my view.

They are enough challenge that I don't think you can "scrub-walk" them with an unprepared or ill formed group. From reading their comments on Uprisings... that IS working as intended. So of course we are going to see many threads about bad PuG groups failing on Uprisings and blaming the studio rather then a bad group or group members.

People who want a cake walk should stick to Heroics and story mode FPs in my view.

Edited by Andryah

The tat one is the only one that I have had problems with... And that is only the 2nd boss, because they hate melee apparently. I was surprised at how easy they could be soloed with a healing comp.

The 2 droids problem is that people don't pay attention to the reflective shield and people knockback the droids that explode and the red circle disappears so you can't see where they are gonna explode...

Then you agree that uprisings should be forced: Tank, 2 DPS and healer? Like that other game that does things right...

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/

I would with that statement. I think Kolto stations are one of the worst things they put in the game as they teach people bad mechanics. I understand why they were put in the game as so many people go DPS and it's not always easy to find a healer or tank for the group, but Kolto stations let people Leory and not have to suffer for it or learn mechanics.

Our guild often do tactical's as a training tool for group content and when people aren't allowed to use Kolto tanks they pay attention better and learn the fights.

Then you agree that uprisings should be forced: Tank, 2 DPS and healer? Like that other game that does things right...

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/

Actually Uprisings, like Flashpoints should have 3 UNIFORM modes:

Story: Solo

Veteran: Group

Master: Group Hard Mode

Currently they are not even uniform across types.. Some SM Flashpoints are group, some are solo. Some veteran FPs can be soloed. All of the storymode uprisings are actually tactical FPs, but they've pushed over the last year and a half that story = solo....

There is too much confusion about what constitutes what playtype. They need to get them all on the same page. Personally I think they should get everyone in the same room and say:

Story is Solo

Heroic is Duo

Veteran is Group

Master is Hard Group

Nightmare is Hard Hard Group

Uniformity would go a long way into expectations....

As I mentioned in another post

The Kolto Station respawn rate is almost non existent. How's a fresh 70 and or a group of DPS suppose to do Story Mode. Seriously this issue needs fixing or Uprising will go the way of Star Fighter or Space Missions.

Some suggestions.

1 Reduce the timer for the respawn (if there even is one, if not please put one in)

2 Nerf some of the boss fights for Story Mode.

3 Make a minimum gearing requirement level for entry of each mode.

4 Change the group requirement for Story Mode to Tank, Healer and 2 DPS.

They just need to go back to enforcing tank, heals and 2 DPS for group content; any four people means they have to cater to the lowest common denominator, i.e. they have to make story mode face-roll.

I can't believe they didn't learn that lesson from the old Tactical FPs.

They just need to go back to enforcing tank, heals and 2 DPS for group content; any four people means they have to cater to the lowest common denominator, i.e. they have to make story mode face-roll.

I can't believe they didn't learn that lesson from the old Tactical FPs.

I think they learned that not enforcing trinity means GF is usable; so more people can PuG through GF. Tehre aren't enough healers/tanks to force trinity for pugs.

These things were designed by idiots...

If you're going to have a lazy group finder tool that does not select based on roles then you have to tune this **** for a potential group of 4 dps because a majority of them will be.

I don't understand how a facility of creative minds can't figure out a way to move past this stupid tank/healer syndrome that plagues the ever living **** out of MMO's.