Stop the new gearing change petition

NeoEka

The problem with this is...

Though I feel those of us blowing up about this are right and have a legitimate gripe about the change.

The entire playing community does not use the forums. We represent a % of the actual playerbase. Just like full time raiders represent only a % of the playerbase.

It'd be interesting to see a company poll about changes before they do them in mmorpgs... but I imagine if they left a blank space in that poll for people to write legit concerns/ideas in... they'd get a bunch of dumb *** responses.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

/no not sighed

I will now have a chance to get the top of the end game gear without having to try to complete an Op that I have never been allowed to do by the a holes that kick players for not knowing the strats thus now allowing us to learn them and get the good end game gear. Now I can do anything in the game and earn the top end game gear.

Death to Elitism, that is a good thing, though the special snowflake Elites will not like it.... but they will get over it or leave. Either way I like this system as it benefits the casual players that have a life.

Its A Game, Not A Job!

i never kicked someone from SM ops because they don't know the tactics. I always asked, and I kicked people after they did not know what to do after the first few times we wiped because that player screwed up the tactics despite having explained it to him. I have kicked a player because they say they are a tank, but are in the wrong stance, and I end up as dps tanking the boss for 2 minutes, with my healer friend going berserk with healing me, so we don't wipe on a very easy boss.

/Signed

Scrap the RNG component, say no to RNG for gearing.

As someone mentioned before add tokens to each crate drop and put command level requirements on higher level gear on the token vendor.....For that matter make the gear vendors just mod vendors...with all the legacy gear from KoTFE we don't need anymore skins just the stat mods.....

This would allow people to tailor their gear from the start....

Edited by Soljin

Shouldn't be necessary. Barely anyone seems happy about this and nobody from BW has even responded. As if a petition is going to make it happen.

They already know how we feel. This change will happen, but it'll probably be reversed later with some cheesy post like, "We listen to you players"

You know what, I think you just nailed it on the head. It makes perfect sense.

The implementation of this new gearing crap is so riddled with holes and inefficiency it beggers the mind that the devs couldn't see the problems it would cause nor gauge what the player base response would be. Having been accused countless times of not listening to the players, they put this crap out, knowing the uproar it would cause solely to than reverse it and thus having "listened to the concerns of it's players and taken action to meet their needs", to serve as an example that they do listen to us.

Here's to hoping your right.

Well thought out, Eshvara.

Let's just wait and see before signing any petition, mkay?

No thanks. I know a mistake when I see it twice. This is that mistake because we went through it before with BW's random loot drop before.

I don't like to step in krap even once. I surely don't care to do it a second time when I see it in front of me.

Random gear does not need to happen.

Sign the petition.

Get on the forums (any forum), spread the word and let BW know your dislike for random gearing.

Make sure others know that might want to return what they are faced with.

Do whatever gets the point across that random gearing in SWTOR at this point in the games life is not a welcome change.

BW's claim of we listen to players? I guess we'll see. (or will they hide behind the "We listen but that doesn't mean we will do anything" statement")

Edited by Quraswren

Maybe you should go back and look at the level sync threads.

This will change as much as those threads did, as in it won't.

I've seen a couple people try to compare this to the announcement of level-sync.

Please don't, these situations couldn't be more different. This is an actual problem. No one quit over level sync.

This is an literal game wrecker for an awful lot of players.

Wow, a lot of discussion both for and against this. The majority for the change are (From what i've seen) newer players or new to endgame MMO things such as raids and don't fully understand how big of a bad change this will be, and then the some for it have very good reasons for liking the change.

Seems to be a mixed bag with the majority against the changes.

By all means continue to debate for and against :) Love seeing a new perspective on things.

Sorry. I'm not a fan of the change and have voiced it through many threads, but save petitions for real world issues please. Things like this are a past time and we can be passionate about it, but draw the line there. Edited by Jamtas

Sorry. I'm not a fan of the change and have voiced it through many threads....

And given the limited information so far, understandable.

I encourage you to embrace the fact that it is loot tables, not RNG that are the problem. If they follow loot table filtering by class and level like they did with Heroic crates (and maybe even give us an A or B choice of box like they did with Heroics to handle differences between tank, dps, healer) I really don't see a big issue here. Statistics say that most players, even with bad luck, will have a full gear set by the time they open their 42nd box.. and will effectively be largely complete (with perhaps a few gaps) by box 25. Crafted gear or random drops can easily fill missing slots until the piece with the set bonus drops for you.

The secondary issue for some players may be.... what is the time-2-a_box in terms of game play. We will just have to see when it releases... and it will very much depend on what content a player is playing.. since points awarded appear will vary by type of content and content within type. Those players that need their "gear NAO!" will quickly figure out the lowest effort to a box and will form teams to follow the richest pathway to their gear. Players will figure this out very quickly and will solve their needs accordingly.

....save petitions for real world issues please. Things like this are a past time and we can be passionate about the, but draw the line there.

Very much agree. [i've agreed with you multiple times today :) ]

Petitions have no power in gaming forums, and they distract from actual constructive discussion. They are an internet call to gather pitchforks and march on the castle. But the castle has walls much higher then pitchforks.

Edited by Andryah

And given the limited information so far, understandable.

I encourage you to embrace the fact that it is loot tables, not RNG that are the problem. If they follow loot table filtering by class and level like they did with Heroic crates (and maybe even give us an A or B choice of box like they did with Heroics to handle differences between tank, dps, healer) I really don't see a big issue here. Statistics say that most players, even with bad luck, will have a full gear set by the time they open their 42nd box.. and will effectively be largely complete (with a few gaps) by box 25. Crafted gear or random drops can easily fill missing slots until the piece with the set bonus drops for you.

Well, that brings another issue I have which is getting a gear piece associated by advanced class rather than a traditional unassembled token. For classes with dps/tank or dps/heal capability, there is a chance of a player getting the wrong spec. This now means dps only classes gear up at a faster rank than tank or heal players that have a dps spec. It would also mean once your character is geared, the new gear is being wasted vs the opportunity to gear an alt. For average player not a huge inconvenience, but for those who raid and have to fill in to an alternate spot in case a team member is missing, it is something that can really set teams back.

Very much agree. [i've agreed with you multiple times today :) ]

Don't worry, I won't expect this to be the new norm :)

I am happy to see that only 47 people have signed that :) That is practically nobody.

You are mistaken.

Most people are simply not believe that their votes will change something.

It been proven since 4.0 - EAware doesn't care what players think.

Simple as that.

We, russians, have a nice aphorism for this - Ничего, пипл схавает.

/no not sighed

I will now have a chance to get the top of the end game gear without having to try to complete an Op that I have never been allowed to do by the a holes that kick players for not knowing the strats thus now allowing us to learn them and get the good end game gear. Now I can do anything in the game and earn the top end game gear.

Death to Elitism, that is a good thing, though the special snowflake Elites will not like it.... but they will get over it or leave. Either way I like this system as it benefits the casual players that have a life.

Its A Game, Not A Job!

Here we go, another special little snowflake who thinks people are "elitist" because they actually work for their gear and expect people to actually look up a fight before raiding instead of going in blind. If you routinely get kicked from GF ops you have serious issues about not knowing your class and role.

I have no problem with non-raiders getting good gear outside of operations, it'll just make it easier when I run Event Ops like Xeno and Eyeless or PUG GF ops when I'm solo because randoms may not be as undergeared as they usually are. That being said pre-set unassembled Operations gear tokens should still drop from Operations bosses along with the new mounts and cosmetic stuff because there's no reason that raiders should need to waste time grinding non-raid content to gear for progression raids that take hours of wiping and learning.

i never kicked someone from SM ops because they don't know the tactics. I always asked, and I kicked people after they did not know what to do after the first few times we wiped because that player screwed up the tactics despite having explained it to him. I have kicked a player because they say they are a tank, but are in the wrong stance, and I end up as dps tanking the boss for 2 minutes, with my healer friend going berserk with healing me, so we don't wipe on a very easy boss.

Exactly when my guild PUGs someone to fill a gap when we're just doing a quick fun run we explain everything if the PUG doesn't know the OP. If they say they know and then their actions say otherwise we'll explain nicely what they are doing wrong. If they are just unwilling to do what's expected of their position in the raid after several explanations we'll vote kick. If I'm in a GF PUG and I see someone who's falling short I'll whisper that person and try to help them. It's not rocket science and most people that I've seen kicked are either belligerent, know it all and are unwilling to listen or a combination of the two.

You are mistaken.

Most people are simply not believe that their votes will change something.

It been proven since 4.0 - EAware doesn't care what players think.

Simple as that.

We, russians, have a nice aphorism for this - Ничего, пипл схавает.

Tell me again where i am mistaken...

It is true that EA stands for Evil A**. But where was i "mistaken"?

Here we go, another special little snowflake who thinks people are "elitist" because they actually work for their gear and expect people to actually look up a fight before raiding instead of going in blind. If you routinely get kicked from GF ops you have serious issues about not knowing your class and role.

I have worked hard to outfit my 15 characters with the best gear I can get. I have payed millions of credits to buy the Ops only materials needed to make 216 mods. I have ground hours and hours to get the crystals needed to buy 216 and 220 gear, but only on a couple of characters because trying to outfit all 15 by doing x2s is not practical. I have tired on many ocations to join Ops only to be tolled that since I do not know the strats and have never done them before I can not be in that OP (including SM Ops which I would think should be for learning said Op). If I mention that I have not done the Op before I get immediately kicked so the time I spent watching the videos was a waist since I never got the chance to even try. I have watched hours of YouTube videos to learn what I can from them to do Ops but still get kicked if I mess up ONE TIME. I have since given up trying to get into Ops because of the a holes that are in too much of a hurry to allow me to learn them cause the videos though showing you what needs to be done, you still need to practice to be successful and more than once a single failure means ejection from the Op even when it was a Guild Raid and not a PUG. I know my characters and how to play thank you very much. But after 4 years of beating my head agents a wall I have stopped. I have joined "Raiding Guilds" only to not be allowed to raid because I was not one of the MAIN Raiders. I currently am guild leader in 3 different guilds that I joined who said they were "Raiding Guilds" only to have NOBODY log in but me for 4 years. I have also dissolved 5 different guild that I inherited because nobody every played and joined new guilds only to have to do the same thing to them.

I would REALLY like to do Ops, but finding a guild that is willing to take the time to train a level 65 player that has NEVER done an Op before is like pulling teeth with your fingers.

Then I see the raiders call me names because I do not have the necessary experience or assume that I do not have the skill to do the Ops, much like you JUST did.

I play this game to have fun.....

Not to increase my stress level...

Hey guys!

90% of people are complaining about this already before it is even released so I'm sure they'll actually listen to us. Please sign the petition I have created regarding it. Hopefully if it gets enough signatures they might listen!

https://www.change.org/p/bioware-stop-galactic-command-before-it-happens-bring-back-typical-mmorpg-gear-progression

The partition isn't going well... maybe change this post asking people to go to the link and sign it, make it stand out too,.. it kind of looks like a referral link if you just skim the post... even I missed it the first time

Edited by Icykill_

/Signed

As soon as I get that 4th or 5th duplicate piece of gear, I'm gone. I sure as heck will not pay for that kind of frustration, especially considering this gear crate RNG has caused problems in the past and (if they go through with it) they have not learned how much it ticked people off back then.

No, in an of itself, it would not cause me to quit subbing, but it would be the straw that broke the camel's back for me (like the ever growing, *huge* plethora of ignored bugs). Yeah they do address some bugs, but its just a small dent in a very large can.

Shouldn't be necessary. Barely anyone seems happy about this and nobody from BW has even responded. As if a petition is going to make it happen.

They already know how we feel. This change will happen, but it'll probably be reversed later with some cheesy post like, "We listen to you players"

Maybe. See what's said tonight on the stream.

"

Galactic Command - Dark vs Light Livestream | 10.19.2016, 11:07 PM

As a note since some in the thread are bringing it up. Similar to the structure we used in previous Producer Livestreams, we will open the stream with current community topics. Certainly, we will talk through some of the questions and concerns that are being raised about gearing from Galactic Command. The rest of the stream will focus on Dark vs Light.

Fear not, we are reading your feedback and will continue to address it when we can either on the livestream or here on the forums.

-eric

"

But for now, sorry but I won't Sign this OP.

Edited by Nevaeh-Heaven

I'm just gonna say.. everyone I have seen that agrees with the new content has to be a *********** baddie who is not competent enough to do a basic PvE rotation, let alone move in and out of boss mechanics ECT.. wait... Why do these baddies even want or need the best gear in game? It's not like they will be accepted into ops groups even with BiS gear lol. Edited by Lithdox

I have worked hard to outfit my 15 characters with the best gear I can get. I have payed millions of credits to buy the Ops only materials needed to make 216 mods. I have ground hours and hours to get the crystals needed to buy 216 and 220 gear, but only on a couple of characters because trying to outfit all 15 by doing x2s is not practical. I have tired on many ocations to join Ops only to be tolled that since I do not know the strats and have never done them before I can not be in that OP (including SM Ops which I would think should be for learning said Op). If I mention that I have not done the Op before I get immediately kicked so the time I spent watching the videos was a waist since I never got the chance to even try. I have watched hours of YouTube videos to learn what I can from them to do Ops but still get kicked if I mess up ONE TIME. I have since given up trying to get into Ops because of the a holes that are in too much of a hurry to allow me to learn them cause the videos though showing you what needs to be done, you still need to practice to be successful and more than once a single failure means ejection from the Op even when it was a Guild Raid and not a PUG. I know my characters and how to play thank you very much. But after 4 years of beating my head agents a wall I have stopped. I have joined "Raiding Guilds" only to not be allowed to raid because I was not one of the MAIN Raiders. I currently am guild leader in 3 different guilds that I joined who said they were "Raiding Guilds" only to have NOBODY log in but me for 4 years. I have also dissolved 5 different guild that I inherited because nobody every played and joined new guilds only to have to do the same thing to them.

I would REALLY like to do Ops, but finding a guild that is willing to take the time to train a level 65 player that has NEVER done an Op before is like pulling teeth with your fingers.

Then I see the raiders call me names because I do not have the necessary experience or assume that I do not have the skill to do the Ops, much like you JUST did.

I play this game to have fun.....

Not to increase my stress level...

Your experience is not the norm. as many others have said, most raiding teams are willing to bring on and help gear new raiders. Especially with the dwindling raid community, we need new blood. I've never kicked a PUG for not knowing mechanics. I have kicked for consistently (consistently as in more than once) not following instructions, or being an ******. But the amount of completed raids compared to kicks is at the very least 20 to 1.

When we have a less experienced and lesser geared player, we run them thru certain ops to get the gear, craft implants/relics as filler, etc. to help get them up to speed.

I may not be the norm either, but based on feedback from others and what I've witnessed on Shadowlands, your experience as described is an outlier

I'm just gonna say.. everyone I have seen that agrees with the new content has to be a *********** baddie who is not competent enough to do a basic PvE rotation, let alone move in and out of boss mechanics ECT.. wait... Why do these baddies even want or need the best gear in game? It's not like they will be accepted into ops groups even with BiS gear lol.

Everyone getting access to gear is not the problem here. Skill will determine there place at the end.

However, this game and many other games like it are based on gearing up. From start to end. You are conditioned to gear up in every way. Time after time gear is the next step. It makes nearly everything you do easier, faster and more time efficient. 1-70 and beyond you always want upgrades. This game or others like it.

The need and want for upgrades does not stop just because you hit max level.

Every single gamer falls into that somehow with what I would say might have slight variations. There has never been a use for denying gamers upgrades because as you implied. Skill is the dividing factor. Best gear doesn't mean successful gamer.

Thats why everyone getting access to gear over time is a good thing. It's something every gamer needs and wants because thats what this game is based on and thats what gamers are conditioned to go after. Thats a powerful carrot on a stick.

The problem is RNG and RNG gearing at end game. There is no benefit to the gamer in that. There is no good outcome nor instance where that makes a better game in a game based on getting better gear and specific sets of gear. The carrot on a stick you are conditioned to go after is now left to chance for all your time and effort. Thats some real garbage gaming for a game like SWTOR.

RNG loot crates are the problem. Everyone eventually having access to gear is not.

Edited by Quraswren

Your experience is not the norm. as many others have said, most raiding teams are willing to bring on and help gear new raiders. Especially with the dwindling raid community, we need new blood. I've never kicked a PUG for not knowing mechanics. I have kicked for consistently (consistently as in more than once) not following instructions, or being an ******. But the amount of completed raids compared to kicks is at the very least 20 to 1.

When we have a less experienced and lesser geared player, we run them thru certain ops to get the gear, craft implants/relics as filler, etc. to help get them up to speed.

I may not be the norm either, but based on feedback from others and what I've witnessed on Shadowlands, your experience as described is an outlier

This. We had people trying for a raid team that didn't even know their rotations, but we deemed that they could be good, because they listened and had good positioning. Took them through SM ops to get to know the basic tactics, EV/KP HM, for better gear, helped with rotations and advice on how to minmax their gear.

To my knowledge most guilds (except a few very elitists), accept new people who want to raid, even without having done an ops. They train them and help them. There have been plenty of adverts on Fleet from guilds that say "We offer HM/NiM training".

I've seen a couple people try to compare this to the announcement of level-sync.

Please don't, these situations couldn't be more different. This is an actual problem. No one quit over level sync.

This is an literal game wrecker for an awful lot of players.

Actually, I know of a couple people that quit over level-sync. Then came back. This is exactly the same - different mechanics change sure, but exactly the same reaction. Y'all will burn down the forums, quit and come back. Same ol' same ol'.