Merc super cancer 5.0!!!!!!

Trimexxx

I still love the feel of my jugg more, but maras are crazy fun too :D

If I could just get my Jugg back out of the mud pit that 5.0 put her in, I would be using her instead. I don't like the mobility nerfs we received and it is extremely frustrating now that every other class can basically speed run everywhere.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel free to point out any mistakes in what I said.

As for mara - Carnage/Combat is doing just fine thanks and seems to be in a pretty good place. At least for me anyway - you're not having fun with it? I'm consistently hitting top DPS and the burst is fantastic. I can give you some tips if you'd like.

Ive main a sin have since launch only play other classes so I know how to beat them. Happy with sin atm it bit better then 4.0. Most notable is the sustainability in dps you can really keep up the pressure now.

Mara are the same aviod the gore window take avantage of there lack of control.

Juggs sames as always cc/cloak enure wirlwind saber and kite reflect. Lol at ravage now.

Ops seem weaker or it might be just idiots manning them now.

Sorcs are garbage outside heals and free kills

PT are horrible they got no new goodies and there burst isnt all the impressive with the new health pool.

Merc even in 4.0 it was advantage merc a good one should never lose to a sin or atleast have the sin cloak out. 5.0 I have to treat them like jugs cc the 2 dcd control there gap openers and hpoe the person playing it is a window licker even then its 50- 50. Still have the ace card if i dont like it i cloak.out. only if i dont have 4 to 5 nets on me as there are so many *******s playing this class.

Edited by Kinsal

And unlike the sorc bubble, the merc reflect only gives immunity to direct single target damage - not aoe, not dots, and not CC. I've been killed multiple times with it up by the few people and teams who have figured out how it works.

As for energy shield, it only heals when it ends. I DO think Bioware should not allow it to be clicked off, so you can't take advantage of any accumulated stacks before the duration expires.

Why shouldn't mercs be able to click it off to get the heal earlier? Sorcs can do the same thing to control when bubble stun goes off.

So, one of the classes that has been at the bottom for every single season receives some much needed buffs to make them competitive and people are already complaining before the next season even begins.

they needed a little love now its just ridiculous how do i know seeing 3-4 mercs every match.................. but i doesn't matter Bioware doesn't care so why should I! I unsubbed i ain't paying for this crap any more. if your gonna make classes that are Hvy weights and keep others as light weights and not fix the way matches are qued you will see lopsided ques that are pointless to participate in. way to go you stupid idiot devs.

I feel bad for Mara's right now especially. While they are still fun to play, Sins are just superior in 5.0. And with all the Mercs running around with with their OP defensive cooldowns. God forbid you piss a Merc off by touching them, you will be trolled with electronet the entire match.

Thats my main gripe with merc. Players get beat, then they just troll whatever player killed them with electronet the entire match just to be a complete a-hole. And given how strong mercs are right now, they do not deserve to have electronet how it currently exist. The damage is insane however manageable if you blow some vital cooldowns. But for the love of god, please remove the other effects that prevent high mobility actions. Poor juggs are already slow enough, then once you got 4 mercs (the wz average right now) netting them, they are really going no where.

I feel like. Mercs did need some defensive buffs maybe.. But right now it seems like they have the ability to survive anything thrown at them way to often.

Edited by alienwareguy

I feel bad for Mara's right now especially. While they are still fun to play, Sins are just superior in 5.0. And with all the Mercs running around with with their OP defensive cooldowns. God forbid you piss a Merc off by touching them, you will be trolled with electronet the entire match.

Thats my main gripe with merc. Players get beat, then they just troll whatever player killed them with electronet the entire match just to be a complete a-hole. And given how strong mercs are right now, they do not deserve to have electronet how it currently exist. The damage is insane however manageable if you blow some vital cooldowns. But god forbid, please remove the other effects that prevent high mobility actions. Poor juggs are already slow enough, then once you got 4 mercs (the wz average right now) netting them, they are really going no where.

I feel like. Mercs did need some defensive buffs maybe.. But right now it seems like they have the ability to survive anything thrown at them way to often.

Electronet could use a CD increase if merc is keeping all the other ridiculous toys they got in 5.0.

Played a devastating ranked game yesterday on my Marauder.

Team composition was 3 Marauders 1 jugg vs 4 mercs.

We got netted to oblivion and had to keep swapping targets to avoid healing them 2 full again.

Add in 4x heatseker auto crits. The jugg just got stun locked and globaled, poor guy.

Played a devastating ranked game yesterday on my Marauder.

Team composition was 3 Marauders 1 jugg vs 4 mercs.

We got netted to oblivion and had to keep swapping targets to avoid healing them 2 full again.

Add in 4x heatseker auto crits. The jugg just got stun locked and globaled, poor guy.

3 maras should be able to global a merc through energy shield i think. But yeah, with everyone netted against 4 mercs - i don't think you ever got a chance

Pro tip. If someone has the Kolto Overload heal up to 70%, then they EITHER:

Don't have Energy Rebounder, so their energy shield is going to be on a long cooldown

and/or

Don't have Stablized Armor - so they're going to be missing the 30% DR on AOE and Stun. Which means they are toast in a hardstun, even with reflect.

Quite frankly I'm not convinced the Kolto Surge utility is worth the tradeoff.

https://gyazo.com/9d1520cb6ed7604d9514d8704c4d5483

Merc super cancer 5.0!!!!!!

Your entire thread is cancer, the community is toxic as F*********K and very few players are willing to adapt even slightly in order to play better. No, it is much better to whine and drown the internet in a endless sea of salty tears.

But do go on, all this whining is very amusing.

Your entire thread is cancer, the community is toxic as F*********K and very few players are willing to adapt even slightly in order to play better. No, it is much better to whine and drown the internet in a endless sea of salty tears.

But do go on, all this whining is very amusing.

Toxic or not, the threads got a lot of points regarding mercs and their current 'overlord' status.

They are overtuned and they do need some small nerfs to start off with before re-evaluating and seeing if they need any more.

Just because they've only recently been made OP for the first time in ages does not means they should stay like that for ages and have their "Time in the spotlight."

Then congratulations, they self-root whenever they cast blazing bolts (a HUGE part of their dps - ideally every 8 seconds or so) and are essentially prey to anything higher on the food chain than plankton. People should be *hoping* mercs spec as badly as that.

Thrill of the hunt is considered mandatory for a reason.

Edited by Jherad

After Merc/Mando takes a couple nerfs they will still be murdering massive people because their fundamental tool set has been increased....No matter what you do with the healing the immunity shield will allow Mercs to melt face period.....get used to Merc/Mando cleaning the floor with people....its going to happen even if they tune the class down a bit...... Edited by Soljin

After Merc/Mando takes a couple nerfs they will still be murdering massive people because their fundamental tool set has been increased....No matter what you do with the immunity shield reflect Mercs will melt face period.....get used to Merc/Mando cleaning the floor with people....its going to happen even if they tune the class down a bit......

Maybe but knowing BW, when they nerf they use the big hammer. So my expectations are to nerf heavily arsenal damage

Maybe but knowing BW, when they nerf they use the big hammer. So my expectations are to nerf heavily arsenal damage

I expect they will actually let Merc/Mando remain how it is for awhile because gearing is on a much slower rate of acquisition and making class changes now with any precision will be impossible.

Bioware will likely say they are going to leave class balancing until more people get to higher tiers of gearing......

Edited by Soljin

I expect they will actually let Merc/Mando remain how it is for awhile because gearing is on a much slower rate of acquisition and making class changes now with any precision will be impossible.

Bioware will likely say they are going to leave class balancing until more people get to higher tiers of gearing......

Could be. My point was more in a historic perspective. Conc OP - damage nerfed, turned to troll with the roll. Smash - heavily nerfed, still i like gravity vortex and furious strike. Lightning sorc - nerfed so hard so many times that it's not even funny. AP burst - nerfed, maybe not that heavily but still. Hatred sins - nerfed several times in a row because of madness sorcs. Pyro was a really nice spec in 2.x - nerfed to oblivion. I probably forgot something but you get my point.

Edited by Tsetso

This is really a discussion of bad players no longer being able to kill mercs simply by stun locking. Thats the only mechanic many players know how to use. "I stunned him, applied dps as instructed and he didn't die. Though he did glow a strange color and green numbers popped out of him. NEVERTHELESS I'm unsubbing this game is clearly broken!!!"(Sobs uncontrollablely)

If you have ever killed a jugg or sorc simply repeat that same level or awareness.

Could be. My point was more in a historic perspective. Conc OP - damage nerfed, turned to troll with the roll. Smash - heavily nerfed, still i like gravity vortex and furious strike. Lightning sorc - nerfed so hard so many times that it's not even funny. AP burst - nerfed, maybe not that heavily but still. Hatred sins - nerfed several times in a row because of madness sorcs. Pyro was a really nice spec in 2.x - nerfed to oblivion. I probably forgot something but you get my point.

Heck you could be right....for all I know they could just drop a patch and Nerf all the Merc abilities down to 1.

This is really a discussion of bad players no longer being able to kill mercs simply by stun locking. Thats the only mechanic many players know how to use. "I stunned him, applied dps as instructed and he didn't die. Though he did glow a strange color and green numbers popped out of him. NEVERTHELESS I'm unsubbing this game is clearly broken!!!"(Sobs uncontrollablely)

If you have ever killed a jugg or sorc simply repeat that same level or awareness.

The number of people I see DPSing into a full 6 seconds of reflect on mercs is just staggering. Literally teams crowding around him and unleashing full burst rotations.

They made the thing a BRIGHT RED BUBBLE, and gave it loud sound effects and people still don't stop.

Edited by Jherad

The number of people I see DPSing into a full 6 seconds of reflect on mercs is just staggering. Literally teams crowding around him and unleashing full burst rotations.

They made the thing a BRIGHT RED BUBBLE, and gave it loud sound effects and people still don't stop.

Best part is even if the people not learning to counter Merc/Mando complain enough to get the class tuned down Reflective shield will stay....and people that don't get it will still dump all their DPS into the Reflect and cry about it......

They will not remove the ability......

Edited by Soljin

Best part is even if the people not learning to counter Merc/Mando complain enough to get the class tuned down Reflective shield will stay....and people that don't get it will still dump all their DPS into the Reflect and cry about it......

They will not remove the ability......

You are very salty my good sir, very very salty indeed

You are very salty my good sir, very very salty indeed

Not particularly...but ok.

This is almost identical to the outcry right after launch......So Bioware nerfed Arsenal Mercenary hard!.....

Then "All of the sudden" everyone found their interrupt key and Mercs became the worst PvP class in the game.....

The moral of the story is play the game for a few weeks before bringing out the NERF cries......People will start to understand whats happening with Merc and the counters will come.....

Not to mention others will learn their classes a bit better in the new system.....Just give it a few weeks before starting countless threads about NERFING things.

Not particularly...but ok.

This is almost identical to the outcry right after launch......So Bioware nerfed Arsenal Mercenary hard!.....

Then "All of the sudden" everyone found their interrupt key and Mercs became the worst PvP class in the game.....

The moral of the story is play the game for a few weeks before bringing out the NERF cries......People will start to understand whats happening with Merc and the counters will come.....

Not to mention others will learn their classes a bit better in the new system.....Just give it a few weeks before starting countless threads about NERFING things.

I find myself nodding while reading your text, i agree with every line.