Merc super cancer 5.0!!!!!!

Trimexxx

Point!

Stop hitting it during reclect and bubble phase, and that is their 2 heal to full DCD's gone ...

Problem with that is, it let's them free cast on you with the biggest burst in game for 18s (12s energy shield, 6s responsive safeguards)

"Mez them." numerous reasons why mez can go wrong (someone else hitting (100% guaranteed to happen in regs) DoT on them etc.)

"LoS them." gl LoSsing when they either root you from 30m, or just net you.

Also, if you manage all of that, the energy is shield back up in about 30-40s. Also, they still haven't popped Kolto Overload(with kolto surge) that you can't dps through alone

Honestly, to nerf a bit of the merc survivability and buff pt's little, i'd probably just take responsive safeguards away from merc and give to pt

Edited by Kirpputori

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there were 3 of you on one merc and he didn't die for 2 min then the issue isn't with the merc.

so you guys seriously unloaded into energy shield instead of just stunning him when its up reflect is only 6 wopping seconds. kolto overload should not even reach 70% health if you two are geared and dpsing right assuming one of you is a healer not attacking. Honestly that is just bad, are mercs really strong yes. Are dps juggs yes, are deception and darkness sins yes, operative concealment yes. The only two classes that really need to be buffed are pt dps (just need a extra dcd) and lightning sorc (needs just flat out more dmg).

so you guys seriously unloaded into energy shield instead of just stunning him when its up reflect is only 6 wopping seconds. kolto overload should not even reach 70% health if you two are geared and dpsing right assuming one of you is a healer not attacking. Honestly that is just bad, are mercs really strong yes. Are dps juggs yes, are deception and darkness sins yes, operative concealment yes. The only two classes that really need to be buffed are pt dps (just need a extra dcd) and lightning sorc (needs just flat out more dmg).

I try to stop damage, but when you play with 220ms lag you can't just play the buffs as you see them, you have to guess, it's even worse if Bio are having their "artificial lag spikes" over 300ms. So half the time I'm still damaging them before I see the buff. That can take their health up a bit, especially if there is lots going on.

What's really hard to take is just letting them unload massive damage on you while they are face tanking you and your DCs are down or you have no escape/Los. Lots of time they can just kill you and you are helpless to do anything or even get the satisfaction or going down swinging. At least with a Jugg you usually can some distance while their heal buff is up. You can't do that with a Merc.

The only real counter to Mercs is snipers or other Mercs. Sorcs as they are can run and disengage, but they aren't going to kill the Merc with burst.

Edited by Icykill_

And when exactly do you stop hitting a PT?

I already know the answer - when he's dead.

The lengths people go to in order to justify this is just absurd.

I'm with you 110% on this Vember. This is ridiculous and the people here who are defending this "balance" (which this is NOT balance) are probably part of the problem.

I stopped queuing for solo ranked for any other class because I was sick of the lopsided games going up against 3/4 Mercs and my team was full of squishy Maras, Sins and Sorcs in companion-loving and story-nerd guilds.

Edited by Talon_strikes

No. PT dps needs more than that, Pyro is limping along with no legs and a stump for an arm at this point.