heroics post-5.0

acidburncpt

Since they're doing away with crystals, will you get more credits for doing heroics? Converting everything to credits seems like a great way to screw up the in-game economy.
No, you will actually get less credits than now, the credit reward was nerfed a few updates ago but they reverted it for a while.

Expect to get 7k for each heroic.

No, you will actually get less credits than now, the credit reward was nerfed a few updates ago but they reverted it for a while.

I haven't seen anything that suggests it's going to change.

Once you get to lvl 70 you'll start earning CXP for doing all the heroics on a planet (as a subscriber anyway) but since F2P didn't get gear from them anyway, nothing changes on that front.

Credits may or may not diminish, until they announce it one way or the other I'm going to believe that they'll stay the same.

I can't find that said anywhere.

Would love your source on that, I know you wouldn't pull something like that out of thin air and look moronic so you must have a 100% certain quote from someone at BioWare about that.

Could you link it for me, please?

Would love your source on that, I know you wouldn't pull something like that out of thin air and look moronic so you must have a 100% certain quote from someone at BioWare about that.

There was a patch in the middle of the summer where they cut the amount of credits you got from Heroics in half. The community told BW their opinion on this and shortly there after they restored the credit grants for heroics back to normal.

There was a patch in the middle of the summer where they cut the amount of credits you got from Heroics in half. The community told BW their opinion on this and shortly there after they restored the credit grants for heroics back to normal.

Yes, but where did they say they were going to revert this for 5.0? *HINT* they didn't.

Valid question, which also applies to a number of other things: pvp daily & weekly, flashpoints & operations, numerous mission rewards. My guess is that they are pondering such things right now and haven't decided yet. Subject to change post 5.0 if their metrics tell them that people are making too many / not enough credits. Edited by teclado

They're doing away with crystals/comms even for levels 1-69 ? :confused:

I thought it just changed for endgame gearing...

They are removing all forms of currency except credits and this CXP stuff that will start at level 70.

So, no more comms/crystals to turn in at vendors for armor skins or mods to go in them. Everything will be bought via credits or CXP (for subscribers and starting at lvl 70)

Also, another change for heroics is you won't get CXP for doing a single heroic. They stated in one of the streams that you need to do ALL of the heroics for a planet to get the CXP, not just picking and choosing the fast or easy ones. Also, the starter planet heroics won't count toward CXP.

They are removing all forms of currency except credits and this CXP stuff that will start at level 70.

So, no more comms/crystals to turn in at vendors for armor skins or mods to go in them. Everything will be bought via credits or CXP (for subscribers and starting at lvl 70)

Also, another change for heroics is you won't get CXP for doing a single heroic. They stated in one of the streams that you need to do ALL of the heroics for a planet to get the CXP, not just picking and choosing the fast or easy ones. Also, the starter planet heroics won't count toward CXP.

That may or may not be true in regards to the heroics. Remember not all streams may have accurate information unless it came from an official source.

Edited by Mdgshorty

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8981808&postcount=127

Post where heroics nerfs were specifically stated to not be a nerf.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8984986&postcount=1

Gold post reverting them

https://www.twitch.tv/swtor/v/75476861

Go to 5:10 to get the start of the announcement. Here they say if and more likely when they decide to change it, they will give advanced notice.

Not exactly willing to spend more time than this for someone who was clearly being sarcastic, this took about three minutes to find altogether, including finding the time of the video.

That may or may not be true in regards to the heroics. Remember not all streams may have accurate information unless it came from an official source.

Well, it was a Bioware stream so....

I'm taking them at their word.

But of course it can be changed by them at any time

Yes, but where did they say they were going to revert this for 5.0? *HINT* they didn't.

Hey folks,

I just wanted to pop into the thread and confirm that the Heroic Mission Rewards were reduced. This wasn't intended to be a "stealth change," but it was missed from the patch notes and we apologize for that. We are working on getting it added to the notes soon.

Sorry for any confusion.

-eric

This is when the nerf happened in the same thread:

They said they would in a recent Livestream in about three weeks. We'll have to see if they hold to that.

According to them they also said that after a while they plan on once again nerfing the Heroics once again. I hate that they are punishing players like me that don't like to credit farm or sit at the GTN the whole day.

This is when the nerf happened in the same thread:

Yes I know that. I was here for the nerf and un-nerf. BUT he said to expect the credits to be nerfed for the expansion, which has never been said. And I quote:

Edited by kodrac

Yes I know that. I was here for the nerf and un-nerf. BUT he said to expect the credits to be nerfed for the expansion, which has never been said. And I quote:

No the reason I posted this was cause you were asking where it was said and from the second quote it was apparently in a livestream around the nerf that they claimed. I watch a lot of their videos on twitch.tv and I think this sounds about right from what I heard watching their videos.

My guess is this one since it's two days after the nerf happened: https://www.twitch.tv/swtor/v/75476861

Add-on: It's mentioned four minutes and fifty-one seconds in.

That is from 4 months ago and has to do with Credits not CXP. The official information did not come out until last week and never mention anything about having to do all heroics in order to get CXP.

Edited by Mdgshorty

That is from 4 months ago and has to do with Credits not CXP. The official information did not come out until last week and never mention anything about having to do all heroics in order to get CXP.

Oh I thought you were talking about the credit nerf. I assumed with the last stream since heroics show up in the Commander thing and are missions that they are included as part of getting CXP.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.