Warzone Commendation Grants in 4.7.3

EricMusco

Hey folks!

Alright, so after talking with the team about the feedback in this thread, we are going to make a change. Instead of requiring prior Season Ranked Tokens in 5.0, each of the cosmetic items will now cost credits and have a minimum Valor requirement.

Now, I know the next question will be, what is the minimum requirement? We would actually like to hear from all of you on that front. What do you see as the minimum requirement to have access to the the various PvP cosmetic items? Which should have higher or lower Valor requirements, etc?

Thanks you again for your feedback, as always, keep it coming!

-eric

Please tell me we will be able to buy the old level 40 pvp gear that was on coruscant, like the Bladefury armor.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread clearly shows there are a considerable amount of people who like stuff from there.

Hmm, that's not the impression I got. It felt more like 3-4 people legitimately upset about it being removed and everyone else just wanted to complain about BW "taking" something from reg warzone players and moving it to ranked players. I've been wrong before though. I'd actually really like to see numbers on how often anything other than commendation packs and medpacs/adrenals were purchased from those vendors since 4.0 started.

Wow. 5.0 gets worse and worse the more you hear about it. :mad: I don't PVP, but if I did, I'd be fuming.

Crystals for credits, comms for credits. What's wrong with using crystals and comms for armor? The system was never broken-- and if it required tweaking to avoid "confusion" or locking part of the player base out of top-tier gear why not slap third tier gear on second tier crystal vendors, then rename it sensibly?

I've been trying to see the good in 5.0--or at least trying to find the livability--but these changes benefit no one. Not F2P, not Preferred, not solo players, not raiders, not PVPers. I have no idea what Bioware's aiming for, but it's not to create fun for the player base.

level 100 valor, make them work for it :)

You mean work for that stuff that was so unimpressive that I haven't bothered to set foot in a WZ to get it, ever? Yeah, that's going to work really well, isn't it? In fact, I'm not going to be able to finish the DvL event, because I refuse to feel forced into playing an aspect of the game that I find pointless, PvP. :confused:

level 100 valor, make them work for it :)

Come on Xcurtx...I expect more from you. Valor 100 is simply a time gap filler on how much you played that character, not reasonably through skill or trying. It's like level 140 in battlefield or master prestige in COD, it doesn't mean a true testament to skill and is only artificially inflated grinding for the sake of grinding.

Hmm, that's not the impression I got. It felt more like 3-4 people legitimately upset about it being removed and everyone else just wanted to complain about BW "taking" something from reg warzone players and moving it to ranked players. I've been wrong before though. I'd actually really like to see numbers on how often anything other than commendation packs and medpacs/adrenals were purchased from those vendors since 4.0 started.

I bought a rifle from the Impside vendor about 3 weeks ago, mainly because I like the sound :D

Hey folks!

Alright, so after talking with the team about the feedback in this thread, we are going to make a change. Instead of requiring prior Season Ranked Tokens in 5.0, each of the cosmetic items will now cost credits and have a minimum Valor requirement.

Now, I know the next question will be, what is the minimum requirement? We would actually like to hear from all of you on that front. What do you see as the minimum requirement to have access to the the various PvP cosmetic items? Which should have higher or lower Valor requirements, etc?

-eric

This is much better. Thank you! I'm glad I held back on my complaining this time. :t_eek:

Hey folks!

-eric

This doesn't affect me for the most part, since I have too many alts, and love my legacy weapons. However, I could see valor 20 being reasonable, or maybe making it so that the current level requirement of the weapons becomes a valor req.

If you make them legacy weapons :D *hint hint* I would say make the valor requirement higher, 40?

Hey folks!

-eric

Please add Giradda’s Pleasure Barge Replica as one of the cosmetic items in the new PVP vendor. It's been released ages ago before strongholds were even out, as well as tons of PVP changes, most players didn't have a chance to get it.

Edited by Pietrastor

Hey folks!

-eric

Thanks for the update Eric! And thank you for listening, it makes us feel like our feedback is going somewhere :)

For the weapons in the PVP vendor, I'd say a requirement of Valor rank 5 or 10 would be enough. It seems that currently, this vendor is the only place to get most of the unique looking weapons that are available through gameplay (at least moddable versions), so a few warzones to introduce newcomers to pvp I think would be enough incentive to entice people getting those weapons. Valor 20 or higher might run the risk of putting newcomers off pvp, not to mention it takes nowhere near the amount of time to earn those weapons than it would if the Valor Rank would be higher

Edited by Kajuratus

For the weapons in the PVP vendor, I'd say a requirement of Valor rank 5 or 10 would be enough. It seems that currently, this vendor is the only place to get most of the unique looking weapons that are available through gameplay (at least moddable versions), so a few warzones to introduce newcomers to pvp I think would be enough incentive to entice people getting those weapons. Valor 20 or higher might run the risk of putting newcomers off pvp.

Valor 5 is two warzones, Valor 10 I'm not sure but it's probably about 10 WZs. Doesn't feel like much point having a requirement at all.

Conversion should be kept simple. If the current price is 900 comms, then valor 5-10 . You can get 900 comms by doing the weekly. If you do the weekly while leveling means only at most 3-5 matches. I think it should be kept in correlation to the time it would take to get it now.

Hey folks!

-eric

Thanks very much for the consideration! :)

I agree with others that have said that the valor requirement for the weapons on the PvP vendors should be pretty low, around 5. Those weapons are what first enticed me to PvP, something I wouldn't have bothered doing if they were hard to get. As it stands, they are pretty easy to get. Just a few matches.

Remember, these weapons are low/mid level, non-legacy bound, and don't have any fancy effects, and they have been in the game, and easily obtainable, for a long time. They aren't shiny new special items that should be rewards for your most enthusiastic and dedicated PvP'ers. Also, consider how many characters of various valor rankings there are running around using these weapons right now. If the valor requirement is just to buy the weapons, there shouldn't be a problem, but if you add a valor requirement to equip them, come 5.0 there will be some characters with suddenly unequippable weapons.

Just some things to consider. Please, also reconsider converting WZ coms to credits. If the conversion rate is good, then there are inflation and non-sub credit caps to consider. But if the rate is lousy, then our WZ coms become virtually worthless. :(

Sorry, my post may have been unclear. The items you are describing, the moddable sabers and blasters, are cosmetic items. Therefore they are remaining in the game and can be purchased still after 5.0 for prior Season Ranked Tokens (S7 in this case).

-eric

Did you check the link/picture? Are you sure you're talking about the vendor that sells orange moddable weapons for 900 basic warzone commendations right now?

Because after removing the planetary vendors, heroics rewards and flashpoint drops and with it some unique weapon designs, this vendor was one of the last options to get a selection of moddable weapons affordable by every character after doing a warzone or two.

And now you want to limit access to these weapons to people/characters who have earned S7 tokens?

--

ETA: If that's the vendor you're talking about and that now should require valor, valor rank 5 should be enough. Simply because you removed the PvE equivalent of these vendors and weapons, and PvE players interested in the models shouldn't be required to do excess pvp to get these.

If you bring back the PvE models, valor can be higher for the pvp models, but while it's the last vendor of its kind, it should be accessible to all players without too high a barrier.

Edited by KyaniteD

Please make the comm and crystals grant command xp or whatever you are calling the new grind for gear. Coverting them to credits is a waste off time you have already made obtaining credits in game to easy.

Anyone who is a sub has probably already figured out how to generate the credits needed to do what they want or need to buy.

Also, consider how many characters of various valor rankings there are running around using these weapons right now. If the valor requirement is just to buy the weapons, there shouldn't be a problem, but if you add a valor requirement to equip them, come 5.0 there will be some characters with suddenly unequippable weapons.

Very good point. The valor requirement should just be to buy them, characters who already have them should be able to continue using them regardless of valor.

In regards to the ranked commendation conversion, I think that the minimum valor requirement should be pretty high (I was thinking 75-80). I think you should definitely make sure that you can't buy any rewards unless you've at least done your first ten games.

First 10 games is way less than 70 Valor. I do a fair amount of PvP, and I doubt if I crammed all the Valor XP onto a single character I'd have 70 Valor. That's ridiculous.

Hey folks!

-eric

Warzone Comms/Crystals to convert to credits.

It should be free now, you know, as a compensation...

Which should have higher or lower Valor requirements, etc?

Most useless stat in your used-to-be alt friendly game and now you want to use it as a delimiter. What a joke. :confused:

Edited by Glower

Please add Giradda’s Pleasure Barge Replica as one of the cosmetic items in the new PVP vendor. It's been released ages ago before strongholds were even out, as well as tons of PVP changes, most players didn't have a chance to get it.

That was a reward for one of the ranked seasons (season 2 I think). They don't rerelease those for good reason.

Hey folks!

Hey Eric,

It may have already been covered off in this thread, but what's happening to PVP and GSF Decorations? If they're becoming Bound to Character like the other Warzone Commendation items, how will Guilds be able to use them? Additionally, if purchasable by credits will they have a certain Valor required as well?

It may seem trivial, some of the PVP Decorations are massively sought after for Guilds as they naturally lend themselves well to Guild Flagships and Strongholds, so if the items become Bind on Pickup they won't be able to be donated anymore. Perhaps it's time to allow players to donate any Stronghold Decoration through the Decoration UI, not just the Cartel ones?

I have to admit, saying that Cosmetic Items are intended for PVPers strikes me as a little strange, considering I would have figured Cosmetic items lend themselves more towards the RP Community. Yes, I know, PVPers and PVEers can be RPers too, and even if they aren't, they can like shiny things all the same, but the general statement made seems a little counter-intuitive to me. I may be alone on this thought though.

Because of this, I don't feel there should be a valor requirement, and if there absolutely has to be one, it shouldn't be anything more than what was required of us during Dark vs Light (Valor 5). Valor 5 was picked for a reason, and I assume it was a good one, so it seems logical that number be reused.

Edited by _SHAME_

I noticed a few people complaining in this thread about the conversion of commendation/crystals to credits. And some were suggesting they should be converted to cxp.

Just an insight, whenever a new expansion on wow comes around, any previous honor, valor medallions etc were converted to gold which you received via in game mail. I remember it was asked by a lot of people why we got gold and why not just convert it to the new currency. The reply from Blizzard is that with new expansions they wanted people to start on an even footing, not to leap ahead due to stockpiling previous medallions.

So my take is BW won't convert to cxp for a similar reason.

I noticed a few people complaining in this thread about the conversion of commendation/crystals to credits. And some were suggesting they should be converted to cxp.

Just an insight, whenever a new expansion on wow comes around, any previous honor, valor medallions etc were converted to gold which you received via in game mail. I remember it was asked by a lot of people why we got gold and why not just convert it to the new currency. The reply from Blizzard is that with new expansions they wanted people to start on an even footing, not to leap ahead due to stockpiling previous medallions.

So my take is BW won't convert to cxp for a similar reason.

Personally, I'm fine with the conversion being to credits, but for what it's worth, in previous SWTOR expansions they did convert old Comms to some form (usually the lowest tier) of the new currency, so it's not all that unreasonable a request for players to put out there for consideration.