HK-55 for non subscribers

moonhunterdeath

No where did I state that the reward system should be changed to suit me, and look at any other games loyalty system, their far better including rewards not from continuous subbing, but just by subbing at all and over time eventually getting a reward. So you finally agree that if they do release the HK chapter, in theory, that it isn't worth $120$ :p?

No, I do not agree that the bonus chapter is not worth $120. That is what those who subscribed for those 8 months paid. IMO, it is worth every penny.

Regarding the reward system, we are in partial agreement with regards to a veteran reward system.

I have already put forth my support for a veteran reward system, in addition to the time specific subscriber rewards. I have stated that should BW decide to implement a veteran reward system alongside the time specific subscriber reward system, that I think the two types of reward systems should have different and mutually exclusive rewards.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not according to EA.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-subscriber-rewards

"During the Chapter releases of Knights of the Fallen Empire, you’ll earn additional rewards if you are a Subscriber on these dates:

January 11, 2016:

Recruit HK-55 in Game Update 4.1

You will recieve an Alliance Alert to recruit HK-55 in once your character has completed Chapter IX: The Alliance."

Be a Subscriber from January 11 through to August 1, 2016:

"Bonus Chapter! If you’re subscribed continually from January 11 to August 1, you’ll gain access to an exclusive Chapter where you play as HK-55.

This bonus chapter, Shroud of Memory, will be available to play on September 7 for all eligible players."

I don't see anything about a continuous subscription to receive the companion, that is for the bonus chapter.

Looks like it was $15 for HK, just like it was for Nico. What an accomplishment- players bought a companion.

Yes, it was one month subscription for HK-55, but it was a SPECIFIC month, as stated by BW, both on the promotion page and in the link you provided.

No, I do not agree that the bonus chapter is not worth $120. That is what those who subscribed for those 8 months paid. IMO, it is worth every penny.

Regarding the reward system, we are in partial agreement with regards to a veteran reward system.

I have already put forth my support for a veteran reward system, in addition to the time specific subscriber rewards. I have stated that should BW decide to implement a veteran reward system alongside the time specific subscriber reward system, that I think the two types of reward systems should have different and mutually exclusive rewards.

Let me guess, Fallen Empire as a whole is worth every penny as well? You would easily pay $150+ for a standalone game with similar content? Similar length, gameplay, story?

Should the veteran rewards be retroactive, or should the slate start clean for everyone?

Let me guess, Fallen Empire as a whole is worth every penny as well? You would easily pay $150+ for a standalone game with similar content? Similar length, gameplay, story?

Worth every penny, IMO. I can only speak for myself, though.

Should the veteran rewards be retroactive, or should the slate start clean for everyone?

I'd be fine with it either way.

Everyone playing now could start at 0, or those playing from day one could get credit for every month they subscribed.

Of course the latter would mean that many (those who chose to remain subscribed throughout the life of this game) would be starting far, far ahead of those that played for a few months, then abandoned the game, only to return a month or two ago. I doubt it would take long for the first of many threads comlaining that "It's not fair. I've been playing since day one. So what If I never subscribed after the game went F2P. I'm entitled to shiny veteran reward 'X'. " or "I've been playing since the game went F2P. So what If I never subscribed before this. It's not fair. I'm entitled to shiny veteran reward 'X'." to crop up.

The important things, though, are to ensure that the rewards offered are different and mutually exclusive and that past timed subscriber rewards remain exclusive. No time specific reward should be available through a veteran reward system and no veteran reward should be available for being subscribed at a specific time.

So HK does not actually cost more than $15, correct? Less for those with discount plans?

You could say that, I guess.

The cost is irrelevant, though. The important factor is the LIMITED and FINITE time HK-55 was available to be "purchased".

You can try to rationalize it all you want, but many missed that LIMITED and FINITE opportunity to "purchase" HK-55.

No where did I state that the reward system should be changed to suit me, and look at any other games loyalty system, their far better including rewards not from continuous subbing, but just by subbing at all and over time eventually getting a reward. So you finally agree that if they do release the HK chapter, in theory, that it isn't worth $120$ :p?

Your right, it isnt worth $120....its $111

You could say that, I guess.

The cost is irrelevant, though. The important factor is the LIMITED and FINITE time HK-55 was available to be "purchased".

You can try to rationalize it all you want, but many missed that LIMITED and FINITE opportunity to "purchase" HK-55.

Just like those white crystals were touted as a one-time opportunity, right?

I'm not sure why we're even having this discussion. You guys who couldn't be assed to stay subbed for whatever your reason are not going to get past rewards. No Founder titles, no Party Jawas, no HK-55s, or Nicos, or Bonus Chapters.

NOTHING.

Bioware has not and will not suddenly give it to you because you chucked a tantrum and couldn't be subbed for something. If you can't afford $15 a month for whatever reason you have, then you aren't getting the items. Next time you want a reward, you'll do what Bioware says you need to do to get the item.

You may as well give up on the above rewards, cause they're not going to be sold in the Cartel Shop. Bioware may act like dinks, but they aren't.

I'm not sure why we're even having this discussion. You guys who couldn't be assed to stay subbed for whatever your reason are not going to get past rewards. No Founder titles, no Party Jawas, no HK-55s, or Nicos, or Bonus Chapters.

NOTHING.

Bioware has not and will not suddenly give it to you because you chucked a tantrum and couldn't be subbed for something. If you can't afford $15 a month for whatever reason you have, then you aren't getting the items. Next time you want a reward, you'll do what Bioware says you need to do to get the item.

You may as well give up on the above rewards, cause they're not going to be sold in the Cartel Shop. Bioware may act like dinks, but they aren't.

The only people here I've seen throwing a tantrum are the ones in opposition to the premise of this thread. In psychology, it's called projecting.

Are we in politics? Because it seems the people guilty of one thing, are trying to say the other side is guilty of it.

Sometimes I don't know. I'm pretty confident that the only reason the word "entitlement" entered into common usage on game forums is because of bleed over from politics.

Except, you are ignoring two IMPORTANT facts.

The white crystals were NEVER subscriber rewards, nor were they touted as one-time opportunity. In fact, someone linked a BW statement indicating that those white crystals might be available again at some point down the line. If you wish to see the statement, all you need do is go back through the thread, or alternatively, you could use the forum search.

The only people here I've seen throwing a tantrum are the ones in opposition to the premise of this thread. In psychology, it's called projecting.

Then maybe you should remove those blinders and rose colored glasses.

In psychology (and in life in general), it's called accepting reality.

Well for me the last part of DvL is making me a bit Agrivated, trying to get an OPs que for Ravagers or finding a group for DF story mode, is proving to be quite a challenge. Then again I might have to get another character to 65 probably a Gun Slinger to find those groups because that class is probably the one I would like the most to be in an OPs with,

Que times for those OPs are not so fun because most people don't use them, and sending messages to people forming ops groups want to face roll the ops so lower levels are not so much welcome, guilds tend to focus on Voice Chat, something I won't participate in, And then their is the Que for the HM Flash points, Lol!!

I am not trying to compliane but all the other things required for legendary level are mostly two people required at most. So to those missing rewards I really do understand how you feel. But will BW change those requirements for Legendary status. In my opinion no they won't. And it does piss me off I won't probably get it done. :(

So yeah not everyone can get every reward for events or subscriptions, heck I still wish I could get the CE green and black Color Crystal that ironically enough didn't come with the Collecters Edition, but rather a code on a SWTOR mouse, keyboard or mouse pad, which have been long discontinued!!

Except, you are ignoring two IMPORTANT facts.

The white crystals were NEVER subscriber rewards, nor were they touted as one-time opportunity. In fact, someone linked a BW statement indicating that those white crystals might be available again at some point down the line. If you wish to see the statement, all you need do is go back through the thread, or alternatively, you could use the forum search.

I linked it.

The statement also talked about 'never is such a harsh word' followed by 'one-time opportunity'. Apparently we took different conclusions from the statement.

Then maybe you should remove those blinders and rose colored glasses.

In psychology (and in life in general), it's called accepting reality.

Eh...

Give up, Ratajack :confused:

Apparantly we have a deal with young brother of "OldTracerMissileAnimation" guy.

It's too late for him :(

So pay $15 this month only for Nico, and anyone that would be willing to pay $15 later is out of luck? Apparently $15 was magically worth more that month?

It has nothing to do with monetary value, it's a time-limited reward, doesn't matter if it's free or infinity.

They were never touted as that.

Funny, it looks like the snowflakes are the upset ones. "Entitled", "Whiners", "Crying". I recall one in this thread even saying he/she would be really upset it HK cost less than the subscription fee.

You seem to forget the OP that started all of this cuz they aren't a Snowflake but want to be a Snowflake and then the other non-Snowflakes who want to be Snowflakes whining and crying to become Snowflakes themselves.

So, if all these non-Snowflakes want to be Snowflakes like me then I must be doing something that they aren't and that makes me a Snowflake but not them and that's ok but for some reason the non-Snowflakes just can't live with themselves if they aren't also Snowflakes as well.

TL;DR - "Snowflake" isn't the insult you seem to think it is, it's actually a compliment, so thanks.

Edited by PetFish

I linked it.

The statement also talked about 'never is such a harsh word' followed by 'one-time opportunity'. Apparently we took different conclusions from the statement.

Again, for someone who "doesn't give a crap" (your own words) about all of this, you sure are vociferous about it.

The white crystals are totally irrelevant to this conversation. The white crystals were a one-time opportunity. That opportunity was to buy them, with credits, from a merchant, long before the Cartel Market. Once they were removed, and the opportunity ended, they have never (yes I'll use the word "never") come back on vendors for credits.

The ones that are upset are the ones that are asking for things they don't qualify for, or deserve (for lack of a better term). If others are upset, it's because they feel like they're talking to a pile of rocks. Those rocks want to be gemstones, but no matter how many times you say they can't, they just don't get it.

I vote that we give everyone that asks for something they're not qualified for the title Follower of Koth (unchangeable), complete with the hairdo that will cost 5000 cc to change off of. And everytime you right click them, they're forced to say "He's always been good to us." This way they can be spotted as someone who sees the universe through a single viewpoint that can never be wrong. :p

Edited by PorsaLindahl

I vote that we give everyone that asks for something they're not qualified for the title Follower of Koth (unchangeable), complete with the hairdo that will cost 5000 cc to change off of. And everytime you right click them, they're forced to say "He's always been good to us." This way they can be spotted as someone who sees the universe through a single viewpoint that can never be wrong. :p

omg make it happen BW! xD

Eh...

Give up, Ratajack :confused:

Apparantly we have a deal with young brother of "OldTracerMissileAnimation" guy.

It's too late for him :(

Never give up! Never surrender!

In all seriousness, though, I will continue to voice my disagreement with making subscriber rewards available again, lest my silence be interpreted as agreement, or neutrality, by BW.

It is strange that some of those opposing the idea would accept EA selling the 'loser' companion of the DvL event.

Apparently 'choices matter' only applies to some decisions and not others?

It is funny, and I truly love hypocrisy on display...but...this isn't, exactly the same thing. One is a reward for being subbed, the other is an event promo. They're certainly similar, but one doesn't require you to be subbed.

It is funny, and I truly love hypocrisy on display...but...this isn't, exactly the same thing. One is a reward for being subbed, the other is an event promo. They're certainly similar, but one doesn't require you to be subbed.

Eh, minor point, but the DvL event does require you to have been subbed at one point (Eternal requires lvl 65) during the KoTFE timeframe.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.