On a Serious note, how many are staying.

TrixxieTriss

How many of you have already unsubbed and are just waiting for it to run out?

*puts hand up*

I'm pretty much done, even if my class becomes the 5.0 fotm, it isn't going to make any difference with RNG gearing coming. I just don't have the temperment to put up with that rubbish anymore.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*puts hand up*

I'm pretty much done, even if my class becomes the 5.0 fotm, it isn't going to make any difference with RNG gearing coming. I just don't have the temperment to put up with that rubbish anymore.

Out of curiosity are you planning on moving to another game? I can see maybe Paragon or Overwatch offering what you want but no MMOs that I can think of.....

Even these days pretty much every MMO has a major gear grind or some RNG action....or both.....

Edited by Soljin

Out of curiosity are you planning on moving to another game? I can see maybe Paragon or Overwatch offering what you want but no MMOs that I can think of.....

Even these days pretty much every MMO has a major gear grind or some RNG action....or both.....

I have Overwatch, fun game. Also still playing The Division - at least I'm not paying monthly for RNG gearing crap in that. Also have a fair backlog of Steam games to play, plus some new ones coming out this month.

Essentially I've got plenty to play aside from this game, so once I've done the chapters, I'm out. Highly unlikely to return this time around.

I will lurk around for some time for sure, but in 5.0 they killed almost all alt-friendly systems... so not sure for how long. :(

I have no plans too stay. But i'll try it . But i really think 5.0 will be the end to pvp. I even think the rumors that 5.0 will suck will kill this game. lol Looking for new pvp games to try? Suggestions ?

Paragon from Epic Games is kinda good... but not so good as SWTOR PvP... :o

The Division

1,4 changes are really good. Too late for the game but still good.

Edited by Glower

What is so bad that is making people mad? everything I have seen I think is a good thing for the game.... Might just be me tho. The class changes look good to me. Each class seems to have a more defined role. i think that "pvp gear" was lame any way. i guess no new ops kinda sucks but I dont really play those anyhow. I think that this and KoTFE have added a lot repayable systems in place which is good. I would like to see some new game types for pvp tho like maybe guild ship invades or maybe use the capturing of planets from the conquest system to make it so that whatever side has the most can invade the capital city or the other side kinda like what warhammer had, something. also I would like to see maybe pvp only skills added or just stat augments that you can lvl up with skill points you get with valor ranks. just my thoughts. Edited by Alister

Forum Community Managers won't ban my accounts. No matter what I put in them. Just a handful of warnings.

I don't think they will actively push us away with forum bans. The 5.0 info, data minds info, and RANDOM NUMBER GENERATED gearing system announcement already pushed many away.

They watched the metrics of canceled subscriptions explode and they got the message. If not they will that first week of December.

When the new wears off after the first of the year and the Star Wars fans exit the game due to RNG and lack of experienced players for PvP and Operations, bioware will announce a plan for new operations and war zones. By then it will be too late.

Am I sticking around? Ask me again after 5.0. SWTOR is a trainwreck and I can't stop watching it unfold in front of us. It reminds me of how Sony Online Entertainment handled Star Wars Galaaxies Combat Upgrade and New Game Enhancement. Bioware has made the same mistakes and followed in their footsteps. It just taken longer. Take a look back at patch 2.6 and move forward. 2.6 - 5.0 is SOE

What is so bad that is making people mad? everything I have seen I think is a good thing for the game.... Might just be me tho. The class changes look good to me. Each class seems to have a more defined role. i think that "pvp gear" was lame any way. i guess no new ops kinda sucks but I dont really play those anyhow. I think that this and KoTFE have added a lot repayable systems in place which is good. I would like to see some new game types for pvp tho like maybe guild ship invades or maybe use the capturing of planets from the conquest system to make it so that whatever side has the most can invade the capital city or the other side kinda like what warhammer had, something. also I would like to see maybe pvp only skills added or just stat augments that you can lvl up with skill points you get with valor ranks. just my thoughts.

RNG gear boxes and non-alt friendly changes is a good thing? Okay...

If not they will that first week of December.

More like in 1Q of 2017. Do not forget about looooong "holidays" in Bioware Austin offices. :p

Edited by Glower

I have for a long time now, wondered if they're not deliberately trying to crater this game in favour of something else.

Linky-linky:

https://gamerant.com/star-wars-video-game-schedule/

Obviously, the BattleFront débacle is past (unless there's another SW : BF in the works?), but scroll down a bit to the Visceral Games (makers of the DeadSpace franchise) bit, and further.

I mean, the stupid piled on stupid, piled on stupid, whilst plunging headlong into even more stupid since 4.0...They can't possibly actually be that incompetent and clueless for that long without eventually being told to clean out their desks...

Can they?

I like playing alts in pvp and I have 30 ranked geared pvp alts. If 5.0 makes gearing impossible for that many toons I may take a break. I get bored with 1 or 2 mains. I'm not a fan of rng and have a bad taste in my mouth from old school battlemaster crates. I don't want to leave but they seem to be alienating my play style. I mean there is nothing I can do about that. If they don't want players to play the way I play...oh well. I'm still up in the air until I play 5.0.

If I ever do leave I'll give away one hell of an account. 30 65s 10 55+ 1 guild with guild ship 5 stronghilds and about 2 billion credits

If I was enjoying pvp less this change wouldn't bother me so much. Yet they making gearing alts easy so I was enjoying myself and then...apparently enjoyment doesn't = working as intended. They are catering to some segment of the population that spends more money than my segment.

my sub runs out shortly, I'll just increase physical activities to fill the void. Karting, hiking, hand making a new interior for an old car etc.

Even with how bad TOR is being run, I couldn't move to another MMO as the money model has changed from sub based(lets make our player base have fun) to micro transactions(how much can we frustrate our player base into paying.)

Most of my activity will be solo 1-50 storylines for fun on other servers.

When they start making sane changes, I'll return. I returned because of the small gear vendor added to fleet, and 224's being put on NIM bosses. Hopefully next summer they will undo some of the madness that 5.0 seems to drop upon us, until then, preferred and reduced playtime it is.

Edited by ThrakhathSpawn

I have for a long time now, wondered if they're not deliberately trying to crater this game in favour of something else.

From all the moves they've made over 4.0 and into 5.0, it's definitely moved more towards a singler player RPG experience with a monthly subscription. Which is fine I guess, I'm just not in that demographic.

I wonder if they even realise at this point in time they're developing an MMO still. :(

From all the moves they've made over 4.0 and into 5.0, it's definitely moved more towards a singler player RPG experience with a monthly subscription. Which is fine I guess, I'm just not in that demographic.

In my opinion, it doesn't habve anything to do with "demographic".

It has something to do with "MMO = DRM".

I wonder if they even realise at this point in time they're developing an MMO still. :(

I'm not sure what their demographic is. 4.0 it was toward story while making everything as accessible and casual friendly as possible with focus on Alts to replay conten. 5.0 they are kind of flipping that and going with repeatable quests and a grind seemingly intending a lot of time focused on 1 character.

I'm not sure what their demographic is. 4.0 it was toward story while making everything as accessible and casual friendly as possible with focus on Alts to replay conten. 5.0 they are kind of flipping that and going with repeatable quests and a grind seemingly intending a lot of time focused on 1 character.

I think it's more about going back to a more traditional progression system to slow folks down and extend the life of any content they do introduce....everything else is a side effect.

I think it's more about going back to a more traditional progression system to slow folks down and extend the life of any content they do introduce....everything else is a side effect.

The content they are adding, sadly isn't PvP options. If anything they're detracting from the PvP element being alt friendly as it is now, to something else.

Baring some unforseen changes, gone, gone, gone. I never thought I'd say that, truly.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

I've been putting my toes in the water of a few games. GW2 was tossed in about 10 minutes. I just can't take the style of the design. ESO I always liked for the large scale pvp but a grind put me off about a year ago. It's gotten a lot better there so I think it's ESO time. Still buggy and I swear the combat designer is on crack with his stupid armor set procs but there's some fun to be had

I mb will play WoW instead of this. This game have zero motivation and competetive PvP. Its just casual and fun objective based wz-s. If they forced me to korean style gear grind, hell no. I will say goodbye. Need to take a look in 5.0 changes before say something.