Marauders are OP!

VixenRawR

Okay I jumped the gun. Yet if what I've seen is correct in 5.0 maras will be absoutely Godly.

So prepare your complaints now!!

I saw a mara run laps around a pt!

A mara resisted all my damage for 10 mins!

Obsfukitten?! Uhh...*ambush* /quit....

I have the roll bug! On it's just a mara rooting me.

I've read some crazy things are happening in 5.0 - while sorcs will still likely be on top (based on what I saw), everything else could easily be mixed up. But it's way too early for crying. Even after some of the presentations happening later today: way too early. Edited by Savej

Saying that maras need a nerf is basically saying make them more useless in everything.

I was being a bit sarcastic with my post but maras are far from useless. Imo they are one of the best dps in the game and have some amazing cooldowns once you know when to use them. Also sometimes I will play with my friend and we will play 2 ops, 2 mercs, 2 juggs, 2 maras and so on. I think by far dual maras are insane I would rather have 2 ops open up on me than 2 maras in my face any day.

Edited by VixenRawR

I've read some crazy things are happening in 5.0 - while sorcs will still likely be on top (based on what I saw), everything else could easily be mixed up. But it's way too early for crying. Even after some of the presentations happening later today: way too early.

Whose crying?

Saying that maras need a nerf is basically saying make them more useless in everything.

Are you kidding me? Marauders may not be op, but they are one of, if not, the best dps classes in the game. At least for pvp they are. With team support the only dps class that has a chance at giving them a run for their money is a sniper or a Merc. Marauders are absolutely amazing.

They have very good damage, great mobility, good utility, very strong defenses, and moderate cc. They are exactly what a dps class should be. They can totally wreck people, but will eventually be defeated because they don't have self heals unless they have support. That's good. They shouldn't be invincible. But they are the furthest thing from useless. If you want useless in pvp look at pyro pt.

As far as the datamined stuff: marauders already have the best defensive cooldowns in the game and they are basically getting a slightly weaker version of undying rage on top of what they already have. They will be very hard to kill. But seeing as how marauders are my absolute favorite class I'm cool with that. Hope it comes thru :D:D

As far as the datamined stuff: marauders already have the best defensive cooldowns in the game and they are basically getting a slightly weaker version of undying rage on top of what they already have. They will be very hard to kill. But seeing as how marauders are my absolute favorite class I'm cool with that. Hope it comes thru :D:D

when picking the right utilities (and knowing how to use them), maras are bad news in regs and ranked. I kind of think BW overcompensated them for the sorc root-fest. but w/e. they aren't wrecking balls w/o help.

Edited by foxmob

Long as Bioware doesn't prune any mara abilities away I am happy. Id flip if they actually added a couple more abilities to Carnage, that would be absolutely amazing, Retaliation back at least would be nice. Annihilation has 3 more offensive attack abilities then Carnage. I mean even if the two added abilities didn't actually do anything lol, I'd still want them, just to have more abilities to hit while playing Carnage. I don't like that Annihilation is more fun to play right now to me then Carnage. Edited by SVTCarnage

when picking the right utilities (and knowing how to use them), maras are bad news in regs and ranked. I kind of think BW overcompensated them for the sorc root-fest. but w/e. they aren't wrecking balls w/o help.

Yeah and Marauders still suffer greatly from a good sniper. Out of any class pitted against another class I feel mara vs sniper probably has the biggest gap in abilities. A sniper should never use to a marauder. However I feel both of these classes have something that all dps should have, no legitimate way to self heal. I am honestly fine with abilities like force leech on a sorc and even Endure Pain on a jugg. You can't spam heal yourself to full with them and they aren't going to make or break anything. Spamming dark heal does.

Honestly I would be fine with ops losing self heals and immunity roll for higher burst and better DCD's like that of a mara or jugg.

The only class a mara can't beat 1v1 is a Operative, and then a Assassin like just literally right behind a OP in that department. Then any other class or spec depends on the players behind the classes. I mean a skank tank jugg can kind of be a pain for like maybe Carnage. This is just my experience or opinion, assuming were talking about good players of course. Edited by SVTCarnage

Yeah and Marauders still suffer greatly from a good sniper. Out of any class pitted against another class I feel mara vs sniper probably has the biggest gap in abilities. A sniper should never use to a marauder.

hmm. I don't think so. they both have some serious acc debuffs. but mara has better DR. I think if he plays his cards right, mara should win, imo. but iunno. I don't see a whole lot of well played snipers. like caprica and devil or ppl of their ilk, I'd trust to outmaneuver a mara. but man, i see so many better played maras than snipers. so it's hard to make an objective decision based on ACs here (for me).

Honestly I would be fine with ops losing self heals and immunity roll for higher burst and better DCD's like that of a mara or jugg.

I know I'm beating a dead horse, so I will try not to mention this again, but there isn't anything inherently wrong with ops dps. the tradeoff is real. it's just that the objective maps can't handle that kind of mobility and solo survivability (as long as killing the other guy isn't important).

Edited by foxmob

I agree with him. hes right. On the subject of why we see more "good" maras then snipers, I think its because mara play is intuitive. Sniper play isn't.

I am just trolling, I ask for agent buffs, I'm the biggest newb in the pvp forums.

Edited by SVTCarnage

I agree with him. hes right. On the subject of why we see more "good" maras then snipers, I think its because mara play is intuitive. Sniper play isn't.

I don't know. I can't remember the last time I lost to a Mara on my sniper in a 1v1. Even though they are turrets, snipers have enough mobility and cc to keep the marauder at bay. Marauders have very good defenses so a sniper isn't just going to blow them up. But I'd still give the edge to a sniper if they face each other off.

The again I don't really lose to snipers on my Mara either. I honestly think there are just a lot of people that don't know how to play either of those classes well. There is actually a lot of people that don't know how to play any class well.

But if I'm on my Mara fighting an equally skilled sniper...I think the sniper would win. Depends on the map and LOS opportunities of course, but that's my opinion of it. I have a friend that I have played with since launch. We both play all classes well. He is particularly good at sniper and I am particularly good at marauder. Though I am also good at sniper and he at marauder. I will have to duel him several times trading off between sniper and marauder to see.

Edited by Saikochoro

hmm. I don't think so. they both have some serious acc debuffs. but mara has better DR. I think if he plays his cards right, mara should win, imo. but iunno. I don't see a whole lot of well played snipers. like caprica and devil or ppl of their ilk, I'd trust to outmaneuver a mara. but man, i see so many better played maras than snipers. so it's hard to make an objective decision based on ACs here (for me).

Well I didn't really play marauder a lot until after 3.0. I have played sniper since 1.0. It was the second class I made after my merc. I understand how a marauder works as I've played it for years now, but I in almost every circumstance I can literally pin a marauder down as a sniper and blow it to bits (after all the cooldowns and the likes). Yes predation breaking roots, camo to sneak up, and obsfucate on a sniper are awesome and the overall dmg reduction makes mara's deadly but snipers have enough root, knockback, and stuns to keep a marauder at bay. I literally have zero fear or worry about a marauder. In general every melee class doesn't really bother me. It's ranged that can kite and instant cast, dot and heal to full around corners that will ruin my day as a sniper. Snipers aren't as mobile that much is obvious, so it's easy to create a situation where a melee is stranded in the open and being picked off my a sniper. A timed roll will nullify a pt's predictable thermal detonator and such. Can't close the gap with leap though you can use mad dash but still a sniper just has better control. I will continue to legshot, knockback. (With penetrating blast utility) Mara's who try to close in on me. I am not saying a mara can't kill a sniper or that I haven't been killed by a marauder in a warzone but it's pretty much near impossible imo. I mean in team play with people swarming all over the place, heals and guards going about. A mara will tear about any class imo. A sniper being healed and a mara being healed...mara will probably win but then it's so much more subjective to the actual heal skill and the whole map dynamic at that point. Snipers in general have the ability to position themselves making a mara almost useless against them as a sniper takes them out.

Edited by VixenRawR

Okay I jumped the gun. Yet if what I've seen is correct in 5.0 maras will be absoutely Godly.

So prepare your complaints now!!

I saw a mara run laps around a pt!

A mara resisted all my damage for 10 mins!

Obsfukitten?! Uhh...*ambush* /quit....

I have the roll bug! On it's just a mara rooting me.

You are a cry baby, stop crying...and learn to play. I kill marauders in pvp for fun, been doing it since smash monkeys. I will tell you a secret, don't tell anyone....players will not stand still and let you kill them, I know it's annoying but it's true, and sometimes they will use a defensive skill when you attack them....the jerks. :rak_01::rak_01:

The only class a mara can't beat 1v1 is a Operative, and then a Assassin like just literally right behind a OP in that department. Then any other class or spec depends on the players behind the classes. I mean a skank tank jugg can kind of be a pain for like maybe Carnage. This is just my experience or opinion, assuming were talking about good players of course.

With the proposed root on the basic attack, ops will be free kills.

With the proposed root on the basic attack, ops will be free kills.

Don't worry, ops can now get a KB every 13 seconds.

Edit: actually two.

Also, to all the mercs who wanted survivability - your time has come.

Edited by Greezt

Don't worry, ops can now get a KB every 13 seconds.

Edit: actually two.

Also, to all the mercs who wanted survivability - your time has come.

Yes, KB was exactly what ops needed, lol. Seriously i wish they stopped trying to find a place for overload shot.

Yes, KB was exactly what ops needed, lol. Seriously i wish they stopped trying to find a place for overload shot.

If you thought people complaining about op CC potential now was anything, just wait. If this hits live...

Also, overload shot needed something for it. Such a sad abandoned ability.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.