The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Rank 6 Companion Gifts on Odessan Now Cost 250,000 Credits each! The Frack Bioware?

Grieverheart

While I agree it is high they did warn us that they were going to be extremely high on the stream because they "claim" you will get companion gifts in the command crates (Rank 3- No companion gift yet) so they were increasing the price for the ones at the vendors.

You need 6 blue ones to match one of those. Pretty sure 6 blue ones won't cost anywhere near 250k so it's completely bogus.

At first I thought it was a screwy set up, but now I'm thinking it's actually kind of consistent (albeit maybe not to such an extreme degree). The Rank 5 blues cost 25x that of Rank 1 greens, but until pretty high Influence levels, you're still getting more bang for your buck on those Rank 1 greens. Basically, you're paying a premium to use fewer gifts, in some cases, to an extreme degree.

It's up to the player to determine where convenience outweighs cost.

While I agree it is high they did warn us that they were going to be extremely high on the stream because they "claim" you will get companion gifts in the command crates (Rank 3- No companion gift yet) so they were increasing the price for the ones at the vendors.

"Will get" doesn't mean each pack. One gift in one pack of a hundred counts. ;) You've been around long enough to know this. lol

Common Data Crystal to Credits Rate

1 CDC = 500 credits

1 Rank 6 Companion Gift (from vendor on Odessan) = 30 common data crystals.

30 cdc x 500 credits each = 15,000 credits.

Price of rank 6 companion gifts on Odessan as of 5.0: 250,000 credits each.

Really?

They warned us the gifts would cost A LOT of credits. They said they didn't want that to end up the only way people get their companion gifts. I don't necessarily agree with the price, but we were forewarned that it would be a high cost post 5.0.

You might not want to admit to that part.

Just saying...

I admit nothing. The old way, using scripts and credits, was much more expensive than the current/new way which doesn't require scripts.

Edited by Savej

At first I thought it was a screwy set up, but now I'm thinking it's actually kind of consistent (albeit maybe not to such an extreme degree). The Rank 5 blues cost 25x that of Rank 1 greens, but until pretty high Influence levels, you're still getting more bang for your buck on those Rank 1 greens. Basically, you're paying a premium to use fewer gifts, in some cases, to an extreme degree.

It's up to the player to determine where convenience outweighs cost.

Exactly.

I guess we are going to keep seeing repeat threads on this until people sit down and think through what they did and why.

Sales prices on the GTNs for these rank 6 legendary gifts has been running between 120k and 200K for many months now. Anyone that thought they would get them for the equivalent credit conversion price of 30 crystals is not being objective in any way. The crystal conversion rate was low to begin with... and smart people liquidated them in advance. Personally, I skipped the rank 6 gifts and liquidated on rank 5 artifact gifts... as they provided higher return for crystals spent.

People need to A) read advance notices about things like this and B) think things through before jerking knee up into ones chin.

Edited by Andryah

Common Data Crystal to Credits Rate

1 CDC = 500 credits

1 Rank 6 Companion Gift (from vendor on Odessan) = 30 common data crystals.

30 cdc x 500 credits each = 15,000 credits.

Price of rank 6 companion gifts on Odessan as of 5.0: 250,000 credits each.

Really?

Exactly, they lost their fricking mind.

Expensive I can understand but a quarter of a million for ONE rank 6 companion gift is a little extreme.

Come on guys tone it down a little I mean 4 gifts for a million credits? Get real.

The least you could so is use a little lube if your going to do it to us so hard....

While watching them on the stream, reading some of their responses then witnessing the things they do in-game, Im pretty sure they are of a low IQ and comprehension breed. Not trying to demean or hurt feelings, just a general observation and understanding. Only explanation I can come up with. Or the biggest troll in the history of MMO's, outside SWG NGE.

While watching them on the stream, reading some of their responses then witnessing the things they do in-game, Im pretty sure they are of a low IQ and comprehension breed. Not trying to demean or hurt feelings, just a general observation and understanding. Only explanation I can come up with. Or the biggest troll in the history of MMO's, outside SWG NGE.

The is SWTOR NGE

New

Gear

Experience

And it is as big a fail as SWG's NGE.

All The Best

Anyone that thought they would get them for the equivalent credit conversion price of 30 crystals is not being objective in any way. The crystal conversion rate was low to begin with... and smart people liquidated them in advance. Personally, I skipped the rank 6 gifts and liquidated on rank 5 artifact gifts... as they provided higher return for crystals spent.

People need to A) read advance notices about things like this and B) think things through before jerking knee up into ones chin.

50k would have sufficed, it's still more than 3 x Rank 5 Artifact gifts, so you would have paid an extra 20k for the ease of clicks. That's not cheap, you're still talking what, about 155 Legendary gifts to max rep from zero? 7.75m per rank 50 companion isn't cheap itself, however if you wanted to do it on the current price? 38.75m per rank 50 comp, using Rank 6 Legendary Gifts.

There is little point making a credit sink, if no-one uses that credit sink because the price outweighs the ease of use.

At 7.75m, I'd consider using it. At 38.75m, there is no way I would use it.

What I have found to be "fun" for the last few weeks, was to do Weeklies and then buy companion gifts with the crystals I got from those quests.......so yeah weeklies just became something not worth doing, because they sure as h**l didn't amp up the credit rewards. So congratulation you just killed a HUGE part of "end game" content for me.......I hardly think I will be re-subscriping after this 60-day sub. Unless the galactic command thing "saves" the day.....but so far what I have been reading.....it sure as h**l doesn't. Oh and please could somebody tell why it is worth paying for these early access, since all you are is paying beta tester. This is always the same. You bring new content and BAM load of new bugs etc. do you not test your stuff? I mean you would think that the "Crew Skill" window bug plagueing right now would have been caught in testing. Not to mention I lost the ability to do Shae Vizla recruitment quest, after I used the item which unlocks her right away, even thou the item SPECIFICALLY said IT WILL NOT STOP me from doing the recruitment quest. When I used the item, to unlock Vizla, the alert/quest from Theron Shan in the companion window disappeared. Also how come I never got to do the HK-55 bonus quest? EEhh? I can't even select it from the chapter window. Edited by CainStar

You can get 10k rank 5 purples for 10 million credits. That's plenty of influence for several companions on several alts... It is cheaper than it used to be using scripts and lots of rank 1 gifts.

I do believe that you dropped a '0.

There are 4x 0's in 10,000. When you multiply 10,000 x 10,000, that leaves you with 8x 0's or 100,000,000 credit, not 10,000,000.