Warzone Commendation Grants in 4.7.3

EricMusco

And no one else has a problem with how lazy that form of development is? I'll certainly be slowing down my progression. Well, the progression of money from my account to theirs.

Exactly... I already have multiple toons in 208 augmented PVP gear, I am not spending a month to get BACK to where I already am...

I war zone comms, earned and sitting there, I expect to be able to use them, converted to CXP, to gear up when 5.0 drops.

Otherwise, I'll go play something else.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't break anything, it carries over our effort... A warzone played today should have value in a month, as it stands, it is worthless, why play one?

Credits are useless, the people with a million warzone comms across their legacy don't need credits... Or I don't, I have north of 2 billion credits at this point, there is nothing left to buy...

If you're PvPing for gear, then maybe you shouldn't be PvPing. As I've said before, I'm all for removing a gear grind from PvP, but if we are going to use the same gear for PvP and PvE, then you can't give access to the gear ahead of time just because someone PvPed in the past.

That's fair enough. Not sure if it will really be a grind but we'll see.

If it takes more than a week for all 8 of my main toons, it is too long.

I have 37 alts all together, 8 of which, one of each class, are my mains. All have plenty of crystals and comms to gear up all over again, earned over the past year.

If I can't use them to gear them up the first week, then I won't play them at all, I'm not doing a gear grind for old content.

If you're PvPing for gear, then maybe you shouldn't be PvPing. As I've said before, I'm all for removing a gear grind from PvP, but if we are going to use the same gear for PvP and PvE, then you can't give access to the gear ahead of time just because someone PvPed in the past.

You don't understand, let me try again...

Today, right now, I can play PVP at lvl 65 competitively thanks to my gear. When 5.0 drops, that will no longer be the case.

I've already done the work, this is grind for the sake of grind, there is nothing new for it. I'm having my effort and "power" taken away for nothing.

Maybe you enjoy the hamster wheel for nothing, but there are other games to play, I'm not going to do it again. We already did this in 4.0, this is the second pointless level cap raise.

I noticed a few people complaining in this thread about the conversion of commendation/crystals to credits. And some were suggesting they should be converted to cxp.

Just an insight, whenever a new expansion on wow comes around, any previous honor, valor medallions etc were converted to gold which you received via in game mail. I remember it was asked by a lot of people why we got gold and why not just convert it to the new currency. The reply from Blizzard is that with new expansions they wanted people to start on an even footing, not to leap ahead due to stockpiling previous medallions.

So my take is BW won't convert to cxp for a similar reason.

When WoW does an expansion, they actually provide MMO content.

If 5.0 had 2 ops, 4 FP, 2 WZ maps, and a real story on real planets, not this instanced crap, I would not complain.

As someone who recently came back to the game, I am pretty upset. I have spent the last few weeks preparing 4 characters, 2 pub 2 imp to pvp with for commendations. I have been stockpiling comms, doing dailies, until I could decide on who to main and then properly gear that character out.

I log in tonight to discover that I can no longer share comms between characters. I am stunned that there was a 24 NOTICE FOR THIS CHANGE, nevermind that this change was implemented a MONTH(?) before the next expansion is released. Why would I queue now? I had a goal in mind to actually have at least one character that was properly setup to be competitive. Now that is not possible...

I was hoping to actually get into raiding for the first time in my SWTOR career by piggy backing off my pvp efforts. I'm left sitting here wondering if I should even keep my subscription. Hasty decisions like these make me seriously worried about the future of the game.

All of this is coming from someone who hates the very idea of separate gear pieces and stats for pvp. I prefer open world or at least objective based engagements. So on the one hand I was pleased that the developers of this game are trying something new. On the other...

Edited by wingdmonkey

option number 4. convert them into GC experience. but that would be far too reasonable. which doesn't seem to be bioware's MO right now.

honestly giving credits is fair. What they are really saying is, with the change to the new Galactic command BW is resetting everyone's gear so nobody will have a higher command from Warzone comms or Crystals being converted into Command XP. Everyone starts at the same level 1. This is very reasonable then for BW to give you credits, since the other option is they remove crystals/wz comms and give everyone nothing for them.

Edited by Toraak

Personally im kind of glad that they removed the PVP gear grind, I never liked the idea of one person being there longer than you so he is automatically stronger, as I prefer more even balanced grounds. As long as the PVP stat distribution is different than PVE, then it should be okay imo.

WTH? "removed the PvP gear grind"??? Are you freaking joking? What they have done is taken the PvP gear grind and made it 10x worse by forcing people to grind for random boxes of gear at a level that they did not previously need. They have significantly increased the barrier to entry for truly competitive PvP (Ranked).

I am stunned that there was a 24 NOTICE FOR THIS CHANGE, nevermind that this change was implemented a MONTH(?) before the next expansion is released.

I'm with you on this point. I don't understand why they are making all these changes now. Not just the WZ comms, but the passes and whatever else they've done. Shouldn't all of this change with the drop of Early Access? What is there to gain by taking away a full month of our ability to use these things? They could have just announced the changes and given us a month to do what we do and prepare.

Also, giving people (who may not play every day, let alone read the forums) only 24 hours to cash in their now worthless comms for gear to use on characters who may not have the Valor to buy that gear after 5.0 drops is just remarkably idiotic. Why in the world did they think this was a good idea? Especially when there was absolutely no obvious reason that it had to be done so soon.

honestly giving credits is fair. What they are really saying is, with the change to the new Galactic command BW is resetting everyone's gear so nobody will have a higher command from Warzone comms or Crystals being converted into Command XP. Everyone starts at the same level 1.

Everyone will start at level one but not on the same playing field, that's the issue. Coming 5.0, dedicated PvPers who only PvP will have their 208s sets and PvPers who also raid will have better sets. In the past, everyone who had PvPed in the old expansion cycle, had the same or at least very similar gear to start the new one.

I think it's reasonable to be at the very least annoyed by this. I do both and coming 5.0, if I played, I could swap to my full 224s sets and have a significant gear advantage while leveling from 65 and then for at least a few weeks at 70 while people who PvP a lot more than me and are also better at it slowly catch up to it rolling the dice (which is of course the worst part). This may or may not be mitigated by some form of bolster, it's likely it will be, but, well, it's still annoying.

Starting over toward better gear is expected with a new expansion, starting over at a disadvantage in your own prefer gameplay is not, even more so when you were used to store comms and be able to afford a shiny new set right away.

Edited by nyrkverse

WTH? "removed the PvP gear grind"??? Are you freaking joking? What they have done is taken the PvP gear grind and made it 10x worse by forcing people to grind for random boxes of gear at a level that they did not previously need. They have significantly increased the barrier to entry for truly competitive PvP (Ranked).

Yeah, one of my lowbies for DvL event has almost 4500 commendations that I got while leveling. That's more than enough for a ful set of 204. He's valor rank 16. So that's what, 20 warzones ? If that much ?

Let's see if with so little play like that with the RNG boxes garbage one will get a full set of gear to be competitive in pvp, lol... That will be a grind. There those who relentlessly farm WZs will be have a significant advantage over those who don't...

Who are they trying to please i'm lost. Pretty much pissed the majority of the vets off with rng now this too lol. I dont get the mind set of going backwards. And this change is way worse for the casuals, but they're to stupid to realize whats happening before its to late. Shadow of revan was the last good dlc. And you guys took a left turn and never came back.............i mean come on lol:rak_02:

honestly giving credits is fair. What they are really saying is, with the change to the new Galactic command BW is resetting everyone's gear so nobody will have a higher command from Warzone comms or Crystals being converted into Command XP. Everyone starts at the same level 1. This is very reasonable then for BW to give you credits, since the other option is they remove crystals/wz comms and give everyone nothing for them.

Respectfully, you're out of your mind if you think that is reasonable...

It is anything but... it deletes actual toon progress that time was spent for and return gives credits which have become nearly worthless... It also makes actually doing anything for the next month a complete waste of time...

Bioware could also reset everyone's toon to level 1, and I'm sure someone would call that reasonable, but it wouldn't make it so and it would simply kill the game...

Yes, but this is NOT AN EXPANSION, please don't do the MMO world a disservice by calling it one.

We haven't had an expansion since 3.0...

oh, I agree. that's what makes it all all the more infuriating, tbh.

Edited by nyrkverse

Ridiculous. An item may only have cost 900 comms ("back in olden days" :t_tongue:), but remember that with just needing Valor and cash, someone can buy that same item repeatedly once they hit the valor level. Or, more to the point, purchase all the items at that same level. Which, of course, would have cost many, many comms in the past.

So, that being stated, I think weapons and such should be available at lvl 40-50 valor. None of this should just be given away. Why have the requirement if it is going to be super low?

Fair point but i feel the level 14 weapons should at least be around valor 5 maybe for the higher level ones either have the valor requirement increase or simply require more credits while keeping the valor 5 requirements.

Ridiculous. An item may only have cost 900 comms ("back in olden days" :t_tongue:), but remember that with just needing Valor and cash, someone can buy that same item repeatedly once they hit the valor level. Or, more to the point, purchase all the items at that same level. Which, of course, would have cost many, many comms in the past.

So what? The items are BoP and as I understand it mainhand only. You personally get to use one. Who cares if somebody outfits their army of companions? Not to mention that this game is in dire need of more credit sinks.

Respectfully, you're out of your mind if you think that is reasonable...

It is anything but... it deletes actual toon progress that time was spent for and return gives credits which have become nearly worthless... It also makes actually doing anything for the next month a complete waste of time...

Bioware could also reset everyone's toon to level 1, and I'm sure someone would call that reasonable, but it wouldn't make it so and it would simply kill the game...

Oh? what do you think they do every expansion to raiders? They reset progress every time, and every expansion (except 4.0) they reset all of the crystals. WZ comms have not been removed during other expansions from my understanding so every PvP player that had extra comms could start to get gear as soon as they logged in. (if not a full set already). So for once PvP players and PvE players are on a more even playing field.