Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Super fast ball pickup in queshball.

Storm-Cutter

Played 2 Queshballs in a row last night. I was wondering how the enemy team managed to get the Huttball within a second or so of the very first gate opening.

I can understand someone phase-walking to the Huttball stand during the match.... But I've played most classes and never managed such a quick pickup.

We won 1 and lost 1

5-4 and 4-5 IIRC So I'm not crying rivers over being thrashed hollow several times over.... just curious, is all.

Can anyone enlighten me? THX.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

Played 2 Queshballs in a row last night. I was wondering how the enemy team managed to get the Huttball within a second or so of the very first gate opening.

If serious about 1 second, then it is a speed hack. No class or combination of class can move so fast.

IT was pretty much

"Lets play Huttball!" (beat)

"Rotworms have got the ball!"

I normally play a sniper, and can double roll for the ball, but on the odd occasion I've tried to get the ball first someone has invariably beaten me to it.

I wondered about a speed hack, but I've never seen it on any other maps where a fast cap puts a team ahead. If someone was going super fast I'd expect they try it on other maps.

I'll try and capture it next time. - Though it's not the first time I noticed it ... Just that Queshball happened to pop twice in a row. maybe if it's same faction opponents I'll ask in PvP chat after the match for some tips.

Anyone care to post their fastest ball pickup time?

:D

Honestly I liked this one until they changed it and made ranged gods. For those that don't know you can not gap close on anyone standing in the end zone. So lets say it's 45m from end to end you can not go 15 meters and jump, you have to go up the other sides ramp so now you have to run probably 90m to get there while they stand there and free cast. This isn't just one as I have been against teams with 5+ ranged up there while the other team has almost all melee. This was the dumbest changes they have made to pvp since taking away 8v8 ranked.

There is a known hack that has been a thing since Season 7 ranked started, with people flying out of the map to avoid the acid dmg from the time running out. It's possible to use that in Queshball to get out of the spawn before the match starts and wait by the ball spawn to grab it as soon as the match starts. Not saying that's what it was but it's a possibility.

Not sure why anyone would be doing that in regs though ....

Honestly I liked this one until they changed it and made ranged gods. For those that don't know you can not gap close on anyone standing in the end zone. So lets say it's 45m from end to end you can not go 15 meters and jump, you have to go up the other sides ramp so now you have to run probably 90m to get there while they stand there and free cast. This isn't just one as I have been against teams with 5+ ranged up there while the other team has almost all melee. This was the dumbest changes they have made to pvp since taking away 8v8 ranked.

This is either a bug, or it's bugged. By which I mean either you are still supposed to be able to gap-close and there's a bug that makes it not work. Or they changed it on purpose and it's bugged anyway and sometimes you can still gap-close.

Because on my sent, sometimes I can gap close across the acid or across the fire, and sometimes not. I've even been standing next to a guardian on my team, I was targeting an enemy up on the ledge by their spawn (quesh hb), and my leap was inactive and I could not make the jump - and at the same time my guardian team mate lept to the exact same target.

As with everything else PvP, the fact that this has existed for "quite a while now" and (afaik) bioware has not made any official statement about how it's supposed to work, let alone fixed it... well "disappointing" is the polite word I guess. :(

It's not a hack or a cheat. just stand at the far left corner of the gate in queshball, as soon as the gate is lifted, just fall right off and you reach the bottom of the map, then anyone with a speed boost or whatever skill that increases speed uses it, runs to ball, and picks it up within 1-3 seconds of the gate opening. Its not a hack, and people calling this a hack without knowing whats going on is pure ignorance.

Now, if in all of those games you people are talking about the other team scores within like 5 seconds of the ball getting grabbed, then yes. There is a hack, or super superb coordination.

Some hacks are being reported of players managing to be IN the map already while others still spawning BEHIND the walls where you start. Very possible they are already down there and the moment the announcer says "Let's Go Huttball!" the orb spawns and they instantly grab it.

It's not a hack or a cheat. just stand at the far left corner of the gate in queshball, as soon as the gate is lifted, just fall right off and you reach the bottom of the map, then anyone with a speed boost or whatever skill that increases speed uses it, runs to ball, and picks it up within 1-3 seconds of the gate opening. Its not a hack, and people calling this a hack without knowing whats going on is pure ignorance.

Now, if in all of those games you people are talking about the other team scores within like 5 seconds of the ball getting grabbed, then yes. There is a hack, or super superb coordination.

See the video on the first page. The shadow does exactly that + force run and still it takes 5-6 seconds. The fall alone takes 2 seconds, so no it can't be done in 1-2 seconds without cheating.

IT was pretty much

"Lets play Huttball!" (beat)

"Rotworms have got the ball!"

I normally play a sniper, and can double roll for the ball, but on the odd occasion I've tried to get the ball first someone has invariably beaten me to it.

I wondered about a speed hack, but I've never seen it on any other maps where a fast cap puts a team ahead. If someone was going super fast I'd expect they try it on other maps.

I'll try and capture it next time. - Though it's not the first time I noticed it ... Just that Queshball happened to pop twice in a row. maybe if it's same faction opponents I'll ask in PvP chat after the match for some tips.

Anyone care to post their fastest ball pickup time?

:D

Here's a little clip for you. Based on your timing criteria (let's play huttball, beat, pickup) it looks like a normal operative pick up from mid.

It's approx 3.5s to get the ball, the ball is picked up just after the game announcer stops talking. Sure it could be hacks or your internal timing might be off by a second.

I was overseas for 6 months and when I came back the quality of the general player base has been lacking.

Players are quick to call hacks when they don't understand mechanics of other classes, let alone their own class or the maps.

It's very frustrating at times to watch it play out. Veterans will take advantage of the situation. Mostly when we group up and get on voice comms. Then there's the gearing but that's another topic.

I can count on one hand how many players drop down in queshball on Shadowlands. And there are even less that know you can pass to the third level from the bottom by the first acid spot.

HoT up and drop, speed/roll to the ball and within 4 seconds you're on your way to pass it up. A good healer will follow for cleanse and heals. A good tank will be in tow for guard. A good stealth will be waiting on the third level for your pass.

Throw in a mara for predation and you'll cut this down even more.

I've been on both sides of this. Sucks when an inexperienced group of players doesn't know how to counter effectively and efficiently.

Edited by Liquor

Here's a little clip for you. Based on your timing criteria (let's play huttball, beat, pickup) it looks like a normal operative pick up from mid.

It's approx 3.5s to get the ball, the ball is picked up just after the game announcer stops talking. Sure it could be hacks or your internal timing might be off by a second.

Yes this could very well be the case - 3.5 seconds is still not 1 second - but yes this could how it happend.

BTW, are you married to Toxic? You guys sure play a lot together :rolleyes:

Yes this could very well be the case - 3.5 seconds is still not 1 second - but yes this could how it happend.

BTW, are you married to Toxic? You guys sure play a lot together :rolleyes:

Wintradehay and I are not married but he has taught me the ways of the Slav.

Honestly I liked this one until they changed it and made ranged gods. For those that don't know you can not gap close on anyone standing in the end zone. .

I agree that its a stupid change. Eventhough I mostly play ranged classes. It doesn't even work correctly in The Pit. You can still jump at players who are standing further in the end zone.

I agree that its a stupid change. Eventhough I mostly play ranged classes. It doesn't even work correctly in The Pit. You can still jump at players who are standing further in the end zone.

A ~10 second leap immunity after you leave the spawn (to allow you to get out of the endzone before you involuntarily become a jump hook for some leapmonkey) would've been enough.

Edited by Schoock

Are macro ball pickups still a thing? I know it's against the rules, but some people seem to have it every time no matter who is next to it. I can never tell because of my natural lag, when I'm in in a group next to the ball spwn, I only get the ball if people are "really" slow.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.