Roll Back Lana and Senya Face Changes

cmdrzoom

For what it's worth, and though I know chances are low that it'll happen, I'll say it here too:

I'm not a fan of the changes to Lana and Senya's faces that were made with 5.0. In both cases, I preferred their previous looks.

Please, please, please roll them back to how they looked during FE.

Sorry but I like the new and improved Coke um Lana.

First time I saw her, I wondered if something went wrong with how they created the image map for her.

And (Oh, I;m so going to get crud for this) women have cosmetic surgery all the time anyway.... :D

How they looked during Fallen Empire? That's weird. They've changed even in Fallen Empire to their Eternal Throne models. o_O I did the intro cutscene of Chapter Twelve just to get access to Hylo Visz so I could turn in a quest, and suddenly... Lana has eyeliner, and Senya a) lost the twin strands of hair that were falling out of her bun, b) her eyes are darker, which *really* looks weird, and c) her skin is paler.

That wasn't like that before 5.0 came out. It looks...kind of jarring.

So yeah - please change them back in Fallen Empire. :D They can have their Eternal Throne designs when they're actually in Eternal Throne (I kind of like Senya's redesign. It makes sense, given the short time-skip between KOTFE and KOTET).

She's certainly old enough to be a grandmother - she has grown children.

Oh certainly, it's not like she looks like a spring chicken now, nor do I want her to look like one. She just looks right after the fix.

Edited by Eshvara

I think they need to add some texture to Lana's face either way. Koth got this great textured face and outfit and Lana (and everyone else) Looks like play doh in comparison. They also need to fix Lana and Vaylin's clipping. They gave them unique facial sculpts but left the default animations so their damn eyes and mouths clip oddly in cutscenes. It's ridiculous.

A picture, as they say, is worth a thousand. So here's 2k words for comparison.

Lana Before

Lana After

The main difference I see, other than improved realism on the new version, is that the new version appears to have her proportions slightly different so that there appears to be more space between her eyes and the bottom of her nose than before. I do think the previous proportions were better, though I appreciate the greater realism of the new version.

Please, I would absolutely PAY for a customization to change Lana's face back to the KOTFE version!!! This new KOTET face looks like she's aged over 20 years, not 5! I can appreciate the realism that they were aiming for with the update, but to only apply it to a couple of characters just makes their proportions look way out of whack in comparison

• 5 weeks later...

Don't mind Lana's change... but Senya's face is horrible now.

It isn't that they made her look more aged, it's that it looks like they took a blur tool, massacred the texture with no regards to the face mesh and saved it in low res. It's jarring, especially when she is in the cut-scenes next to just about anyone.

Senya's face used to be wider than it is now. I actually liked it better before, same with Lana. It seems they shrank her nose and narrowed her face. Leave Lana's nose alone. :p The problem is that they changed the proportions of both character's features.

I think they need to add some texture to Lana's face either way. Koth got this great textured face and outfit and Lana (and everyone else) Looks like play doh in comparison. They also need to fix Lana and Vaylin's clipping. They gave them unique facial sculpts but left the default animations so their damn eyes and mouths clip oddly in cutscenes. It's ridiculous.

I disagree about Koth's texture looking great. I think his giant pores look horrid! I do agree that Lana looks worse every time they tinker with her. Detail for detail's sake is an artistic mistake :p

• 5 months later...