Is Lana & Koth *Spoiler*

RaithHarth

Yeah there hints in KotFE and then KotET but it's hard to say...Lana vigorously denies when you ask early on in Zakuul, but the way she treats him KotET does suggest something. When I executed him it was quite emotional.

I've only played the first three chapters of KotET with a character romanced to Theron, but one of my chars is romanced to Lana so it'll be interesting to see any different dynamic. Also in the playthrpughs where Koth didn't leave.

Conclusion: hard to say, could be there was something or maybe they just got really since for a few years they were largely on their own fighting Zakuul together.

Most likly, from the way they talk to one another, especially in the first 9 chapters of fallen empire. And it would be incredibly cliche, which all but makes it a certenty that the writers went with it, since they have proven unable to write anything that is both original and good, really they cant write anything good most of the time even if it is unoriginal

Actually, I'm pretty sure in chapter three (KOTET) there's a piece of dialogue that confirms that Lana and Koth were once a thing. Unless they removed it.

Yeah I'm a bit hesitant if I should kill Koth or not, if I decide not to kill him all might be revealed about him and Lana, and if I do kill him, Lana will no longer love me.

Yeah, someone just posted in General about it. During CH3 of KOTET there's a certain line you can pick and then Koth basically rubs your face in the fact he's had a thing with Lana while you were in carbonite. Think it only triggers though if you have Lana romanced.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=902971

That's weird..it never showed up for me . When I asked Koth on the gravestone..he said ''It isn't like that '' ....and when I asked Lana at the beginning of Kotfe she said ''I hope you are kidding'' ...or something like that .

It's a conspiracy..I tell ya ...if Lana romanced anyone while I was frozen..its probably with my 17 others toons and none else :p

Yeah I'm a bit hesitant if I should kill Koth or not, if I decide not to kill him all might be revealed about him and Lana, and if I do kill him, Lana will no longer love me.

Lana wouldn't care if you killed Koth after the **** he pulled

I found the whole 'Koth had a thing with Lana once' ordeal a bit strange, maybe that's just because I always thought Lana would have a Garrus/Tali situation with Theron.

Edited by Codedrago

That's weird..it never showed up for me . When I asked Koth on the gravestone..he said ''It isn't like that '' ....and when I asked Lana at the beginning of Kotfe she said ''I hope you are kidding'' ...or something like that .

It's a conspiracy..I tell ya ...if Lana romanced anyone while I was frozen..its probably with my 17 others toons and none else :p

Does Koth have to live for him to reveal that to you? Or can you kill him right after?

Does Koth have to live for him to reveal that to you? Or can you kill him right after?

It's before you get the chance to kill him. He asks if you'll be good to Lana, you ask if he's jealous, then he snidely says that he had her first and you don't deserve her. Then when you do kill him, he cries out to Lana as his last word.

Edited by Tamyn

Secret romantically involved with one another? It sure seems that way, they seem pretty close for some reason, if that is the case, it won't go lightly towards my character since he has feelings for Lana.

It seems like Lana had her "3 minutes" of Koth during the years the Outlander was frozen in carbonite but I don't think they are together currently.

It seems like Lana had her "3 minutes" of Koth during the years the Outlander was frozen in carbonite but I don't think they are together currently.

Koth says that they were together BEFORE rescuing you.

Presumably they broke up once she was going to get her primary LI freed.

Hmmm, that makes Lana sound like the main character.

Which would make us Liara and Koth... Miranda?

Koth says that they were together BEFORE rescuing you.

Presumably they broke up once she was going to get her primary LI freed.

Hmmm, that makes Lana sound like the main character.

Which would make us Liara and Koth... Miranda?

Imperial characters seemed to have a romance going with Lana during the Shadow of Revan/Ziost missions. So I think they were with her before Koth, unlike a Republic character. I romance her with a Jedi Knight and I never got the impression it was serious back then for obvious reasons. Plus, the last last time my Knight saw Lana before being frozen in carbonite, Lana was yelling at her (because of the whole Master Surro thing on Ziost).

I do like the idea that Lana is the main character that can't lay off the [flirt] button... For an Imperial character, you would be Liara, Koth is Miranda, with Lana getting back with "Liara" (your character) again in ME3.

Imperial characters seemed to have a romance going with Lana during the Shadow of Revan/Ziost missions. So I think they were with her before Koth, unlike a Republic character. I romance her with a Jedi Knight and I never got the impression it was serious back then for obvious reasons. Plus, the last last time my Knight saw Lana before being frozen in carbonite, Lana was yelling at her (because of the whole Master Surro thing on Ziost).

I do like the idea that Lana is the main character that can't lay off the [flirt] button... For an Imperial character, you would be Liara, Koth is Miranda, with Lana getting back with "Liara" (your character) again in ME3.

Koth is Jacob :p

He is the guy who ask you to help him with his personal quest to find his daddy (Valk) . Then let you decide his fate , go take a vacation while the galaxy is burning (steal the gravestone , no idea where he went) . find a new wife ...and finally when you ask him if he think about his father..he show regrets (Valk was always good to Zakuul).....and if you dare to romance him , he cheat on you (steal the gravestone)..assume you know it was just a fling (it was his ship..dunno where it said that ?) ...then compare himself to daddy like to make us feel better but it come out like he is proud of it (you never deserved the gravestone Ah!)...taking away your chance to actually stump him (you do end up killing him but he won't even put up a fight...thanx alot!).....so yeah..like koth with Valk .

There definitely seems like something is there between them and in the KotET chapter where you and Lana board the gravestone and find Koth, Lana acted unusually hostile, maybe even jealous about my character and Koth kissing when they saw each other.

*edit* sorry for the bad quality but look at Lana's death glare OMG lol http://i.imgur.com/nT1ppnk.png

Edited by Nefla

I've always had the impression that Koth has the hots for Lana and would like something more than friendship. There's a path of choices you can make that results in Koth not getting the chop but he instead leaves the ship permanently and during his leaving speech he regrets his actions mean Lana will never speak to him again and asks you to promise to look after her. If you tell him you will because you love her he is pleased that's the case.

From Lana I only ever got the feeling they had been close friends but nothing to suggest it had gone any further than that where as from Koth there are at least 2 or 3 occasions when he's clearly jealous of your relationship with Lana. Though maybe if she hadn't found you something might have happened but in my opinion it never did except in Koths head.

I've always had the impression that Koth has the hots for Lana and would like something more than friendship. There's a path of choices you can make that results in Koth not getting the chop but he instead leaves the ship permanently and during his leaving speech he regrets his actions mean Lana will never speak to him again and asks you to promise to look after her. If you tell him you will because you love her he is pleased that's the case.

From Lana I only ever got the feeling they had been close friends but nothing to suggest it had gone any further than that where as from Koth there are at least 2 or 3 occasions when he's clearly jealous of your relationship with Lana. Though maybe if she hadn't found you something might have happened but in my opinion it never did except in Koths head.

I think her "Now is not the time." line in the elevator is very telling that something went on.

There's also the fact that Lana can hide some things better than Koth ever could, emotions being one of them.

They hooked up. It's over. There may or may not be regrets and/or bits of jealousy on one or both parties.

Lana is extremely pragmatic. I would not be the least bit surprised if she used sex/relationships to help nudge people along to her way of thinking.

The impression I got initially with her and Koth was that she may well have seduced him in order to make him more receptive to the idea of a quasi-suicidal rescue mission for somebody he didn't know. And Koth always struck me as the gullible type.

I've also always suspected that Lana and Theron might've had a fling sometime between Manaan and Yavin 4, but that it wasn't serious for either of them. More like they were stuck together for a while and had itches that needed scratching.

All that being said, IMO she does get genuinely attached to the PC if you romance her. If you don't romance her, and you don't make the choices that run Koth off, there's a line on the Gravestone that hints that she and Koth are still an item.

• 2 weeks later...

Although your headcanons trump all in the end, I suppose, it seems more than likely that Koth and Lana were in a relationship prior to your release. Whether true emotions were involved, I do not know, but knowing Lana, I would not doubt at all she would use sex/relationship as a manipulator.

As for being a couple now, there are three factors:

1. Are you romancing Lana? Then no, they are not a couple.
  2. Did Koth betray you? Then no, they are not a couple.
  3. Finally, are you romancing Koth? Then no, they are not a couple.

#1 & #3 are fairly self-explanatory: Bioware, unless the character is explicitly shown to be "wild"/"lascivious"/insane* (Read: Kaliyo, DS!Jaesa, Iron Bull, Isabela, etc.) does not have a character cheat on the main protagonist. Neither Lana nor Koth fit any of those definitions, so any cheating is highly unlikely. Possible, but highly improbable.

(( Besides, why would they cheat? They've got the PC, sex-master extraordinaire. ))

(( *This list does not include idiots, such as Jacob. ))

#2 is answered in Chapter 3 of KotET, and again is pretty self-explanatory as well. The betrayal from Koth is something Lana takes very personally, much like Agent Kovach's betrayal on Ziost. Lana makes very clear that anything between them is dead then.

As for Lana/Theron, there was no doubt romantic subtext. But I doubt a physical relationship occurred, simply due to each's reluctance on a relationship with our ever charming PC's, and any hope of one appearing was dashed after Lana let Theron be captured.

(( Also, Theron doesn't take vacations at all, I don't think him not getting any nookie seriously troubles him. The man is far too dedicated to his work. ))

Edited by drfumblez