please try. Your total fail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Graystar

so I'm on bastion. I invite you to look. One person owns all the companion gifts. I'm not jokeing this individual owns all of them. This game has not seen or figured it out. !,000's of the best companion gifts. its been prce fixed. now that no one is on no one cares. Yet I am unable to aquire the companion gifts i need due to the mechanics the game put in. As well as the cheaters. There is no wat one person went all in on every salavage that there is. And while it might be a great move. I pay to play this game. For me and my kids. There is no hope otherthan transfers. I hate theserver transfer conversation. I'm at the point of buying a new gaming system. It will be cheaper than keeping my $'s here......

this accout owns every salvage on my server...... every!

Really make a character is you don't belive me....

every single gift

What is the problem? You want to buy, and he is selling. Is it price that you are upset about?

Just the other day, I was the only one selling two different types of companion gifts. You know what, a couple hours later, others posted and under cut me. I'm still the largest seller these days. You know why? Because I bought up every under priced listing for months, reselling at server market rates later on. Others have done the same, so it's one big revolving market in companion gifts in the Maintenance and Delicacies categories.

This is The Bastion you are referring to, right? A largely deserted and empty former PvP server? Prices will be higher and there will be less competition there. As empty as some people claim these old PvP servers are, I'm surprised anyone is selling much of anything on the GTN.

Edited by Andryah

Run eternal championship instead as much as you need to. You get 42 green crystals per completion. Don't pay for things you can get easily through just playing. Companion gifts cost 30 green crystals at the vendor on Odessen.

Yep. Green crystals fall like candy in this game.. and 30 greens per companion gift is a bargain really.

Yep. Green crystals fall like candy in this game.. and 30 greens per companion gift is a bargain really.

Even so, going from, say, Rank 30 to Rank 50 on a Companion takes, what, 100 Rank 6 gifts or so? That's at least 10mil you'd be sinking into it. Even if you're not outright paying for the gifts yourself, you're losing potential profit by using them instead of selling them, are you not?

Wouldn't he be better off just doing weekly heroics/Star Fortress and using the rank 4/5 gifts from turning in the supply crates (selling the rank 6 ones)?

Edited by Loadsamonie

Mate calm down and let me explain. I suppose you are trying to reach high companion affection right? If that is the case use the trick with the rank 2 companion gifts!!

On the fleet is a vendor that sells rank 2 companion gifts, you can buy them for around 1,5 million credits (those arent hard to come by on a dead server doing heroics). Then you macro giving gifts to your companion, you will have around 3000 gitfts, so please, macro it. It might take like an hour, but your compaion will reach rank 40+ with this method, i did that on all companions. Its the easiest way to increase rank.

yes, for the last few levels you do need the rank 6 stuff, but for that, just get crystals, do SoR, for example, you get loads of them there and 300 when you get to Rishi for example.

so I'm on bastion. I invite you to look. One person owns all the companion gifts. I'm not jokeing this individual owns all of them. This game has not seen or figured it out. !,000's of the best companion gifts. its been prce fixed. now that no one is on no one cares. Yet I am unable to aquire the companion gifts i need due to the mechanics the game put in. As well as the cheaters. There is no wat one person went all in on every salavage that there is. And while it might be a great move. I pay to play this game. For me and my kids. There is no hope otherthan transfers. I hate theserver transfer conversation. I'm at the point of buying a new gaming system. It will be cheaper than keeping my $'s here......

Really make a character is you don't belive me....

every single gift

player ran economy, a player can corner the market if he or she wishes to, it's the best way of making money by buying low and selling high, same on the stock markets in real life, only a lot less risky. Thats the risk of a player ran economy, you can either buy them or not, either way you got to make a choice and complaining about it won't change that fact.

so I'm on bastion. I invite you to look. One person owns all the companion gifts. I'm not jokeing this individual owns all of them.

every single gift

What you mean to say is he is the only one selling the ones he buys. They aren't rare drops you have to depend on others for. You get them running, investigation, treasure hunting, diplomacy, buying from vendors, turning in alliance crates, etc lots of ways. If you choose not to do any of those, then yes you are at the mercy of a bad economy server where there are limited buying options on the GTN

player ran economy, a player can corner the market if he or she wishes to,

There are limitations to this. See, I could, for example, acquire the resource in question (as said elsewhere, gifts aren't *hard* to get), and list it on the GTN for 3% less than the guy who's trying to corner the market.

(That way, if he is inclined to buy out my items to maintain his price control, it costs him credits because of the 6% GTN fee, but if he doesn't buy them out, he has to sacrifice some control over prices in the GTN, *and* if I'm persistent enough, he has to sacrifice a bunch of sales.)

What is the problem? You want to buy, and he is selling. Is it price that you are upset about?

Your passive aggressiveness is tiring. You really help no one with your style of writing. But I told you this already 3 years ago or something. Why do I even bother.

Even so, going from, say, Rank 30 to Rank 50 on a Companion takes, what, 100 Rank 6 gifts or so? That's at least 10mil you'd be sinking into it. Even if you're not outright paying for the gifts yourself, you're losing potential profit by using them instead of selling them, are you not?

Wouldn't he be better off just doing weekly heroics/Star Fortress and using the rank 4/5 gifts from turning in the supply crates (selling the rank 6 ones)?

Yes, running heroics is a great way, though the gift drops are random.

But why run a companion to influence level 50 to begin with? Diminishing returns if you try to go much past 25-30. I can see a heavy crafter maybe doing so for the crafting bonus, but that's simply an investment in their business... so the cost is worth it to them.

And as others have already pointed out.. painful though it may be, it's inexpensive to ramp a companion using the vendor sold rewards.

Edited by Andryah

Your passive aggressiveness is tiring. You really help no one with your style of writing. But I told you this already 3 years ago or something. Why do I even bother.

It has the worst passive aggressiveness. It was such a joy when it was gone for a few months earlier this year.

Yes, running heroics is a great way, though the gift drops are random.

But why run a companion to influence level 50 to begin with? Diminishing returns if you try to go much past 25-30. I can see a heavy crafter maybe doing so for the crafting bonus, but that's simply an investment in their business... so the cost is worth it to them.

And as others have already pointed out.. painful though it may be, it's inexpensive to ramp a companion using the vendor sold rewards.

Run heroics for the crystals. Use the crystals to buy top tier companion gifts from the vendor on Odessen. You know the 2k+ affection gifts. 30 crystals per gift.

Just the other day, I was the only one selling two different types of companion gifts. You know what, a couple hours later, others posted and under cut me. I'm still the largest seller these days. You know why? Because I bought up every under priced listing for months, reselling at server market rates later on. Others have done the same, so it's one big revolving market in companion gifts in the Maintenance and Delicacies categories.

This is The Bastion you are referring to, right? A largely deserted and empty former PvP server? Prices will be higher and there will be less competition there. As empty as some people claim these old PvP servers are, I'm surprised anyone is selling much of anything on the GTN.

This is pure capitalism.

And we are merely the tools to it.

Maybe I should nickname you "Mr. [ or Mrs. ? ] Gekko" in the future ? :D