Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Here's what a truly BAD launch looks like

Alyxa

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

people call us impatient, yet apperntly everyone else is allergic to 3 hour queues? the hypocrism is strong in this community, yes it is.

You know what kind of person doesn't like three hour queues? The kind of person who doesn't have three hours to spare.

to OP,

Well put, my time is precious and when I have time to play I want to play not sit in ques, would I like to play now, yes, but it's not a big deal if I have to wait until the day they told me it would be out.

Also great reference to launch days in wow, I honestly won't even play the first week for those issues.

Cheers!

what you write about is just a different kind of bad launch.

One where everybody is on equal footing, where most people are able to get at least their 2nd and 3rd picks of names, one where most people might not be able to play on launch day - but that is exactly the same it is now.

So your saying I won't be able to call my toon Luke Skywalker? Damn!

Lol You could have downloaded a while ago, I saw no ques at all at my buddies place, and guess what this isnt a launch lol. The game launch is set at 12/20 US 12/22 EU, this is an early access they are allowing people into, not because your owed but because they allow you. And if you have ever launched ANY other mmo you would expect issues. Fail post FTL, way to go.

u saw no ques cause they staggered the launch......

No that sounds like a regular MMO launch. One where mostly everyone is in the same situation.

It sounds like you are concerned with fairness and equality? Here is some: the game launches Dec 20th, at that point you can complain along with everyone one complaining about this. Oh and by the way, there will be a line for that.

Believe me, I'd love to know when I'll be getting in. But launching an MMO isn't like flipping a switch. It's a dynamic process; what happens tomorrow is dependent on what happened today. It's just not that predictable.

Stephen Reid mentioned that the first waves released 'ahead of schedule', so whilst it is dynamic, it wasn't lacking forethought or planning. Something is better than nothing, even a orugh outline.

Not that it overly matters I suppose, it was pretty damn nice of them to release 2 days earlier.

equal grounds???? what about the player that doesn't have a job and simply plays 24/7 vs the one who only gets 2 hours a night?

Names? think of a unique name that nobody else will use, why take one that was already created from another source. BTW many names are banned like "Skywalker"

The dynamics of this game doesn't give someone an advantage for starting a few days earlier than the rest. I for one will be taking my time leveling up slowly and enjoying the story line.

You can please all of the people some of the time or some of the people all of the time. BW clearly went with some of the people. With the servers running so under capacity it is no wonder it is smooth. Good luck getting flashpoints and PvP matches in a timely fashion though.

Personally (as someone who has not got in) I would rather the odd 20 minute queue or couple of hours server outage than a 2 3 4 5 day queue for my raffle ticket to come up. Of course by the time that comes up chances are there will be queues anyway. Cest la vie in MMO land.

Edited by GumBoil

So an hour later after they finally get the servers back up when it should have taken 15 minutes, you have to deal with 20 people camping the same mob YOU ALREADY KILLED while you're getting ganked and that stupid warrior's charge tagged the mob before you could get off a moonfire, and then you have to go digging through a stack of players again AGAIN to turn in your quest AGAIN.

I dont think we are talking about SWTOR any more...

Anyone complaining about this launch must be new to the MMO world. After playing Anarchy Online at launch (amongst other notorious MMOs), I have nothing but compliments for recent MMO releases! :D

Spot on.

Anyone saying this is a terrible launch or the worst ever blah blah , is clueless. Sure they have made some silly decisions but overall the launch is decent.

Anyone complaining about this launch must be new to the MMO world. After playing Anarchy Online at launch (amongst other notorious MMOs), I have nothing but compliments for recent MMO releases! :D

OMG yes! Anarchy Online was downright painful. lol.

To the OP: Yup, that sounds like just about every launch I've ever been in, beginning with EQ. Even the sacred WoW. lol. The stuff of nightmares and enough to p*** off the Pope.

equal grounds???? what about the player that doesn't have a job and simply plays 24/7 vs the one who only gets 2 hours a night?

that is an imbalance created by your personal situation and not by being screwed out of your preorder code by a retailer or being on vacation when preorders went live. You can still log in later that day because you know of the release date in advance and can prepare.

The dynamics of this game doesn't give someone an advantage for starting a few days earlier than the rest. I for one will be taking my time leveling up slowly and enjoying the story line.

this is an MMO with all the MMO dynamics. Starting a few days early gives you ALL the advantage, don't lie to yourselves....

Edited by mufutiz

Lol You could have downloaded a while ago, I saw no ques at all at my buddies place, and guess what this isnt a launch lol. The game launch is set at 12/20 US 12/22 EU, this is an early access they are allowing people into, not because your owed but because they allow you. And if you have ever launched ANY other mmo you would expect issues. Fail post FTL, way to go.

-1 (because we have no downrank method)

I WOULD RATHER SIT IN A CUR FOR 3 HOURS, AT LEAST I WOULD GET TO PLAY DAY 1. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

cur

n

1. any vicious dog, esp a mongrel

2. a despicable or cowardly person

Not sure what you're trying to say. You want to sit in a vicious dog, or a cowardly person for three hours so you can get to play the game seven days from now?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.