Are we ever go back to empire vs republic story?

ShieldProtection

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only there were a former SIS senior operative and a former Minister of Imperial Intelligence on the player's team that could talk to us about that very topic..

Point of Information - Minister of Sith Intelligence. The Imperial Intelligence Bureau was {REDACTED}

I too would love to know what has been going on with the Empire and Republic all this time… :rak_03:

Let me suggest a posh shortcut and title for 6.0: POTOR - Pirates of the Old Republic

The eternal empire is gone, both factions are too weak for open warfare, so now they fight proxy wars with their freebooter fleets. You lead one of this merry bands and may or may not secretly work only for yourself, against all flags.

The outlaws will feel at home there, the soldiers will quicklly adapt, and the glowsticks already had two tailor-cut expansions, and well, pirates are known for their fencing prowess. ARR.

Edited by Mubrak

I hope they will rethink their policy and return to concept of empire vs republic. Fighting some third side which consists of npc only is not fun + we all like star wars for it's reps vs imps universe..

It's strange but my recollection of vanilla is that most of the enemies are third party factions linked to the planet you happen to be on. Whether it's Flesheaters, Black Sun pirates, Hutts, Rakghouls, House Ulgo, Killicks, Sandpeople, the list goes on and on ;)

It's strange but my recollection of vanilla is that most of the enemies are third party factions linked to the planet you happen to be on. Whether it's Flesheaters, Black Sun pirates, Hutts, Rakghouls, House Ulgo, Killicks, Sandpeople, the list goes on and on ;)

Or opposing groups in your own faction...

Yeah, we actually fight those and more a lot. And it still felt like Empire vs Republic. Even SoR, where they team up, I have the SW feeling. But KotFE... it's like an alternate universe or something. It doesn't feel like SW at all.

True, but there was always the 'threat' of Imperial/Republic meddling in the conflicts.

It COULD be done.

One way is to have any future class specific missions take place, chronogically, before KOTFE chapter 1. The story arcs have always seemed to leave gaps of time between them.

As long as whatever is written doesn't prevent your toon from going to Darth Maul's ship at the start of KOTFE chapter 1, they can add whatever they want (mostly) in terms of new content.

It would be the same rules as authors had for the Star Wars books in the old EU. "Don't change anything already established" being the primary rule.

Edited by Darevsool

For all my (tepid) defenses of the story beats as-is; I'm still mildly disappointed by the details.

The Eternal Empire didn't have to be capable of defeating the Empire and the Republic, together, at the height of their military power. Let the two powers batter each other senseless in the first couple of years of 5-year timeskip, and then the EE swoops in and picks at the wreckage of 5 years of intense and total war. They don't need to have an Eternal Fleet that can beat the combined armadas of the two empires but falls to one single starship; just one that can ambush the remnants and defeat them in detail. The Knights aren't following a "more powerful" philosophy, just one that didn't feed the flower of the Sith and Jedi into the meatgrinder.

Small changes in background detail, and no changes required to the main story, but a lot less silliness.

I too would love to know what has been going on with the Empire and Republic all this time… :rak_03:

-eric

You know that is a dang, dang, dang, dang, dang annoying hint. Specifically because of what you did NOT say... that darn conjunction there triggered a thought about V, Arcann, and the whole Zildrog prophecy in regards to the Outlander.

That took, like, what, a week to wiggle around my head, dangitsomuch. Kudos.

For all my (tepid) defenses of the story beats as-is; I'm still mildly disappointed by the details.

The Eternal Empire didn't have to be capable of defeating the Empire and the Republic, together, at the height of their military power. Let the two powers batter each other senseless in the first couple of years of 5-year timeskip, and then the EE swoops in and picks at the wreckage of 5 years of intense and total war. They don't need to have an Eternal Fleet that can beat the combined armadas of the two empires but falls to one single starship; just one that can ambush the remnants and defeat them in detail. The Knights aren't following a "more powerful" philosophy, just one that didn't feed the flower of the Sith and Jedi into the meatgrinder.

Small changes in background detail, and no changes required to the main story, but a lot less silliness.

Don't worry, once we defeat the Eternal Empire, we'll probably have to contend with Vitiate's next avatar: Valkyrie. Who is a woman this time for variety. Valkyrie will be heading the Infinity Empire, with a bunch of force-sensitive, hyper-intelligent robot Skytroopers as its enforcers. Also, they have four arms and dual-wield both lightsabers and blasters.

And they spawn EVERYWHERE. Going to your ship? Skytroopers. Queued for PvP? Skytroopers. Group finder? Skytroopers. Logged in? All of your characters have just been replaced by skytroopers.

Also also, Valkyrie will have a bunch of inbred cousins called Vaseline, Valium, Vim, and Vigor, all of which want the throne and are willing to kill each other for it, but none of them are force-sensitive and they all have a disease that causes them to blurt out their secret plans at random. So far, Valkyrie has had to lock them up for treachery so many times that she doesn't even bother anymore, so now they just wander the throne room looking lost, blurting out things about stabbing Valkyrie in the back or about going through a complex alchemical process to become a hyper-intelligent skytrooper, so as to be able to blend in and take Valkyrie by surprise.

But wait, there's more!!

We'll get Koth Vortrooper. Koth Vortena in Skytrooper form. It's like Scorpio and Koth blended in one. Also, he'll come into your stronghold at random and bust things up a bit for the fun of it. And you'll get Revan as a companion, like you've never seen him before! Revan the Sky-

*urk*

***Incoming transmission: That's enough about skytroopers, you... you... bully. Also, heyyyyyyyyyyyy... wasn't me transmitting this! - Kai Zyyken***

Also also, Valkyrie will have a bunch of inbred cousins called Vaseline, Valium, Vim, and Vigor, all of which want the throne and are willing to kill each other for it, but none of them are force-sensitive and they all have a disease that causes them to blurt out their secret plans at random.

While I'm not digging your snarky tone (I like KOTFE well enough) I laughed out loud when I read the names of the inbred cousins so thanks for that :)

Incidentally, I was calling KOTFE, KOFTE... kofte... like the kebab... in ALL my forum posts until about a month ago when I realised what I was doing. I'm not even dyslexic or have any excuse for it.

Now I really want a lamb kofte and it's too late here to order :(

While I'm not digging your snarky tone (I like KOTFE well enough) I laughed out loud when I read the names of the inbred cousins so thanks for that :)

Incidentally, I was calling KOTFE, KOFTE... kofte... like the kebab... in ALL my forum posts until about a month ago when I realised what I was doing. I'm not even dyslexic or have any excuse for it.

Now I really want a lamb kofte and it's too late here to order :(

Lol. There's a lot about KOFTE (:p) that I like. I'm just poking fun.