The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is Bestia XP farming a CXP Exploit?

Kheld

I see ads for this on fleet all the time.

Is it some sort of CXP exploit?

You don't get any CXP from adds.

Though you get LOADS of experience points. You can get 65 - 70 in 20 minutes more or less. Depends on your boosting thingies :) (exp gear, exp boost, rested exps)

XP farming as an OPs group was possible the whole time. Figured that out during rakghoul event for the H2. Thing is, CXP is gained by killing elite, champions and bosses. So this would fall under clever use of game mechanics. Even if the devs didnt intend it. They cant punish people for playing it by the rules.

Now if the devs dont want unlimited mob spawns to grant CXP, that might be something worthy of getting nerfed. But not necessarily punished.

Edited by Zasszz

Unless they are weak/standard/strong (which is highly unlikely in operation) you get CXP from killing them.

I would classify this as exploit.

They are elite/champions so you get CXP. If anything, killing endless waves all day might be not working as intended.

Either they nerf CXP from adds or, which is unlikely, nerf the encounter.

They are elite/champions so you get CXP. If anything, killing endless waves all day might be not working as intended.

Either they nerf CXP from adds or, which is unlikely, nerf the encounter.

Wrong. Adds from ops bosses do not give cxp, so you can't farm bestia for cxp, just xp.

the real exploit is getting rewards for losing in pvp. why does every pvper get a participation trophy even if they lose?

Eh, you still have to participate in order to get notable rewards, since it's based on medals as well as win/loss status. At this point, removing the credit given for a loss would just turn PvP even more toxic than it already is, and actually wouldn't do much to benefit the winners, either; if you "win" because most of an opposing team ragequits as soon as they start to lose, you don't get significant credit either. That's already the case.

the real exploit is getting rewards for losing in pvp. why does every pvper get a participation trophy even if they lose?

Because they don't give the rewards as you earn medals in the match until the match ends. Even if you lose, you still did some effort to gain exp, credits, medals. In a PvE encounter you get the rewards as you finish each encounter or bonus. You kill a group of mobs or a boss, you get the reward, it doesn't wait for you to finish the FP/OPS/Uprising to give you the rewards you accrued. Unlike in PvP, you have to finish out the match to get the rewards for what you've accomplished during the match.

Unless they are weak/standard/strong (which is highly unlikely in operation) you get CXP from killing them.

I would classify this as exploit.

No. I helped a few guildies "beastia farm" and I got no CXP from it.

Guess the devs already took it into consideration.

Edited by Radzkie

Not exactly correct... you get rewarded based on your individual performance. Go into a WZ and get 0 medals and you will get ZERO xp, ZERO credits, ZERO valor, ZERO CxP. This scales up to 8 medals... or at least it used to. Additionally, those numbers DOUBLE if you are on the winning team.

Eh, you still have to participate in order to get notable rewards, since it's based on medals as well as win/loss status. At this point, removing the credit given for a loss would just turn PvP even more toxic than it already is, and actually wouldn't do much to benefit the winners, either; if you "win" because most of an opposing team ragequits as soon as they start to lose, you don't get significant credit either. That's already the case.

I can enter an OP and wipe over and over and over. plenty of participation there. It gets pretty toxic when that happens. so where are my rewards for participating? If I do not kill the last boss, the weekly will never complete, no matter how many times I try. I can lose over and over in pvp and still complete the weekly.

Edited by ivanhedgehog

Wrong. Adds from ops bosses do not give cxp, so you can't farm bestia for cxp, just xp.

You are correct. I forgot that CXP can only be earned at lvl70.

I just looked at a video where a guy spends 5 hours farming bestia to reach 70. I did it with my char doing H2 (solo and grouped) for about half an hour.

Because if those weren't there, pvp would have even fewer willing participants than it ever had at its worst. Have fun with your once-a-week 5-minute match!