Senya needs to go

Lium

His mask isn't essentiam to breathe. The way I read the "Brothers" storyline, it's meant to hide the severe damage Arcann took to his face and to look scarier for his ennemies.

In fact, it's pretty clear he can breathe without, look at the "Sacrifice" trailer, when he's being operated on, he's got no damage to his throat area.

Yeah, it just about the scars.

Edited by Eshvara

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like others I don't think we will get a real choice, I get the feeling the writing team are only able/willing to portray extremes.

Light side choice: Arcann is redeemed, everything bad that he ever did was all because his father was mean to him or brain washed him or some such. Upon coming to grips with this (I don't know how) Arcann breaks away from his fathers shadow and everything he has ever done bad is instantly forgiven. We get a 1980's cartoon moment where the comic relief character says something funny 'Well at least real estate is at a premium on those worlds you had bombed to dust' everyone laughs and then Arcann is your close friend an adviser. By redeeming him you gain valuable insight, maintain influence over your alliance and everyone agrees what a jolly good idea it was and by showing you forgive murders everyone fights that much harder for you. Except Koth who if he hasn't steals the Gravestone.

Darkside Choice: Arcann and Senya are killed. Half your alliance ***** and moan about how you had Senya killed for betraying you and that was wrong and you should have forgiven her. The other half ***** and moan how you killed Arcann and how your evil because you didn't redeem him and bring him into the alliance. Koth who if he hasn't steals the Gravestone because despite hating Senya and fighting against Arcann since he was ordered to kill civilians can't follow someone that would murder two people from Zakuul. With any dialogue given by Arcann being done by his or his fathers ghost.

Ultimately there will be no bringing them to justice, no killing Arcann and saving Senya, no change to how the story unfold give or take some extra dialogue if you recruit Arcann. Koth will end up stealing the Gravestone to make sure everyone is in the same place in the story and Vaylin will hate you the same if you killed her Mother and Brother cause you stole her chance to kill them or if you spared them because she wants them dead.

Like others I don't think we will get a real choice, I get the feeling the writing team are only able/willing to portray extremes.

Light side choice: Arcann is redeemed, everything bad that he ever did was all because his father was mean to him or brain washed him or some such. Upon coming to grips with this (I don't know how) Arcann breaks away from his fathers shadow and everything he has ever done bad is instantly forgiven. We get a 1980's cartoon moment where the comic relief character says something funny 'Well at least real estate is at a premium on those worlds you had bombed to dust' everyone laughs and then Arcann is your close friend an adviser. By redeeming him you gain valuable insight, maintain influence over your alliance and everyone agrees what a jolly good idea it was and by showing you forgive murders everyone fights that much harder for you. Except Koth who if he hasn't steals the Gravestone.

Darkside Choice: Arcann and Senya are killed. Half your alliance ***** and moan about how you had Senya killed for betraying you and that was wrong and you should have forgiven her. The other half ***** and moan how you killed Arcann and how your evil because you didn't redeem him and bring him into the alliance. Koth who if he hasn't steals the Gravestone because despite hating Senya and fighting against Arcann since he was ordered to kill civilians can't follow someone that would murder two people from Zakuul. With any dialogue given by Arcann being done by his or his fathers ghost.

Ultimately there will be no bringing them to justice, no killing Arcann and saving Senya, no change to how the story unfold give or take some extra dialogue if you recruit Arcann. Koth will end up stealing the Gravestone to make sure everyone is in the same place in the story and Vaylin will hate you the same if you killed her Mother and Brother cause you stole her chance to kill them or if you spared them because she wants them dead.

Oh, this was so hilarious, especially the part where Koth steals the gravestone in all scenarios. Haven't had a good laugh until now for today, thank you!!

XD

Oh, this was so hilarious, especially the part where Koth steals the gravestone in all scenarios. Haven't had a good laugh until now for today, thank you!!

XD

you laugh but its likly to be close to the truth with the utter failings of the writing team, that is if we even get a dark or light choice, I still think they are just going to sadle us with Arcann and we will just have to pretend he isent a warcriminal who slaughterd millions of inocent people

you laugh but its likly to be close to the truth with the utter failings of the writing team, that is if we even get a dark or light choice, I still think they are just going to sadle us with Arcann and we will just have to pretend he isent a warcriminal who slaughterd millions of inocent people

He's my pixel crush, I wouldn't care if they would force me to bear all 50 of his children.:rak_03:

Edited by Eshvara

If this is wrong I don't want to be right.:rak_03:

well you will be pleased by the upcoming compleatly unresonable redemption story with no option for those of us that actually would like to be able to take the story of the game seriously

well you will be pleased by the upcoming compleatly unresonable redemption story with no option for those of us that actually would like to be able to take the story of the game seriously

Don't you have any faith in Bioware? That they will give you what you want out of the story?

Don't you have any faith in Bioware? That they will give you what you want out of the story?

I have no faith in the part of bioware that writes this game no, and their writing ever since vanilla has proved that, especially the fallen empire storyline, its such a mess all around

Since you said that I recalled a song that fits good for this:

Can't watch it in the UK ;c

I have no faith in the part of bioware that writes this game no, and their writing ever since vanilla has proved that, especially the fallen empire storyline, its such a mess all around

Not all vanilla stories were great. But I really do enjoy kotfe, Arcann bias aside, I think it's been their best story line or one of the best.

Edited by Eshvara

Can't watch it in the UK ;c

Not all vanilla stories were great. But I really do enjoy kotfe, Arcann bias aside, I think it's been their best story line or one of the best.

how? first of all you are playing the 'leader' of the allience with no actual influence. Your character has also apperently lost all common sense and falls for every obvious betrayal, I mean scorpio really? You have the 'new side of the force' thats compleatly bull and breaks with all star wars lore and aside from that makes no sense because even though these people are apperently super powerful from the new side of the force, enough to beat both the sith and the jedi, you kill them all day as if they were nothing.

This new story line has so many plotholes, and thats when the plot isent straight out redicules. Aside from that the characters dont seem resonable or even remotly belivable, take Senya for instance, not even counting her betrayal in the last chapter she is just plain dumb, like when she introduces you to the scions, at a point where she has just met you and presumably is trying to win your trust, one of the first things she dose is lure you into a trap, when there was no reason at all that she couldent have told you in advance.

how? first of all you are playing the 'leader' of the allience with no actual influence. Your character has also apperently lost all common sense and falls for every obvious betrayal, I mean scorpio really? You have the 'new side of the force' thats compleatly bull and breaks with all star wars lore and aside from that makes no sense because even though these people are apperently super powerful from the new side of the force, enough to beat both the sith and the jedi, you kill them all day as if they were nothing.

This new story line has so many plotholes, and thats when the plot isent straight out redicules. Aside from that the characters dont seem resonable or even remotly belivable, take Senya for instance, not even counting her betrayal in the last chapter she is just plain dumb, like when she introduces you to the scions, at a point where she has just met you and presumably is trying to win your trust, one of the first things she dose is lure you into a trap, when there was no reason at all that she couldent have told you in advance.

Outside of an Agent, why do you think anyone should out right hate on Scorpio? I just played KotFE on a Knight, looking for all the signs one could to not trust her, and other than "She was a criminal on Zakuul" all she has is a snarky egotistical attitude.

Outside of an Agent, why do you think anyone should out right hate on Scorpio? I just played KotFE on a Knight, looking for all the signs one could to not trust her, and other than "She was a criminal on Zakuul" all she has is a snarky egotistical attitude.

Agreed. My agent didn't trust her nor Kaiylo but my agent has a history with both. The rest have no idea of who Scorpio is unless I use knowledge from my agent and apply it to all my characters which I don't do. The rest have no reason not to trust her other than her attitude but frankly have met a few on the rest of my characters with attitudes as well.

are you kidding me? it is quite clearly untrustworthy, your character, which seems pretty dense otherwise even gets the option to say so when you pick it up initially even though they then forget that later. And even say you did not mistrust it from the begining then you should when you start to find out about the pilots of the ships. Since you know scorpio is in the allience for its own reasons. The resonable thing to do would have been not to bring it along to begine with

Agreed. My agent didn't trust her nor Kaiylo but my agent has a history with both. The rest have no idea of who Scorpio is unless I use knowledge from my agent and apply it to all my characters which I don't do. The rest have no reason not to trust her other than her attitude but frankly have met a few on the rest of my characters with attitudes as well.

well Kaliyo is a no brainer for not trusting her, even if you arent the agent, anyone can see from a mile away that she is an unstable individual and not someone who will be able to follow orders, definetly not someone you would want in a military organization, and much the same could be said for scorpio

well Kaliyo is a no brainer for not trusting her, even if you arent the agent, anyone can see from a mile away that she is an unstable individual and not someone who will be able to follow orders, definetly not someone you would want in a military organization, and much the same could be said for scorpio

Alliance isn't a military organization. It's a coming together of individuals under a banner of opposing Arcann.

Now, with you as a leader you get to choose who joins you, but of course, your options are limited.

Even if you don't fully trust someone from the beginning (which I believe they only give, because we know who Scorpio really is :p and maybe a BIT because of her snarky attitude) we have limited options. Especially with the companions found in the actual story.

Alliance isn't a military organization. It's a coming together of individuals under a banner of opposing Arcann.

Now, with you as a leader you get to choose who joins you, but of course, your options are limited.

Even if you don't fully trust someone from the beginning (which I believe they only give, because we know who Scorpio really is :p and maybe a BIT because of her snarky attitude) we have limited options. Especially with the companions found in the actual story.

the only reason some of those people are picked up is that the story forces you to, there is no reason to pick up Kaliyo or scorpio, secondly yes the allience is a military organization ment to fight zakuul so you should expect people to follow orders

My dark side agent killed Kaiylo. Loved Lana's "clean up this mess" line. My light side agent won't do KOTFE, nor will any other characters I have that aren't currently in it. Since they've announced no return of any companions in KOTET I do not see the point .. among other flaws.

the only reason some of those people are picked up is that the story forces you to, there is no reason to pick up Kaliyo or scorpio, secondly yes the allience is a military organization ment to fight zakuul so you should expect people to follow orders

Feels less military and more a rag tag bunch of rebels (possibly terrorists unless you win, then you're not a terrorist) who came together to fight the common foe.

Guess it depends on your character. For most of my characters they don't think it is a military organization. They just feel it is an organization that has banned together to help each other. I know my smuggler would never consider it a military organization.

If you want to consider it that way that's up to you but not everyone is going to feel the same way. We each have our own way of seeing it.

Scorpio and Kaylio likewise gave no reason what so ever to trust them.

I will concede that Scorpio helped fix the targeting on gravestone but this was only necessary because Senya introduced you to her allies who tried to kill you and then betrayed you. It seems that everyone the outlander (a stupid name and one that makes no sense) surrounds himself with is incompetent, useless or a traitor.

Lana - Plan a rescue with no clear plan for escape, recruits Koth, Senya, advises the reaching out to the lady of sorrow, advises on the eve of a major offensive to allow Valkorian to ambush you and doesn't think to go looking for you when you disappear, clearly a traitor.

TK- A genius astromech who can't fix anything that Scorpio does to the gravestone (though Koth can fix it with a thump), can't fix any damage to the gravestone (though Scorpio can upgrade its targeting easily) can't stop Koth from capturing the gravestone (if he should choose). Perhaps I had too high hopes for the little droid but really he is pretty useless.

Koth - Traitor and only really *****es and moans.

HK-55 - One shot kills him, as a bodyguard droid goes his made out of tin foil.

Senya - Traitor and *****es and moans (strangely about justice & protecting Zakuul neither things she is interested in if its to do with her children), introduces you the scions who betray you, lets her daughter live so she can bomb 5 worlds to dust at her brothers order and kills a lot of knights just cause she doesn't like odd numbers etc.

Scorpio - Traitor and then some, who sees organics as inferior and makes it very clear she is not there to help you (so in this way just bad writing that she is forced into your inner circle, no contingencies are put in place and everyone accepts her plans as the only option).

Theron - Seems to bring nothing to the alliance except demands to go recruit useless people like Aric.

Kaylio - Traitor to anyone she can find to betray only lucky this time its a Zakuul Overseer, then fails at any task she is assigned and then hides under her bed from then on out.

Aric - Dictates to you at every step and then walks his troops into a certain death situation where some civilians have to save him. Then fails any mission you may give him and then disappears to hide under his bed when the alliance base is attacked.

Gault and Vette - Filler chapter characters that may be more competent than the others, though their plan is badly thought out and fails relying on jumping off a platform and some how managing to land on a ship to save them.

Torian - Despite everything is considered something of a pathetic mando, who has no respect form his own people and brings nothing to the alliance. Though much like Vette and Gault not given enough screen time to screw anything up to bad. yet.

Rather than raising the bar as far as plot or intrigue or story goes, Kotfe has set it so low as to instead be akin to two ******* fighting, its not so much as who does better but rather who ****s up worse. In this case you have The Alliance against The Eternal Empire and victory will be granted to the side that has less traitors and screws up less badly rather than raising the bar to new levels of ingenuity. So really we have Team Incompetents and Traitors vs Team Insanity with a mix of parental issues. How will win, who cares, Everybody loses!

So is Senya deserving of death, perhaps, perhaps not but after 16 chapters of losing, screw ups and betrayals she may well be just one step too far down the rabbit hole taking the story to the breaking point. Where offering absolution to Arcann at this point leading everyone to wonder what the big deal was in the first place and completely invalidated whatever it was the story was trying to get at.