HK-55 for non subscribers

moonhunterdeath

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched Snave's interview with Eric Musco and found some gems about exclusive rewards and how they don't want to do it :), Here's the lnk -

Funny, how he specifically mentioned "exclusive SKELETONS", not exclusive rewards themselves. He even states that the PVP exclusive rewards will carry a level of exclusivity.

I can only speak for myself, but Eric's responses seem to completely jibe with the idea of specific rewards being exclusive, while still allowing for recolors and reskins.

The skeleton for the PVP rancor was obviously not an exclusive skeleton as we have seen many more rancor mounts made available, yet the PVP rancor mount IS exclusive to those who earned it.

Funny, how he specifically mentioned "exclusive SKELETONS", not exclusive rewards themselves. He even states that the PVP exclusive rewards will carry a level of exclusivity.

I can only speak for myself, but Eric's responses seem to completely jibe with the idea of specific rewards being exclusive, while still allowing for recolors and reskins.

The skeleton for the PVP rancor was obviously not an exclusive skeleton as we have seen many more rancor mounts made available, yet the PVP rancor mount IS exclusive to those who earned it.

Funny how he said they don't want to give exclusive rewards to people in top tier ranked because "it's unreasonable to give reward that noone in the future will ever get" but at the same time when it's for marketing reasons(such as sub rewards) all of this doesn't matter.

Funny how he said they don't want to give exclusive rewards to people in top tier ranked because "it's unreasonable to give reward that noone in the future will ever get" but at the same time when it's for marketing reasons(such as sub rewards) all of this doesn't matter.

Go back and listen to the interview. It might even help if you did so with an open mind.

He clearly states that there will be SOME exclusivity to the PVP rewards, but he also states that they do not want to use unique skeletons.

Take the rancor again. That PVP rancor is still exclusive, as that was the only way to get that rancor, but it is not the ONLY rancor.

This is the same as HK-55 is only available to those that qualified to receive him, but there may be a reskinned, recolored, renamed HK-56 on the CM using the same skeleton.

This is the same as HK-55 is only available to those that qualified to receive him, but there may be a reskinned, recolored, renamed HK-56 on the CM using the same skeleton.

Well HK-55 (and HK-51) is in fact just a re-skinned HK-47.

The way around this is actually quite simple: make an HK-51 customization that's inspired by HK-55 (they did it for the ship droids). It would get players to either do the HK-51 missions again and/or buy the unlock. And if the customization was a rare CM pack item...it would sell a lot of packs :p

Well HK-55 (and HK-51) is in fact just a re-skinned HK-47.

The way around this is actually quite simple: make an HK-51 customization that's inspired by HK-55 (they did it for the ship droids). It would get players to either do the HK-51 missions again and/or buy the unlock. And if the customization was a rare CM pack item...it would sell a lot of packs :p

So long as it was only a recolored, reskinned model "inspired by" and not identical to HK-55 and thus a way to "cheese" the exclusivity of the subscriber reward, I see no problem with that.

Where does it say that exactly?

The official page says:

I have little doubt it'll be for sale next week.

It doesn't say that verbatim. I was putting it in terms even a rock could understand, but I guess I expected too much. You obviously know how to scroll a webpage or you wouldn't be trolling here. Scroll down and match those asterisks with the Terms and Conditions at the bottom of that page you linked. If you actually read those Terms and Conditions, maybe, just maybe, you'll understand.

I am against HK-55 being available to anyone who didn't qualify but I am also one of those people who think that everyone will get a chance at a re-skin version in the HK pack.

One of the reasons I think a re-skin will be available and was always planned is the description on the companion customisations, it reads as HK51, HK55, HK51. I think the third HK will be for that re-skin when the pack is released.

The reason there are 2 HK-51's listed is because, while the same, there are 2 versions - Imperial and Republic.

And is it the same as party java, Nico or the bonus chapter, or they will be reskinned too? Or there is double standard as far as marketing is concerned.

The reason there are 2 HK-51's listed is because, while the same, there are 2 versions - Imperial and Republic.

Mubrak already clarified that earlier but thank you for setting me straight, i didn't realise they counted as different versions.

And is it the same as party java, Nico or the bonus chapter, or they will be reskinned too? Or there is double standard as far as marketing is concerned.

I don't think anyone against making the exclusive subscriber rewards available again has voiced any objection to reskinned, recolored, renamed versions of those rewards. In fact, many have suggested a reskinned, recolored Rico Okarr for the CM.

I see no double standard on the part of those against making the subscriber rewards available again.

Party java. Spiked coffee? :p

No. Like HK-55, they were one time rewards for being subscribed.

I have no doubt that there will, eventually, be another HK version. Probably a silver plated 59 model (the models seem to come out in 4 version increments).

There is a way, within the game's parameters (no exploiting involved), to get HK-55 without having been a subscriber on Jan 11, 2016.

Everyone saying they're willing to pay CC for HK-55 should consider this: If ithe cost would be the equivalent of a 1 month subscription, around 2,000 CC, you may as well just subscribe for a month instead, and just do through Chapter 3 of KoTFE and get him that way. So now the question is this: How much are you willing to pay.

I see no double standard on the part of those against making the subscriber rewards available again.

I was talking about BW, not people discussing on the forums

[edit]

And especially about party java i've seen a lot of people arguing against a reskinned one to make people complete the achievements so your point is not valid.

Edited by Tsetso

I was talking about BW, not people discussing on the forums

[edit]

And especially about party java i've seen a lot of people arguing against a reskinned one to make people complete the achievements so your point is not valid.

You're asking for two different things.

A reskinned, recolored, renamed "Jawa reveler" SHOULD NOT be able to be used for the achievement as the achievement is for killing Jawas with THE PARTY JAWA out, not killing Jawas with the "Jawa reveler" out.

What's that you say? Poor Johnny will never have 100% achievement completion? Well, Boo Hoo. There are numerous achievements that are no longer obtainable. There is nothing wrong with that.

Show me in the terms of service where BW even hinted that every player will have access to everythign that ever was in the game, that is presently in the game or that ever will be in the game, including achievements.

You're asking for two different things.

A reskinned, recolored, renamed "Jawa reveler" SHOULD NOT be able to be used for the achievement as the achievement is for killing Jawas with THE PARTY JAWA out, not killing Jawas with the "Jawa reveler" out.

What's that you say? Poor Johnny will never have 100% achievement completion? Well, Boo Hoo. There are numerous achievements that are no longer obtainable. There is nothing wrong with that.

Show me in the terms of service where BW even hinted that every player will have access to everythign that ever was in the game, that is presently in the game or that ever will be in the game, including achievements.

So you DO think sub rewards should be exclusive, but not ranked pvp rewards. Thank you for confirming that you're a full of it. I always suspected it, but now you proved it.

So you DO think sub rewards should be exclusive, but not ranked pvp rewards. Thank you for confirming that you're a full of it. I always suspected it, but now you proved it.

Honesty is a wonderful thing, some posters should try it sometime.

Nowhere did I say that PVP rewards should not be exclusive.

I have never said there should not be reskinned, recolored and renamed versions of HK-55, the party Jawa or Nico Okarr, just as there are reskinned, recolored and renamed versions of the rancor that was PVP EXCLUSIVE reward.

761 comments and 23,821 views..... :eek:

Wow.... do people REALLY want HK-55 that badly?

They want Nico, the Party Jawa, the HK-55 bonus chapter....Pretty much anything they didn't previously qualify for, they want. This thread's been around the block, several times, regarding subscriber rewards. Just when you think we've made headway in explaining the terms and conditions of said rewards, up pops another "Crusader For Non-Subscribers" that fails to understand the terms and conditions and stirs the pot up again.

It's getting ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Honesty is a wonderful thing, some posters should try it sometime.

Nowhere did I say that PVP rewards should not be exclusive.

I have never said there should not be reskinned, recolored and renamed versions of HK-55, the party Jawa or Nico Okarr, just as there are reskinned, recolored and renamed versions of the rancor that was PVP EXCLUSIVE reward.

You were pretty clear Rata. Some peoplelike to comprehend what they read to suit their beliefs or arguments. Just like they want to say what was clearly written in the sub requirements for the HK chapter. They know what it said, they just want to twist semantics to suit their personal agendas.

They want Nico, the Party Jawa, the HK-55 bonus chapter....Pretty much anything they didn't previously qualify for, they want. This thread's been around the block, several times, regarding subscriber rewards. Just when you think we've made headway in explaining the terms and conditions of said rewards, up pops another "Crusader For Non-Subscribers" that fails to understand the terms and conditions and stirs the pot up again.

Yea..... I just read through the last 10 pages & I think I got the gist of it. Lol

This is waaaaaaaaaay beyond ridiculous. :rolleyes:

*drops mic and continues to sub to ensure I DON'T miss out on any goodies :D

I'm never playing PVP and i don't want it.

But i want this "flaming" saber, rancor and all that awsome armor!

GIVE IT TO ME NAO!!!! It's nat fair dat only PVP'ers have access to it!!!!1111 :mad:

Those items should NEVER be exclusive to pvp rewards!!!!!1111:mad:

This is exactly how you sound folks.

Stop it.

If you failed to get HK-55, find some courage to face this fact.

Like me found courage to accept the fact that i'm never gonna get PVP gear and rewards, becouse i hate PVP and never gonna do it.

Just deal with it.

Actually there is one fair point to make.

BioWare should have stated from the outset what each and every month was going to reward if subscribed. BioWare should also have been explicitly clear about what story content (and the characters involved) the bonus chapter was going to contain.

The whole subscribers promotion in relation to KotFE thing has been half-arsed from the very outset. Even to the extent that they extended the original deadline for Nico stuff.

This is down to BioWare PR being absolutely clueless and unstructured in how they do things. Either that or they don't understand human psychology in the slightest.

Actually there is one fair point to make.

BioWare should have stated from the outset what each and every month was going to reward if subscribed. BioWare should also have been explicitly clear about what story content (and the characters involved) the bonus chapter was going to contain.

The whole subscribers promotion in relation to KotFE thing has been half-arsed from the very outset. Even to the extent that they extended the original deadline for Nico stuff.

This is down to BioWare PR being absolutely clueless and unstructured in how they do things. Either that or they don't understand human psychology in the slightest.

There was no need to list all the rewards at the outset of the promotion. Each reward was listed well in advance of the date at which time the account had to be in subscriber status. Each player had access to all the information they needed regarding those subscriber rewards.

The same goes for the bonus chapter. The information that it was a bonus chapter in which you get to play as HK-55 should have been sufficient for most people.

If the rewards were "super secret surprises" and announced AFTER the appropriate date, then you might have a point.