Gearing Changes in Eternal Throne

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

One of the things we talked a bit about on the stream is that there are gearing changes happening with Knights of the Eternal Throne. This thread is meant to give you a few more details on some of the things that will be happening in KOTET, along with being a place that I can address questions or concerns you have with these changes. First, here are the details on how gearing will work at level 70:

• Once you hit level 70, the source of end-game gear will be Command Crates from Galactic Command.
  • Most activities in the game will earn Command Experience Points (CXP), which will earn you Command Ranks. Each time your Command Rank increases, you earn a Command Crate.
  • The higher your Command Rank, the better gear that will drop from your Command Crates.
  • The highest difficulty Operations and Uprisings, along with Ranked Warzones are intended to be the fastest ways to earn CXP. This means they are the fastest way to get the best gear.
  • Both PvP and PvE gear will come from Command Crates. Their gear is now shared as Expertise is being removed (head to this thread to discuss PvP/PvE itemization specifically).
  • Gear will no longer drop from bosses as all gear will come from Command Crates. All cosmetic/unique drops will still remain on those bosses (Stronghold Decorations, Wings of the Architect, etc.).
  • Players will be able to craft comparable item level gear without set bonuses.

That should cover most of the basic changes coming to itemization in KOTET. I know this is a lot to take in, so please ask any questions you may have in this thread and I will work to answer what I can!

-eric

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds very promising. I do like the traditional endgame gearing system but I'm not opposed to changes. My questions are:

• What happens to Priority Ops?
  • Can we send gear over via legacy armor? Or is the gear not moddable?
  • Will you increase the drop rate for cosmetics in flashpoints/operations? Before 4.0, FP bosses had a 100% chance to drop decos but this was stealth-nerfed with KotFE.

Edited by Jerba

I know this is a rather dumb question to ask, but will KOTET be the same as KOTFE where mobs pop out of nowhere and prevent you from stealthing? It is an annoyance for quite a bit of people. Besides that, the Galactic Command System sounds amazing.

Oh no, please let this not be true. Does this mean that OPS do not drop loot any longer (with highest level gear in NiM OPS?). I mean, this is another stab into the raiding community if that is true. Is Galactic Command the ONLY source for endgame gear. I want to see this confirmed or not confirmed. Although i am afraid of the answer.

• The higher your Command Rank, the better gear that will drop from your Command Crates.
  • Both PvP and PvE gear will come from Command Crates. Their gear is now shared as Expertise is being removed (head to this thread to discuss PvP/PvE itemization specifically).

I can forsee the PvP issues right now.

Does a command crate drop a whole set, or only a partial set?

Oh no, please let this not be true. Does this mean that OPS do not drop loot any longer (with highest level gear in NiM OPS?). I mean, this is another stab into the raiding community if that is true. Is Galactic Command the ONLY source for endgame gear. I want to see this confirmed or not confirmed. Although i am afraid of the answer.

As he said, raiding will get you the (one of the) quickest rate of CXP gain - so raiding will still get you gear. It's just not the only place to get it any more

If you get end game gear each rank, does that mean you will hit a max end game item quantity of 100 (or whatever the rank cap is)?
Good question. Transffering BiS mods and stuff in Legacy shells from alts and their Galactic Command rewards is 1 thing, but items like Earpieces, Relics etc cant be transferred. So what happens if my character hits 100 Galactic Command yet never was so lucky to win any BiS Earpiece or Relic from the Galactic Command Crates?

So I have to grind that sh*tfest of a new UI to get access to the highest lvl gear to be able to play PVP. If I dont grind, I am disadvantaged against others in the game mode I play almost exclusively.

Get rekt, f*cktards. I am outta here.

3 questions

1. Just to clarify, you only have to hit level 70 to access command ranks, and not complete KOTET story, correct?

2. Is there a max level for command ranks?

3. Once we hit that level, will there be any other way to obtain rewards that we didn't get?

Thanks

Hey folks,

One of the things we talked a bit about on the stream is that there are gearing changes happening with Knights of the Eternal Throne. This thread is meant to give you a few more details on some of the things that will be happening in KOTET, along with being a place that I can address questions or concerns you have with these changes. First, here are the details on how gearing will work at level 70:

• Once you hit level 70, the source of end-game gear will be Command Crates from Galactic Command.
  • Most activities in the game will earn Command Experience Points (CXP), which will earn you Command Ranks. Each time your Command Rank increases, you earn a Command Crate.
  • The highest difficulty Operations and Uprisings, along with Ranked Warzones are intended to be the fastest ways to earn CXP. This means they are the fastest way to get the best gear.
  • Gear will no longer drop from bosses as all gear will come from Command Crates. All cosmetic/unique drops will still remain on those bosses (Stronghold Decorations, Wings of the Architect, etc.).

That should cover most of the basic changes coming to itemization in KOTET. I know this is a lot to take in, so please ask any questions you may have in this thread and I will work to answer what I can!

-eric

And this is the final nail in the coffin for raiding in SWTOR. :(

Hey folks,

-eric

#

Hey Eric, I know your favourite colour is purple and we're BFF's so I'd like some answers.

So first off I'd like to thank Eric and Co for the stream tonight.

We have some questions.

First of all, are you saying that end game gearing is now solo play based? So we play solo to get the BiS gear with no need for operations?

Is there any server merge / cross server planned after the initial flood - has this been discussed at all or is it a non topic?

Is expertise now a dead stat for PvP?

Where can we buy what you're smoking?

If you're free for another interview, well, that would be neat but I know you're a busy guy and I had one recently. It's just, this, this, this. Wow. It's just leading in to more questions. To be honest the main question I personally have is "has the person who had these ideas been sectioned recently".

Much love.

Snave

Edited by snave

• Dev Post
  • What happens to Priority Ops?

Priority Ops will no longer exist. They are sort of replaced in that Operations can be the daily bonus, which will award bonus CXP for doing them.

Is there a cap to command rank? As in, for example, you reach "level 100 command rank" and you can progress no further?

EDIT: Also, will any of this affect gearing prior to level 70?

There is a cap. When you hit the cap you continue to earn CXP and fill your bar so that you "level." When this happens and you are at the cap you will get a Command Crate but not level up.

No effect below level 70.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco