KOTET Livestream - 11/10

EricMusco

So command crates don't give gear with set bonus automatically it is random. Yet you are tuning veteran mode for tier 2 with some tier 3 gear, plus set bonus, plus augments, plus stim and adrenal.

You forgot something. Veteran Mode is tune to a level 20 influence companion and the only way to get companion gifts is RNG or pay out the *** in credits for them. So good luck finding enough companion gifts to level one companion.

I think they are going way to overboard with RNG.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only caught the end of the stream than skimmed the video but they got no command crates from that run through of the uprising due to not enough points?

At what level was their GC? Max I hope ... either way that wasn't exactly encouraging of how fast it's going to be to get gear. Run the same uprising twice ( or 2 seperate ones to be fair ) to get 1 crate that I MIGHT be able to use the gear from.

Honestly this GC gearing **** is going to kill this game.

One of them was Command level 8. This entire thing is going to be a mess and mostly because some idiot dev won't listen to the players and hasn't looked at the game history to see how poorly these ideas worked out before. However, when it all goes to hell, they'll be totally surprised and not have a clue what to do about it, wonder what happened, and still ignore all the feedback.

One of them was Command level 8. This entire thing is going to be a mess and mostly because some idiot dev won't listen to the players and hasn't looked at the game history to see how poorly these ideas worked out before. However, when it all goes to hell, they'll be totally surprised and not have a clue what to do about it, wonder what happened, and still ignore all the feedback.

I'd read that on reddit and also something about the command level 8 getting 0 crates ( thus 0 levels gained ) but other players ( assuming CL 0 to start? ) got 4 which would mean they managed to level 4 levels and the level 8 leveled 0?

Something doesn't sound overly balanced there and I've read around there could be as many as 100 command levels and if all that stream couldn't give 1 level ... lol, good luck with that.

It's like the more we see of it the more of a mess it is. Afterwards we will of course learn the PTS players were pointing this all out and were summarily ignored as well as being ignored into a massive credit creating exploit that will generate billions into the economy.

Funny part about the later if it came true I don't think they would have much of a player base left if they went around mass banning like in the past.

So command crates don't give gear with set bonus automatically it is random. Yet you are tuning veteran mode for tier 2 with some tier 3 gear, plus set bonus, plus augments, plus stim and adrenal.

I really really hope, that by meaning not set bonus they mean one of the non set bonus items = MH/OH/Ear/Imp/Relic. If we will get any "set bonus piece of gear" without set bonus, it will be inexcusable in my opinion.

On the up side they put honest people on this week. Quote frankly im tired of being lied too. I LAUGHED SO HARD when they said there will be a Q&A session. Really bioware. I mean really? Let me save you guys the trouble.

Mock bioware Q&A:

Devs- alright lets open up for questions

Community- 100 people ask about new ops

Devs- we are glad you guys love the story.

Community- 200 people asking for new ops + 100 asking about new pvp

Devs- you guys are right. The story is amazing. And dare we say it. BEST CHAPTER EVER

Community- 200 people still asking for new ops + 100 people asking for new pvp + 100 people asking about new GSF

Devs- we couldn't be happier you guys love the story and are looking foward to the best chapter ever.

Community- 200 people still asking for new ops + 100 people asking for new pvp + 100 people asking for new GSF + 100 fanbois pointing out they loved the story + 100 other people pointing out the story isn't really that great

Devs- we know theres been a lot of questions about group content. We hear you. We just want you to know that yes the story is amazing

Community- 400 people informing you they will un sub + 100 people thrilled about the fact that they now can be the best geared + 100 people pointing out the story is so so, didn't make any sense, was on rails, and would like their original companions back and don't need the extra 50 companions each expansion

Devs- we're so happy you guys don't want anything but new story. You love what we did with companions. But we're focusing on group content

Community- 400 people threatening to un sub asking what kind of group content since you only talk about story. Adding that guilds are failing and you can't get a pvp que before lunch and a gsf que before dinner. Can we have server mergers + 100 fanbois telling ops an pvp'ers to go find another game +100 saying meh the story was okay but if thats your claim to fame then maybe it should be good

Devs- Subscriptions are at the highest they have ever been. We don't want to merge servers cause then they would be way to over populated. We are happy to hear you are excited about replaying all the same old ops, pvp, gsf and we are thrilled to announce that we will be pushing an event for you to re level all the classes you just re leveled re do the FP's, and the Amazing story everyone loves

Community- 400 players completely fed up + 100 fanbois you couldn't upset ever thrilled that you upset the rest of the community and claiming they're the silent majority + 100 players asking is there any plans to give us our old companions back and also wondering if the story will ever be tailored for non force wielders cause force imbued blasters never were nessecary to complete the chapter and really didn't make sense

Devs- as far as your old companions go. Musco keeps asking about kai zaiken they all laugh for 1000th time cause that is still funny

Community- 400 players talking about all the other mmo's that cost the same money releasing content. Like releasing it. And on top of them releasing it they talk about how they do it in a timely fashion + 1 fanboi making the usual musco soul patch compliment + 100 players saying well if thats what we're going to get for story then we won't sub untill the end of this expansion

Devs- usual comment for the 1000th time about how all of muscos characters look like musco. Does anyone have any more questions?

Community- 400 people asking about when we can see new ops, pvp, gsf, new strongholds anything but story

Devs- nothing? No questions at all?

Community- 400 people completely frustrated and sad that they ever heard of EA, Bioware, and even Star Wars the movies. Letting everyone know that they are going to play some orc something somewhere else and in a last ditch attempt begging the Devs will just acknowledge their existence.

Devs- well if no1 has anymore questions we just want to state that we are thrilled that everyone is happy with the current state of everything. And we have 100% plans to change everything again next year. We just want to touch base on the upcoming streams were we plan on addressing all you concerns.

-story

-story

-story

-story

-an announcement about an announcement that will be something misleading about operations

-story

-story

-story

-the misleading about ops. Stay tuned!

Anyone else notice that devs couldn't get more than 45 fps in the new uprisings.

The same pc will run bf1 with 64 players. Explosions everywhere and won't ever drop below 60 fps.

A problem worth addressing. Nah. Lets go reskin something

How else can they keep people playing the same 5-yr old content for another year?

How can you even say that, IF there is really a person at Bioware who created this system in order to keep people subbed then......

Edited by jozkopucik

BW doesn't want veterans. They want new players that don't know any better.

Yeah probably,, they need to get rid of the people who keep on saying how good it was before and how the game is dying and is getting worse and worse, nerfs, RNG gear, no Group Content.

They cant remove us by force so they are doing it this way.....

Yeah probably,, they need to get rid of the people who keep on saying how good it was before and how the game is dying and is getting worse and worse, nerfs, RNG gear, no Group Content.

They cant remove us by force so they are doing it this way.....

They aren't big on member berries

How else can they keep people playing the same 5-yr old content for another year?

Its not making me want to play more. I don't like heavy RNG games and I don't care for grinders. They are turning SWTOR into both. I can tell you what 95% of the boxes are going to contain. Non-set bracers and courting companion gift. Good luck trying to take part in harder aspect of the game.

I really hope they see the light and change the loot system. Random loot from crates is a terrible idea and it shocks me they couldn't have seen that before they ever did it. Truly how did this ever get to beta without someone staying the players will hate this, lets go at this from another angle. Are they that distant from their own game and own player base they didn't know how this will be taken? They are turing this game into Grind Wars. I really hate when a good game gets broken by devs who simply dont take the time to understand their own game and player base before making large changes. I've seen it before, I've seen games die because of distant dev teams, its just a shame is all. I'll be sticking around for a bit because of in game friends and such but I think this is a really bad expansion and it didn't have to be.

Makes me wonder why a dev team divorces itself so far from their player base.

Its not making me want to play more. I don't like heavy RNG games and I don't care for grinders. They are turning SWTOR into both. I can tell you what 95% of the boxes are going to contain. Non-set bracers and courting companion gift. Good luck trying to take part in harder aspect of the game.

Oh I know...every person I've talked to about this feels exactly the same way. This is so ridiculously stupid I can't believe they'd ever attempt it.

New story would have brought back players. New Uprisings would have brought back players. New gear would have brought back players. RNG gear grinding ruins ALL of that.

Enjoy the populations we have...they're about to drop again.

Oh I know...every person I've talked to about this feels exactly the same way. This is so ridiculously stupid I can't believe they'd ever attempt it.

New story would have brought back players. New Uprisings would have brought back players. New gear would have brought back players. RNG gear grinding ruins ALL of that.

Enjoy the populations we have...they're about to drop again.

I'm afraid I don't fully agree with you. After Kotfe New story wouldn't have brought back players (there has been constant complaints about the story in 4.0, and 5.0 will be the same), Unless they went back to the launch type stories with each class having seperate stories it won't bring people back. Uprisings wouldn't have brought back players, and neither would gear.. Players want new OPERATIONS, new PvP, and new GSF those 3 are what will get players back, and GSF is last out of those 3.

I also believe based on the class changes that 5.0 is mainly for PvP. since the 2 classes that were complained about the most look to have been hit the hardest for DPS, and healing. (Sorcs and Powertechs).

Edited by Toraak

I'm afraid I don't fully agree with you. After Kotfe New story wouldn't have brought back new players (there has been constant complaints about the story in 4.0, and 5.0 will be the same), Unless they went back to the launch type stories with each class having seperate stories it won't bring people back. Uprisings wouldn't have brought back players, and neither would gear.. Players want new OPERATIONS, new PvP, and new GSF those 3 are what will get players back, and GSF is last out of those 3.

I also believe based on the class changes that 5.0 is mainly for PvP. since the 2 classes that were complained about the most look to have been hit the hardest for DPS, and healing. (Sorcs and Powertechs).

Not brought back new players, that doesn't make sense even, but it would have brought back players wanting to know how the hell it ends, since KOTFE didn't have any closure at all...even if it was just for a month.

Not brought back new players, that doesn't make sense even, but it would have brought back players wanting to know how the hell it ends, since KOTFE didn't have any closure at all...even if it was just for a month.

well they can still come back for the ending now. The story won't bring back players since it's not the type of story people wanted in the first place. They wanted 8 class stories continued like it was at launch, not what kotfe was. Coming back for the ending could happen, but I wouldn't count on it.

well they can still come back for the ending now. The story won't bring back players since it's not the type of story people wanted in the first place. They wanted 8 class stories continued like it was at launch, not what kotfe was. Coming back for the ending could happen, but I wouldn't count on it.

That was kinda my main point...PvP class changes would have brought back some PvPers to try it out. PvE Uprisings would have brought back some PvEers to play the new content. A new story would have brought back some story folk who want more story. But...with RNG set bonuses on top of the RNG gearing, there's no chance in hell any of these people will stay...hell, I bet half of us quit. This could not be a more preposterous move.

That was kinda my main point...PvP class changes would have brought back some PvPers to try it out. PvE Uprisings would have brought back some PvEers to play the new content. A new story would have brought back some story folk who want more story. But...with RNG set bonuses on top of the RNG gearing, there's no chance in hell any of these people will stay...hell, I bet half of us quit. This could not be a more preposterous move.

But my main point was for Story the amount that would come back for the ending to a lackluster story are very minor. Heck i'm not even sure I want to do it once personally. For PvP, it looks like they ARE doing class balancing since it appears Sorc, and PT's are getting nerfed, Uprisings won't bring back players at all was my point. PvE players want OPERATIONS not 4 man uprisings.

BW wants to bring back lots of people, but what I think they'll learn is they won't get anywhere near as many back as they want. As for the RNG boxes for me it's hard to say. I haven't seen them yet. If they include non set pieces (for the right side) in the mix I'll be disappointed myself, but even I find it hard to imagine BW being that stupid..the truth is we don't yet know how fast we'll actually get the command XP (and crates) so if they come quickly enough we shouldn't have to much of an issues getting the majority of a set (yes RNG will probably suck for the last few pieces for me at least).

PS: The who point to the RNG I believe is to slow down gear progression (which will definitely happen). With 4.0 gear was extremely easy to get for both PvE (could gear up in HM gear in 1 night), and PvP only took about a week or 2 to get full Min/maxed 208 gear. The speed that was in 4.0 definitely needed to be tweeked, and BW believes this is the answer. I'm not sure I fully agree with it, but i'm at the point of lets see how it goes personally.

Edited by Toraak