Is this lack of communication normal?

DarthWoad

Based on your Zealous fanatical " MMo=group" "religion's" definition on interaction and what a mmo is

Never did I is say MMO = group. I was pointing out the self interest in your own definition which contradicted itself. All the items you listed could be interaction, but to leave out Raids and PVP to suit your own arguement was flawed.

If you dont like wikipedia here is an actual dictionary definition.

MMORPG

Word Origin

Digital Technology.

massively multiplayer online role-playing game: any story-driven online video game in which a player, taking on the persona of a character in a virtual or fantasy world, interacts with a large number of other players.

Expand

Compare MMO.

Origin of MMORPG Expand

1990-19951990-95

Dictionary.com Unabridged

Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2016.

So my statement of Player interaction is a core is correct.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on your Zealous fanatical " MMo=group" "religion's" definition on interaction and what a mmo is

MMORPG

Word Origin

Digital Technology.

massively multiplayer online role-playing game: any story-driven online video game in which a player, taking on the persona of a character in a virtual or fantasy world, interacts with a large number of other players.

Expand

Compare MMO.

Origin of MMORPG Expand

1990-19951990-95

Thank you for confirming I was 100% correct! Can we all move on now?

I'm glad we can finally agree that SWTOR is an MMO at it's core, and that group content and interactions ALSO includes raids and PVP, and that story is just another pillar, but not the core, otherwise this game would be like Uncharted 4 - single player with the option of multiplayer. ;)

So my statement of Player interaction is a core is correct.

If you actually read my comment and the context of it i used the word "could" if you need me to find the definition of that Let me know :) nowhere there did i say "only" As i have said many times i have no problems with group content in itself .

My issues is with the bunch of Zealous fanatics that believe in the fallacy that without raids /pvp it does not qualify as a MMO . and that raids pvp is the "core" of every mmo like its some kind of religion

Which is completely Factually false .

IMO- not speaking for anyone else A complete single player MMO would be amazing as shown in KOFE i am happy that Bioware is following this path and hope they continue

Edited by _NovaBlast_

Who in this thread has said that?

I know I haven't. I even went as far as to state that if they stop with raids I would be fine with that as long as they brought in another activity that I could enjoy instead of it. So no idea, who these zealots are.

Edited by Tsillah

I know I haven't. I even went as far as to state that if they stop with raids I would be fine with that as long as they brought in another activity that I could enjoy instead of it. So no idea, who these zealots are.

I had posted that all content should be worked on: operations, fps, pvp,rp, gsf in addition to story as it benefits the community when all segments are taken care of

so likely I"m the raids or bust zealot

Edited by Jamtas

this thread was about communication I thought. Not how people prefer to play the game.

Indeed, well noted.

Edit:

I suppose this is the moment where we must concede that BW is not the only one with communication problems :p

Also well noted! :D

Edited by Transcendent

Wel, you did say " Making everything more accessible and easier to achieve and giving equal choice and treatment ".

If it's the same for everyone, are you saying that everyone likes having things easy?

Some people want things easy, some people want challenges and goals, but making everything more accessible and easier to achieve is a big mistake because the people who want challenge won't like it.

No, no, no. You cannot use his logic against him. It is a one-sided argument -- it cannot be used against him because that's not fair, and that's not what 'everyone' wants. :rolleyes:

Funny how the majority of people that never do anything but complain and doomgloom also have referral links in their signatures.

Some of y'all out-prost the Kardashians.

That always makes me chuckle too. Of course now that you've tried to rub their noses in it, expect the gang to do a drive by on your post.

MMORPG

Word Origin

Digital Technology.

Expand

Compare MMO.

Origin of MMORPG Expand

1990-19951990-95

You make a claim, you get proven wrong, then you label and dismiss. You're not convincing anyone but yourself.

the fallacy that without raids /pvp it does not qualify as a MMO .
That's not a fallacy. It's a belief you disagree with, but that doesn't make it a fallacy.
if you need me to find the definition of that Let me know :)
;)

And while you're at it, go check out persuade.

Edited by idnewton

That always makes me chuckle too. Of course now that you've tried to rub their noses in it, expect the gang to do a drive by on your post.

QFT that is so true "gang" is the perfect description for it to negative squad incoming with more doom and gloom lol

Edited by _NovaBlast_

Why is this thread even still open? The gang is out in full force with their strong arm tactics and abrasiveness. Lock this sucker down, there's no reasonable discussion going on here apart from the gangs usual circle jerk.

I second that mods if your listening this Thread should have been shut down ages ago.

I second that mods if your listening this Thread should have been shut down ages ago.

QFT that is so true "gang" is the perfect description for it to negative squad incoming with more doom and gloom lol

(This is what happens when people don't get their way, all because people don't agree with their opinions. They start name calling and asking for threads to be closed.:rolleyes:)

Edited by DarthWoad

(This is what happens when people don't get their way, all because people don't agree with their opinions. They start name calling and asking for threads to be closed.:rolleyes:)

At least when they close a thread, they usually say why...so it's a form of communication...technically :p

At least when they close a thread, they usually say why...so it's a form of communication...technically :p

Hahaha. Truth is that this thread isn't going anywhere useful anymore. I think we can all see that at this point. But at the same time it hasn't degenerated as far as many other threads have done.

I suspect that as long as it's within reason, BW might allow us to keep wallowing in our grief and misery for another week or two.

Eric has responded that October stream will be answers- some of us have stated that we want more communication or more frequent communication.

So really if it pertains to KOTET, ok we understand waiting. But for other topics that are not restricted to KOTET or future expansions - some of us just like more interaction with BW through Eric and Ben. Not just at boiling points, but as part of keeping the conversation active. There will never be "enough" communication, but we'd just like to see more than what we've gotten.

Holy **** this thread moved fast.

@Nova, thanks for answering my question. I have a couple of comments.

- I have put more hours into SWTOR story content than any other "offline" Bioware game I have played The money i've spent both on subs and CC i feel has been of great value.

This is fair. I suppose I have as well, just in terms of "hours played". There are a few other games that compete with "total hours", namely Bioware's DA:O, CDPR's TW3 and Relic's DoW RTS series (though the latter had multiplayer in addition to single player).

- I like the effort that is put into the game constantly expanding the story

I can see that. I do feel that the storytelling is GIMPED by having to fit inside an MMO. The parts of the game outside a cutscene (the actual gameplay) is awkward compared to what happens in a single player RPG. The completely static game worlds work against good storytelling. Etc.

- SWTOR is already bigger and has more story related content cutscenes etc than any "offline game" you can mention out there

Cutscenes? No argument from me.

But story-related content outside of non-interactive cutscenes? Witcher 3 blows SWTOR out of the water, IMO. It's a really fine example of what a single-player RPG can be.

- I personally hope Swtor to keep making content the same a KOFE and hope KOFT follows the same path . (but bring my companions back ! :( ....miss Kira.....)

I would have been happier if

a) There were more single player Star Wars RPG's being made. I mean ****** ******* **** it's been 4 ******* years since Disney bought LucasFilm and killed off LucasArts. All we get is Disney Infinity, Battlefront and Lego???

b) SWTOR could have included more repeatable content in 4.x. And this doesn't just mean operations. And this doesn't just mean flashpoints. The 2.x expansion brought us new daily areas, seeker / macrobinocular missions, galactic starfighter, strongholds, etc. Even after I ran my characters through Makeb, I had PLENTY of brand-new things to do.

c) KotFE should have tried harder to make the experience worth bringing multiple alts through. As I mentioned earlier, I have 8 "head canon" characters that represent each of the 8 game archetypes. The others are crafting alts, or throwaway characters. I brought each of these 8 "mains" through Makeb. I brought each of them through Rishii (to see the class story nods). But Yavin / Zoist was harder -- there just wasn't enough variety to keep it interesting. KotFE is the same way. Worse, IMO.

Edited by Khevar

So they can play their solo rpg.....online! :D

Touché ! :D

wow your so blinded by your own self interest i'm sure that if i told you a fact like the sky is blue you would disagree and find some sort of explanation that it is red.

I'm often playing "deviol's advocate". Someone *must* show things from different angles !

Multiplayer does NOT mean grouping.

Anyone who thinks it does should suspend their subscription for a month and use the money to buy a dictionary.

All The Best

To be exact, even the single-player game called "Sacred 2" uses an multiplayer server for the solo campaign !

Who in this thread has that attitude? Who says that interacting with players is the only group content?

Outside of this thread - several people.

Besides - it is so much funny how much force you put into ignoring me ! :D

You accused others of self interest but you did the same with the above.

Ignoring other discussion participants ( like me ) is indeed selfish.

And no, don't say "no, it's meant to keep the discussion clean". :D

there's no reasonable discussion going on here apart from the gangs usual circle jerk.

I agree that this discussion has become a closed circle. But it's not the first time I've seen this.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I would like to point out that when this thread was on track and in fighting was at a minimum we saw six gold posts pop out into different threads. Since we started heavier in fighting with no furthering of the purpose of this thread we've received zero. Let that sink in. Might be strictly coincidence. Might not.