Vector Hyllis: Worst Romance Ever

Reluctance

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After Hoth my heart belongs to another. Poor Vector, I lost all interest in romancing him after meeting the man of my dreams.

I'm a Chiss girl, and after that kiss Aristocra Saganu gave me just before the last mission, and when he called me his red flame, that was just so beautiful. I wanted to try romancing Vector since he's sweet and so but I just can't now, since it'd feel like I was cheating on Saganu.

After Hoth my heart belongs to another. Poor Vector, I lost all interest in romancing him after meeting the man of my dreams.

I'm a Chiss girl, and after that kiss Aristocra Saganu gave me just before the last mission, and when he called me his red flame, that was just so beautiful. I wanted to try romancing Vector since he's sweet and so but I just can't now, since it'd feel like I was cheating on Saganu.

You're a cutie.

Same for my chiss agent! I'll have to post the screenshot of their goodbye kiss after work tonight. It was nice to have a moment of genuine affection in a sea of mental abuse and feelings of betrayal. When I got his holomessage on my ship about wishing things were different and we would spend all our time together if it was possible, it really brings home how much she gave up and how much she's suffered.

Girl This dude is repellent, it's like trying to flirt with a rock. A rock covered in ants.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying romance sub-plots should be lovey-dovey cuddlefests, but this guy kind of makes me throw up in my mouth a bit.

Wins the internet! Still laughing as I type this.

I did the female IA in beta and felt the same, as much as a guy playing a video game as a female avatar can. But I could never have said it better. My wife (also a gamer) shook her head at this one too, she much prefered Corso from the smuggler story with his Star Wars bumkin-ified way of speaking.

Same for my chiss agent! I'll have to post the screenshot of their goodbye kiss after work tonight. It was nice to have a moment of genuine affection in a sea of mental abuse and feelings of betrayal. When I got his holomessage on my ship about wishing things were different and we would spend all our time together if it was possible, it really brings home how much she gave up and how much she's suffered.

All of this!! Still romancing Vector anyway, but if I had the option for the above spoiler to continue, I'd be there in a heartbeat!

All of this!! Still romancing Vector anyway, but if I had the option for the above spoiler to continue, I'd be there in a heartbeat!

Aw! I'm happy there's others who also fell for him, he's so handsome and protective, I think if it hadn't been for that kiss my Yvi'i would maybe not have made it.

It's almost painful just to think about act 2 :< I didn't kill anyone but Kothe (by accident, I thought he'd just go away if I clicked the neutral option, I wanted to prove that I was kinder than him but he went into the gun room anyway). But Saganu just made it seem like there was still some hope, so I felt kinda like you IronSalamander!

I so wish he returns in a future patch!

I want to be his Red Flame forever *dreams*

And thanks vimm, that brightened up my day! ^^

Edited by Yayatroll

I'm totally for a Chiss romance. My female IA is a Chiss and I'm the biggest fan of Grand Admiral Thrawn ever, so my SWTOR fantasy is to romance a male Chiss *_*

I can't wait to go on Hoth. Is it possible to miss that romance? I fear to do something wrong and miss it!!

We should make a petition to have a male Chiss companion and be able to make a proper romance with him. And he would tell us romantic love words in Cheunh *o*

Edited by Evolvana

I'm totally for a Chiss romance. My female IA is a Chiss and I'm the biggest fan of Grand Admiral Thrawn ever, so my SWTOR fantasy is to romance a male Chiss *_*

I can't wait to go on Hoth. Is it possible to miss that romance? I fear to do something wrong and miss it!!

We should make a petition to have a male Chiss companion and be able to make a proper romance with him. And he would tell us romantic love words in Cheunh *o*

Don't worry, it's part of the class quest chain :D

Do do want! ^^ We could have an ice picnic and whisper sweet things to each other!

Stupid codeword making me lose the man of my dreams >.<

Finally home from work! This first spoiler is just the picture I mentioned earlier.

http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab268/Salamander8888/ChissRomance.png

The second goes into what we were discussing in more detail.

Unlike you Yayatroll, I let Chance die and wanted Adun Kothe dead, although not as much as that waste of carbon; Hunter. I went into more detail about this in the ending spoiler thread, but I feel this crass disregard for my agent's mind and the insidious violation in represents is worse than death. Had Chance not used the hated codeword, he would have lived. Kothe was too smug and used the codeword too often to live. I even remarked to Doctor Lokin:"Self Righteous Prigg, even that was too good for him." This is a change for Kylania since she was pure light until Chance and Kothe's deaths, but this brutal disregard for her mental health is so scarring, so horrific that death is too good for them.

I'm still at light 4, with over 7k light and only 250 dark (and I consider killing people who are essentially ****** your mind as gray not dark so even these dark points I do not agree with), but I'm sure killing Hunter, who butchered colonists, used the hated codeword with impunity, and is an all-around sociopath, will get me more dark despite all that. Hopefully that's about it. Kylania's idealism and desire to make the empire a better place for all has been severely shaken by this vile manipulation and base betrayal, but I won't let her fall all the way. Vector and Aristocra Saganu are the only two who seem to really care about her, and I really hope to see Saganu again some day. That one scene of genuine tenderness was the only real bright spot in act II.

Finally home from work! This first spoiler is just the picture I mentioned earlier.

http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab268/Salamander8888/ChissRomance.png

The second goes into what we were discussing in more detail.

Unlike you Yayatroll, I let Chance die and wanted Adun Kothe dead, although not as much as that waste of carbon; Hunter. I went into more detail about this in the ending spoiler thread, but I feel this crass disregard for my agent's mind and the insidious violation in represents is worse than death. Had Chance not used the hated codeword, he would have lived. Kothe was too smug and used the codeword too often to live. I even remarked to Doctor Lokin:"Self Righteous Prigg, even that was too good for him." This is a change for Kylania since she was pure light until Chance and Kothe's deaths, but this brutal disregard for her mental health is so scarring, so horrific that death is too good for them.

I'm still at light 4, with over 7k light and only 250 dark (and I consider killing people who are essentially ****** your mind as gray not dark so even these dark points I do not agree with), but I'm sure killing Hunter, who butchered colonists, used the hated codeword with impunity, and is an all-around sociopath, will get me more dark despite all that. Hopefully that's about it. Kylania's idealism and desire to make the empire a better place for all has been severely shaken by this vile manipulation and base betrayal, but I won't let her fall all the way. Vector and Aristocra Saganu are the only two who seem to really care about her, and I really hope to see Saganu again some day. That one scene of genuine tenderness was the only real bright spot in act II.

speaking of the IA agent endings, i spoiled myself and took just a teeeeeny peek, and i don't want heavy details, but i want to know if

You go all light side, do your imperial companions know you have deflected, and are loyal to that. i know vector is loyal imperialist, and i'm already feeling bad living a lie around him if he continues to do so. the role my character plays is a big universal bandaid- trying to clean up messes and hold things together where i can. If it means i can work from both sides to do this, that's all cool. I do wish Vector shares the same ideas. Shes also a chiss...and getting it on with a chiss sounds cool... thank goodness vector isn't the jealous type :> i hope i get to smurf him

That picture is just beautiful! Your Kylania has the same haircolour as my Yvi'i, so I can almost picture her in it too! I'm sad I didn't save it, I almost want to replay that romance now just for that, but I don't think I could handle act two again!

I think what went through Yvi'is mind when she chose to not kill chance was that he only used the codeword because he was scared. And I still thought that I could flirt my way to their trust at that time. I'm quite glad I didn't kill Chance, since I think Yvi'i didn't want to really, it didn't fit her character. I did however feel good about killing Kothe, even if it was a little accidental. When the guns started firing I was actually genuinely happy, which is so unusual for me as a person! It's really a terrible thing to do to a person and absolutely unforgiveable and I did so want to kill Hunter when he first used the word on me. I mean, I was scared of pressing my holocom when the button flashed because I didn't know who would use the codeword against me and what they'd make me do!

Yvi'i cared for the empire, but never for the sith empire, which is why she tried to be generally a thorn in the side for all sith lords. After the brutalizing of her mind, when she found out that intelligence had ok'ed it, she thought about defecting for real when she got the assignment. But when it turned out the Republic was just as bad, I think what she wanted most of all was freedom. She did eventually get freedom of her own mind, even though that scene on the ship kinda haunts me when I sleep sometimes :< Eventually she did turn out as light 5, but mostly from doing things opposite of the way she was told to. I see her very much as the heiress of the ideas of the Star Cabal, I'm very sad that they got so changed in the end!

In a way I think that act as a female is quite shattering on a real level, since I was constantly worried that the mind- brutalizing would turn into somehting worse. Sorry if I get to dark here, but I think that's what made me kinda very much uncomfortable and so physically affected by it. And that feeling of not being in control at all of your own mind and body, it's just.... so creepy!

As I said before, I think that kiss saved her sanity, and I think that maybe if I had been a bit more affectionate towards Vector, he might have been that person instead. But it ended up being my Chiss prince, and it sort of does suit her more I think.

In the end, Yvi'i did turn out to be full light side, I think she picked a different path from your Kylania in that she is almost forgiving to a fault. But if not for that kiss, I think she'd have such trouble trusting anyone ever again.

There is one scene in act three that really haunts me as well, but I will not spoil it. *pre-sadness hugs to ease the pain*

To Crezelle: If you end it like I did, you work kinda only for yourself, so you're finally free which is what Yvi'i wanted all along I think. The ending kinda makes it all work, the last thing you say to your crew patches it all up so don't worry dear! ^^

*gasp* Long spoiler! I should not write life stories of my character at 1 in the night, work tomorrow!

Edited by Yayatroll

That picture is just beautiful! Your Kylania has the same haircolour as my Yvi'i, so I can almost picture her in it too! I'm sad I didn't save it, I almost want to replay that romance now just for that, but I don't think I could handle act two again!

I think what went through Yvi'is mind when she chose to not kill chance was that he only used the codeword because he was scared. And I still thought that I could flirt my way to their trust at that time. I'm quite glad I didn't kill Chance, since I think Yvi'i didn't want to really, it didn't fit her character. I did however feel good about killing Kothe, even if it was a little accidental. When the guns started firing I was actually genuinely happy, which is so unusual for me as a person! It's really a terrible thing to do to a person and absolutely unforgiveable and I did so want to kill Hunter when he first used the word on me. I mean, I was scared of pressing my holocom when the button flashed because I didn't know who would use the codeword against me and what they'd make me do!

Yvi'i cared for the empire, but never for the sith empire, which is why she tried to be generally a thorn in the side for all sith lords. After the brutalizing of her mind, when she found out that intelligence had ok'ed it, she thought about defecting for real when she got the assignment. But when it turned out the Republic was just as bad, I think what she wanted most of all was freedom. She did eventually get freedom of her own mind, even though that scene on the ship kinda haunts me when I sleep sometimes :< Eventually she did turn out as light 5, but mostly from doing things opposite of the way she was told to. I see her very much as the heiress of the ideas of the Star Cabal, I'm very sad that they got so changed in the end!

In a way I think that act as a female is quite shattering on a real level, since I was constantly worried that the mind- brutalizing would turn into somehting worse. Sorry if I get to dark here, but I think that's what made me kinda very much uncomfortable and so physically affected by it. And that feeling of not being in control at all of your own mind and body, it's just.... so creepy!

As I said before, I think that kiss saved her sanity, and I think that maybe if I had been a bit more affectionate towards Vector, he might have been that person instead. But it ended up being my Chiss prince, and it sort of does suit her more I think.

In the end, Yvi'i did turn out to be full light side, I think she picked a different path from your Kylania in that she is almost forgiving to a fault. But if not for that kiss, I think she'd have such trouble trusting anyone ever again.

There is one scene in act three that really haunts me as well, but I will not spoil it. *pre-sadness hugs to ease the pain*

To Crezelle: If you end it like I did, you work kinda only for yourself, so you're finally free which is what Yvi'i wanted all along I think. The ending kinda makes it all work, the last thing you say to your crew patches it all up so don't worry dear! ^^

*gasp* Long spoiler! I should not write life stories of my character at 1 in the night, work tomorrow!

awesome.

I'd hate to lie to my husband. I feel with the ways things are going to get hectic for me... from the very few things i've spoiled myself on, i feel that moment where we spend the evening together, free of his hivemind to be the most magical moment in my agen't life. "We" became "I" .She has no privacy, she has to assume fake personalities and roles to accomidate her missions and to earn trust of those around her. But that night, you both got to be yourselves, with nobody watching. and as far as his little "passengers", i just figure they are like that dog of yours, who might have some ideas whats happening, but is of such a massively different mindset, that they don't really care or bother with it, so they are negligable.

I like Vector. I like his voice. I like his intelligence and subtle ways. I don't like the fact that it's taking me so long to rub forearms.

Seriously, the rest of the guild have all joined "Loose Morals are Us" and I'm uptight with almost max Dark Side points chasing after the Bug Man.

It's making me super cranky so I guess I'm off to kill more people and collect my cats....err Dark Side points until "they" are ready to show me what they're working with. ;)

That ship sequence with the barrage of images was disturbing, but the whole mind abuse idea still bugs me and I'm past act 2, just starting act 3 while my friends catch up. I had to push through act 2 and get my freedom back, I couldn't stand the whole mind control scheme. The idea that you couldn't even tell anyone that you couldn't resist being forced to do things by these monsters and having to live with that knowledge would be mentally scarring to say the least. When Watcher X set the new codeword and we had 3 choices; revenge, one I can't recall, or freedom with no more programming ever, I jumped on freedom without a second thought. Kylania does want revenge but that pales compared to being her own woman again. All this trauma is why I had to let Chance die, and killed Kothe and will kill Hunter when I can, but I let Saber and Wheel go since they were not only not nasty, they never used that abominable codeword. Before the brainwashing horror, I always chose light with 1 or 2 grey options. I let Karrels go back on Hutta, I felt bad enough as it was. I had to let poor Mia go back on Tatooine as she had my sympathy and I really liked her.

Kylania will get light 5 for sure. I'm at 7950 light and 250 dark right now, and while her idealism is shaken, she still genuinely wants to make the empire a better place for everyone, barring the dark council and the nastier Sith (all my sith are light side :p ). I want the 'batman' ending where you are light/grey and give the codex to the minister to become free to help the empire from the shadows without the intervention of the accursed dark council.

That ship sequence with the barrage of images was disturbing, but the whole mind abuse idea still bugs me and I'm past act 2, just starting act 3 while my friends catch up. I had to push through act 2 and get my freedom back, I couldn't stand the whole mind control scheme. The idea that you couldn't even tell anyone that you couldn't resist being forced to do things by these monsters and having to live with that knowledge would be mentally scarring to say the least. When Watcher X set the new codeword and we had 3 choices; revenge, one I can't recall, or freedom with no more programming ever, I jumped on freedom without a second thought. Kylania does want revenge but that pales compared to being her own woman again. All this trauma is why I had to let Chance die, and killed Kothe and will kill Hunter when I can, but I let Saber and Wheel go since they were not only not nasty, they never used that abominable codeword. Before the brainwashing horror, I always chose light with 1 or 2 grey options. I let Karrels go back on Hutta, I felt bad enough as it was. I had to let poor Mia go back on Tatooine as she had my sympathy and I really liked her.

Kylania will get light 5 for sure. I'm at 7950 light and 250 dark right now, and while her idealism is shaken, she still genuinely wants to make the empire a better place for everyone, barring the dark council and the nastier Sith (all my sith are light side :p ). I want the 'batman' ending where you are light/grey and give the codex to the minister to become free to help the empire from the shadows without the intervention of the accursed dark council.

I really see what you mean about having to push through act 2! When I was playing it, I just tried to be super efficient at work so that i could go home to free my poor Yvi'i! It was a horrible experience that I didn't think that a video game would make me feel! I also chose the "I want to be free" option, because the other ones just didn't seem like what she would have done. I never killed Watcher X either (I must admit I did have a crush on him...) so I think maybe for me, him helping me become free was like his way of saying thanks.

I think maybe why I feel a little more at peace with things is because there is a scene in act 3 that might make you change your mind or so! The words that go with it if you are truthful had me sobbing in front of my computer *blush*. But before that, I was all revenge'y as well! What Hunter explains in the end also kinda made me pity him more than hate him.

I thinks maybe that ending is what I did too, I never saw me giving the codex to Keeper, but I erased myself from all the records. Yvi'i is not being anyone's plaything anymore, she needs her time to heal and reflect over things! And maybe find love with Saganu again one day.

I really see what you mean about having to push through act 2! When I was playing it, I just tried to be super efficient at work so that i could go home to free my poor Yvi'i! It was a horrible experience that I didn't think that a video game would make me feel! I also chose the "I want to be free" option, because the other ones just didn't seem like what she would have done. I never killed Watcher X either (I must admit I did have a crush on him...) so I think maybe for me, him helping me become free was like his way of saying thanks.

I think maybe why I feel a little more at peace with things is because there is a scene in act 3 that might make you change your mind or so! The words that go with it if you are truthful had me sobbing in front of my computer *blush*. But before that, I was all revenge'y as well! What Hunter explains in the end also kinda made me pity him more than hate him.

I thinks maybe that ending is what I did too, I never saw me giving the codex to Keeper, but I erased myself from all the records. Yvi'i is not being anyone's plaything anymore, she needs her time to heal and reflect over things! And maybe find love with Saganu again one day.

I made some more progress with Vector last night. After my initial negative impression of his killik half, he really does grow on me. It's nice that you can trust someone long-term after the tribulations of act II.

Yayatroll:

I do know that Hunter is not a he due to catching spoilers accidently. When you consider how callously and often he/she used that codeword to subvert our freewill and then the asteroid colony slaughter she instigated, I can't think of much that would let me forgive such acts, but we'll see soon once my friends are caught up storyline-wise. It was so bad that Sunday when I took a break near the end of Act II to get food, I was listening to Cannibal Corpse's "I will kill you" in the car with Hunter in mind. It takes a lot to get me this mad and take darkside points on my beloved Kylania, but this loss of self and mental torment is just too much to take. It's a mental scar she'll have to live with and who knows if it does have some possble brain damage or other permanent alterations to her thoughts and/or personality? The very thought is revolting.

I have 4 chiss girls, 2 each of bounty hunter and agent, but I really don't know if I can take my alt agent (that's going operative since Kylania is a sniper) through this mental hell again. Especially since she'll have to say farewell to Saganu just like Kylania did. :(

I made some more progress with Vector last night. After my initial negative impression of his killik half, he really does grow on me. It's nice that you can trust someone long-term after the tribulations of act II.

Yayatroll:

I do know that Hunter is not a he due to catching spoilers accidently. When you consider how callously and often he/she used that codeword to subvert our freewill and then the asteroid colony slaughter she instigated, I can't think of much that would let me forgive such acts, but we'll see soon once my friends are caught up storyline-wise. It was so bad that Sunday when I took a break near the end of Act II to get food, I was listening to Cannibal Corpse's "I will kill you" in the car with Hunter in mind. It takes a lot to get me this mad and take darkside points on my beloved Kylania, but this loss of self and mental torment is just too much to take. It's a mental scar she'll have to live with and who knows if it does have some possble brain damage or other permanent alterations to her thoughts and/or personality? The very thought is revolting.

I have 4 chiss girls, 2 each of bounty hunter and agent, but I really don't know if I can take my alt agent (that's going operative since Kylania is a sniper) through this mental hell again. Especially since she'll have to say farewell to Saganu just like Kylania did. :(

Aww! I'm glad your Kylania is getting someone to share her sorrows with, I just don't think it'd be right for Yvi'i so I won't pursue it.

I do understand what you're feeling, it was very much what I felt too at that time only I felt more confused and lost and very violated than actually angry. I think maybe it's because I always want to think that if I am kind enough things can change. But the time I spent on Voss very much made things a little brighter for my Yvi'i and I think after that planet her outlook on things changed.

I feel the same about another Agent! I really want to try sniper too as Yvi'i is an operative, but I'm playing a Smuggler instead for that since I don't think it would be healthy for me to go through act two again! So far I love smuggler, it's a lot less dark than agent so far even if I am just at level 10! But I wouldn't want to change Yvi'i for anyone really, she is who she is because of the terrible things that happened to her, but also due to the tiny glimmers of hope.

Aww! I'm glad your Kylania is getting someone to share her sorrows with, I just don't think it'd be right for Yvi'i so I won't pursue it.

I do understand what you're feeling, it was very much what I felt too at that time only I felt more confused and lost and very violated than actually angry. I think maybe it's because I always want to think that if I am kind enough things can change. But the time I spent on Voss very much made things a little brighter for my Yvi'i and I think after that planet her outlook on things changed.

I feel the same about another Agent! I really want to try sniper too as Yvi'i is an operative, but I'm playing a Smuggler instead for that since I don't think it would be healthy for me to go through act two again! So far I love smuggler, it's a lot less dark than agent so far even if I am just at level 10! But I wouldn't want to change Yvi'i for anyone really, she is who she is because of the terrible things that happened to her, but also due to the tiny glimmers of hope.

I do see your reluctance to delve more into the Vector romance, since Saganu was just that damn good! Prior to meeting him though, I had pursued a lot of depth with Vector and he's always been there and supportive. If the game gave me the option to just run off with Saganu and 'retire' Kylania in her new happy place I would have taken it and switched to Thelianna my Powertech as my main, despite how much I love playing agent. If Saganu returns later in expansions, things may get a bit complicated though.

Our views on the violation don't deviate very much, despite my apparently greater anger than anything else. Kylania felt hurt, betrayed, frightened, confused, and angry all at once. The mention of brain damage seriously had me worried too, but after forever sealing off the ability for someone to ever control me again, it seems her faculties are all there, but the scars from this travesty will remain. She will strive to maintain her originally idealistic view and keep to making the lightside choices as much as possible. She will rise above all this and strive to make the empire better for all which was her goal at the onset. Keeper chastised me some for this at the end of Hutta since I was pure light at that time, but Kylania is strong with a good heart and will persevere.

When I was done on Quesh with the shadow arsenal and the new Keeper called me on the ship, I did spout off about betrayal from the empire due to the brainwashing since she could finally say something about it and the Keeper's almost deadpan reply that I was "upset" didn't help much. I then confronted the minister. When Kylania stated that "I gave everything to the empire, and this is how you repay my loyalty?!"the whole thing really hit home. I get the distinct impression that the minister is really on our side though and that he was left with no choice, especially when he tells me that he will not tell anyone that I am free. From a character perspective I think death would actually be preferable to this horrendous mental violation, but from a continuing MMO perspective that obviously wouldn't work well.

Part of the reason I rolled agent as my main was to be imperial without having to deal with the Sith so often, but it seems to not be in the cards since they won't leave us alone to just our jobs. The main reasons I went agent of course are that chiss women are so beautiful (especially the blue skin which is my favorite, with purple, green, and red close behind), the class and story are excellent if downright disturbing at times, and the voice actress is brilliant.